You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Catch All Site Problems Thread 23rd March (and previously 21st and 22nd March)

Comments

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04:
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Its telling me no history found mate.
    Posted by Matt237
    Just had a thought, you did click the quick history search button right after going into your account?  At the very least it should have your buy ins and deductions for entering the tournies or a zero by any cancelled tournies.  If you did try setting up a manual history search to cover a few days to get some results there.
  • edited March 2014
    I was in BH Tourny been playing for hours HU..Site crashes for me, guy in first blinds me down and gets £200 extra for doing so..Is this fair?? Why should he get that extra money, Its a joke,  I dont want refunds, that doesnt come close to settling in the difference in payout i had, this needs to looked into
    Posted by alex1229
    +1...............how can somebody with half the chips I had in the £3k Bh get refunded more than me??? it's bs........the sky ar53 lickers will always be saying how well the matter was resolved but that is simply not the case!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : This has already been proven to be bull..............hats off to sky???? I CBA to chase up over a couple of quid but those who maybe on for more should def question it because it has already been said that the whole refund system is flawed
    Posted by waller02
    I have just got my money back now but it took 45 minutes for me to prove the point. for the first 20 minutes they were thinking i was wanting refunds of losses that occured from master cash tables. the best way i found was to give them a hand history number which would have happened at the time of the crash.

• edited March 2014
    Trying to look through the thread and answer questions.  I'm getting PMs as well so trying to be as helpful as I can.

Waller, you mentioned the payouts for cancelled tournies.  A few points:

1)  If you were still in a Bounty Hunter MTT when the MTTs were paused and settled, the amount which popped up will not be the full refund amount.  All head prizes accumulated, including your own, appears to have been added as well and was not part of the amount stated in the pop up.

2)  Formula for settlements of cancelled MTTs:  Please read here:  Link

That is the policy from the help pages.  I can't copy and paste the whole page but I think this exert covers the majority of people for the main and other MTTs going on at the time of the crash:

The tournament has started but the money has not yet been reached

If the tournament has started and the money has not yet been reached, then the tournament will be settled as follows:

• All players knocked out at this stage receive no refund.
    • All remaining players receive a refund of their tournament fees
    • 50% of the total tournament prize pool is distributed evenly between all the remaining players
    • 50% of the total tournament prize pool is distributed accordingly dependant on each player’s chip count.

e.g.

You are playing in a £9 + £1 tournament with 500 players, a starting chipstack of 3,000 and a total prize pool of £4,500 which pays the top 60 places.

The tournament is settled when there are 100 players remaining and you have a chip stack of 80,000 your returns would be calculated as follows:

Prize pool to be divided equally: £4500 / 2 = £2250

Prize pool to be divided based on chip count: £4500 / 2 £2250

Entry fee refunded = £1

Share in equally divided money: £2250/100 = £22.50

Share based on chip count: £2250 x (80,000/1,500,000) = £119.99

Total refund = £143.49

This rule will be applied to all scheduled tournaments unless the total number of players left in the tournament is equal to or less than the declared number of paid places for that particular tournament.

The tournament has started and all remaining players are in the paid places

If the tournament has started and all remaining players are now in paid places then the tournament will be settled as follows:

• All players knocked out (but not reached the money) receive no refund.
    • All players who have already been knocked out and did reach the money will be paid the full amount they won but will NOT receive their fees back.
    • The fees for all players remaining are refunded
    • Each remaining player receives the minimum prize not yet awarded at the time of cancellation
    • The rest of the remaining tournament prize pool is distributed accordingly dependant on each player’s chip count.

e.g.

You are playing in a £9 + £1 tournament with 500 players, a starting chipstack of 3,000 and a total prize pool of £4,500 which pays the top 60 places.

The tournament is settled when there are 30 players remaining, the minimum prize yet to be awarded is £29.25 and you have a chip stack of 150,000 your returns would be calculated as follows:

Prize pool to be divided equally: £29.25 x 30 = £877.50

Prize pool still to be awarded: £3870 (£630 already paid out to players placed 31-60)

Prize pool to be divided based on chip count: £3870 - £877.50 = £2992.50

Entry fee refunded = £1

Your minimum prize share = £29.25

Share based on chip count: £2992.5 x (150,000/1,500,000) = £299.25

Total refund due = £329.50

Players placed 31 – 60 receive their payout as normal but not their fees.

Bounty Hunter Tournaments

A bounty hunter scheduled tournament which has been settled early due to a server issue will follow all of the rules listed above, with the following additions:

• Knocked out players who have collected heads will keep their head prize winnings along with any cash prizes won.
    • All remaining players are paid for the heads they have currently collected
    • All remaining players are paid their current head value.

e.g

You are playing in a £9 + £1 Bounty Hunter tournament with 500 players, a starting chipstack of 3,000 and a total prize pool of £4,500 (Split 50/50 between heads & cash prizes) which pays the top 60 places.

The tournament is settled when there are 30 players remaining, the minimum prize yet to be awarded is £14.625, you have a chip stack of 150,000, your head value is £20 and you have currently collected £40 in Heads. Your returns would be calculated as follows:

Cash Prize pool to be divided equally: £14.625 x 30 = £438.75

Cash Prize pool still to be awarded: £1935 (£315 already paid out to players placed 31-60)

Cash Prize pool to be divided based on chip count: £1935 - £438.75 = £1496.25

Entry fee refunded = £1

Banked funds from heads collected = £40

Current head value = £20 Minimum prize share = £14.625

Share based on chip count: £1496.25 x (150,000/1,500,000) = £149.625

Total refund due = £225.25

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Just had a thought, you did click the quick history search button right after going into your account?  At the very least it should have your buy ins and deductions for entering the tournies or a zero by any cancelled tournies.  If you did try setting up a manual history search to cover a few days to get some results there.
    Posted by TommyD
    Yes i did Tommy, it kept coming up with an error but it has now worked, and i have been manually refunded. Thanks for your help and the work on here you've done with this thread. Top man (Y)
  • edited March 2014
    I went out of Orfy at 8pm well before the outage   ,,,NO REFUND  ...  I would have played much tighter if I knew there was to be an outage  .. right I'm leaving    ;)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : This has already been proven to be bull..............hats off to sky???? I CBA to chase up over a couple of quid but those who maybe on for more should def question it because it has already been said that the whole refund system is flawed
    Posted by waller02

Whhhyyyyyy would I lie? 

Is not bull. So speaking bull and font reply to my post unless you actually have factual evidence. Im giving you my perspective. 

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Yes i did Tommy, it kept coming up with an error but it has now worked, and i have been manually refunded. Thanks for your help and the work on here you've done with this thread. Top man (Y)
    Posted by Matt237
    You're welcome man.  Just glad it's there.

And this adds to another point.  Not all My Accounts seem to be up to full working snuff yet then.  So if anyone has a problem with their one, consider giving it a bit and checking again.
  • edited March 2014
    Trying to look through the thread and answer questions.  I'm getting PMs as well so trying to be as helpful as I can. Waller, you mentioned the payouts for cancelled tournies.  A few points: 1)  If you were still in a Bounty Hunter MTT when the MTTs were paused and settled, the amount which popped up will not be the full refund amount.  All head prizes accumulated, including your own, appears to have been added as well and was not part of the amount stated in the pop up. 2)  Formula for settlements of cancelled MTTs:  Please read here:  Link That is the policy from the help pages.  I can't copy and paste the whole page but I think this exert covers the majority of people for the main and other MTTs going on at the time of the crash: The tournament has started but the money has not yet been reached If the tournament has started and the money has not yet been reached, then the tournament will be settled as follows: All players knocked out at this stage receive no refund. All remaining players receive a refund of their tournament fees 50% of the total tournament prize pool is distributed evenly between all the remaining players 50% of the total tournament prize pool is distributed accordingly dependant on each player’s chip count. e.g. You are playing in a £9 + £1 tournament with 500 players, a starting chipstack of 3,000 and a total prize pool of £4,500 which pays the top 60 places. The tournament is settled when there are 100 players remaining and you have a chip stack of 80,000 your returns would be calculated as follows: Prize pool to be divided equally: £4500 / 2 = £2250 Prize pool to be divided based on chip count: £4500 / 2 £2250 Entry fee refunded = £1 Share in equally divided money: £2250/100 = £22.50 Share based on chip count: £2250 x (80,000/1,500,000) = £119.99 Total refund = £143.49 This rule will be applied to all scheduled tournaments unless the total number of players left in the tournament is equal to or less than the declared number of paid places for that particular tournament. The tournament has started and all remaining players are in the paid places If the tournament has started and all remaining players are now in paid places then the tournament will be settled as follows: All players knocked out (but not reached the money) receive no refund. All players who have already been knocked out and did reach the money will be paid the full amount they won but will NOT receive their fees back. The fees for all players remaining are refunded Each remaining player receives the minimum prize not yet awarded at the time of cancellation The rest of the remaining tournament prize pool is distributed accordingly dependant on each player’s chip count. e.g. You are playing in a £9 + £1 tournament with 500 players, a starting chipstack of 3,000 and a total prize pool of £4,500 which pays the top 60 places. The tournament is settled when there are 30 players remaining, the minimum prize yet to be awarded is £29.25 and you have a chip stack of 150,000 your returns would be calculated as follows: Prize pool to be divided equally: £29.25 x 30 = £877.50 Prize pool still to be awarded: £3870 (£630 already paid out to players placed 31-60) Prize pool to be divided based on chip count: £3870 - £877.50 = £2992.50 Entry fee refunded = £1 Your minimum prize share = £29.25 Share based on chip count: £2992.5 x (150,000/1,500,000) = £299.25 Total refund due = £329.50 Players placed 31 – 60 receive their payout as normal but not their fees. Bounty Hunter Tournaments A bounty hunter scheduled tournament which has been settled early due to a server issue will follow all of the rules listed above, with the following additions: Knocked out players who have collected heads will keep their head prize winnings along with any cash prizes won. All remaining players are paid for the heads they have currently collected All remaining players are paid their current head value. e.g You are playing in a £9 + £1 Bounty Hunter tournament with 500 players, a starting chipstack of 3,000 and a total prize pool of £4,500 (Split 50/50 between heads & cash prizes) which pays the top 60 places. The tournament is settled when there are 30 players remaining, the minimum prize yet to be awarded is £14.625, you have a chip stack of 150,000, your head value is £20 and you have currently collected £40 in Heads. Your returns would be calculated as follows: Cash Prize pool to be divided equally: £14.625 x 30 = £438.75 Cash Prize pool still to be awarded: £1935 (£315 already paid out to players placed 31-60) Cash Prize pool to be divided based on chip count: £1935 - £438.75 = £1496.25 Entry fee refunded = £1 Banked funds from heads collected = £40 Current head value = £20 Minimum prize share = £14.625 Share based on chip count: £1496.25 x (150,000/1,500,000) = £149.625 Total refund due = £225.25
    Posted by TommyD
    tommy,

Fair play, proper ballache for you and you don't even have to give your time here. I respect that, But I had more chips, we both had no heads, had been on same table from the off and he gets refunded more............no logic in that whatsoever....just something for ppl to think about who were maybe playing for more money
  • edited March 2014
    I went out of Orfy at 8pm well before the outage   ,,,NO REFUND  ...  I would have played much tighter if I knew there was to be an outage  .. right I'm leaving    ;)
    Posted by Boxster
    sort the orfy league table out b4 u go :)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Whhhyyyyyy would I lie?  Is not bull. So speaking bull and font reply to my post unless you actually have factual evidence. Im giving you my perspective. 
    Posted by mewillows[/QUOT

read the thread and you will see evidence.......not saying you are lying, just saying it is not true as far as everybody is concerned.......read the thread
  • edited March 2014
    Posted by Boxster
    Everyone should get there money back, and you play as tight as a whirlwind,no wonder your AA was cracked by 2-4...
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : tommy, Fair play, proper ballache for you and you don't even have to give your time here. I respect that, But I had more chips, we both had no heads, had been on same table from the off and he gets refunded more............no logic in that whatsoever....just something for ppl to think about who were maybe playing for more money
    Posted by waller02
    Fair enough but that does sound wrong. Which tourny was this from and can you post up the lobby link in the thread?  Are you sure he had no heads and had less chips than you when the MTT was paused?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : sort the orfy league table out b4 u go :)
    Posted by steelrod

Well that's the next problem ???!!!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Well that's the next problem ???!!!
    Posted by Boxster
    I won it on defalt.......
  • edited March 2014
    Hi Everyone,

Firstly tommy, thank you for setting up this thread, i posted a summary here which hopefully answers some questions

I'll also answer as many as i can here which arent answered in that thread.

Sincere apologies to all of you affected this evening

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Fair enough but that does sound wrong. Which tourny was this from and can you post up the lobby link in the thread?  Are you sure he had no heads and had less chips than you when the MTT was paused?
    Posted by TommyD
    £3k BH we were on same table from the off. I wasn't aware he was refunded more until he posted on this thread......look its only a couple of quid but it could be more for others...........the whole refund system is obviously flawed
  • edited March 2014
    what would they have done about the problem which i had on thursday when my table crashed at a time i hit the set of aces?
    The reason i didn't complain about that one was because i thought it would be just a one off.
  • edited March 2014
    I was in BH Tourny been playing for hours HU..Site crashes for me, guy in first blinds me down and gets £200 extra for doing so..Is this fair?? Why should he get that extra money, Its a joke,  I dont want refunds, that doesnt come close to settling in the difference in payout i had, this needs to looked into
    Posted by alex1229
    Hi alex,

I've spoken to our customer care team and your account has been credited, please check your balance which should now be updated

Best Wishes

Adam
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Hi alex, I've spoken to our customer care team and your account has been credited, please check your balance which should now be updated Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    How about a response to why a person with less chips than me was refunded more?
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : How about a response to why a person with less chips than me was refunded more?
    Posted by waller02
    I'm sure Adam will be along with an answer soon, just gonna say I have noticed a couple of my refunds have been added to.  I think they are going through some and making final adjustments.

IMO everyone should wait till tomorrow to check final amounts, just an opinion though, not a fact.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : I'm sure Adam will be along with an answer soon, just gonna say I have noticed a couple of my refunds have been added to.  I think they are going through some and making final adjustments. IMO everyone should wait till tomorrow to check final amounts, just an opinion though, not a fact.
    Posted by TommyD
    We'll see I guess........sky let me finish 5th in the freeroll for my efforts......coincidence? The jury is out.....wp tonight sky...........VWP
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : We'll see I guess........sky let me finish 5th in the freeroll for my efforts......coincidence? The jury is out.....wp tonight sky...........VWP
    Posted by waller02
    WP Waller, sky have all these issues and you try and deflect attention from them by coming over worse than the whole site going down. VWP Waller
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : How about a response to why a person with less chips than me was refunded more?
    Posted by waller02
    Hi Waller02,

I'm reading through the threads and my understanding is you are querying settlement of the £3,000 B/Hunter, which was settled by chipstack.

You received a total refund of £17.93 (£12.93 cash + £5 for your head value) and Darryn1973 received a total refund of £14.24 (£9.24 cash + £5 head value), which is correct with your final chipstacks at settlement being 3830 & 1872.5 respectively.

In a bounty hunter tournament, having just over double the stack has a much smaller impact on settlement, as half the cash prizepool is paid out in head prizes. Then the remaining cash prizepool is halved again (so quartered effectively) with 1/4 paid distributed equally to all remaining players and the final quarter distributed by chipstack.

If you have any more q's then please feel free to ask but this has been paid out correctly.

Apologies for the delayed response i am doing my best to answer as quickly as i can, whilst we continue to investigate why it happened.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited March 2014
    I got a refund ok. My gripes are now that only ppl who didn't get fed up trying, got into the freeroll (I got fed up trying and missed it) and, more importantly, how can they post results for townies that should have been abandoned? I was 5th in a tournie when I was kicked out but others obviously played on so I don't think it fair that the game continued when sky would know what was happening. All tournie so should be recorded as abandoned IMO.

Onwards and upwards :-)
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Hi Waller02, I'm reading through the threads and my understanding is you are querying settlement of the £3,000 B/Hunter, which was settled by chipstack. You received a total refund of £17.93 (£12.93 cash + £5 for your head value) and Darryn1973 received a total refund of £14.24 (£9.24 cash + £5 head value), which is correct with your final chipstacks at settlement being 3830 & 1872.5 respectively. In a bounty hunter tournament, having just over double the stack has a much smaller impact on settlement, as half the cash prizepool is paid out in head prizes. Then the remaining cash prizepool is halved again (so quartered effectively) with 1/4 paid distributed equally to all remaining players and the final quarter distributed by chipstack. If you have any more q's then please feel free to ask but this has been paid out correctly. Apologies for the delayed response i am doing my best to answer as quickly as i can, whilst we continue to investigate why it happened. Best Wishes Adam
    Posted by Sky_Adam
    Yeah, ok wasn't made clear at the time that the site crashed. I'm not apologising on a thread that was placed to air any concerns though and it is still poor that a site as "big" as sky should ever encounter these problems.

@ mattbates......sorry but we don't all win 4 figure sums for fun, so this crash may have a bigger impact on our balance than yours.......best to clear things up
  • edited March 2014
    I'm not playing to tonight but just wanted to throw this out there... What happens to the ROI of every single person regged in a sng? Were the games cancelled and so would be 'wiped from memory' or would they still flag up or did they continue for some people leading to some unfair losses and easy wins?
    Posted by Lambert180
    Hi Paul,

This is something which i dont think we will be in a position to answer fully until monday pm at the earliest.

I appreciate it's important to know and our intention is clearly to omit any sit and go's which were affected by these issues.

We'll sort this out fairly and communicate it fully on the forum when we have done so, but it may take a little time i'm afraid.

Best Wishes

Adam

• edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 21/03/04 : Yeah, ok wasn't made clear at the time that the site crashed. I'm not apologising on a thread that was placed to air any concerns though and it is still poor that a site as "big" as sky should ever encounter these problems. @ mattbates......sorry but we don't all win 4 figure sums for fun, so this crash may have a bigger impact on our balance than yours.......best to clear things up
    Posted by waller02
    I had stacks in tournaments on sky and playing 3 sites with anything up to 15 tables on the go so trying to play my other tables and work out what the problem was and get back connection was extremely frustrating and impacted me on a large number of tournaments, not just sky. EVERYONE involved was annoyed!

Maybe read back your posts in the morning and see if they were in fact helpful to getting things cleared up as you put it. I have had a similar thing happen on other sites as well so it can happen on other sites. Things like this don't happen often and sky have tried to resolve things as quick as they can. Did they get everything 100% correct, no it doesn't seem like they did but they have been trying to resolve things so if people have queries they should raise them and allow sky some time to resolve them.
  • edited March 2014
    I was chipleader in 9.15 deep with 18k 101 players left.. contacted c/s they refunded £4.50 told them I was not happy with this as I was leading the tournament and they gave me £10 as a good will gesture... feel for the people who where running well in bigger tournaments... but im happy with how sky handled my complaint  :-)