You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited May 2014
    Hi guys- I'm back in play tonight.

Probably the main and mini and cash if there's any time left at the end.

GL GL!
  • edited May 2014
    How to lose a BR more-like when it involves me! :(

Mond 12/5
    4 Played 
    1 Success
    3 Fails
    25% Win rate
    BR Mvmnt: -£1.40
    NB All 60p Stndrd DYM's

Tues 13/5
    3 Played
    1 Success
    1 Fail
    50% Win rate
    BR Mvm: -£0.20p
    All 60p DYM

Weds 14/5
    60p DYM
    2 Played
    2 Fails

30p Turbo DYM
    3 Played
    3 Fail
    ZERO Win %'age.
    BR LOSSES -£2.10

Today was one of them "sigh" days where whatever I tried, whatever CARDs I had, the poker-gods were angry, and my hand would be outdrawn on flop turn, or river.

BR: £20.00

• edited May 2014
    I top 10d a main. Yay
    Matt23708£217.66
  • edited May 2014
    124 -1665  BR: 403.00

Ran well on mastercash up to 500bb stack. must have leaked a lot omn other tables to book a loss *sigh*
  • edited May 2014
    NOW THATS THE WAY THE GAME SHOULD BE PLAYED!

I am hoping that last night's (Thur 15/5) progress is a sign of things to come! After much bedtime reading and reading the forums, I came to realise that perhaps, I'm playing a little too scared and not willing to "go for the juggular" when I should be doing so...Also despite them being good fun and relatively short, am now wondering why I bother with the turbos??

SO, I came out with all guns blazing and by the time I was ready to play my evening session, I'd done 2 games during the day and was 2/2! 

The strong form continued into the night and I finished my session (as planned) at 10:30pm with four games complete and managed to cash in ALL FOUR! 100% Win, rate and a decent (well for me it is £1.60) profit :)

60p DYM
    4 Played
    4 Success
    0 Fails :D
    Profit +£1.60
    BR Now: £21.60
  • edited May 2014
    125 -16.48
    126 - 58.81 br: 327.71

In absolute freefall and my poker confidence is in bits at the moment.

Decided to play a lot today and try and boost my points total. I am now sitting at just 1k points but with a massive -£223 deficit so far this month to show from it, that must be some kind of record at nl10 and my game is all over the place. Bah!

It is going to be a long hard road until the end of June when I wrap up this challenge. I will drop to nl8/4 until I possibly claw back to £400+, wish me luck.

On the plus side, I am heading into town for a friend's birthday meal tonight and then have a drinking outing to Blackpool scheduled for Saturday which is always lively and should distract me from my poker woes.

• edited May 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread:
    I top 10d a main. Yay Matt237 0 8 £217.66
    Posted by Matt237
    Well done Matt. Nice result!
  • edited May 2014
    Hi Rich,
    Thought it was about time I updated you :)
    I finished April with about £744 profit but alas no ipad! ;)
    My new BR challenge is to make £5K for Christmas, my current BR is £1466 so it's going really well (from £50 on April 1st)
    So profit so far this month at £671

Currently chuffed!
  • edited May 2014
    "ITS JUST VARIANCE"
    That's a phrase I can easily use to sum-up the past three days play on Sky Poker!

After not "winning" (cashing) a single DYM on Wednesday (14/5), I had the exact opposite on thursday and made back a large chunk of my losses, whilst cashing 4/4 DYM's.

Then yesterday I managed just two DYM's, @ 60p Standard level but failed to "cash" in either - However in the second I know that some of my play once I got a decent stack was very poor and quite rightly I ended up not cashing.

So results for last night (and this morning)

60p DYM (5min Blinds)
    2 Played
    2 Fails
    Net Loss -£1.20

12:00 £20 Gtd Turbo FR (3min Blinds)
    Finished 18/222
    Tournament Winnings: £0.24p.
    BR Now: £20.14

Footnote:- My recent form, I kinda knew I had it in me to cash in an MTT, I know this has only come from a FR but if I can do it here, then why not in a more larger tournament/competition?
  • edited May 2014
    I made a very nice post to the community and decided to turn into a diary - I'll pop here now and then :-)
  • edited May 2014
    No play in recent days due to the background of a family bereavement and the funeral, held on Monday.. :'(

Back in action on the tables yesterday and I played quite well, although in my first game, Belisibub was railing my action and has some interesting comments for me - unfortunately he railed the one game when I was away from my S/Poker table window alot because my niece was over and I was away alot and unable to properly focus on my poker (Note to self, Never play competative "Money" Poker when this happens).

Here at the results from Tues 20/5
    Game Types: 60p DYM S&G
    5 Played
    3 Success
    2 Fail
    Win-rate: 60%
    BR Mvmnt: B/EVEN!
    BR Now £20.34
  • edited May 2014
    GARYLAUD May BR Challenge:- Weekly Update (Week 3/5)
    Target:- To break-even or make profit for week's play
    BR Movement -£3.36

Comments:-
    Despite a couple of very encouraging days where I finished either in profit or break-even I still finished down nearly £4. Most of this I can attribute to one very damaging day where I played at least SIX Dym's and didn't succeed in ANY!

I need to constantly revisit JohnConnor's DYM Blog and remind myself of the techniques involved in order to be a succesful DYM Player. One crumb of comfort, is that i seem to remember when I tried-out playing cash games over a similar period, I remember enduring triple the losses of what I am going through now.

Some progress IS being made, although I still think I have a significant amount to learn before I can clasify myself anywhere near being a succesful player.
  • edited May 2014
    Still yet to rail one, let me know when you're about later this wk. Not free this afternoon and as soon as i get home my grind will start
  • edited May 2014
    Back on the baize right now! (Thursday 22nd May).

Playing the main and the mini!

Good luck all!
  • edited May 2014
     This threads been quiet rich, whens  your next session, after what u said last night will you be depositing again :)

Shows.on tuesday and thurday have been very good and was good I got some tv time with mastercash and the 22quid SnG.

Looking forward too more of these.

My br has dropped a little sinse the mastercash game last night by about 25quid, but not much of a loss for what ive played. 

Really only been playing during the live shows throuh the mastercash hours or the turbo tuesdays which ive had 3 good runs at recently but no final tables......yet.

• edited May 2014
    Possibly returning tonight. My laptop charger broke at exactly the same time I needed a poker break but its time to get back on the horse for the last month of my cash challenge.
  • edited May 2014
    127 -25.08 302.63

Ok. Game over. A quick half hour back on the tables and again lost a few buyins. I was unlucky....all in pre with AK vs QQ vs 78s and again  vs 67o but more importantly im just not enjoying cash at all following my recent mega downswing. May was an absolute killer where I played very little poker but got hammered at the tables relentlessly! I have lost all confidence in my game and need to rebuild.

All in all I lost 20 buyins in 5 months (or in 2 weeks of May!), but earned that back in rakeback/promos. Final grade of F. Didnt manage to improve at all in cash poker, in fact I got frustrated and actually got worse at the game!

My overall bankroll now stands just shy of £500 after also failing to pick up any decent mtt scores, so I still have a decent roll for playing the low buy-in tournaments on the site and may start a new diary in future but for the time being im just going to try and get back to enjoying my poker regardless of results. Thanks for reading.
  • edited May 2014
    Im sure youll make your buyins back jim. Gl in the meantime, and look fwd to your diary. 

Ps we can swap BR's if u want :) 

Gl
  • edited May 2014
    127 -25.08 302.63 Ok. Game over. A quick half hour back on the tables and again lost a few buyins. I was unlucky....all in pre with AK vs QQ vs 78s and again  vs 67o but more importantly im just not enjoying cash at all following my recent mega downswing. May was an absolute killer where I played very little poker but got hammered at the tables relentlessly! I have lost all confidence in my game and need to rebuild. All in all I lost 20 buyins in 5 months (or in 2 weeks of May!), but earned that back in rakeback/promos. Final grade of F. Didnt manage to improve at all in cash poker, in fact I got frustrated and actually got worse at the game! My overall bankroll now stands just shy of £500 after also failing to pick up any decent mtt scores, so I still have a decent roll for playing the low buy-in tournaments on the site and may start a new diary in future but for the time being im just going to try and get back to enjoying my poker regardless of results. Thanks for reading.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    I'm genuinely surprised by this, I've always had you tagged as one of the best players at NL10 and figured you must be good enough to build a decent roll at cash.

It sounds like maybe you need a bit of tweaking on the mental side of things, avoid/reduce any monkey tilt and would then be sorted.

No point playing if it isn't fun though, that is what poker is really all about! Good luck with the tournis and look forward to your diary.
  • edited June 2014
    Well
    I have just finished my final week of my "May Challenge" and it's SHOCKING! I've logged the heaviest losses of the five-week monitoring period I set myself the challenge in having seen my BR slide by £2.60...even more if you include the MTTs Ive played in! 

Still to decide as yet on what to challenge myself with in June...Probably similar targets as being UBER Critical I failed on the most part to achieve the targets I set myself in May, even though some technicalities came together to say I did (EG Doubling my BR, Well i DID so, but ONLY because of my TOTP participation) and my Win-Rate Greater than 50% at DYM's target....well I finished on around 44%, with all the turbo's and everything else I played included, but on a tecnicality, you can say I achieved it as I finished with a percentage of 53% when playing a stanard 5min Blind DYM.
  • edited June 2014
    Hey Rich havent posted in a while since i started a diary elsewhere.

I remember a live show you did 2 months or so ago where the focus was something to do with Dreams, poker and non poker, which were realistic. I said to top 10 a main/mini. Which i achieved Wednesday 14th May - 8th in main for £230. Then i set a target of a main/mini FT which i achieved 2 weeks later in the mini on Wednesday 28th May - 6th in mini. Then i set a target of a top 3 in main/mini which i achieved 6 days later in the Turbo main last night, which made for good viewing! 

Geniunely been crushing as of late, not ran too great either. Reward for fewer mistakes i feel. See ya on the tables tonight
  • edited June 2014
    Hi all,

Currently playing the main and the mini tonight (4th June).

I'll keep you posted if I play anything else as the night goes on.

:-)
  • edited June 2014
    127 -25.08 302.63 Ok. Game over. A quick half hour back on the tables and again lost a few buyins. I was unlucky....all in pre with AK vs QQ vs 78s and again  vs 67o but more importantly im just not enjoying cash at all following my recent mega downswing. May was an absolute killer where I played very little poker but got hammered at the tables relentlessly! I have lost all confidence in my game and need to rebuild. All in all I lost 20 buyins in 5 months (or in 2 weeks of May!), but earned that back in rakeback/promos. Final grade of F. Didnt manage to improve at all in cash poker, in fact I got frustrated and actually got worse at the game! My overall bankroll now stands just shy of £500 after also failing to pick up any decent mtt scores, so I still have a decent roll for playing the low buy-in tournaments on the site and may start a new diary in future but for the time being im just going to try and get back to enjoying my poker regardless of results. Thanks for reading.
    Posted by jimb0d1
    Jim, thanks very much for all your input on this thread. It's been great to read, even if it has been painful for you to write at times!

Sad to hear you had a bad month, but I remained convinced that with your ability to identify your weaknesses and your flexibility in trying different approaches is going to make you a winning player in the long run.

The most important thing is though that your enjoy playing- so get on with that, and the results will follow naturally!

Ty once more and all the best :-)
  • edited June 2014
    Hey Rich havent posted in a while since i started a diary elsewhere. I remember a live show you did 2 months or so ago where the focus was something to do with Dreams, poker and non poker, which were realistic. I said to top 10 a main/mini. Which i achieved Wednesday 14th May - 8th in main for £230. Then i set a target of a main/mini FT which i achieved 2 weeks later in the mini on Wednesday 28th May - 6th in mini. Then i set a target of a top 3 in main/mini which i achieved 6 days later in the Turbo main last night, which made for good viewing!  Geniunely been crushing as of late, not ran too great either. Reward for fewer mistakes i feel. See ya on the tables tonight
    Posted by Matt237
    Nice work Matt- I think you're on the right track not giving yourself impossible targets.

I myself seem to have settled in to using my once a week visit to the tables to take a shot at the Jackpot and then play various mtts if i come out of those two events early.

I generally hit in and around the money spots, especially in the mini. But I haven't hit a final table for ages.

So that's my target- an FT in the main or mini.
  • edited June 2014
    Another deep run in the mini but this time not quite making it into the money.

Cheers to everyone who dropped by.

Sorry I left suddenly upon my exit hand without saying goodbye- I wasn't storming off in a sulk! I just pressed the wrong button: 'close table' instead of 'watch'.

I've managed to do that a few times now over the last few weeks.

You'd think I'd have worked it out by now...sigh.

Good luck all with your poker this week!
  • edited June 2014
    Impromptu session!

Spare evening- so on the site right now.

First up- late regged into the £2000 BH.

Late reg still available for 45 minutes and just £11 to enter!

Go on, you know you want to :-)
  • edited June 2014
    gl, was going too play main and mine then de regged,  had a break tonight until the mastercash hour, then played 2, 20nl games and made about £20.

which has took me over the £500 mark on my BR.  have too thank you for that really as I took a risk sitting at at cash table u where on a few weeks ago and had a bit of run good since then.
  • edited June 2014
    gl, was going too play main and mine then de regged,  had a break tonight until the mastercash hour, then played 2, 20nl games and made about £20. which has took me over the £500 mark on my BR.  have too thank you for that really as I took a risk sitting at at cash table u where on a few weeks ago and had a bit of run good since then.
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Glad to hear it Chris. I asume my cheque's in the post then? ;-)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : Glad to hear it Chris. I asume my cheque's in the post then? ;-)
    Posted by RicOrford
    sorry no cheque,

you'll have too win your money back :)
  • edited June 2014
    At last! A winning session on the cash tables.

In the small hours of this morning I span about £27 up to around £105 on the 10p/20p tables.

This might be the time to use this amount to hit the 2p/4p tables and do this thing properly.

Then again...

Watch this space.