You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Ah got a feelin

Comments

• edited July 2013

lol aye it was, gutted haha, that was my tournament to win lol but not to worry

After that tournie i couldn't sleep was way 2 warm, so ended up playing HU Games, managed to win 7 out of 8, ran pretty well and the standard of opponent suited me well. Was really happy with the HU games plus the small cash from the MTT, gave my bankroll a good boost.

I decided i would play the Orfo deepstack, pretty much i was free rolling after my wins yesterday.

Also played the £1000 freeroll, and Syndicate freeroll.

In the syndicate freeroll, i late reg'd after 20 mins. Pretty sure you can do this, fold every hand and you will prob still qualify. Lambert was one of the players at my table "away" lol as were most of the rest of the table at most points, apart from the guy on my right who had 8k and was still playing lol I min raised with Ace 10 Diamonds pre flop up 2 400 (blinds 1 and 200) Flop came 2 D, plus i had a straight draw. I checked opponent bet 800 I had to fold lol i only started the hand with 2.4k. Needless to say i managed to make the top 200.

In the 1k freeroll, i was sitting with 3.6k with 5 mins 2 go. Think this was only 1 quid or 2 quid maximum.

I was in the BB with J9 4 way pot (no raise) flop came down 9 high, small blind open shoved and had me well covered. I called hoping he had a flush draw lol Still havnt seen what he had, i left so i didn't see the hand and just came back a minute later to see i had been knocked out. I didnt mind the gamble, i was only making a quid or just over, so was happy to gambl in the free roll to double this up lol

In the orfie league, i was the second one out after 10 minutes!

I had pocket aces, it was raised to 100 (blinds 10 20), i bet 48o, 2 callers!!

Flop comes down 10 QK, terrible flop for aces.

I then played the hand really bad. My gut instinct was to check it afterit was checked round 2 me. I continued, opponent min raised me!!! I was going to fold, i knew i was never ahead here it screamed of 2 pair.

I thought blah just call you can hit your straight/ board pairs and hopefully have 2 pair, pray they havnt got a full house!

Turn was a 4 or something, total blank. Opponent bet, and i said in the chat box "2 pair?" then i shoved lol the speech play never worked. They snap called with their K 10, i did not improve and was out after 10 minutes lol

The min raise on the flop screemed of strength i knew i was beat, but still went with it.

After getting to bed late last night, was like 2 am or after and was up early for work was pretty tired tonight tbh. Plus the heat didn't help lol

After my 10 minute spectacular in the orrfo deepstack, i knew i didn't have the patience for playing MTTs 2 night.

• edited July 2013
    Hi Larson, I am 100% MTT only player so your diary is a great read.

It is very clear you get very bored quickly playing deepstacks and stack off trying too push players off hands or gamble for a big stack. 

If I could give you one bit of advice is to set yourself goals and live by them when playing. I would first of all aim to cash 1 in 10 and aim to min cash as if playing a sat then change your goals with your ability. At then end of the day most players will say "play to win" but this isn't going to help you yet. You need to play the first 2 hours without getting bored before you can play to win, otherwise you will be shoving button raises from the off set and you wont get anywhere.

I am currently playing low stakes MTT's trying to work on my BR management I will follow you when possible, if you fancy a cashing challenge I will be well up for it! (e.g 1st to cash 10 times in MTT's with over 50 runners?) Just for bragging rights but gives us both a goal! Let me know if interested gl at the tables
  • edited July 2013
    HI L

AA is pretty well the only hand that players take a chance with from the point of view of winning a pot with one pair. They've cost me lots of chips at times because when we get the hand we automatically assume chips are coming our way, don't we? Letting go of it when there is a bad flop and signs from our opponent shows good play but is just so hard to do eh?
    That QQ v 96H was scarey, mad play eh? I'd have been sick too. Seems like you're seeing more in your game though and knowing when you are able to play your A game etc. That's progress m8.
  • edited July 2013
    In Response to Re: 100 MTT Games - Ah got a feeling:
    Hi Larson, I am 100% MTT only player so your diary is a great read. It is very clear you get very bored quickly playing deepstacks and stack off trying too push players off hands or gamble for a big stack.  If I could give you one bit of advice is to set yourself goals and live by them when playing. I would first of all aim to cash 1 in 10 and aim to min cash as if playing a sat then change your goals with your ability. At then end of the day most players will say "play to win" but this isn't going to help you yet. You need to play the first 2 hours without getting bored before you can play to win, otherwise you will be shoving button raises from the off set and you wont get anywhere. I am currently playing low stakes MTT's trying to work on my BR management I will follow you when possible, if you fancy a cashing challenge I will be well up for it! (e.g 1st to cash 10 times in MTT's with over 50 runners?) Just for bragging rights but gives us both a goal! Let me know if interested gl at the tables
    Posted by Batkin88
    Good idea! Let's do it, the Cashing Challenge is on lol

I seen yesterday you've started your diary up again. I only started posting on here about the time you stopped your diary, have only read the first few pages so far, but some very nice results indeed!

My main weakness in MTT's is the middle stages, playing with fewer bigblinds. It's a bit of struggling to adjust from cash where you are usually always 100 bigs deep. I've still to get a book on MTT strategy, but will be getting one soon!

Look forward to the challenge, will be fun and will help me focus lol

Good luck, and look forward to hearing about your progress back on sky

I'm going to play a few MTT's 2 night.

Sometimes i make bad decisions when i know i'm beat, i open shove! lol A leak, that i'll stop doinggoing forward. When i say i know i'm beat i have a strong hand, but know opponents is better. It's pretty obvious when players min raise you/ raise you out of the blue.
  • edited July 2013
    HI L AA is pretty well the only hand that players take a chance with from the point of view of winning a pot with one pair. They've cost me lots of chips at times because when we get the hand we automatically assume chips are coming our way, don't we? Letting go of it when there is a bad flop and signs from our opponent shows good play but is just so hard to do eh? That QQ v 96H was scarey, mad play eh? I'd have been sick too. Seems like you're seeing more in your game though and knowing when you are able to play your A game etc. That's progress m8.
    Posted by profman15
    It used to be a leak, i'd never let go of aces, i've folded aces heeps of times, but last night i still had outs and played on when i should have just folded the flop. People might say calling the flop raise was ok, but it was an easy fold.

I've found with cash or HU games it's easy you can sit down for a short time. Where as with MTTs sometimes i'm fine to play them, but also times when after i've started playing i don't have the patience and do silly things. Weird that it's not till i've sat down i realise.

-------------------------------

This is the aces hand i was talking about. Raise pre some will say is 2 big, but i want to see the flop Heads Up.

When the flop comes down i have position, i think this is a check giving the board texture. I like checking this, that was my gut instinct but felt i better continuation bet.

I suppose i need to really continue here. But looking back i prefer  a check.

When i'm min raised, i think it's quite an easy fold. At worst i'm drawing pretty thin. At best i really need to hit 2 improve, and theres not many safe cards i can hit!
    pompeynic Small blind  10.00 10.00 5205.00
    DTWBANDIT Big blind  20.00 30.00 5135.00
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • A

haggis1960 Raise  100.00 130.00 4750.00
    xFold     
    xCall  100.00 230.00 4695.00
    LARSON7 Raise  480.00 710.00 4285.00
    daggers747 Fold     
    timeforbed Fold     
    pompeynic Fold     
    DTWBANDIT Fold     
    haggis1960 Call  380.00 1090.00 4370.00
    xCall  380.00 1470.00 4315.00
    Flop

• K
    • Q

haggis1960 Check     
    Check     
    LARSON7 Bet  735.00 2205.00 3550.00
    haggis1960 Fold     
    xRaise  1500.00 3705.00 2815.00
    LARSON7 Call  765.00
  • edited July 2013

Played 2 MTTs, 2nite,

1st one was a deepie, i went out early doors,

Exit hand, i had flopped a flush, board paired on the turn, guy donk shoved, i snapped him off. He has trip queens, board paired to give him a full house on the river.

2nd Tournie i played in was a BH, i was doing pretty well/ playing pretty well. I went out 60th of 200. At the time of my exit hand i was average in chips, had i won this hand i was going to be in the top 12-15 with chips.

In the Big Blind, i flop a flush, on the river board pairs, which i thought was a really good card! Opponent had just hut there trip Aces. Of course they could have a FH! I only had a pot sized bet behind, they had hut their FH lol

Not  abad beat, hand played itself really

snellie40 Small blind  150.00 150.00 5710.00
    LARSON7 Big blind  300.00 450.00 6942.50
      Your hole cards
    • Q

bennett042 Fold     
    VickiC Fold     
    BMRJ Fold     
    59 Call  300.00 750.00 16400.00
    snellie40 Fold     
    LARSON7 Check     
    Flop

• J
    • A

LARSON7 Bet  562.50 1312.50 6380.00
    59 Call  562.50 1875.00 15837.50
    Turn

LARSON7 Bet  1406.25 3281.25 4973.75
    59 Call  1406.25 4687.50 14431.25
    River

• A

LARSON7 All-in  4973.75 9661.25 0.00
    59 Call  4973.75 14635.00 9457.50
    LARSON7 Show
    • Q

59 Show
    • A

59 Win Full House, Aces and 9s 14635
  • edited July 2013
    Last hand there is disgusting unlucky.

I cashed a few last night but we wont count them.

We can start the cashing challenge from primo 8 O'clock tonight.

Rules are:

Has to have over 40 runners
    Cannot be a free roll
    Sats are included if over 40 runners
    First to 10?

If we record it in your diary so it is all in one place if you are happy to do so? Just have to copy the cash part from the lobby as evidence. If you do not want it in your diary I am happy to put it in mine just let me know.

If not good luck and remember only tournaments start ing on or after 8pm tonight!

Kalie
  • edited July 2013
    Last hand there is disgusting unlucky. I cashed a few last night but we wont count them. We can start the cashing challenge from primo 8 O'clock tonight. Rules are: Has to have over 40 runners Cannot be a free roll Sats are included if over 40 runners First to 10? If we record it in your diary so it is all in one place if you are happy to do so? Just have to copy the cash part from the lobby as evidence. If you do not want it in your diary I am happy to put it in mine just let me know. If not good luck and remember only tournaments start ing on or after 8pm tonight! Kalie
    Posted by Batkin88
    Lol sounds good Kalie, should keep me focussed and disciplined.

We can just posts results in this thread.

Had a look at the rest of your diary last night, some very impressive results!

How many MTT's do you play a week?

Going out later on, but hopefully will have time for 1 or 2 torunies later on when i'm back in.

Good luck building the bankroll again!
  • edited July 2013

For the next 10 games I'm going to record Buyin's/ profit losses made!

Current banroll is £135.12

I want to say that i'm not going to play cash in this time, but probably will end up doing so at some point.

Since i started this thread i must have made a decent loss from MTT's

Luckily i've done pretty well at cash and HU games, which has kept my bankroll in the green.

Will be quite interesting to see what the out come is at the end of the next 10 games.

The challenge with Kalie should keep me a lot more focussed as well.

For the next 10 games hopefully only  MTT's and HU Turbo games.

• edited July 2013
    Didn't manage to get any MTTs in today.

And am working late tomorrow, so am most likely going 2 miss the community night tomorrow.

Might try and get an MTT in tomorrow morning,
  • edited July 2013
    no 1

bit low but it will do

Finished at 01:10 - 22 JulRegistered126 / 1000Players Left0 / 126159 - £35.222oilyrag - £21.483bbMike - £13.234Tehboomor - £10.655xxMONSTERx - £9.076CUJimmi - £7.817gman9 - £6.498ratcliff06 - £5.239daleharp07 - £4.0310NIGE66 - £4.0311den100 - £3.0912Batkin88 - £3.0913leeds91009 - £2.58
  • edited July 2013

Nice 1 Batkin.

I seen on your thread you were in the main? Are you playing a few satelites?

What's the best startegy for satelites just play tight the whole way?

-------------------------------------------------------

Didn't get in any MTTs yesterday or today.

Really wanting to play one haha Am out at the Celtic game 2 mor night, so won't be able to play any tomorrow, unless i can play one 2mor morning.

Yesterday only played for about an hour, played 2 tables of Cash at 4nl and one 1 quid DYM.

I made a small profit at cash, and bubbled the DYM lol open shoved KJ suited looked up by AQ which held.

No idea how anyone can make money at these, the £1 game the rake is 15%, the higher ones i think are 10%, with the rake it must be a night mare to make profit from these long term, you would need to have a massive win rate.

Played 5 HU Trbo games tonight won 4 lost 1, bankroll £137.58

The next time i play mtt's most likely Wed, i would like to get 3 in for no more than £7.

Going to try and stay focussed, play well and hopefully get a deep run in atleast 2. That's the plan, FT would be sweet too!

Played a pub game tonight for the first time in ages, ended up splitting the money in end, was a good fun night.

• edited July 2013
    number 2 2.30 bh  216 runners
    Finished at 23:47 - 22 JulRegistered216 / 2000Players Left0 / 2161rearender - £76.282G_Unit09 - £45.533hazey64 - £27.154Batkin88 - £21.36
  • edited July 2013
    Nice 1 Batkins! I'll soon catch up haha

How many games have you played since yesterday?
  • edited July 2013

I have played 8/10 games not 100% exact, I tend to play 2 to 3 at a time

• edited July 2013
    You have some record at MTT's i've not done it yet but i'm going to get a book on MTT's prob Winning a MTT one hand at a time, which some1 else suggested.

What would you say was the biggest thing in getting you to the standard you are at with MTTs?

And what would you say was the best thing for me to do to improve at MTTs?
  • edited July 2013
    You have some record at MTT's i've not done it yet but i'm going to get a book on MTT's prob Winning a MTT one hand at a time, which some1 else suggested. What would you say was the biggest thing in getting you to the standard you are at with MTTs? And what would you say was the best thing for me to do to improve at MTTs?
    Posted by LARSON7

Not really into poker books although i do have the volume 2 of this one.

The first volume is from the start of an MTT to the bubble and the 2nd volume from the bubble to taking it down with 3 chapters ( all from very different positions and chipstacks ). Found it pretty interesting though and you,ll certainly pick up 1 or 2 bits of good advice.

As ppl have suggested earlier if you are trying to improve i wouldn,t worry about results ( they will come in time) - but study your play and perfomances. You could play the greatest game you,ve ever played and still lose. 
    As you know variance play a huge part for MTT players and you can,t lose confidence if your on a bad run of results. Just keep trying to improve , which it seems your doing by starting this thread. There seems like a lot of good advice from some good players on here so just take it all in (better than books imo)
    Thats all you can do

GL
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I read a couple of books but to be honest they just helped with overall game not specific to MTT's. What I would say is as most would say but position! I am pretty poor at this myself but every tournament I have taken down or run well in I have had my A game on position. I know it can become boring but opening with 56 suited UTG is not profitable after the first few levels. Play position and never be scared of making mistakes.

So my tips would be:

Position - Don't play out of it unless super strong or isolating a player
    Bet sizing - 3x open the first 2/4 levels then min open don't waste chips
    Aggression - Channel it you cannot win every hand you are in sometimes it's the hands you fold that win you the tournaments.
    Squeeze - Late on punish limpers, squeeze when it feels right. you don't always need the cards to do this but just make sure they can fold out of their stacks.
    Blinds - Don't become attached to them everyone has to pay them

Finally especially after the first 4/5 levels, if a player shows weakness bet/raise
  • edited July 2013
    Yeah I read a couple of books but to be honest they just helped with overall game not specific to MTT's. What I would say is as most would say but position! I am pretty poor at this myself but every tournament I have taken down or run well in I have had my A game on position. I know it can become boring but opening with 56 suited UTG is not profitable after the first few levels. Play position and never be scared of making mistakes. So my tips would be: Position - Don't play out of it unless super strong or isolating a player Bet sizing - 3x open the first 2/4 levels then min open don't waste chips Aggression - Channel it you cannot win every hand you are in sometimes it's the hands you fold that win you the tournaments. Squeeze - Late on punish limpers, squeeze when it feels right. you don't always need the cards to do this but just make sure they can fold out of their stacks. Blinds - Don't become attached to them everyone has to pay them Finally especially after the first 4/5 levels, if a player shows weakness bet/raise
    Posted by Batkin88
    Thanks Mp and Batkin really nice replies.

Going to start getting a whole lot more aggro later on. I'll try giving it a go and see what works when and refine it over time!

Thanks
  • edited July 2013
    number 3 sat for 4k Tuesday turbo bh it was semi started at 6

PlayersPlayers Remaining: 0 / 52https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; width: 160px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Player Namehttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 100% -2380px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; width: 45px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Chipshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; width: 45px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Rankhttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); border-bottom: #97999b 1px solid; background-position: 0px -2325px; color: #6c6c6c; padding-bottom: 2px; text-align: left; padding-top: 2px; padding-left: 7px; margin: 0px; padding-right: 2px; width: 45px; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial" scope="col">Prize    al873killl24033.751£4,000 Turbo B/Hcheren198418732.502£4,000 Turbo B/Hhouston0113379.503£4,000 Turbo B/Hkeith1942117004£4,000 Turbo B/Hally4411438.755£4,000 Turbo B/Hwilliwont64406£4,000 Turbo B/Hdarryn197362357£4,000 Turbo B/HEBBERDON4727.508£4,000 Turbo B/HBatkin8846009£4,000 Turbo B/HJONES84271310£4,000 Turbo B/H
  • edited July 2013
    number 4 this was main mini on Tuesday should of finished higher, only lasted 1 hand on FT

£2k Mini Turbo BHTournament CompleteFinished at 23:12 - 23 JulRegistered527 / 2000Players Left0 / 5271liamboi11 - £329.382grumpy7022 - £184.453u_owe_me - £108.834tallytink - £86.305kyeschips - £72.466Batkin88 - £58.637bootlegman - £45.458baddunn - £32.949baracas120 - £23.7110poppyjue - £17.7911cactusjac - £13.8312Deek10 - £13.83
  • edited July 2013
    Come on Larson, pull your finger out or you're gonna get butchered.

Tbf, you took on an MTT challenge against pretty tough opposition lol.
  • edited July 2013

Tommorrow nights the night lol

Going 2 play atleast 3 MTT's nice and fresh after my 4 day MTT break lol

Gonna try been a lot more aggro in the middle stages, which will take me out of my comfort zone, i know it's what i need to be doing, so will be a bit of trial and error!

Shame there isn't more regular low stake MTTs on here.

• edited July 2013
    Just make sure you pick your spots carefully. Don't just go aggro mental. As much as possible try to make sure that you're in position when you go all aggro on their a$$, and this is stating the obvious and should be done in all hands, but think about what hands they could have, how they connect with the board and if your thoughts tell you it's unlikely they've connected then go for it, but don't just think F*k it, I'm gonna bluff X player in this hand no matter what.
  • edited July 2013

Tonight, 2 mtts never cashed!

Out of a BH tournie early doors.

In the Deepstack, i was down 2 2000 early doors, managed to grind it up to 15k maximum at one point. At 400-800 I had 12k and open shoved over a min raise, other player shoved, original raiser folded.

I had AQ Suited versus Pocket Aces. Out 22/80 plus.

• edited July 2013
    Hi Larson with the AQ hand where you out of position or in position?

Got a coupe more cashes now on 6!!

£1k Double ChanceTournament CompleteFinished at 23:30 - 24 JulRegistered41 / 1000Players Left0 / 411Batkin88 - £3702notman06 - £2203anjie1970 - £1504scotty77 - £1105bar4004 - £806dionysis - £70£300 Gtd RebuyTournament CompleteFinished at 21:07 - 24 JulRegistered65 / 1000Players Left0 / 651kev8 - £902Batkin88 - £603splashies - £364bazwin - £305support81 - £246edward50 - £19.507k1realis23 - £16.508Tsaaaar - £13.509gunney - £10.50
  • edited July 2013
    Well done some very nice results! This is the exit hand OTB
    nuttyboy1 Small blind  400.00 400.00 10560.00
    susie9229 Big blind  800.00 1200.00 14677.50
      Your hole cards
    • A
    • Q

gritpipe Fold     
    TREMAYNE Raise  1600.00 2800.00 38090.00
    LARSON7 All-in  10816.00 13616.00 0.00
    nuttyboy1 Fold     
    susie9229 All-in  14677.50 28293.50 0.00
    TREMAYNE Fold     
    susie9229 Unmatched bet  4661.50 23632.00 4661.50
    susie9229 Show
    • A
    • A

LARSON7 Show
    • A
    • Q

Flop

• A

Turn

River

susie9229 Win Full House, Aces and 10s 23632.
  • edited July 2013
    Super standard ship there, just unlucky to run into a hand that has you completely crushed. Ya can even live with getting it in v KK... at least you're not in THAT bad shape but AA is just like urgh gg.
  • edited July 2013
    Won the orfordable tournie tonight! just glad to get something since I started this, won in style quad 5s haha
    LARSON74750001£81.22
    LARSON7 Small blind  4000.00 4000.00 404686.00
    baggie118 Big blind  8000.00 12000.00 58314.00
      Your hole cards

LARSON7 All-in  404686.00 416686.00 0.00
    baggie118 All-in  58314.00 475000.00 0.00
    LARSON7 Unmatched bet  342372.00 132628.00 342372.00
    LARSON7 Show

baggie118 Show
    • K

Flop

• J

Turn

River

LARSON7 Win Four 5s 132628
  • edited July 2013
    You can't bink an MTT and not even say how much you shipped it for!

Details man!

EDIT: Sigh, you edited your post lol. Nice one.