You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

ONE TIME!.....another diary.

Comments

• edited June 2013
    N1 robbie........good to see your br going in the right direction. Keep it up...........tick tock :)
  • edited June 2013
    Aint played cash for what feels like yonks (probably only like a 2 weeks max in reality) so I'm trying to test my metal with some HH analysis cos I'm gonna get back into after watching some youtube vids that got me motivated again.

1) Depending on the opponent, I don't mind flatting the 3b, folding to the 3b, or 4betting. BUT you're 4bet is crazy big. You go 3x, he goes 9x, you go 28x! Your 4b should be more like 20-22x imo. Fold to the 5bet shove, you'll be in horrible shape (as you were).

2) Pre fine, flop fine, I probably continue the line and go smaller on the turn with the intention of getting the rest of the chips in on literally any river. Shoving isn't that bad though.

3) Again, 4bet size is just crazy big. It goes 3x, 9x, then you go 32x!! (see above number 1 for sizing). After that, wp, ul.

Your sizings generally should be along the lines of 3xBB, 9-10xBB, 22xBB (ish).  4 bets can generally be small cos when you're 4bet bluffing you won't get people peeling light often cos you've gone smaller they'll just say 'oh, he's 4bet, ok I fold', so your 4bet bluffs are cheap, and assuming we're not super deep, it's not gonna be too hard to get stacks in with value hands in a 4bet pot even when your 4bet is small. Going smaller also allows people to do something spazzy whereas when you 4bet massive people just think 'ok, he's not folding, so I gotta give up'.
  • edited June 2013
    keep going ignore the detractors..there is an ignore button )

4 bet size between 20-25bb - never 4 bet bluff at nl10 though unless you have some crazy levelling game going on with oppo

• edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary.:
    Update same sort of schedule toda, study in morning and played 2 smallish session with dinner being the break inbetween.  Thing went well i was happy with how i played, think im getting more value out of my hands then i have in a long while, hope i can just keep continuing to do the correct thing.  Havnt tilted in ages aswell which is good and i read the mental game somemore today to help with performance anxiety as for some reason i was really nervous today.  The exercise they gave today was helpful and i left it infront of me throughout my session just incase. Balance is at £398, so near enough back to starting deposit!!! which 2 weeks ago seemed impossiable for that to happen.  How do i get the £400 out that i deposited , keep winning and withdraw evertime i reach £100? not sure iv seen many people ask that, i want to get the £400 out asap so i got a full b/r of profit, then try and get 30-40 byins for 20nl....well thats the plan anyways.... Also football fixtures were out today, cant wait.  Not what i wanted as palace will be buzzing for there first game back and there be up for it, so could be harder then it looks.  Should have strikers/midfields/wingers by then tho so i think im confident.  Arsenal away 3rd game in, cannot wait! theres no form 3 games in really so its anyone to win, but NORTH LONDON IS OURS, so hopefully it will stay that way.  David moyes with a tough start, lump on Man u to finish outside the top 4 ! B/R: £398.17 DAY: +2 BYINS (£20) CALCALFOLD: "TICK TOCK TILL BUSTO"
    Posted by robbie1992

LOL, how about something that does seem to happen a lot the spuds to finish outside the top four. I would say if moyes has a bad season manure will finish 3rd no lower. For Arsenal to compete, we need to get these big signings we are being linked with. 

Nice work re the BR. 

• edited June 2013
    Cheers waller, tick tock :) 

What YouTube vids were they lambert? How's things been going for u , I last read ur diary when u was Going through a rough patch, have things picked up?

Yeah I think either fold or 4 bet on kq hand but when he shoves it's a fold. Does blind vs blind make a difference? He still prob is t shoving a big enough % of hands for this to be profitable, so how would I adapt to his 3bets. Tighter range oop, 4 bet/ bigger rnge IP and call down lighter? 
    The AA hand he was rally bad tho, if he calls a 4x then why not bet it?, he was literally playing any 2 cards so can't i take advantage here?
    4 bet smaller even if oop and a bluff? Won't they peel more if its smaller? 
    Sorry that's an essay of questions lol

Ha yeah I don't mind people can have there opinions , I'm only trying to be a better poker player, I don't mean to argue lol
  • edited June 2013
    Update

Dreadful day.  Worst iv had this month.  I don't no what went wrong really, the table was full of players playing every hand, I think I was playing to wide a range against them, I was playing a lot in position but I wasn't hitting anything and they wasn't folding post flop so there was no way of winning the hand really if I didn't hit.  So I ended up playing tight/nitty, fit or fold mostly unless is was very dry boards which I hated as its boring and I don't like playing so tight.  So then I tilted because it wasn't going well and I was bored.

What a mess iv had a good week really iv won every day this week and then I make things hard by doing this? TBH I struggled to know how to exploit them, I was raising bigger pre, for instance I had KK, someone min raise to 20p, and one called so I just raised to £1.20 I think, which is very high, but they both called so I don't think its a problem, board comes ace high , I check flop , safe turn someone bets I call, safe river they pot it, just constant horriable spots.  Think it was abit of everything today, run bad, play bad, abit of tilt, boredom.  SOOOOOO frustrating :(

Lost a £30 pot aiotf my 2 pair vs his tp/flush draw, turn hit his flush.....I run good against flush draws mostly so cant moan but when I see that and the way it was going today I had a bad feeling. 

Oh well just another challenge poker has come up with I suppose, hard work try and find where it went wrong and ill go again maybe tonight or tomorrow.

Struggling to find the motive for playing hours on hours, why? do you win more? is it easier? I don't understand what the thinking is, your going to lose hands and win hands so I dunno, can someone make me understand?

BR: £387. 92

Day: - 2.4 byins

Just got back to initial deposit and wanting to kick on, so frustrating.
  • edited June 2013
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    THEKOP235 Small blind £0.05 £0.05 £15.03
    _Hazard_ Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £8.93
      Your hole cards
    • A

KELTY19 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £12.99
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    THEKOP235 Call  £0.25 £0.70 £14.78
    _Hazard_ Call  £0.20 £0.90 £8.73
    Flop

• A

THEKOP235 Bet  £0.90 £1.80 £13.88
    _Hazard_ Call  £0.90 £2.70 £7.83
    robbie1992 Raise  £3.10 £5.80 £9.89
    THEKOP235 All-in  £13.88 £19.68 £0.00
    _Hazard_ Fold     
    robbie1992 All-in  £9.89 £29.57 £0.00
    THEKOP235 Unmatched bet  £1.79 £27.78 £1.79
    THEKOP235 Show
    • A

robbie1992 Show
    • A

Turn

River

THEKOP235 Win Flush to the Ace £26.38  £28.17
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    pokermask Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £14.97
    THEKOP235 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £5.09
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • A

lundie Fold     
    Gudge92 Fold     
    robbie1992 Raise  £0.30 £0.45 £11.55
    Cash_Daddy Fold     
    pokermask Fold     
    THEKOP235 Raise  £1.00 £1.45 £4.09
    robbie1992 All-in  £11.55 £13.00 £0.00
    THEKOP235 All-in  £4.09 £17.09 £0.00
    robbie1992 Unmatched bet  £6.66 £10.43 £6.66
    THEKOP235 Show
    • K
    • K

robbie1992 Show
    • K
    • A

Flop

• Q

Turn

River

THEKOP235 Win Two Pairs, Kings and 6s £9.64  £9.64
    Maybe just my day that varience isn't on my side? with these 2 I make 2 byins profit I think so oh well
  • edited June 2013
    hey robbie hows things buddy?

just thought give my few pence worth in the hands above.

1st hand- imo just a cooler one they spots don`t think either one of yous can fold.
    2nd hand-any reads on opponent because i know when i played 10nl most of them were only 3bettin with a really tight range so may just call in position and see what happens flop,but if opponent  has been quite active I just 4bet call it off rather than just shove.

just realised they were short  sorry ,you played it fine just ul again.

how you doing in the promo ? I was sitting 2nd all week and now been overtaken by splashies and think the likes of shawsok,aj rockets and 1day are no far behind me but no fussed it`s free money no matter where i finish.

gl at tables m8
  • edited June 2013
    hey robbie hows things buddy? just thought give my few pence worth in the hands above. 1st hand- imo just a cooler one they spots don`t think either one of yous can fold. 2nd hand-any reads on opponent because i know when i played 10nl most of them were only 3bettin with a really tight range so may just call in position and see what happens flop,but if opponent  has been quite active I just 4bet call it off rather than just shove. just realised they were short  sorry ,you played it fine just ul again. how you doing in the promo ? I was sitting 2nd all week and now been overtaken by splashies and think the likes of shawsok,aj rockets and 1day are no far behind me but no fussed it`s free money no matter where i finish. gl at tables m8
    Posted by liamboi11
    Yeah I don't realy have any complains about the hands I don't think, I just played poor overall today tho. Just don't understand why, hopfully it's. minor blip. 

I see that dw tho, remember u wanted top 5 and that's still achievable so keep going mate. I havnt been trying in te promo I finished 7th in the 1st one and didnt get to watch no training vids or stuff so I decided to do that instead this week. It's true tho its free money but definatly a challenge.  How do u play more then 4 tables, I don't get how u fit it in ur screen loll
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Robbie,

Things aint really changed much cos I took a kinda unplanned break. It wasn't a conscious decision to not play, just motivation was a bit low and it didn't help that I got Fallout 3 for father's day so that's guaranteed to make me play less poker. Things are, give or take, pretty similar to how they were, I've only really been playing the odd MTT (and SPT sats) over the last few weeks. I've FT'd the £11 BH and I went quite deep in the Thursday ME (£33 BH) then got it in w/ AA v AK for the chip lead and lost, ended up cashing for about £80 including my heads. Pretty much all my cashes have been wiped out by SPT sats and MTTs I've bricked though.

I can't remember the exact vids tbh, they weren't training vids or anything, just seeing really old interviews with people like Dwan and Luke Schwartz that just helped me get back some hunger for the game. I've been reading The Mental Game of Poker again which I think has helped and I got my motivation back so there will be more updates to come in my diary and hopefully some positive ones.

Both hands above are played fine btw

In answer to your question above, if you're a winning player and you play more, you win more. No different from a job, if you get £6 per hour and do some overtime, you get paid more. Long term if you track results you'll have an idea of a winrate, so say you are winning 10xBB per hour, if you play for 4 hours you earn twice as much as if you play for 2 hours. Obviously over the short term, you might be -200xBB or +500xBB but that's variance. If you know your winrate is accurate and you play well, then you can know you earned X amount of money regardless of the result cos even if it didnt hapen that session, it will even out before long.

Playing more also usually makes people feel better about variance. Like if you only play 1 hour per week, you sit down and get coolered to death for 60 mins, then have to wait a week for your next session that feels pretty rubbish. Whereas if you played 10 hours a day for 3 weeks straight (assuming you didnt burnout and start playing bad), there would be times you'll get coolered to death but because you're playing so much, you'll see the opposite scenarios too in a much smaller timeframe and most people can handle that better. That's why MTT variance is harder to handle imo, because we all know we're happy getting it in QQ v TT, but when it happens on the FT bubble and you lose, it can take SOOO long to feel like you've had a similar opportunity for things to 'even out'.
  • edited June 2013
    Hi Robbie, Things aint really changed much cos I took a kinda unplanned break. It wasn't a conscious decision to not play, just motivation was a bit low and it didn't help that I got Fallout 3 for father's day so that's guaranteed to make me play less poker. Things are, give or take, pretty similar to how they were, I've only really been playing the odd MTT (and SPT sats) over the last few weeks. I've FT'd the £11 BH and I went quite deep in the Thursday ME (£33 BH) then got it in w/ AA v AK for the chip lead and lost, ended up cashing for about £80 including my heads. Pretty much all my cashes have been wiped out by SPT sats and MTTs I've bricked though. I can't remember the exact vids tbh, they weren't training vids or anything, just seeing really old interviews with people like Dwan and Luke Schwartz that just helped me get back some hunger for the game. I've been reading The Mental Game of Poker again which I think has helped and I got my motivation back so there will be more updates to come in my diary and hopefully some positive ones. Both hands above are played fine btw In answer to your question above, if you're a winning player and you play more, you win more. No different from a job, if you get £6 per hour and do some overtime, you get paid more. Long term if you track results you'll have an idea of a winrate, so say you are winning 10xBB per hour, if you play for 4 hours you earn twice as much as if you play for 2 hours. Obviously over the short term, you might be -200xBB or +500xBB but that's variance. If you know your winrate is accurate and you play well, then you can know you earned X amount of money regardless of the result cos even if it didnt hapen that session, it will even out before long. Playing more also usually makes people feel better about variance. Like if you only play 1 hour per week, you sit down and get coolered to death for 60 mins, then have to wait a week for your next session that feels pretty rubbish. Whereas if you played 10 hours a day for 3 weeks straight (assuming you didnt burnout and start playing bad), there would be times you'll get coolered to death but because you're playing so much, you'll see the opposite scenarios too in a much smaller timeframe and most people can handle that better. That's why MTT variance is harder to handle imo, because we all know we're happy getting it in QQ v TT, but when it happens on the FT bubble and you lose, it can take SOOO long to feel like you've had a similar opportunity for things to 'even out'.
    Posted by Lambert180
    Not got into SPT Nottingham yet then ? I might try and get into that I havnt been to a live event ever so its definatly something im looking to do.   I was thinking of luke Schwartz today, where has he gone?? his disappeared havnt seen him in an event since premier league poker a year or 2 ago.

Hmm yes that true but you need to consistently play your A game and I think that's tough over such a long period, Especially if your multitabling aswell.  Cash I Love, but its hard to play continuously when theres no really target, as in tournements your playing until your the last person left, cash is just continuously playing.

I did like playing a lot of hours for the promo but didn't feel burnt out by the end and that was only for a week, hopefully ill get more used to long hours the more I do it.  Currently play about 2-4 hours a day on average id say, next week I want to earn 1k c4p points to get me to £45 for the month so think that will be the motivation for next week.

Ill keep an eye on your diary for when you get back to playing though.
  • edited June 2013
  • edited June 2013
    Tick tock :)
    Posted by calcalfold
    u forgot too say well done for the profit iv had since u last said that,  u gonna say well done to your idol ?
  • edited June 2013
    Nice 1, still chatting away, i can see you been best buddies by xmas lol
  • edited June 2013

In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : u forgot too say well done for the profit iv had since u last said that,  u gonna say well done to your idol ?
    Posted by robbie1992

If I ever commended somebody who writes like that, I would have to kick my own arce.

Plus-

1 month
    I would guess about 3 hours per day at least on average
    A loss of £13 (would be a loss of £93 if not for Sky giving you money from promo)

Looking for praise......really?
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : If I ever commended somebody who writes like that, I would have to kick my own arce. Plus- 1 month I would guess about 3 hours per day at least on average A loss of £13 (would be a loss of £93 if not for Sky giving you money from promo) Looking for praise......really?
    Posted by calcalfold
    HaHa, ur such a boring troll.
  • edited June 2013
    You love it really robbie. You have asked time and time again for ways of motivating yourself. Surely the desire to prove ccf wrong should be plenty of motivation!

Best diary on the forum m8......deep down even ccf wants you to succeed.
  • edited June 2013
    You love it really robbie. You have asked time and time again for ways of motivating yourself. Surely the desire to prove ccf wrong should be plenty of motivation! Best diary on the forum m8......deep down even ccf wants you to succeed.
    Posted by waller02

+1 to this everything happens in this diary.

I read every diary and they are all good, was actually thinking of doing a diary myself next month but don`t know if people would read it don`t think people want see my day to day swings and see some crazy hands a play and bink lol.
  • edited June 2013
    You love it really robbie. You have asked time and time again for ways of motivating yourself. Surely the desire to prove ccf wrong should be plenty of motivation! Best diary on the forum m8......deep down even ccf wants you to succeed.
    Posted by waller02

Sigh.  #musttryharder

Wheres calcafold to criticize my play when i need him ;)
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Sigh.  #musttryharder Wheres calcafold to criticize my play when i need him ;)
    Posted by gazza127
    Sigh
    Calcalfold, I put a hand on my thread you might like to batter me about
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Sigh.  #musttryharder Wheres calcafold to criticize my play when i need him ;)
    Posted by gazza127
    I read and enjoy all the diaries....this one is the most entertaining. However, yours is the most action packed as far as poker is concerned!

Besides, mine is easily the dullest of the bunch....."played 4nl, lost a quid" etc...
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : I read and enjoy all the diaries....this one is the most entertaining. However, yours is the most action packed as far as poker is concerned! Besides, mine is easily the dullest of the bunch....."played 4nl, lost a quid" etc...
    Posted by waller02
    Sigh
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : Sigh
    Posted by Jac35
    you have just won an SPT......what more do you want!! haha
  • edited June 2013
    In Response to Re: ONE TIME!.....another diary. : you have just won an SPT......what more do you want!! haha
    Posted by waller02

:)
  • edited June 2013
    Posted by waller02
    Huge +1!!!!!!!!
  • edited June 2013
    CCF was motivation for the promo in the first week of the month, then the guy that only writes to me for something negative/ who iv never seen or talked to in my life was suddenly not such a big deal, I didn't really care what he said.

SOMETHING AWFUL HAS HAPPENED......I fell apart :( 3 byins lost in the space of 2 tiny sessions.  I feel so disgusting, iv never had a feeling like this for poker.  I am so gutted that I suddenly starting doing wrong things/ calling too much/ paniacking.  I worked so hard and was so proud of myself in getting my b/r back that after losing yesterday and losing a byin quickly today I was screaming on the inside.  so iv lost just over 6 byisn in 2 days.....after not losing in any session this week.

So so so disspointed, I don't no where it went wrong.  I even took a table away and played 3 because I didn't feel I was getting good reads.  Why have I lost?

- desperation tilt? fear?
    - why did I suddenly feel like this was the first time iv played poker and feeling unsure at every decision?
    - Why was I making decisions so quickly
    -Why couldn't I fold when my mind said im losing and give me the reason why ?

Feel like building a B/r is like going round in circles, this always happens, I always do well 5/7 and then blow up in those 2 days? I cant keep missing playing time because of things like this.  I waste so much time not playing.

Please can I have some encouraging words....feel like I just want to withdraw my whole B/R..... and just spend it on going on holiday with my bff CCF :(
  • edited June 2013
    B/r: £358.44

Day: -3 byins ( £30)

BTW ill post the pathetic hands later....I need some time to prepare for the comments im about to receive once I posted them/for the last few days.
  • edited June 2013

3 buyins is f'all m8.......not worth getting wound up about

• edited June 2013
    3 buyins is f'all m8.......not worth getting wound up about
    Posted by waller02
    yeah I no but its just how I felt and the way I lost them, if you play well and lose them its fine but to just not feel the same as I have all week it annoying.

Plus I got to £422 from £227 in the space of 2 weeks I think and I just wanted to push on and make some good profit, just abit of a kick in the teeth, I wont lie I didn't see it coming.

Where do I go from here? lol do I play , study, hand historys, break, mental study?
  • edited June 2013
    Seriously though, a -3bi session is pretty standard, far from the end of the world. Just shrug it off m8, you have enough of a br to be able to cope with the odd bad session.

I ain't good enough to dish out poker advice but I can give some moral support......... Chin up, don't beat yourself up everytime you have a bad session :)