You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

The Catch All Site Problems Thread 23rd March (and previously 21st and 22nd March)

Comments

• edited March 2014
    delete your internet cookies thatl fix it
  • edited March 2014
    TommyD?

More like TommyDeserves a free entry into the roller for some epic modding :)

What a guy.
  • edited March 2014
    Well done again tonight Tommy epic moding .
    Much appreciated.
  • edited March 2014
    tyvm guys, really appreciate that.

I've played online poker for well over a decade now and been part of online communities linked to sites for just under that time (several more than just here).  When stuff like this happens, it's really just about communication.  As soon as everything scatters everywhere, no one is heard.  And it's intensely frustrating when you need to be pointed I the right direction or given some advice yet can't get any, that's why I do it, because I've been there in the past.  And that's the good thing about the forum, many people besides me will take the time to help.

Fingers crossed everything will be sorted very soon indeed.  And as always, if someone has a question they want to make privately feel free to PM me.

Thanks again all.
  • edited March 2014
    100% what Gaz and Pat said.

Brilliant effort by Tommy, putting it in one place to really help people with all that's been going on.
  • edited March 2014
    good stuff tom.been v frustratin,but nonetheless a sterling effort on your behalf.alcohol is the key folks!!!!!!!!! lol
    be good all 
    Paul
  • edited March 2014
    As ever, good job Tommy :)
  • edited March 2014
    Awesome work, Tommy. Way above what is expected of a forum moderator.
  • edited March 2014
    Have they tried turning it off and re booting :)
  • edited March 2014
    Here we go again. Add 23rd March onto the title Tommy 
  • edited March 2014
    beyond a joke now!
  • edited March 2014
    there are players away everywhere...........how can this happen again??

EDIT: all are back, hope it was just a minor error
  • edited March 2014
    Changing title.  Please everyone remember what Friedrich Nietzsche said.  'Whatever does not kill you makes you stronger.'  The legend also says he deliberately either contracted or injected himself with syphilis, so maybe not a perfect role model....

Will be closing and deleting other threads to preserve some forum sanity.  Please use this thread.
  • edited March 2014
    just cost me the main quali for 22 the bh for 22 and 11 bh had t jam after r aising and getting booted for 10 mins
  • edited March 2014
    Might have to give up with sit @ go challenge   
  • edited March 2014
    sigh again..... glad im only messing with the freerolls as this is awful, have real sympathey for those with large amounts invested in games over the last few days
  • edited March 2014
    I know your doing ure Mod thing for Sky Tom but this is a joke. For the reason were gona end up losing players, Its started d/c again that's 3 times, and Sky customer chat has the front to say its all fixed.. As I type this its went again.. Site should be closed till its all sorted. After these games am off. Gl to all in Roller etc...
  • edited March 2014

good god

what is happening?

repeated disconnects on the tables.

also seems as though forum posts are dodgy too.

• edited March 2014
    We appear to be going through some turbulence.

This one looks different from before, the forum wasn't going down the last two days until the site was taken offline.  Please bear with it and if you have suffered a loss and wish to contact Customer Services, use the bottom left green link on this and all pages.
  • edited March 2014
    All other threads been hero closed... Trying to control the situation. Id strongly suggest updates of whats been done to fix it, or why the site cant be closed for a few hours for maintanance before peak time starts.. Im off till 8pm come back  see if anythings fixed, but a wont hold ma breath..
  • edited March 2014
    why doesn't sky put a post onto the general chat which can tell everyone once and for all what is really the problem and also give a warning each day if their is still a risk because even the regs are getting very frustrated with the site now.
  • edited March 2014
    As DivisDreams started on another thread I feel like him that a decision now needs to be taken and not run the site tonight. 
    We dont want to be losing players who be paying 110 to enter main and for this to happen. As hard a business decision it would be long term has to be best for site not to run the roller without being 100% sure the caught the problem.
  • edited March 2014
    getting worried now in the roller tonight and very concerning this keeps hppening
  • edited March 2014
    P.s Not having a go at you Tom.. Should be a Sky workers job.. laters all
  • edited March 2014
    GG main sat.

Oh well.  At this rate there won't even be a main tonight.

• edited March 2014

Bang on the money guys.. For the record im posting these comments on behalf of lots of players who said to me to do so... Back at 8 gl guys

• edited March 2014
    Disconnected so many times in the 3 freerolls beyond a joke!
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 23rd March (and previously 21st and 22nd March):
    P.s Not having a go at you Tom.. Should be a Sky workers job.. laters all
    Posted by DivsDreams
    I know mate, and I agree with a ton of what you say.  What I'm doing here not only gets all of the issues organised for the Sky Guys but it gets us organised as well, so we can come to a consensus with our comments and discussion.  You leave 20 threads with individual random issues and rants (some quite justifiable)  then no one looks at them, it just makes everything look ugly.

I haven't experienced any problems for the last 15 min or so, anyone else?  Like I said, I think the lag and problems a little while ago was a different problem, but probably directly related to yesterday's issue in one way or another.
  • edited March 2014
    In Response to Re: The Catch All Site Problems Thread 23rd March (and previously 21st and 22nd March):
    As DivisDreams started on another thread I feel like him that a decision now needs to be taken and not run the site tonight.  We dont want to be losing players who be paying 110 to enter main and for this to happen. As hard a business decision it would be long term has to be best for site not to run the roller without being 100% sure the caught the problem.
    Posted by MRBURNS4
    Hopefully there will be an announcement on this.  It's a big deal taking a site down on a Sunday, it's also a big deal if the site can't handle the traffic or has a bug which means tons of people are inconvenienced and have their poker hindered.  Personally I want to keep an eye on it for the next hour before losing confidence that things will work tonight but I thoroughly understand everyone's reservations.
  • edited March 2014
    Wasn't on during the mayhem on Friday night but today I've had a large part of my stack blinded down in the £22+2 early semi and subsequently didn't qualify. Is any compensation being given to affected players for these issues?