You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited July 2014
    No footy on tonight- and a bit pf spare time on my hands. 

So, I'm prowling the £5.50 Hold 'Em DYM lobby.

I began tonight with just shy of £100 (£99.77)

and have so far played 2 DYMS and cashed in 2 DYMS.

Currently playing the next two!

2 for 2!
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
    Come over to the Omaha High/Low DYMs, you would have the added satisfaction of taking Tikay's money there!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread:
    Come over to the Omaha High/Low DYMs, you would have the added satisfaction of taking Tikay's money there!
    Posted by FCHD
    Hi FCHD- much as I would love to and indeed expect to, take Tikay's money- I'm still trying to master hold 'em DYMs, let alone Omaha High/Low!

One day though.

Meanwhile...

Played 8....WON 6
  • edited July 2014
    Yuck...

Played 10...WON 6
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Ric

Nice sharing a table with you tonite, good luck
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Ric Nice sharing a table with you tonite, good luck
    Posted by stuarty117
    Cheers Stu, you too.

Hope it's a little more profitable for me next time though! ;-)
  • edited July 2014
    I'm on the tables again-right now (1.30pm 3rd July)! No messing about this week. Trying to put together a decent run on the £5.50 DYM tables!

See you there! (Alias-ricorford)

:-)
  • edited July 2014
    Played 2- Won 2 this afternoon so far.

Firing two more up as we speak.
  • edited July 2014
    Gl on your dym.s might play agin next time.

Thanks fot the ukpc semi seat on sunday night, went out 8th and prob could have avoided it.

A raise of 1200 and I shove all in hoping he would fold, I had AKs and got called withJJ had him covered by 71 chips that didn't last long lol.

Think I should have folded or seen the flop as it was a sat and only had too get too last 5 or 44quid for 6th.
  • edited July 2014
    Depends on all the stack sizes Chris
  • edited July 2014
    Played 2- Won 2 this afternoon so far. Firing two more up as we speak.
    Posted by RicOrford
    Hey man, how's your bankroll coming along?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : Hey man, how's your bankroll coming along?
    Posted by Jagannatha
    Hey Jagannatha....not too well since you ask.

But then again, not disastrously either. Haven't had to add more funds for ages. But then, haven't made a profit yet either.

Volume is my problem- I'm not playing enough to ride out the variance.

Hope it's going well for you!

• edited July 2014
    Back on the site tonight whilst watching Holland v Argentina.

Maybe I won't miss an amazing game this time, like I did last night whilst doing the show!

Anyway- playing the main and the mini for the moment and then I'll see what happens from there.
  • edited July 2014
    Small update Rich - Aiming for a 1000 DYM sample at £5 games, just to encourage some grinding around those levels which suit the BR. Also after railing your demise i took down the £5 megastack :-)

Matt2378600001£122.55
    MADPATDOTC02£78.69
    Thrifty03£49.02
    zebstar04£39.77
    trevluca2105£32.47
    StevenBond06£27.09

• edited July 2014
    Small update Rich - Aiming for a 1000 DYM sample at £5 games, just to encourage some grinding around those levels which suit the BR. Also after railing your demise i took down the £5 megastack :-) Matt237 860000 1 £122.55 MADPATDOTC 0 2 £78.69 Thrifty 0 3 £49.02 zebstar 0 4 £39.77 trevluca21 0 5 £32.47 StevenBond 0 6 £27.09        
    Posted by Matt237
    Nice work Matt.

1000 DYMs- that's some aim. How long do you think that will take you.

I played several hundred a couple of years back but it took me about six months to do it.

I'm back playing tonight- 16th July- prob trying to spin up with the main and the mini- then doing the old grind thing on the £5 DYMs.

At some stage I'll have a coherent plan to this bankroll challenge.
  • edited July 2014
    Waiting for the main to start and playing £10 DYMs in the meantime.

Cashed in my first one- now on to Round 2!
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Rich,
    only been back playing a few weeks so not fully up to speed with your challenge.
    are you still playing with your original £100 if so you are doing well, as I'm thinking maybe good BRM & Richard Orford doesn't exactly roll off the tongue  :)
    see you are playing the old Dym's at the moment, good luck with them,  last time I looked you were playing nl10  :)
    Best wishes mate,
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    So- finished just 4 off the money in the mini!

But have made it into the cash in the main and still going!

Field of 272

29 remain

Currently 14th!
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Rich, only been back playing a few weeks so not fully up to speed with your challenge. are you still playing with your original £100 if so you are doing well, as I'm thinking maybe good BRM & Richard Orford doesn't exactly roll off the tongue  :) see you are playing the old Dym's at the moment, good luck with them,  last time I looked you were playing nl10  :) Best wishes mate, dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hi Devon,

Yes, tis true what you say about BRM and myself- it's not something I've ever particularly mastered.

Just got back into the DYMS played a couple of NL10s tonight- won one, lost one.

But then just missed the cash in the mini but cashed in the main for about £55, so not too bad.

No, not playing with the original £100 though! I wish!

Hope you're doing alright at it all.

Cheers, Rich
  • edited July 2014
    And the final stats of the night-

2 10NL DYMs played- won one, lost 1

25th/186 in the mini event- finishing just 4 places off the money. :-(

and 20th/272 in the main event for a cash of £54.57!

All in all- with rebuys and add-ons to take into account- 5 hours of online poker and a profit of about £3 to show for it.

Happy with that- 5 hours of entertainment and it hasn't cost me a penny!

In fact, with the jackpot on at one stage, I was in with a shout of winning around £7000.

Cheers to everyone who dropped by and said hello. And see you next time. :-)

Oh, I'm hosting the show tomorrow night with Ryan- fresh back from Vegas- and Julian- not-so-fresh-suffering from man-flu.

See you there. 
  • edited July 2014
    127 -25.08 302.63 Ok. Game over. A quick half hour back on the tables and again lost a few buyins. I was unlucky....all in pre with AK vs QQ vs 78s and again  vs 67o but more importantly im just not enjoying cash at all following my recent mega downswing. May was an absolute killer where I played very little poker but got hammered at the tables relentlessly! I have lost all confidence in my game and need to rebuild. All in all I lost 20 buyins in 5 months (or in 2 weeks of May!), but earned that back in rakeback/promos. Final grade of F. Didnt manage to improve at all in cash poker, in fact I got frustrated and actually got worse at the game! My overall bankroll now stands just shy of £500 after also failing to pick up any decent mtt scores, so I still have a decent roll for playing the low buy-in tournaments on the site and may start a new diary in future but for the time being im just going to try and get back to enjoying my poker regardless of results. Thanks for reading.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Following this post I didnt play much poker at all in June. The world cup was great, I put some hours into Fifa ultimate team, I went to watch Paul Weller at Tynemouth Priory and survived a zombie apocalypse on the Newcastle quayside!

However, I returned to poker this month and its gone quite well. 8 or 9 final tables from about 80 tournaments, 3 wins and been very unlucky not to have at least 5. I just took down the 21:30 2k BH for £400+ to return to a circa £1000 bankroll for the first time since January and will try and mix in a few cheap cash tables at times in the next few weeks.

I love poker again and it feels goo000oooooood!
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : Following this post I didnt play much poker at all in June. The world cup was great, I put some hours into Fifa ultimate team, I went to watch Paul Weller at Tynemouth Priory and survived a zombie apocalypse on the Newcastle quayside! However, I returned to poker this month and its gone quite well. 8 or 9 final tables from about 80 tournaments, 3 wins and been very unlucky not to have at least 5. I just took down the 21:30 2k BH for £400+ to return to a circa £1000 bankroll for the first time since January and will try and mix in a few cheap cash tables at times in the next few weeks. I love poker again and it feels goo000oooooood!
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Nice work, Jim. You've been missed round these parts. It's a pity there aren;t more World Cups and zombie apocalypses, as it seems to hae given you a fresh lease of life on the poker tables.

Keep it up!
  • edited August 2014
    Back on the baize tonight (13th August)

I'm playing a few DYMs and warming up to have a crack at the main and mini tonight!

Come and say hello!
  • edited August 2014
    So, honours even in the DYM stakes.

Then a rebuy and an add-on later and I bow out the main event in 70th.

Now hanging in there by the tips of my fingernails in the mini event. 43rd out of 47 remaining. Game on!
  • edited August 2014
    ...and game over!

29th.

I clung on valiantly, but ultimately succumbed to a good old runner-runner straight. Ah, gotta love those.

Thanks to everyone who stopped by to say hello.

See you next week!
  • edited August 2014
    109/200 on the DYMs Rich. After a bad start we scraped it back into break even/profit territory with a few good sessions. Break even target is 110/200 which is 1 buy in down, but factoring in the reward points is actually a £4,50 profit. Profit is profit eh? More to come soon.