You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Build A Bankroll Thread

Comments

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread:
    At last! A winning session on the cash tables. In the small hours of this morning I span about £27 up to around £105 on the 10p/20p tables. This might be the time to use this amount to hit the 2p/4p tables and do this thing properly. Then again... Watch this space.
    Posted by RICHORFORD
    I assume you will be showing great BRM and get another £5 and then play the roller on Sunday?
  • edited June 2014
    Nice one, so no cheque needed now then.

How about a heads up game? :)

Not something I play regularly,  but do enjoy them as long as I stick to low stakes.

Would there be room for these on the tv. Recently. On the tuesday games there has been the SnG' games showing, has sky ever cosidered a heads up sit and go for tc coverage with pros giving  there advice on these games at various levels amd types, such as turbos hyper and regular??
  • edited June 2014
    Nice one, so no cheque needed now then. How about a heads up game? :) Not something I play regularly,  but do enjoy them as long as I stick to low stakes. Would there be room for these on the tv. Recently. On the tuesday games there has been the SnG' games showing, has sky ever cosidered a heads up sit and go for tc coverage with pros giving    there advice on these games at various levels amd types, such as turbos hyper and regular??
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    I will put it to the producers sir!
  • edited June 2014
    Well, I got a bit previous in the last bankroll post- I thought I'd spun £27 up to £105 but it turns out I'd spun it up to £94.77 to be precise.

Still pretty useful though.

So, here we go then. I'm going to play some poker and I'm not going to be swayed by the main event tonight. I'm going to grind the DYM tables. And I'm going to go against every impulse in my body to hit the £10 tables and insteadstick to the £5 tables. 

My plan is simple- to turn £94.77 into £200.

Rank outsiders Australia are giving Holland some problems right now on TV, so I don't see why I can't pull off a similarly remarkable Roy-of-the-Rovers feat.

GAME ON! 
  • edited June 2014
    1 game played....1 double up!

Kerboom!

Now on to Games 2 and 3.

• edited June 2014
    no mastercash, well ill miby try and give you a hard time at the DYM'S then :)
  • edited June 2014
    I may watch you later Rich, see if you are pwning everyone ;)
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
  • edited June 2014
    no mastercash, well ill miby try and give you a hard time at the DYM'S then :)
    Posted by Chris_Mc

,..you're true to your word, my friend.
  • edited June 2014
    and how come your pic dosnt  pend for approval, for two weeks :)

• edited June 2014
    I may watch you later Rich, see if you are pwning everyone ;)
    Posted by Matt237

ROFLing at the internet slang right now. LOL, OMG, MFI, The BFG etc etc.

;-)
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : ,..you're true to your word, my friend.
    Posted by RicOrford
    got lucky with my set that kept me going, sat back really after that. :)
  • edited June 2014
    and how come your pic dosnt  pend for approval, for two weeks :)
    Posted by Chris_Mc

It's my civilian private account. No privileges on that! Had to log back as Mr Presenter so I could post a photo ;-)
  • edited June 2014
    just clicked with the photos lol, how many points do I need to get too get that privilege ???
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : It's my civilian private account. No privileges on that! Had to log back as Mr Presenter so I could post a photo ;-)
    Posted by RicOrford[/QUOT

MULTI ACCOUNTING EH?????
  • edited June 2014
    Hmmm..

3 for 5

Another bubble too. Grrr
  • edited June 2014
    6 for 9

Up- but not by much at the mo.
  • edited June 2014
    6 out of 10.

And that's the end of my session.

So I won more than I lost but I'll need a better hit-rate and/or bigger volume to rack the BR up to the next level.

Finished on a profit mind you.

£99.77 from a starting BR of £94.77

So a 5% increase.

I guess the way to look at it is that if any poker player in the world can increase his bankroll by 5% in a few hours then they're doing ok over the long-term.

I might play again on Sunday. Hope to see you all again then. :-)
  • edited June 2014
    Now rich see's how a magical and also monstroncity DYM's can be!
  • edited June 2014
    Now rich see's how a magical and also monstroncity DYM's can be!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Indeed Gary. If you can get into the mindset of them and enjoy 'solving the puzzle' then there's enjoyment to be had from a format that perhaps cash players might find a little dull.

Definitely the most low variance way of sloooowly building up your BR.

I go through phases of playing them, so this is probably the start of two or three months for me.

Need to get that volume to make the small edge I have at that level into a meaningful profit. Also, my error of margin should be more like 3 out of 10 games, rather than 4 as i did last night.
  • edited June 2014
    Dont think you done much wrong. The ones I watched you ran quite deep, one youtook some stick in the chatbox with AA and was laughed at for going all in. Why not I say when there you can build higher with 5 left why give that player a chance  too trebble up and chanfe the game completely. Although you where unlucky and he hit the full house with A 10,

Good fold with the 99 when I hit the set but prob shouldnt be calling that size of bet and fold or shove sooner.

Will look out for when your on and ill try and improve my dym game aswell.

Ive played 6 yesterdy

Cashed in 5 

2x 11      won 2
    4x 5.50   won 3 
  • edited June 2014
    Dont think you done much wrong. The ones I watched you ran quite deep, one youtook some stick in the chatbox with AA and was laughed at for going all in. Why not I say when there you can build higher with 5 left why give that player a chance  too trebble up and chanfe the game completely. Although you where unlucky and he hit the full house with A 10, Good fold with the 99 when I hit the set but prob shouldnt be calling that size of bet and fold or shove sooner. Will look out for when your on and ill try and improve my dym game aswell. Ive played 6 yesterdy Cashed in 5  2x 11      won 2 4x 5.50   won 3 
    Posted by Chris_Mc

Nice one Chris.

Yeah, that was just me being rusty with the AA as to DYM dynamics. I should have just called and checked it down. But I was still in standard MTT mode and hitting 3 or 4 huge hands in a row. So I was just setting everyone in as I had them massively outchipped.

It was only the fact that the short stack had given up and was away from the table that made this a 'bad' play.

The other two guys would probably have been fuming that I was jeopardising their stacks when everyone simply had to sit tight.

On the the hand, one could argue that it's unethical to not be raising with QQ, AA and setting everyone in. I mean if the short stack had been disconnected and then returned I'd imagine he wouldn't have been too happy that with everyone outchipped I hadn't been putting the other stacks at risk with hands like AA.

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : Nice one Chris. Yeah, that was just me being rusty with the AA as to DYM dynamics. I should have just called and checked it down. But I was still in standard MTT mode and hitting 3 or 4 huge hands in a row. So I was just setting everyone in as I had them massively outchipped. It was only the fact that the short stack had given up and was away from the table that made this a 'bad' play. The other two guys would probably have been fuming that I was jeopardising their stacks when everyone simply had to sit tight. On the the hand, one could argue that it's unethical to not be raising with QQ, AA and setting everyone in. I mean if the short stack had been disconnected and then returned I'd imagine he wouldn't have been too happy that with everyone outchipped I hadn't been putting the other stacks at risk with hands like AA.
    Posted by RICHORFORD

im a big fan of each to their own the way they play But say everyone called it down,  hes now qudruppled his stack, with re rasie with AA u where unlucky too lose but he only doubled up but still short stack.This makes sense too me even if people disagree.

you playing the DYM's tonight

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: The Build A Bankroll Thread : im a big fan of each to their own the way they play But say everyone called it down,  hes now qudruppled his stack, with re rasie with AA u where unlucky too lose but he only doubled up but still short stack.This makes sense too me even if people disagree. you playing the DYM's tonight
    Posted by Chris_Mc

Not tonight. I hear there's a game of football on ;-)
  • edited June 2014
    Chris we aren't all jocks.
  • edited June 2014
    Chris we aren't all jocks.
    Posted by Matt237

Im more into weather.

I hear theres a massive cloud of dissapointment arriving from the south.:) 
  • edited June 2014
    I can see the Costa Rica game being an issue moreso than the Uruguay one if i'm honest