You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

NL4 Thread...April 2014... current b/r £74.03 (from £20 deposit)

12346»

Comments

• edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £118.78 target £200:
    Good steady progress. Always nice. Well done. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    cheers Craig
  • edited February 2014

Thursday 13/2/14  day off

Friday 14/2/14  day off

Saturday  15/2/14

2xnl4  W £0.35  br £119.13   pts £2.53 to come

just the 13&1/2 hours straight today.
    down all day until the last 1/2 hour.
    wasn't going to let this session go without giving it my best shot :)
    felt like the world was against me today, sure you've all been there.
    anyway, better get some sleep now I guess,
    laters,
    dev
  • edited February 2014
    Going along nice devon mate

Its ok to book a loss sometimes though so you shouldnt feel as if you have to keep playing for hours on end just to make it a winning session because the tiredness could result in things getting alot worse.

Good luck

Kev
  • edited February 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £119.13 target £200:
    Going along nice devon mate Its ok to book a loss sometimes though so you shouldnt feel as if you have to keep playing for hours on end just to make it a winning session because the tiredness could result in things getting alot worse. Good luck Kev
    Posted by Diminuendo
    Thanks Kev,
                      yeah I should have stopped much sooner but as I hadn't played for 2 days I felt really fresh, and you know what it's like sometimes when you go down, it then becomes a challenge to win it back he he.
    I'm sure I wouldn't have played anywhere near as long if I had been winning.
    turned out ok though, and if anything I think my game improved as the session went on, which is a surprise. :)
    found I got even more aggressive and luckily won a few nice hands towards the end, which did the trick.
    hope I can continue playing that way in my next session. i'll let you know.  he he.

anyway, a 35p win looks a lot better than a £5-£10 losing session, which looked likely all day.
    I went through all the emotions yesterday, mostly bad, but somehow got through it.(it was a real test of character as much as anything,)even if I had lost £15-£20 it wouldn't have mattered, as I know I gave it my all.
    and that's the great thing about building up a bankroll from nothing, you are playing with 'free money'
    so it's never as bad as you think when you lose, I just look at 'the big picture' and everything is fine.  :)

• edited February 2014
    Whats happened to this diary, devonfish? Hope you havent exploded, played a 50nl MC and lost the lot?! SOmething I would do anyway!!
  • edited March 2014
    No updates for a while

Hope your well dev mate
  • edited April 2014
    ha ha Craig

Hi Daz, i'm ok mate, thanks for asking... was just about to send you a PM as it goes...

Needed some time off as I simply wasn't enjoying it, sure most of you have been there.
    so what happened was...

Sunday 15/2/14 lost £18  nightmare session,nl4,  got AK allin on turn v k8 on kxx x board 8 on river ... £7.50 hand

AK V AQ AIPF QXX X X  £8  hand  usual cr*p... which was the final straw, to say i wasn't happy is an understatement, how the idiots can play such rubbish is beyond me, let alone win with it, is just laughable sometimes.

so withdrew the lot £101,  so not bad from £8 odd start, and haven't been here since.

then the other day..

had e-mail from Sky saying if i deposit £10 i get £20 free so just done that
    also found on my return i had £3.30 in my account from somewhere... maybe a Skybet darts bet came in, not sure,

anyway now have £33.30 in my account... so what do i do?

continue playing nl4 and hopefully rebuild? and continue with my original plan... to move up to nl10 at £200 b/r?
    go back to DYM's where i'm most comfortable, and build b/r?

I'm really not sure what to do... i'm only here because of the £20 bonus really, not because i desperately want to play or need the money.

any suggestions would be most welcome.

don't suppose much has changed in a month and a half, has it?

ps; Sorry Paul (Lambert180), for not playing 2nd rd H/U game, i do oppologise for that.

all for now folks,
    hope you guys are all well and winning loads,
    best wishes,
    dev

• edited April 2014
    Hi Dev
    Welcome back

I've been playing PLO8 DYM's for a while now as i was getting stale at the Holdem ones.
    Give it a go its a great game.

Oh and TK plays so there's some value !

Gl fella
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £33.30:
    Hi Dev Welcome back I've been playing PLO8 DYM's for a while now as i was getting stale at the Holdem ones. Give it a go its a great game. Oh and TK plays so there's some value ! Gl fella
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick,
    no idea how to play plo8 m8, i'd have to watch & learn from scratch... no point watching TK then  he he
    glad u r enjoying it though m8.
    be lucky
    dev

• edited April 2014
    Hi Devonfish, good to see you back!
    I've started a little April challenge, you are very welcome to join me!
    I started a thread about it - I have £50 and trying to make 50PP as many days as I can in April for the ipad promo (and make a profit hopefully!). Could be fun?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £33.30:
    Hi Devonfish, good to see you back! I've started a little April challenge, you are very welcome to join me! I started a thread about it - I have £50 and trying to make 50PP as many days as I can in April for the ipad promo (and make a profit hopefully!). Could be fun?
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thanks mate,
    I'll leave you to win the ipad, i can only just spell it, no chance of working out how to use one!!!
    best of luck
    dev
  • edited April 2014
    Wed 2/4/14

1xnl4 10 mins W £0.20  b/r £33.50

had to stop to go to work...

1xnl4  5 mins W £0.84   b/r £34.34

• edited April 2014
    HI Dev go back to DYMs your a legend at them NL4 difficult long term so many bad beats does my head in. Im  playing DYMs at the moment trying to get a grip with £5 DYMs had plenty succes at £3 but £5 is much harder for me.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £34.34:
    HI Dev go back to DYMs your a legend at them NL4 difficult long term so many bad beats does my head in. Im  playing DYMs at the moment trying to get a grip with £5 DYMs had plenty succes at £3 but £5 is much harder for me.
    Posted by spinky6108
    Hi spinky,
    thanks mate, yeah it's so tempting to go back there, but they are 'hard work' aren't they.
    if it was 'all about the money' i would for sure.
    yeah know what you mean about those bad beats mate, but i guess it's all part of poker. i just find them easier to handle playing DYM's as i'm straight on to the next game and hardly give it any thought now, whereas cash it can effect my whole night, sometimes.

i found the £5's harder and in the end, decided to just play the £3's.
    i think you have to decide what you want from DYM's, easy money now, (which i went with :)
    or stick with the £5's and maybe move up to the £11's and above in time?
    look how well jac35's doing now.
    think the £5's the players are better so you need new strategies, maybe? and make a few changes from how you were/are playing the £3's, just my quick thoughts right now.
    maybe more notes on players too,(and play less tables,) which i found i didn't need at the £3's, i knew all the good regs and how they played, so didn't need them.
    i would stick to the £5's if possible, as long as you are coming out level or better, as i'm sure 'long term' it will pay off for you.
    good luck with it, keep us posted how you're doing.
    dev
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £34.34 : Hi spinky, thanks mate, yeah it's so tempting to go back there, but they are 'hard work' aren't they. if it was 'all about the money' i would for sure. yeah know what you mean about those bad beats mate, but i guess it's all part of poker. i just find them easier to handle playing DYM's as i'm straight on to the next game and hardly give it any thought now, whereas cash it can effect my whole night, sometimes. i found the £5's harder and in the end, decided to just play the £3's. i think you have to decide what you want from DYM's, easy money now, (which i went with :) or stick with the £5's and maybe move up to the £11's and above in time? look how well jac35's doing now. think the £5's the players are better so you need new strategies, maybe? and make a few changes from how you were/are playing the £3's, just my quick thoughts right now. maybe more notes on players too,(and play less tables,) which i found i didn't need at the £3's, i knew all the good regs and how they played, so didn't need them. i would stick to the £5's if possible, as long as you are coming out level or better, as i'm sure 'long term' it will pay off for you. good luck with it, keep us posted how you're doing. dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    TBH, £5 isnt tougher then £3, i dont even think £20 games are much tougher. i think a lot of it might be to do with you being a bit more scared because your subconciously aware your playing with more money, or aware if you lose this flip your losing £5 instead of £3 so that maybe effects your play and doesnt allow you to be as free with your play.

You seem like you got a good record on dym, so maybe its worth giving it another go? maybe to keep you motivated and not see it as "hard work" you should up your stakes, and just play the 1 table a time?

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £34.34 : TBH, £5 isnt tougher then £3, i dont even think £20 games are much tougher. i think a lot of it might be to do with you being a bit more scared because your subconciously aware your playing with more money, or aware if you lose this flip your losing £5 instead of £3 so that maybe effects your play and doesnt allow you to be as free with your play. You seem like you got a good record on dym, so maybe its worth giving it another go? maybe to keep you motivated and not see it as "hard work" you should up your stakes, and just play the 1 table a time?
    Posted by alex1229
    Really good post from Alex. 
    Ian

we've chatted before about this. There isn't much difference at all between the £3's and the £5's. It's just a mental thing for you I believe. 
    Don't really get the hard work thing. Personally I would find the low stake cash harder work. You know that you beat the Dyms comfortably. Why not play them? 

If you really want to continue with the cash then why not mix it up a bit? To keep your bankroll healthy you could play DYM's one day and cash next time you play.  Wouldn't advise playing both simultaneously. 

Good luck as always mate
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £34.34 : TBH, £5 isnt tougher then £3, i dont even think £20 games are much tougher. i think a lot of it might be to do with you being a bit more scared because your subconciously aware your playing with more money, or aware if you lose this flip your losing £5 instead of £3 so that maybe effects your play and doesnt allow you to be as free with your play. You seem like you got a good record on dym, so maybe its worth giving it another go? maybe to keep you motivated and not see it as "hard work" you should up your stakes, and just play the 1 table a time?
    Posted by alex1229
    Cheers Alex,

i did give the £5's a good go and found them harder than the £3's to beat, that's not to say i wouldn't/couldn't win playing them over a longer time frame, ie; a few months of continuos play.
    i must have played several hundred of them and came out around level, money wise.
    the £3's gave me a descent return, so i opted to just play them in the end.
    yes, the swings are bigger for sure, so you do need a good b/r.
    i tried playing them exactly the same as the £3's in the end. yes, i did think about the money for sure to start with, but as my b/r got bigger, i don't believe that was a factor in the end.
    i did try the £11's one night and lost 7/8 i think it was, so that was the end of that. :)
    i'm sure Jac is right that it became a mental issue in the end, too.
    i've only got a b/r of £34 atm , so am limited with what stakes i play, wouldn't want to go any higher than £3
    but i get what you are saying about playing just 1 table at a higher level, maybe one day. :)

anyway Alex, thank you for your post.
    i seem to be getting an idea of what to do, and where i'm going to go with my poker this year.
    dev

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...February 2014... current b/r £34.34 : Really good post from Alex.  .. Ian we've chatted before about this. There isn't much difference at all between the £3's and the £5's. It's just a mental thing for you I believe.  Don't really get the hard work thing. Personally I would find the low stake cash harder work. You know that you beat the Dyms comfortably. Why not play them?  If you really want to continue with the cash then why not mix it up a bit? To keep your bankroll healthy you could play DYM's one day and cash next time you play.  Wouldn't advise playing both simultaneously.  Good luck as always mate
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Paul,
    yes, i'm sure you are right, it did become a big mental battle in the end mate, so i stayed in my 'comfort zone'
    and that was that.
    being hard work, i'm reffering to the number of tables i played in comparison to cash.
    trust me 15/18 is harder than 1 or 2.  he he
    i would like to continue playing cash, that's been my target since the start of last year. if i was to stop now i think that would be accepting defeat, and all the hard work would have been for nothing.
    however, there might well come a time when enough is enough i guess.
    i might just have a look over DYM way though, and play a few just to see how we go...
    can't see me loading up one with you on though, he he
    cheers mate, be lucky,
    dev

• edited April 2014
    thursday  3/4/14

1xnl4  L £0.27  b/r  £34.07

nothing very exciting playing and watching darts on SKY
    4 hr session.
  • edited April 2014
    Friday  4/4/14

1xnl4  W £4.68  2&1/2 hrs  b/r £38.75

ran ok/played ok
    nuff said.
  • edited April 2014
    Saturday  5/4/14

got another e-mail today from Sky saying deposit £10 & get £20 free.
    thought it must be a repeat/mistake, as i had this sent the other day.
    anyway... entered promo code, deposited another £10 and yep got £20 bonus. :)

I LOVE YOU SKY... THANK YOU VERY MUCH, YOU ARE THE BEST!!!

b/r £68.75  (from a £20 deposit)

(* *)
       ^
    dev

• edited April 2014

Saturday 5/4/14

2xnl4  4&1/2 hrs  L £0.10  b/r £68.65

down all night pretty much, so happy with final result.
  • edited April 2014
    Sunday  6/4/14

1xnl4  1 hr  W £1.08  b/r £69.73

• edited April 2014
    Wednesday  9/4/14

1xnl4  4hrs  W £4.30   b/r £74.03

another W  nothing else to add.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: NL4 Thread...April 2014... current b/r £69,73 (from £20 deposit):
    Wednesday  9/4/14 1xnl4  4hrs  W £4.30   b/r £74.03 another W  nothing else to add.
    Posted by devonfish5
    I looked for you earlier as well! :(