You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY THREE!

Comments

• edited July 2009

I'll reply to Sky Des after this.

15 minutes into Level 7 (the Third of 5 Levels today), Blinds are 300/600/75.

Will has.....

So he has something like 65 x BB, excluding RA's.

He is perfectly at ease, on a Table with a lot of Class players, & several Deep-Stacked aggro-players.

It's the perfect Table for him, imo.

I'm very confident that he could go a long way yet.

The next Level is 40/800/75, & they finish today on 500/1,000/RA?.

So if he maintained his stack at present Levels, he'd STILL be in good shape at end of today's play.

I'm loving how he is playing this.
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY TWO!:
    What are his ambitions for today tikay?  Will getting through be enough or has Will set himself a chip target?  Is the atmosphere any different at the Rio now that the day one circus is behind us?
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Much of that is covered in the pre-play Interview I did with him this morning, which is already Uploaded on the Site - but I don't have the Link to hand. ;)

He has not set a target as such, as he does not wish to place himself under un-necessary pressure right now, & does not need to.

But equally, he is not keen to limit his ambitions to "just getting through", he plans to try & elevate his Stack so that, come Day Three, he has some reserves of ammo to go to war with. The trick is waiting for the right spot to play a really big Pot.

The atmo today? It's really cranked up quite a few notches. It's absolutely wonderful, & for the first time, I'm insanely jealous, & would love to be playing this.

The Day One "circus" thing is mostly gone, though we still have a small quotient of Daft Hats & suchlike, (Billy The Croc for example) but it's definitely more focussed, & less razzmatazzy today, there's a sort of hush, with just the sound of (1,500 x 30,000) 45 million (?) chips being riffled.

Heaven! 
  • edited July 2009
    Great stuff tikay....really hope he can keep it all up on the tightrope.

The videos were great, particularly liked this beauty!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbKZSH1CG4&feature=player_embedded
  • edited July 2009
    Great stuff tikay....really hope he can keep it all up on the tightrope. The videos were great, particularly liked this beauty! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbKZSH1CG4&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by Sky_Des
    Sigh, Kids, eh, they think they can knock us mature folks about. There's plenty of life in this old dog yet.
  • edited July 2009
    I hope Mother Hen has your insurance sorted :)
  • edited July 2009
    I hope Mother Hen has your insurance sorted :)
    Posted by Sky_Des
    QFT - you are sooooo in trouble!

It was, in fact, Miss Hen's idea. And we don't like to upset Miss Hen, do we?

• edited July 2009
    Great stuff tikay....really hope he can keep it all up on the tightrope. The videos were great, particularly liked this beauty! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbKZSH1CG4&feature=player_embedded
    Posted by Sky_Des

OMG- that's the funniest thing I've seen in ages!

I urge you all to take a look-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xpbKZSH1CG4&feature=player_embedded
  • edited July 2009
    In Response to Re: WSOP - The Will Brewin Time-Line - DAY TWO! : Much of that is covered in the pre-play Interview I did with him this morning, which is already Uploaded on the Site - but I don't have the Link to hand. ;) He has not set a target as such, as he does not wish to place himself under un-necessary pressure right now, & does not need to. But equally, he is not keen to limit his ambitions to "just getting through", he plans to try & elevate his Stack so that, come Day Three, he has some reserves of ammo to go to war with. The trick is waiting for the right spot to play a really big Pot. The atmo today? It's really cranked up quite a few notches. It's absolutely wonderful, & for the first time, I'm insanely jealous, & would love to be playing this. The Day One "circus" thing is mostly gone, though we still have a small quotient of Daft Hats & suchlike, (Billy The Croc for example) but it's definitely more focussed, & less razzmatazzy today, there's a sort of hush, with just the sound of (1,500 x 30,000) 45 million (?) chips being riffled. Heaven! 
    Posted by Tikay10
    And so it proved.......

BIG Pot, coming right up.....
  • edited July 2009

There was a lot of Pre-Flop Raise-age, Will had Q-Q, & Villain had A-K.

The Pot was (I'm not sure how, as Will "only" had 39k last time I looked) 91,000.
  • edited July 2009

With 30 minutes to the Dinner Break, Will now has....

Game on!
  • edited July 2009
    How much do the other players at Will's table have?

Is he big, small or about the same as them?
  • edited July 2009
    How much do the other players at Will's table have? Is he big, small or about the same as them?
    Posted by Kevilfish
    I'm not sure yet Kev, but I'll go take a look now & report back.

There was one Very Big Stack on his Table earlier, but with the average - very roughly - at about 50,000, I doubt if many players at his Table have him covered.
  • edited July 2009

Kev,

There are two other Big Stacks, Craig "Apple" Hopkins, the Brit lad who ran very deep in the PC for a 6 figure cash, & Rahme, who WSOP ME Finalled 2 years ago.

I never realised I knew Craig, but he just approached me & I do as it happens.

Will is now having a re-think of his strategy, while he has Dinner, with Anthony, (his Guest who ran up a big stack on Day 1c, ), & Adam.

After the Coup, Will pretty much sat-out until the Dinner-Break, which was only 15 minutes away, while he "settled down", & tried to re-evaluate what he does now. Old head on young shoulders there.

The play of the Hand was a bit of a shocker, too - details coming right up.
  • edited July 2009

So, THAT hand.

There was a series of Raises & Re-Raises pre, & Will decided to eventually Jam - he was pretty certain villain would fold, Will was not looking for a race at this stage, but thought his hand was good, & he could get Villain to let go. I think Villain had Re-R'd to 11k when Will decided to jam.

Bit of a shock when he Called, which Will did not like one bit.

He liked the K on the Flop even less, goodnight Will, the dreams over, short of hitting his 2-outer on Turn or River.

But the capacity of the Poker Gods to surprise is extraordinary, & it 4-Flushed on the River...... Rigged, obviously. ;)

Dinner will taste VERY good.

After Dinner (90 minutes break), there are 2 more Levels to play. I don't know how many players remain, but I suspect the Average is around 50,000.
  • edited July 2009

A very good thing he is working a strategy, it's a long tournament so you have to figure out when it's best to change gears etc. I hope he continues on the up and good luck to him!

• edited July 2009

BLESSED...Well done Will keep up the good work....GB.

• edited July 2009

30 minutes into the penultimate Level of the day, (400/800/100).

• edited July 2009

I hour into penultimate Level of Day.....

• edited July 2009

We are 30 minutes from the End of Level 8, 400/800/100.

The last Level of the Day will be Level 9, 500/1,000/100.

Totally settled, just enjoying the moment. And so he should.
  • edited July 2009

With barely minutes to go before the end of Level 8, there is MAJOR ACTION!

Will gets involved, Raising up with J-J, & finds a customer.

The Flop comes 9 high.

Villain now MOVES ALL-IN for about 60,000 more.

Will takes a deep breath, goes into the tank, but eventually says "I CALL".

Yikes......
  • edited July 2009

Villain shows 5-5!

So, with a 9-3-4 Flop, Villain is drawing to just 2 outs. As good as it gets.

Turn is an A, so the Board is now....

9-3-4-A.

Uh-oh - Villain has picked up a gutshot straight draw, & has 4 extra outs.

Will could barely look, barely breathe, but the River blanked out. Phew!

That is some brave Call!

I'm not sure I can make that Call, with my WSOP at stake, as it only leaves 18,000 if we get it wrong.

But he got it right.

Oioioioi!
  • edited July 2009
  • edited July 2009

10.33pm Vegas, 06.33am UK.

The Final Level of the day has just begun, & will end at just before 00.30am Vegas, 08.30am UK. (They stop slightly short of 2 hours & play "last 3 hands" to ensure no monkey business by dawdlers).

Blinds are 500/1,000/100.

We spoke at the Break, & I think Will might shut up shop for the day, but he does have his eye on a new player at the Table who has a decent stack.

There are two big stacks on Will's Table, so I guess he'll swerve them at this juncture.

Yikes.
  • edited July 2009
    10.33pm Vegas, 06.33am UK. The Final Level of the day has just begun, & will end at just before 00.30am Vegas, 08.30am UK. (They stop slightly short of 2 hours & play "last 3 hands" to ensure no monkey business by dawdlers). Blinds are 500/1,000/100. We spoke at the Break, & I think Will might shut up shop for the day, but he does have his eye on a new player at the Table who has a decent stack. There are two big stacks on Will's Table, so I guess he'll swerve them at this juncture. Yikes.
    Posted by Tikay10
    Morning Tony
    just got up and checked the thread. To put 100000k onto his stack today is a great effort, very well done Will.
    col
  • edited July 2009

Morning - err - Evening - Col.

He's had a good day so far, eh?
  • edited July 2009
    Morning - err - Evening - Col. He's had a good day so far, eh?
    Posted by Tikay10
    Very good mate.
    Just watched your epic battle with James.
    Your an animal, but James is a complete wuss lol.
    col
  • edited July 2009
    well done will keep it up, good reports tkay . i think the 118th possy from last year will be smashed this time around. all the best will
  • edited July 2009
    C'mon Will. Move over Phil Ivey, there's a Brit on the way!
  • edited July 2009

Keep those messages coming guys, it DOES help, Team Spirit is all.

90 minutes from close of play.

"I've not played a single hand this Level" says our Man.

Music to my ears, that.

PS - "James is a complete wuss". That I like.

PPS - Gotta go, I'm behind with the Blogs. 1 nearly ready, another will be right behind.
  • edited July 2009
    Hi Tony,
    keep the reports coming mate.
    I'm off to work , i look forward to reading the forum and blogs later
    Please pass my congratulations onto Will, good job man, and i wish Marco all the best tomorrow

col