You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE TIME!.....another diary.

Comments

• edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Tbh I don't look at poker clinic much as I looked a few times and some opinions were different to what I had seen/heard on videos I had watched and it just really confused me.  It's true about the onion thing that's why u always here top pros saying they have to keep working on there game, to stay ahead of other players who are catching up. Channel 4's epts are brilliant I watch them every week ... Mainly due to joe stapletons commentary lol
  • edited June 2013
    UPDATE

First day back playing today after the promo, didn't play as much as I liked but did get a 90 min note taking study last night on some things I had spotted when I was playing last week.  Same story in the first session today, won a lot of all in and pots but lost too many pots I shouldn't have.  Ended up 1.2 byins up (£12), then come back in the evening shouldn't of played felt tired, lost all in I shouldn't have with a flush and ended up down, but overall £3 up for the day lol

Need to cut these silly awful mistakes out because my overall play im fairly happy with and am learning a lot more and realising a lot, I think im improving, but losing stacks on silly hands means im going to struggle to turn in profitable days.

Weird playing against different people today, so its going to take me a while to pick up reads when I 4 table so might be slow few days, they generally seem loose though so hopefully it will be +ev to play them :)

Balance: £359

Day: +£3 (+0,3 byins)

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceflower11 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £6.09 robbie1992 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.89   Your hole cards 9 4       Cash_Daddy Fold     MWLUFC Call  £0.10 £0.25 £9.11 flower11 Call  £0.05 £0.30 £6.04 robbie1992 Check     Flop    10 3 3       flower11 Check     robbie1992 Check     MWLUFC Check     Turn    A       flower11 Check     robbie1992 Check     MWLUFC Check     River    K       flower11 Bet  £0.30 £0.60 £5.74 robbie1992 Raise  £1.30 £1.90 £7.59 MWLUFC Fold     flower11 All-in  £5.74 £7.64 £0.00 robbie1992 Call  £4.74 £12.38 £2.85 flower11 Show A 3    robbie1992 Show 9 4    flower11 Win Full House, 3s and Aces £11.45  £11.45
    Felt if I raised here I would be commited to a shove, maybe this is just a call? silly hand to lose on though its so frustrating :(

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalanceClamshell Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £20.81 dre136 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £11.71   Your hole cards A A       Cash_Daddy Fold     25075424 Raise  £0.40 £0.55 £16.05 robbie1992 Raise  £1.30 £1.85 £8.83 Clamshell Fold     dre136 Fold     25075424 Call  £0.90 £2.75 £15.15 Flop    J 3 9       25075424 Check     robbie1992 Bet  £1.90 £4.65 £6.93 25075424 Call  £1.90 £6.55 £13.25 Turn    K       25075424 Check     robbie1992 All-in  £6.93 £13.48 £0.00 25075424 Call  £6.93 £20.41 £6.32 25075424 Show K K    robbie1992 Show A A    River    8       25075424 Win Three Kings £19.01  £25.33
    Thoughts on this hand? pretty standard I think but I think the K is a bad card.  Theres now a lot of 2 pairs and sets ahead when I shove the turn, I felt I had to shove turn to defend my hand/ for value/ to charge draws, but when it gets called I don't like it.... .is this standard or what? even if I check to pot control and he shoves id have to call wouldn't I?
  • edited June 2013
    The AA vs KK, any reads on villain?....if it goes check check on the turn, it's tough but possible to fold the river if he moves in on you as that 8s is a very poor card. It's not the best turn card but you'd never think the villain has KK...I dunno! It's weird as I like the shove yet at the same time feel like we are only getting called when behind, unless you know oppo is happy or willing to stack off with Kx of spades or can't lay QQ down.

Take comfort from the fact it should be in pre and then in the lap of the poker gods, and thus the same outcome :)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary.:
    The AA vs KK, any reads on villain?....if it goes check check on the turn, it's tough but possible to fold the river if he moves in on you as that 8s is a very poor card. It's not the best turn card but you'd never think the villain has KK...I dunno! It's weird as I like the shove yet at the same time feel like we are only getting called when behind, unless you know oppo is happy or willing to stack off with Kx of spades or can't lay QQ down. Take comfort from the fact it should be in pre and then in the lap of the poker gods, and thus the same outcome :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Not really any reads over a big sample, played against him before and his loose abit splashy , but havnt seen anything massive on him.  Yeah if I get to the river and he shoves then its a fold, but if I did check and that river come I would be thinking I didn't charge him to get there and now he has an opportunity to bluff me on that card because I showed weakness on the turn.  What hands would I get value from that had a King and called the flop.  KQs, KJ, AK.. theres now not a big range, but I cant really check the turn the board is draw heavy, just don't no where I get value from.

Yeah I thought that, watching the King come out on the turn if it was all in pre would of been much better  :)
  • edited June 2013
    UPDATE

Played a £2.20 sat to try to get into the semi as I want to play the £33 BH a lot tonight, top 5 got seat, I was top 5 all game and managed to finish 7th, lose a flop my 44>A8o, runner runner 4 to a flush.  Then played cash and it was dead, I think 2 10 nl tables running, everytime I was on one with 6 players it fell apart, just annoying really couldn't get the session going properly and added a 8nl one in because im trying to keep good BR management so added that instead of 20nl.  The players were mostly fish on all 3 tables and I ended up so bored and unfocused, they sorta ruined the game by being so lose.  How stupid is that? there players that will really give you there money if there and patient and I was bored.

Think im lacking motivation, hardly played this week because iv been busy which is not good enough really, played loads last week and made good profit and I feel like I don't care this week, my BR wont grow like that. I would like to play early so I can do other stuff in my day but theres just no traffic.

Target?

Can anyone suggest a target, I don't want it being years away but I want it to encourage my cash games, last week I played more then every and I didn't get bored.  maybe cause I like how much tougher the players were and the fact there was a leaderboard.

Ended up coming away -£5 due to being to loose and losing one hand that I don't regret to a fish who eventually stack off with a rag ace on a very wet board.  So yes what targets can you suggest, thanks.
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    Lloydy185 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £8.59
    rhys66 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £7.12
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • Q

nightnurse Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £7.68
    robbie1992 Call  £0.30 £0.75 £9.27
    stefland Fold     
    conall332 Call  £0.30 £1.05 £9.70
    Lloydy185 Call  £0.25 £1.30 £8.34
    rhys66 Call  £0.20 £1.50 £6.92
    Flop

• Q

Lloydy185 Check     
    rhys66 Bet  £1.13 £2.63 £5.79
    nightnurse Fold     
    robbie1992 Call  £1.13 £3.76 £8.14
    conall332 Fold     
    Lloydy185 Call  £1.13 £4.89 £7.21
    Turn

Lloydy185 Check     
    rhys66 Bet  £3.67 £8.56 £2.12
    robbie1992 All-in  £8.14 £16.70 £0.00
    Lloydy185 Fold     
    rhys66 All-in  £2.12 £18.82 £0.00
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £2.35 £16.47 £2.35
    rhys66 Show
    • J

robbie1992 Show
    • K
    • Q

River

• K

rhys66 Win Three 8s £15.23  £15.23
    I think this is a fold pre, if I raise Im stuck oop with 4 people in the pot that are stations, if I call I get rubbish coming along that could hit and I don't no where I stand.

Don't regret this at all, went with my reads, and theres so much he stacks off with here 9 10, 910s, QX, FLUSH DRAWS, possiably a7, 1010, 99, .
  • edited June 2013
    UPDATE Played a £2.20 sat to try to get into the semi as I want to play the £33 BH a lot tonight, top 5 got seat, I was top 5 all game and managed to finish 7th, lose a flop my 44 />A8o, runner runner 4 to a flush.  Then played cash and it was dead, I think 2 10 nl tables running, everytime I was on one with 6 players it fell apart, just annoying really couldn't get the session going properly and added a 8nl one in because im trying to keep good BR management so added that instead of 20nl.  The players were mostly fish on all 3 tables and I ended up so bored and unfocused, they sorta ruined the game by being so lose.  How stupid is that? there players that will really give you there money if there and patient and I was bored. Think im lacking motivation, hardly played this week because iv been busy which is not good enough really, played loads last week and made good profit and I feel like I don't care this week, my BR wont grow like that. I would like to play early so I can do other stuff in my day but theres just no traffic. Target? Can anyone suggest a target, I don't want it being years away but I want it to encourage my cash games, last week I played more then every and I didn't get bored.  maybe cause I like how much tougher the players were and the fact there was a leaderboard. Ended up coming away -£5 due to being to loose and losing one hand that I don't regret to a fish who eventually stack off with a rag ace on a very wet board.  So yes what targets can you suggest, thanks. Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance Lloydy185 Small blind   £0.05 £0.05 £8.59 rhys66 Big blind   £0.10 £0.15 £7.12   Your hole cards K Q       nightnurse Raise   £0.30 £0.45 £7.68 robbie1992 Call   £0.30 £0.75 £9.27 stefland Fold         conall332 Call   £0.30 £1.05 £9.70 Lloydy185 Call   £0.25 £1.30 £8.34 rhys66 Call   £0.20 £1.50 £6.92 Flop     Q 8 7       Lloydy185 Check         rhys66 Bet   £1.13 £2.63 £5.79 nightnurse Fold         robbie1992 Call   £1.13 £3.76 £8.14 conall332 Fold         Lloydy185 Call   £1.13 £4.89 £7.21 Turn     8       Lloydy185 Check         rhys66 Bet   £3.67 £8.56 £2.12 robbie1992 All-in   £8.14 £16.70 £0.00 Lloydy185 Fold         rhys66 All-in   £2.12 £18.82 £0.00 robbie1992 Unmatched bet   £2.35 £16.47 £2.35 rhys66 Show J 8       robbie1992 Show K Q       River     K       rhys66 Win Three 8s £15.23   £15.23 I think this is a fold pre, if I raise Im stuck oop with 4 people in the pot that are stations, if I call I get rubbish coming along that could hit and I don't no where I stand. Don't regret this at all, went with my reads, and theres so much he stacks off with here 9 10, 910s, QX, FLUSH DRAWS, possiably a7, 1010, 99, .
    Posted by robbie1992
    didn't mean to leave names in
  • edited June 2013
    Update

Rubbish day.  I didn't even enjoy playing today for some reason, getting bored that I cant finish session a lot of byins up, I don't understand why, im stil working hard on my game but doesn't seem to be happening, anyone got any help for how they motivate themselves for cash?

Played the £5.50 mini, was a waste of time I had JJ and one a double up and 1 head, that was my only exciting hand the whole tournament, finished like 180th I think.  In cash I lose about £4 early on when I hit a set on 4 5 6 two tone board, turn was a 7 he shoved I folded.  Cash was pretty ordinary aswell, nothing really happened on that either.  Dissapoint day adds to a so far disappointing week, feels like im going back to old ways and going round in a circle, don't get how I can improve my balance if im still making silly mistakes, and not focussing mentally :( sigh.

No one seems to write on my diary so I think I might stop it, I like it and its helped me I think tho .

Balance: £338.16

Day: -£21
  • edited June 2013
    tick tock.....haha only joking mate

I'm pretty much the same as you as far as cash goes. Have a winning session, then a losing session.....how many tables do you normally play? I find the less tables I play the better I do, try playing less tables is the only advice I can give. If you normally play 6, try playing 4 and see what effect it has on your win rate.

It's not as if you are bleeding money at a dramatic rate so there is nothing to get wound up about.
  • edited June 2013
    Haha busto time! That's no laughing matter :p

I recently upped it to 4 from 3 for the promo still tried 4 today but wasn't enough tables so was between 3/4. It's hArd without as many regs on all tables though, that's been the big change this week Iv found hard. Ill see how it goes next few days and go down to 3 if its not happening.  How do u motivate urself Waller when u dont feel like playing?

You not been running too good then Waller?
  • edited June 2013
    Haha busto time! That's no laughing matter :p I recently upped it to 4 from 3 for the promo still tried 4 today but wasn't enough tables so was between 3/4. It's hArd without as many regs on all tables though, that's been the big change this week Iv found hard. Ill see how it goes next few days and go down to 3 if its not happening.  How do u motivate urself Waller when u dont feel like playing? You not been running too good then Waller?
    Posted by robbie1992
    This is where the problem may be..........If I dont feel like playing, then I don't play. We aint pros, we don't rely on any poker winnings.......so why play when you don't feel like it.
  • edited June 2013
    tick tock.....haha only joking mate I'm pretty much the same as you as far as cash goes. Have a winning session, then a losing session.....how many tables do you normally play? I find the less tables I play the better I do, try playing less tables is the only advice I can give. If you normally play 6, try playing 4 and see what effect it has on your win rate. It's not as if you are bleeding money at a dramatic rate so there is nothing to get wound up about.
    Posted by waller02
    haha your only allowed to say that when im winning, not when im losing or it might come true :P

I played 4 all throughout the promo from 3 tables, I want to continue to play 4 because I want to keep improving and I see that as improvement, but my win right has gone abit down I think, but I don't think I can blame it on 4 tables because It didn't have any influence on my decisions.   No im not but just finding it hard to get my b/r moving up, and finding it hard to motivate myself since the promo finished.....how do you motivate yourself for cash?

Things not been going well for you then lately waller?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : haha your only allowed to say that when im winning, not when im losing or it might come true :P I played 4 all throughout the promo from 3 tables, I want to continue to play 4 because I want to keep improving and I see that as improvement, but my win right has gone abit down I think, but I don't think I can blame it on 4 tables because It didn't have any influence on my decisions.   No im not but just finding it hard to get my b/r moving up, and finding it hard to motivate myself since the promo finished.....how do you motivate yourself for cash? Things not been going well for you then lately waller?
    Posted by robbie1992
    ???? you have replied to post twice lol

How do I motivate myself? Not sure really. I just play when I feel like a game, which is most evenings. If I get bored or tired then I stop playing and I have the odd night off. Playing too much can definitely take the fun out of the game.

Things not been going well for me lately? Not for about a year lol. Basically starting from scratch again!

I don't beat myself up about it though and neither should you. It's just a game! 
  • edited June 2013
    opps sorry its because I used the itouch for the reply and it never refreshes.

That's true, but is poker still fun if you fail to win....not sure imo, im aiming to eventually build a good stack and become a grinder who can make good money out of the game on a consistant basis.  I want to be how tintin/dtm/cash daddy and all them are like, putting in a lot of hours.

Cheers for the reply tho, maybe were meet on the tables soon, GL.
  • edited June 2013
    opps sorry its because I used the itouch for the reply and it never refreshes. That's true, but is poker still fun if you fail to win....not sure imo, im aiming to eventually build a good stack and become a grinder who can make good money out of the game on a consistant basis.  I want to be how tintin/dtm/cash daddy and all them are like, putting in a lot of hours. Cheers for the reply tho, maybe were meet on the tables soon, GL.
    Posted by robbie1992
    Two of these guys you mention play for a living so there motivation is being able to eat lol and as far as i know tintin is just a grinding machine who consistently makes profit so i guess thats his motivation. Play because you want to play and when you feel fresh, don't over extend your sessions or play for the sake of it just to try and grind out a profit as it may actually negatively affect your winrate, play the game as a hobby you enjoy let the profit follow rather than hoping it will work the other round, still reading btw havn't been playing cash as much this week myself as just havn't felt like it which suits me better, no point playing just for the sake of a slight profit with no enjoyment as that is pretty much = to just having a job in IT.
  • edited June 2013

Oh really I didn't know they both played for a living, I just enjoyed the amount I plaed last week and how determined I was to do well, just need to get a routine or aim of certain hours a week.  I was thinking about trying to learn heads up more, I gotta book I never read by moshman but it looks like theres a lot of varience, and seems hard to put people on a range...would be something different I could play instead of cash.

Hoping too play a lot this weekend now theres no footie on and stuff, just need to keep motivated.

• edited June 2013
    Yeah it is the same faces pretty much everyday.  Cash can be very tedious tbh, I don't know how they can look at a screen with loads of times just playing hand after hand.  Sounds good, I don't think ill need to play 12 but always nice to no you can if you want too lol I think ill leave it at 4 until I improve my win rate then move it up.
    abbott09 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £5.45
    Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.60
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

ribeiro66 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £9.14
    SPAZMATRON Call  £0.10 £0.35 £1.77
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.40 £0.75 £8.85
    abbott09 Call  £0.35 £1.10 £5.10
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    ribeiro66 Call  £0.30 £1.40 £8.84
    SPAZMATRON Call  £0.30 £1.70 £1.47
    Flop

• Q

abbott09 Bet  £0.30 £2.00 £4.80
    ribeiro66 Fold     
    SPAZMATRON Fold     
    robbie1992 Call  £0.30 £2.30 £8.55
    Turn

abbott09 Bet  £0.50 £2.80 £4.30
    robbie1992 Call  £0.50 £3.30 £8.05
    River

• A

abbott09 Bet  £1.00 £4.30 £3.30
    robbie1992 All-in  £8.05 £12.35 £0.00
    abbott09 All-in  £3.30 £15.65 £0.00
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £3.75 £11.90 £3.75
    abbott09 Show

robbie1992 Show
    • A
    • Q

abbott09 Win Three 4s £11.00  £11.00
    Cash_Daddy Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £12.52
    TINTIN Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £9.50
    moyle06 Sit out     
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • J

robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £8.18
    azukira Call  £0.30 £0.75 £29.65
    Cash_Daddy Call  £0.25 £1.00 £12.27
    TINTIN Fold     
    Flop

Cash_Daddy Check     
    robbie1992 Bet  £0.70 £1.70 £7.48
    azukira Call  £0.70 £2.40 £28.95
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    Turn

• A

robbie1992 Bet  £1.20 £3.60 £6.28
    azukira Call  £1.20 £4.80 £27.75
    River

robbie1992 Check     
    azukira Bet  £2.50 £7.30 £25.25
    robbie1992 Call  £2.50 £9.80 £3.78
    azukira Show

robbie1992 Muck
    • A
    • J

azukira Win Straight to the 5 £9.06  £34.31
    these both standard?
  • edited June 2013
    I'd go for raise on the flop with the first and proceed with caution vs a flat that way u can get some info and know where u stand if he reraises.

On the 2nd I'd prefer a bigger bet on the turn as it brings 2 draws.

River wise with how the hand went I'd be doing the same vs standard opps though.
  • edited June 2013
    No not standard at all.

He had donked out the flop, bet the turn, and even the ace on the river has not slowed him down.

The river is key information.

You need to consider what hands worse than yours will call the shove based on the story the villain has told, you are just not thinking enough!

• edited June 2013
    Don't I fold out worse a lot on that flop if I raise, its a fairly dry flop theres not much I can get a lot of value out of by raising the flop, maybe pocket pairs and worse qx but most of them fold to a barrell?? I don't think I like the raise tbh.  Heres my thoughts in the hand ' I raise on the button , maybe could have gone bigger tbh with limpers but owell.  Good flop for me and this guy donks, judging from previous plays and tendencies he donks with a lot.  I call and keep PP and weak qx hands in.  9 doesn't change much I should raise here as a lot of drawy and worse hands call, I just flat to keep bluffs and qx and PP in , which I do think he can barrell with.  The river comes a ace all his A high bluffs have hit top pair, and if he does have q9 I now beat that.  I lose to a 4x hand, but beat near enough everything else.  He has less then pot size bet left so I shove for value and theres a lot worse hands in his range.......he shows and 4 and I cry."

Ok I like betting bigger on turn in second hand, if I bet bigger I think it may also look like im bluffing that card and might get calls from worse. River I did think this is odd, what could he have, I did think his done all this with the ace there his not slowed down at all .

Cal you no I wont listen to you.  Aplogise for your comments and ill respond to you, you not that ignorant you cant apolgise surely !?!
  • edited June 2013
    kp_king Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £7.47
    Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £19.87
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • A

robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £8.16
    Thats0s1ck Raise  £0.85 £1.30 £10.30
    kp_king Fold     
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    robbie1992 Call  £0.55 £1.85 £7.61
    Flop

• J

robbie1992 Check     
    Thats0s1ck Bet  £0.80 £2.65 £9.50
    robbie1992 Call  £0.80 £3.45 £6.81
    Turn

• K

robbie1992 Check     
    Thats0s1ck Check     
    River

robbie1992 Bet  £2.59 £6.04 £4.22
    Thats0s1ck Call  £2.59 £8.63 £6.91
    robbie1992 Show
    • Q
    • A

Thats0s1ck Show

Thats0s1ck Win Pair of 8s £7.98  £14.89
    al85 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £3.92
    Cash_Daddy Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.89
      Your hole cards

Donttelmum Fold     
    DTWBANDIT Fold     
    jaebhoy Raise  £0.20 £0.35 £11.68
    robbie1992 Call  £0.20 £0.55 £9.50
    al85 Call  £0.15 £0.70 £3.77
    Cash_Daddy Raise  £0.90 £1.60 £7.99
    jaebhoy Call  £0.80 £2.40 £10.88
    robbie1992 Call  £0.80 £3.20 £8.70
    al85 Call  £0.80 £4.00 £2.97
    Flop

• Q
    • K

al85 Check     
    Cash_Daddy Bet  £3.00 £7.00 £4.99
    jaebhoy Fold     
    robbie1992 All-in  £8.70 £15.70 £0.00
    al85 Fold     
    Cash_Daddy All-in  £4.99 £20.69 £0.00
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £0.71 £19.98 £0.71
    Cash_Daddy Show
    • A
    • J

robbie1992 Show

Turn

River

Cash_Daddy Win Flush to the Ace £18.58  £18.58
    My 2 biggest problems in poker, Flush draws with added oesd or gutsht and bluffs.  These hands are terriable and I really struggle with flush draw hands, what should I be looking for with these hands, big pots? check call? fold even ??

The bluffs I fail with all the time and playing 10nl doesn't help as a lot of players play there cause they call too much, but what things should I be looking out for to know if its a bluffing moment?

Played for about 90 minutes today , again not putting in a proper shift, but I didn't forget its my granddads bday so I have no choice but to miss playing, might play tonight for a change late.  Played OK today, not amazing, lost a byin and 1/2 early on but then hit some nice hands and won a few pots, then lost abit through a bluff and a bigger full house ( I had 55 on a a k 5 flop he had a4, the turn come 4 river come 5, all in by the river)

B/R:  £351

Today: +1 byin
  • edited June 2013
    fl v fl is always tricky
    your 1st mistake in this hand is calling 20p p/f (1st chance to get away)
    the 2nd is calling casdaddys raise p/f...what is he raising with? (2nd chance to get away)
    cashdaddy is never betting 3/4 pot £3 here,with a worse hand than yours. (3rd chance to get away0
    you should have folded somewhere p/f
     as played,3 small mistakes and result...maximum loss.

you have to know your opponents and also take notice of when and why a big bet goes in against you.
    when it does you have to decide if you are going with your hand or not.
    here was a not.

dev
  • edited June 2013

Yeah I no his never bluffing, thought he actually had a made hand but this was the worst hand he could of had really, lost my flush and my gutshot.  So this is a fold?  I think it should of been too just seems weird you flop well with a speculative hand and are still folding, suppose its not just about the hand its about the situation and the player.  The thing is aswell with this hands is there not as good as it looks your ALWAYS going in an underdog, even against a bluff your likely to be an underdog, so its not a good situation to risk a stack with .  Wished I could get that into my head when playing lol

• edited June 2013
    Yeah I no his never bluffing, thought he actually had a made hand but this was the worst hand he could of had really, lost my flush and my gutshot.  So this is a fold?  I think it should of been too just seems weird you flop well with a speculative hand and are still folding, suppose its not just about the hand its about the situation and the player.  The thing is aswell with this hands is there not as good as it looks your ALWAYS going in an underdog, even against a bluff your likely to be an underdog, so its not a good situation to risk a stack with .  Wished I could get that into my head when playing lol
    Posted by robbie1992
    yes p/f every time,or at least a raise.

try better hand selection and this situation will not happen so often.
    also you have button and are limping p/f this is not good either.
    if you decide to play a hand,especially with good/best position,then we should be using it,shouldn't we?
    :)
    dev
  • edited June 2013
    Cal you no I wont listen to you.  Aplogise for your comments and ill respond to you, you not that ignorant you cant apolgise surely !?!
    Posted by robbie1992

What's the quote from David Tuchman's poker tip - "Leave your ego at the door"?

Calcalfold is a much better player than you and he/she is willing to give up their time to offer you free information and help you, yet you post stuff like the quote above.

Put it to one side and listen. It will help you get better.
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : What's the quote from David Tuchman's poker tip - "Leave your ego at the door"? Calcalfold is a much better player than you and he/she is willing to give up their time to offer you free information and help you, yet you post stuff like the quote above. Put it to one side and listen. It will help you get better.
    Posted by FCHD
    use your brain for a while, read whats happened before you get involved with comments. Don't agree with what I say then don't write on my diary ? jheeze whats wrong with people you spend your time coming here and giving unintelligent comments? don't you have anything else to do

This diary is for poker matters and help.  Im not going to let it get into a arguemnt because its just pointless.  The fact your be rude about my poker skills is just unhelpful and uneeded.  Why did forums get invented? so better players can help other players...so try think about that before you start being horriable.  I no im not good, that's why I started this diary for help, not for people to come on here and just criticise.

Like I said try use your brain read why I don't listen to cal and come back.....it has nothing to do with poker why I don't listen to him, so educate yourself on the matter before your casting your opinion.
  • edited June 2013
    I've read and contributed to this thread from the start. Everything Calcalfold has said is true. Just becuase you started this thread does not mean people who have opinions can't post on it.

You're cutting off your nose to spite your face.

I'm  not being rude about your poker skills, more I'm praising Calcalfold's, and without a doubt he/she is better than you, but you don't want to hear that. He/she is helping you, and on several occasions you have turned it into something personal.

I say again - "Leave your ego at the door"
  • edited June 2013
    FCHD,

Firstly thank you for the kind remarks.

Secondly, As you have seen, I have tried and failed to wake Robbie up from himself.

Listen to the quotes, they are not the thoughts of a rational man in any way shape or form.

1) "it has nothing to do with poker why I don't listen to him"

I have no doubt if a Barry Greenstein or a Scotty Nguyen rubbed him up the wrong way, he would also treat their advice with total contempt.

2) "I no im not good, that's why I started this diary for help, not for people to come on here and just criticise. "

Totally contradicts the previous remarks he made.

3) "This diary is for poker matters and help"

Rather ironic

4) "Don't agree with what I say then don't write on my diary"

We have reached new levels of absurdity, What is this? A dictarorship???? All hail Muammar Robbie

Finally as an aside I am a stout believer that, dyslexia aside, the way people spell and use words to form their points is often a direct correlation to intelligence quotient. Read into that what you will.
  • edited June 2013
    seriously now, this is getting stupid, im not going to ruin my diary over little nerd trolls trying to be smart.  Your really starting to annoy me now, can you please not comment on my diary.  This is about the 3rd time iv asked you.  Im being polite in what iv said im not being rude iv stated my opinion and have asked you can you not comment on my diary.  Im not going to get in an argument about it buts its really annoying me and wasting my time.

Whys there people that have to ruin everything?
  • edited June 2013
    seriously now, this is getting stupid, im not going to ruin my diary over little nerd trolls trying to be smart.  Your really starting to annoy me now, can you please not comment on my diary.  This is about the 3rd time iv asked you.  Im being polite in what iv said im not being rude iv stated my opinion and have asked you can you not comment on my diary.  Im not going to get in an argument about it buts its really annoying me and wasting my time. Whys there people that have to ruin everything?
    Posted by robbie1992
    As a reader I disagree with the bolded bit, think it's quite entertaining ;D