You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Hey Mr Sky Lee, I might be blind but is there a tourny for us to reg to for it? the one i saw a while back seems to have vanished

Also, are we allowed to back ourselves? ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Ok.  Now that's all cleared up.

Apart from the end of the promo where everything kinda fell apart, this has been one of the best promos sky have done.

With a few tweaks i'd like to see it happen every other month or something.

• edited April 2014
    Good luck to Final 6.

Overall this has been a good promo, so well done Sky.
  • edited April 2014
    Glad to see colluders being dealt with correctly. I hope all accounts related to said person are lifetime banned.

As above, apart from this bit of trouble it's been a great promo and hope it runs again.
  • edited April 2014
    Can I put money on Waooga please
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**:
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : ???? nothing dodgy going on with me. i sweat blood and tears to get there! is there going to be in running? that would be awesome!
    Posted by pocket9s

Lol.
  • edited April 2014
    Yes I don't know what the format is either... Assuming it could also be in the form or a DYM? 

Would be great to know a little about the final table (payout, structure). Also, im happy to 6 way split now? (Just trying to help the odds for my backers)

• edited April 2014
    well i hope its best price gtd cos ive backed alex at 4/1 and hes now 9/2 :-)

dont wanna keep raking this up but can anyone explain how a collusion would take place in a 6 max sng when players are aiming for 2 places prefereably a win to get the maximum roi. never cheated in my life other than at school so i wouldnt have a clue how to do this not that i plan on doing it haha, is it just a case of avoiding playing each other in hands?
  • edited April 2014
    I'm amazed Sky didn't go through this thoroughly before publishing the results and finalists.

But well done Sherlock (DTM)!
  • edited April 2014
    Scribbler the payouts are....

1st £1500
    2nd  £1100
    3rd £900
    4th £700
    5th £500
    6th £300
  • edited April 2014
    Payouts below - not sure of structure
    Gl all

1st £1500
    2nd  £1100
    3rd £900
    4th £700
    5th £500
    6th £300
  • edited April 2014
    Its in the MTT lobby now although being a 6 Max should it not be in the SnG lobby?
  • edited April 2014
    Well all this came about DTM got treated harshly, and it seems he was right.  Sky i mean no disrespect, but I really have to admit I'm amazed that a promotion with such a profile wasn't checked out before results where put out.  Guess at least its been sorted now. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    Well for all we know someone else in the top 6 could have cheated to get there. I'm not accusing anyone (and have no suspicons either) but the fact that one player was dq from it only because DTM posted here/contacted CC about it suggests to me that Sky haven't thoroughly checked out the results of everyone else.

Also why is there no official statement about it?

• edited April 2014
    Well all this came about DTM got treated harshly, and it seems he was right.  Sky i mean no disrespect, but I really have to admit I'm amazed that a promotion with such a profile wasn't checked out before results where put out.  Guess at least its been sorted now. 
    Posted by The_Don90
    There's nothing wrong with what he said and we have no objections to customers supporting us on this. However, as Tikay said, it's not for the forum.
  • edited April 2014

Here's the structure, starting chips are 2,000.....

110.00 / 20.007
    215.00 / 30.007
    320.00 / 40.007
    430.00 / 60.007
    540.00 / 80.007
    650.00 / 100.007
    775.00 / 150.007
    8100.00 / 200.007
    9150.00 / 300.007
    10200.00 / 400.007
    11300.00 / 600.007
    12400.00 / 800.007
    13600.00 / 1200.007
    14800.00 / 1600.007
    151000.00 / 2000.007
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Well for all we know someone else in the top 6 could have cheated to get there. I'm not accusing anyone (and have no suspicons either) but the fact that one player was dq from it only because DTM posted here/contacted CC about it suggests to me that Sky haven't thoroughly checked out the results of everyone else. Also why is there no official statement about it?
    Posted by F_Ivanovic
    I assume Sky have now checked all those in top 6.
  • edited April 2014
    well i hope its best price gtd cos ive backed alex at 4/1 and hes now 9/2 :-) dont wanna keep raking this up but can anyone explain how a collusion would take place in a 6 max sng when players are aiming for 2 places prefereably a win to get the maximum roi. never cheated in my life other than at school so i wouldnt have a clue how to do this not that i plan on doing it haha, is it just a case of avoiding playing each other in hands?
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Tons of ways you could do it.... I'd imagine ;) lol

1) He can just steadily dump chips off to his mate and so he effectively starts with twice as many chips as others.
    2) You can do stuff postflop to scare people out the pot. Like if Random A cbets, then Colluder B raises, and Colluder C cold 3bets, Random A is gonna fold pretty much 100% of the time, then the chips just go into the communal chips of the colluders that can be shiped over later in the game etc.
  • edited April 2014

...Anyway.....GOOD LUCK to ALL the finalists and I hope it is a good game for all playing and watching.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Tons of ways you could do it.... I'd imagine ;) lol 1) He can just steadily dump chips off to his mate and so he effectively starts with twice as many chips as others. 2) You can do stuff postflop to scare people out the pot. Like if Random A cbets, then Colluder B raises, and Colluder C cold 3bets, Random A is gonna fold pretty much 100% of the time, then the chips just go into the communal chips of the colluders that can be shiped over later in the game etc.
    Posted by Lambert180
    ah right that makes sence, the lenghts some will go to win a few quid. tut tut!!!!
  • edited April 2014
    Scribbler the payouts are.... 1st £1500 2nd  £1100 3rd £900 4th £700 5th £500 6th £300
    Posted by Lambert180

Thanks Lambert. 

Shame its not a little deeper. The way im running at the moment, i might need some extra chips to help the bad beats

• edited April 2014
    Can I put money on Waooga please
    Posted by scribbler
    I'm the clear outsider you sure lol?!

I'd be interested in how the odds are established - not to rant about my low standing! just genuine interest. I know its not my regular type of game being mainly a DYMer - so I assume that plays a big factor.

• edited April 2014
    come on scribbler take it down!
  • edited April 2014
    Can I just make it clear I have no financial gain here.

I wouldn't have mentioned anything without being very sure.

My main concern was sky continuing to run this great promotion and players continuing to get paid through cheating.

I still wish I hadn't said anything though.  In future CHILIE I will stfu......ok?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Thanks Lambert.  Shame its not a little deeper. The way im running at the moment, i might need some extra chips to help the bad beats
    Posted by scribbler
    75% ROI a slow fortnight for you then scribbler? ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Can I just make it clear I have no financial gain here. I wouldn't have mentioned anything without being very sure. My main concern was sky continuing to run this great promotion and players continuing to get paid through cheating. I still wish I hadn't said anything though.  In future CHILIE I will stfu......ok?
    Posted by Donttelmum
    I don't want to dredge all of this backup and I'm pleased normal business is resumed - but just for my own closure can you clarify who the 30/27 comment was directed at please? As you mention above you were very sure, however that one comment was tenuous and possibly open to miss interpretation.

I don't want to be like a dog with a bone but I hope it's appreciated the distress such accusations can cause.

• edited April 2014
    I was quite shocked to see how this thread developed and that a player was removed from the final table as a result of Sky investigating irregularities.

I would like to say congratulations and kudos to Donttelmum for raising his concerns. Yes I know it should not have been done on an open forum, but I think he also posted that he had raised it with CC but had no response (initially).

There would be calls for DTM to be banned and probably hung drawn and quartered if he was wrong so lets give him some credit for being right and having the guts to raise his concerns.

WELL DONE DTM!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : I don't want to dredge all of this backup and I'm pleased normal business is resumed - but just for my own closure can you clarify who the 30/27 comment was directed at please? As you mention above you were very sure, however that one comment was tenuous and possibly open to miss interpretation. I don't want to be like a dog with a bone but I hope it's appreciated the distress such accusations can cause.
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Not you. It obvious if you read the thread. I don't accuse innocent people either.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : I don't want to dredge all of this backup and I'm pleased normal business is resumed - but just for my own closure can you clarify who the 30/27 comment was directed at please? As you mention above you were very sure, however that one comment was tenuous and possibly open to miss interpretation. I don't want to be like a dog with a bone but I hope it's appreciated the distress such accusations can cause.
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Quite clearly aimed at pocket9s/bigflop hybrid person.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Not you. It obvious if you read the thread. I don't accuse innocent people either.
    Posted by Donttelmum

Edit 19:50 - Clearly credit is due to DTM for raising the issue and appologies for my jumping the gun. In way of explanation - I did honestly feel the post was levelled at me as I will be having DYM 30/27 written on my tombstone! That stat is a a pretty big deal for me and thats why it stood out. But as i said a few hours ago.....

Original Post

Thanks for responding - topic closed - put to bed - time to move on :)

Best Regards
  • edited April 2014
    I was quite shocked to see how this thread developed and that a player was removed from the final table as a result of Sky investigating irregularities. I would like to say congratulations and kudos to Donttelmum for raising his concerns. Yes I know it should not have been done on an open forum, but I think he also posted that he had raised it with CC but had no response (initially). There would be calls for DTM to be banned and probably hung drawn and quartered if he was wrong so lets give him some credit for being right and having the guts to raise his concerns. WELL DONE DTM !
    Posted by Enut
    +1.