You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!

Comments

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line:
    Evenin' Tikay, thanks for the reports. Well done Will!  Nearly bacon & eggs time here :)
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    You are most welcome.

Bacon & eggs there, Uncle Ned here!
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks Tikay and sky team great as usual.
    The boy did good to get back to just over his start stack, think thats a good omen
    Keep it going Will
    Tikay, how is his guest doing?
    Regards Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks Tikay and sky team great as usual. The boy did good to get back to just over his start stack, think thats a good omen Keep it going Will Tikay, how is his guest doing? Regards Gary
    Posted by IAMALLIN2
    His Guest, Anthony, plays tomorrow (today), on Day 1c, as does Nutter5932, aka Ben Nuttall.

We are all as pleased as punch. We have a Day Two presence guaranteed, & he's in good shape, with 75 x Big Blinds.

We'd all have settled for that at start of Play today.
  • edited July 2009
    Thanks Tikay
    Great coverage today, go get some well earned sleep all of you, i am looking forward to the rest of the event
    Having seen and heard Will`s play from last years event 75 BB`s is plenty
    Go Will
    Good night
    I`m off to work
    Gary
  • edited July 2009
    Great Reporting Tikay...get your head down mate.

Great fightback from Will clawing back those chips....

Must admit he did have us worried when he started bleeding chips.....

Well done mate and take a breather until day 2

Good luck in your day 1 Nuts!!!
  • edited July 2009
    Morning All,

I've just finished the review of Day 1B which you can read here in my blogs section

Will's done a grand job today and we're 1 from 1 through to Day 2 :-)

It's over to Ben & Anthony tomorrow, I'll be putting up a blog previewing their action around 6pm UK time, where you can wish them well.

Right now it's just turned 1am in Vegas and I'm off to bed!

G'Night
  • edited July 2009
    Tuck Tikay in while your at it Adam.....

The silly ol' duffer's still wandering around the forum if I know him!

G'night!
  • FBSFBS
    edited July 2009
    Thnaks for the updates Tikayy .. good job

Well done on making day 2 Will .. GREAT JOB,

Good luck to the rest of the team, hope there are more success stories to come
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Guys
    Well done Will, as you know you cant win it on the first day, so dont be down at the amount of chips you take into day two, you have the ability to turn this around.
    Keep it going lad.
    Good luck to the others

col
  • edited July 2009
    good luck Will hope you do really well and enjoy. liam.
  • edited July 2009
    gl will do it 4 sky kid
  • edited July 2009
    Good luck will. Played him many times on the cash tables and is a solid player. He also comes across as a geniune nice fella. Hope he goes deep.
  • edited July 2009
    gl will and the other players from sky

and wd adam and TiKay on keeping us updated
  • edited July 2009

Hi Guys
    Let me be the first to to wish Will all the best for todays play.
    Go get em m8.
    col

• edited July 2009

Thanks Colin.

OK, let's do the Will Brewin Day 2a TimeLine on here.

Play has commenced, & they play FIVE Levels today.

We interviewed him this morning, he's settled, comfy, & confident, & I then talked to him at Table, ditto ditto.

• edited July 2009

This appears to be his Opening Table. If you know anything about any of these Players, tell us! We won't tell Will. Or we might.....
    108 Brewin, Will Bristol United Kingdom 30,875 B13 6
    109 Ferreira, Joao Porto Portugal 62,025 B13 2
    110 Finn, Chris Phoenix AZ 10,200 B13 7
    111 Gregorich, Mark Las Vegas NV 36,450 B13 1
    112 Hopkins, Craig Chesterfield United Kingdom 118,850 B13 8
    113 Miller, Cole Auburn CA 39,075 B13 4
    114 Rahme, Ray   South Africa 52,125 B13 9
    115 Stark, Karl Lund Sweden 23,375 B13 5
    116 Watson, Andrew Tulsa OK 33,450 B13 3
  • edited July 2009
    Best of luck Will. If anyone beats you just go mental and shout "Idiot from <insert location>, calling with <insert winning hand>" - works for someone :-)

• edited July 2009
    This appears to be his Opening Table. If you know anything about any of these Players, tell us! We won't tell Will. Or we might..... 108 Brewin, Will Bristol United Kingdom 30,875 B13 6 109 Ferreira, Joao Porto Portugal 62,025 B13 2 110 Finn, Chris Phoenix AZ 10,200 B13 7 111 Gregorich, Mark Las Vegas NV 36,450 B13 1 112 Hopkins, Craig Chesterfield United Kingdom 118,850 B13 8 113 Miller, Cole Auburn CA 39,075 B13 4 114 Rahme, Ray   South Africa 52,125 B13 9 115 Stark, Karl Lund Sweden 23,375 B13 5 116 Watson, Andrew Tulsa OK 33,450 B13 3
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tony
    The one that stands out is Raymond Rahme, fianl tabled when Jerry Yang won it(Ithink he came 3rd)

col
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line : Hi Tony The one that stands out is Raymond Rahme, fianl tabled when Jerry Yang won it(Ithink he came 3rd) col
    Posted by mr_mbro
    Hi Col, yep thats correct,

Ray Rahme, the 2007 WSOP Main Event 3rd and Craig Hopkins the Chip Daddy and poker pro both have position on our Will - it's going to be a long day!
  • edited July 2009

90 minutes into the first Level of the day.

VERY comfortable at his Table. It will take a "big on big" to bust him, I fancy.

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line : Hi Col, yep thats correct, Ray Rahme, the 2007 WSOP Main Event 3rd and Craig Hopkins the Chip Daddy and poker pro both have position on our Will - it's going to be a long day!
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Hopkins cashed 5th in the stars Caribbean Adventure in 2008 for $450,000 (!)
  • edited July 2009

Good Luck Will, I have every faith that you can mix it with the big boys and out play them! Get it won imo:)

• edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line : Hopkins cashed 5th in the stars Caribbean Adventure in 2008 for $450,000 (!)
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    I reckon Hopkins is looking across at Will and thinking "Oh no, I've been drawn against the guy who came 118th last year in the main event of the WSOP" !
  • edited July 2009

End of today's first Level.

• edited July 2009
    Gl Will, I have never played you since you are way above my level of play, but i wish you all the best and hope the poker gods are smiling down apon you.
  • edited July 2009
    End of today's first Level. 33,400
    Posted by Tikay10
    good steady start
  • edited July 2009
    "So often,  time it happens, we live our lives in chains and we  never even new we had the key " !!

You have the 'Key'   Will !! ...............................glk

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

(Extract from soon to be released article   'bennydip2 is unwell' ) ??       glk Will
  • edited July 2009

Best of luck Will, hope the poker gods are behind you today.

• edited July 2009

End of Level 6, which is the 2nd Level played today.

He's on a very aggro Table, & "spots" are far & few between, so it's a waiting game right now, & that won't phase him - any half-decent player has to be able to wait out the thin spells, the card-droughts, & Will has that ability. Very few players have sufficient patience, in any Tourney, but you have to be especially patient with this structure. And you can afford to be, the Structure is gorgeous.

• edited July 2009
    What are his ambitions for today tikay?  Will getting through be enough or has Will set himself a chip target?  Is the atmosphere any different at the Rio now that the day one circus is behind us?