You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 Thread...April 2014... current b/r £74.03 (from £20 deposit)

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...January 2014... current b/r £79.26 target £200:
    Friday 31/1/14 2xnl4 L £9.42  br £69.84   £3.76 pts to come bad result tonight but played ok tbh. horrible run of the cards. not going to bore you with details, you all know the score. shame it's come on last day of the month. anyway, good result overall I think gone from £8.85 to £69.84  which is a profit of £60.99 I make it for January. more of the same next month would be nice. shown good discipline I think. only played 3 tables maybe once or twice all month. it's going to take probably another 2 months I would think to reach my £200 target, especially playing 2 tables most of the time, but as I'm in no hurry to get there,  it doesn't really matter too much. anyway, bed time... feeling a bit 'cream crackered  :) night all dev'
    Posted by devonfish5
    Excellant results Dev wp 
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...January 2014... current b/r £69.84 target £200:
    Great month Dev Well batted sir
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Paul,
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...January 2014... current b/r £69.84 target £200:
    Nice going Dev - Still as consistent as ever
    Posted by MP33
    Thanks Paul
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...January 2014... current b/r £79.26 target £200:
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...January 2014... current b/r £79.26 target £200 : Excellant results Dev wp 
    Posted by spinky6108
    Thanks spinky
  • edited February 2014
    got to be happy with how the month has went. bet if you were told at the start this would be where your at now you'd have snapped their hand off.

keep it going through feb. good luck
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £69.84 target £200:
    got to be happy with how the month has went. bet if you were told at the start this would be where your at now you'd have snapped their hand off. keep it going through feb. good luck
    Posted by TINTIN
    Thanks tintin,

yeah, deffo. it's better than I thought as all my cash efforts previously have pretty much only been break- even or worse.
    have to take into account I'm only playing 1-2 tables too.
    not sure if/when i'll add more tables, as that's when I seem to lose rather than win, so might just have to be patient and get there slowly this time.
    anyway mate, don't think i'll ever get to your level, but i'll take any scraps I can get... I'm not fussy  :)
    be lucky
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Saturday  1/2/14

2xnl4

W £1.35  br £71.19

played solid. would have been £5 better off if my aipf KK v A5 suited, held up . hit A on river.
    never mind, I played the hand well, so no worries.
  • edited February 2014

Sunday  2/2/14

2xnl4  L £5.41  br £65.78

another losing session. played ok I think, seem to be losing a few big hands atm, which is hurting. lost with trip AAA to fl on river for £7 odd. another  £4 with KK v 45 flop came 367, :(
    still I feel I'm playing good aggressive poker atm, so no worries, I know things will change around again, well I hope so anyway.  :)
    I've had a good run so far, so no complaints.
    got to go to work now...'till it starts raining  he he.
    anyway... laters
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Monday  3/2/14

just found out that I've been picked to play in this months totp tournament, (tomorrow @ 9pm) HOOORAY

many thanks to everyone that nominated me, I won't name names just in case I forget anyone, it's very much appreciated.

see you tomorrow guys 9pm don't be late :)
    gl to all.
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Monday  3/2/14

2xnl4  W £5.70  br £71.48

short session, nice to get win and moving forwards again.
    back tomorrow
  • edited February 2014
    Tueday  4/2/14

7pm freeroll out 1st hand aipf 10 10 v ax  ace hits obviously

TOTP FREEROLL  3rd  W £25.00    br  £96.48

3rd again.. for the 3rd time running  lol (consistent)
    nice cash, craigcu12 & Mrburns4 both away, which was a shame for them.
    anyway, nice nights work, so thanks again to Sky for picking me and to everyone that nominated me.
  • edited February 2014
    Excellent news though! A nice significant boost to your BR! Use it wisely my friend.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £96.48 target £200 (TOTP there we go, no surprise...3rd again :):
    Excellent news though! A nice significant boost to your BR! Use it wisely my friend.
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Thanks Craig,
                        yeah, it was a shame for the 2 players not playing, maybe they had good reasons. anyway once I had 3rd place locked up, I went aipf with 55 coxy called me with k8 I think, and hit his 8.
    still as you say it's a nice br boost so got to be happy haven't I.

run good mate,
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Wednesday  5/2/14

2xnl4  W £0.71  br £97.19

off work... rain stopped play.
    short session,
    back laters to try and get the £100 up which is my next mini-target... 1/2 way  hooray.
    gl all
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Wednesday  5/2/14

received my points money  £4.09    br £101.28

hooray, 1/2 way there.  (* *)
                                          ^
  • edited February 2014
    well done m8
    congrats
    keep it going
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £101.28 target £200 1/2 way there!!!:
    well done m8 congrats keep it going
    Posted by walesboy
    Thanks mate, will do, hard part's done... down hill all the way now  he he
  • edited February 2014

Wednesday  5/2/14

2xnl4  W £3.20  br £104.48

nice little win, happy with how it's going atm. sure to have another rocky spell sometime, but will face that when it comes.
    really used to playing just the 2 tables now, which is a step forward from last year.
    not sure about adding any more, problem being I never know when to stop  he he.
    back tomorrow no doubt,
    night
    dev
  • edited February 2014
    Hi Devon

Really well done. This is why I only play 2 or 3 tables I think my win rate really improves as I can make notes on new players and concentrate more. I think this has turned my poker right round in the last 4 months.

Once you hit the £200 are you going to move to 10nl. Would you play the capped ones.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £101.28 target £200 1/2 way there!!!:
    Hi Devon Really well done. This is why I only play 2 or 3 tables I think my win rate really improves as I can make notes on new players and concentrate more. I think this has turned my poker right round in the last 4 months. Once you hit the £200 are you going to move to 10nl. Would you play the capped ones.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Thanks Stuart,
                         yeah, deffo agree with you about playing less tables being better for making notes.
    yeah my plan is to move up to nl10 at £200. i'll play 1 table and give myself just the 1 buy-in to play with, so i'll either finish at £190 or better.  he he.
    if I drop to £190 i'll play nl4 again and rebuild and repeat.
    already had a couple of sessions playing the capped tables mate, think I won both times, but I know it's a little more risky than nl4 so I quit while ahead  :)
    didn't find them too bad tbh, but easy to say that when you've won, isn't it.
    Have you played the capped ones?
    be lucky,
    dev

• edited February 2014
    WD Dev getting past the £100 mark.
    Personally i,d play more than 1 table when you decide to move up but thats just personal preference although i have to admit when i play MTT,s if i get to an FT i won,t load up anymore games and try and concentrate fully on that one when any other games have finished

GL with the next milestone in your diary

P
  • edited February 2014
    Hardly play cash but over the last couple of weeks I have been trying it out. Mainly playing 10nl capped and I am up a few quid, only play them for a little change to DYMs to break it up.
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £104.48 target £200:
    WD Dev getting past the £100 mark. Personally i,d play more than 1 table when you decide to move up but thats just personal preference although i have to admit when i play MTT,s if i get to an FT i won,t load up anymore games and try and concentrate fully on that one when any other games have finished GL with the next milestone in your diary P
    Posted by MP33
    Thanks Paul,
                       yes mate, i'll start off playing 1 table, as I did at nl4, then if I win a few buy-ins around 5, i'll add the 2nd.

You know me though Paul, can't see me playing 2 forever. he he.
    I've even taken away my second monitor today as it's no longer needed... now that's progress :)
    cheers mate, be lucky,
    dev
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £104.48 target £200:
    Hardly play cash but over the last couple of weeks I have been trying it out. Mainly playing 10nl capped and I am up a few quid, only play them for a little change to DYMs to break it up.
    Posted by stuarty117
    well done on being in profit mate, that's an achievement in itself, as the 2 games are like 'chalk & cheese'
    are you enjoying it, or finding it a bit of a struggle?
    I found it really hard last year, when I first started playing nl10, and if I'm honest, didn't really enjoy it at all.
    I guess moving away from your comfort zone and suddenly finding yourself not winning anymore, came as a bit of a shock to the system, maybe., for me anyway I mean.
    I'm totally hooked on playing cash now though, and starting off at the bottom, with no bankroll is a real challenge for me.
    I wonder if you will make the change too :)
    DYM's are good, don't get me wrong, and much money can be made playing them, as I'm sure you know, but they are hard work, or at least that's how I found it to be in the end. playing up to 18 tables day in day out did take it's toll, and I was pretty much burnt out by the end.
    now playing 2 tables is so much more comfortable. ok I'm only winning small bucks atm, but imagine if I was playing 2xnl100 one day... anything is possible you know.. ok well almost anything is possible :)
    just look at how well Lambert180 is doing now... a great example for all of us.

best wishes mate, whichever game you are playing,
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Thursday  6/2/14

2xnl4  W £2.79   br £107.27

another win so happy days again,
    laters
     dev
  • edited February 2014

Friday  7/2/14

2xnl4   L £0.08   br £107.19

only intended a short session... 7&1/2 hrs later, after being down all night, find myself 8p down, what a result :)
    still racking up the old points, now on 164  he he.

bed time,
    night, dev
  • edited February 2014
    lol . Just 7 and a half hours. I,ve done it myself a few times. Got in last week and sat down to play an hour . Hardly moved for 6 hours . Easily done  (played on there myself tonight. There were a few tilters about - probably had something to with it being Friday night)
  • edited February 2014

Sunday 9/2/14
                           £2000 freeroll  no cash

Monday 10/2/14  day off

Tuesday  11/2/14

7pm freeroll  no cash

2xnl4  W £4.96   br £115.07   pts £1.50 to come

another w so happy days. played solid no big dramas... just how I like it :)
    playing h/u 1st round tomorrow night, so looking forward to that 1, never played proper h/u game before, so should be interesting  :)
    night
    dev
  • edited February 2014

Wednesday   13/2/14

7pm freeroll  W £1.91

h/up  1st round  W 3-1     W £1.80

br £118.78

had a good h/u match v tom281189. each game could have gone either way tbh, so the score line is a little flattering.
    very nice guy, and good banter throughout.

early night, back on the cash trail tomorrow,
    night all,
    dev
  • edited February 2014
    Good steady progress. Always nice. Well done.