You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**

Comments

• edited April 2014
    Well done Tommy on the post.

And atleast now the issue can be closed.

Pocket9's is paying the price for his actions.

• edited April 2014
    Good luck all tonight!! Nice one Tommy giving him the chance to explain even if it meant putting yourself in an awkward position. 
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**:
    Well done Tommy on the post. And atleast now the issue can be closed. Pocket9's is paying the price for his actions.
    Posted by LARSON7
    Pocket9s is the wife.

Keep up, mate ;)
  • edited April 2014
    Did you really get a PM Tommy?

Sounds like an elaborate scheme to get a two week holiday from modding ;)

Seriously tho, Wp for owning up even if it was after being caught. Most wouldn't bother so wp but yeah lifetime ban is the only fair consequence for colluding or multi accounting imo so gl on a new site.
  • edited April 2014
    Back to the real business!

I just want to say a massive GL to Paul "Jac35" Jackson in tonites final.

As a fellow "Old Man" i really hope you take it down for us old guys.

Good luck mate, you deserve it.
  • edited April 2014
    Im wishing and channeling all my Irish good luck to "WAOOGA"

As a small stakes player this will mean more to you than anyone.

Good luck sir.

• edited April 2014

Please can someone post up the final standings after the game. Cheers.
  • edited April 2014
    GL ALL 6...... but ESPECIALLY Jac35 who is under extra pressure tonight as I've had a small wager on him for extra interest.  ;-)
  • edited April 2014
    Did you really get a PM Tommy? Sounds like an elaborate scheme to get a two week holiday from modding ;) Seriously tho, Wp for owning up even if it was after being caught. Most wouldn't bother so wp but yeah lifetime ban is the only fair consequence for colluding or multi accounting imo so gl on a new site.
    Posted by Lambert180
    The guy has sent Tommy a confession to a crime. A site ban is not nearly significant enough of a consequence.

I really do hope that Sky's staff are willing to pass this and other evidence to the police. I don't expect them to tell any of us that they have done so, but this is why a clear, unequivocal company policy is required.
  • edited April 2014
    dont let me down chrisdboy, ive put good money on you.
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : The guy has sent Tommy a confession to a crime. A site ban is not nearly significant enough of a consequence. I really do hope that Sky's staff are willing to pass this and other evidence to the police. I don't expect them to tell any of us that they have done so, but this is why a clear, unequivocal company policy is required.
    Posted by BorinLoner
    Surely the Police have more important things to investigate rather than someone double-accounting a few small stakes on-line poker games?
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Surely the Police have more important things to investigate rather than someone double-accounting a few small stakes on-line poker games?
    Posted by FCHD
    Would you be saying that if you were Chrisdbhoy and had been robbed of your chance at £1500?

It's not a few small stakes games it's a £5k competition. Honestly, I may report this to the police myself if Sky are unwilling to offer assurances that they take these things as seriously as they should.
  • edited April 2014
    GL guys not the start i wanted. Great promo, thanks sky.
  • edited April 2014
    Wasn't far behind you Alex - hope it's not to long till the Skill n Go 2!
  • edited April 2014
    ul Alex, worra cooler :(
  • edited April 2014
    GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go collect your wages guys the good thing has won cough cough.
    Glad i didnt let you all down cant believe how many ppl put money on me. No pressure or anything!
    Donttelmum it seems its your lucky day too dude thank you ever so much and iv never been so happy to part with some money. Gamble landed.
    Well played to everybody in the final and thanks sky for running another excellent promo.

Chris

• edited April 2014
    Great game everyone.
    Well played all
  • edited April 2014
    chrisdboy120001£1500GSmith1302£1100scribbler03£900Jac3504£700WAOOGA05£500alex122906£300
  • edited April 2014
    Congrats to all 6 of you!  I made a few quid as well :)
  • edited April 2014
    GET IN THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Go collect your wages guys the good thing has won cough cough. Glad i didnt let you all down cant believe how many ppl put money on me. No pressure or anything! Donttelmum it seems its your lucky day too dude thank you ever so much and iv never been so happy to part with some money. Gamble landed. Well played to everybody in the final and thanks sky for running another excellent promo. Chris
    Posted by chrisdboy
    Congrats Chris and well played GSmith was a good HU to watch.

Back to my £1.15 DYM grinds - or may stretch to try some £3:30!! 
  • edited April 2014
    ul Alex, worra cooler :(
    Posted by diablo_pez
    Yeah bad times, sorry to all my backers. I play to win and with AQ on  AQ4 flushing board its hard to get rid. Never mind always next time !!
  • edited April 2014
    Well played all.. 

Not a great time to run card dead. So I'm pleased with the 3rd place.

Wp Chris
  • edited April 2014
    Now where is my prize for best name????
  • edited April 2014
    Congrats to all 6 of you!  I made a few quid as well :)
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    Cheers mate. :)
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Congrats Chris and well played GSmith was a good HU to watch. Back to my £1.15 DYM grinds - or may stretch to try some £3:30!! 
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Gerardirl quaking in his boots!!!. Brilliant effort to qualify from the stakes you play and best of luck if you do move up the levels.
  • edited April 2014
    come on scribbler take it down!
    Posted by daiw
    Cheers Dai
  • edited April 2014

big props to bigflop for owning up, hes still a cheat but ive gained a little bit of respect for him, as much of an idiot hes been it still takes a real man to apologise  and he didnt need to bother as hes banned for life, the silly things people do for money, its like anything in life, you get away with things for so long and eventually ur caught although he almost slipped threw the net until detective dontelmum got on the case wd sir. i do think hes been punished enough though and anyone suggesting getting the police envolved are going way over the top, let the plods get on with some real crime because they spend enough of there time locking people up for no reason.

but on a lighter note well played to all the finalists who made it. very good achievement!!!
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Guys Well this is great to come home to from work logging on to see am back in brilliant! Massive thanks to Donttelmum for noticing this and making Sky aware and sky for coming down on the cheats. I owe you one. As i feel now im on a freeroll considering yesterday i wasnt in the game if feel its only right to put the 6th place prizemoney on myself to win @ 7/2 (nice price) £60 of this i will put on for you Donttelmum to give you now an interest in this game considering you had nothing to gain from what you have done and make this v interesting if i win!  SKY Please let me know that this is allowed and i will place the bet. If not DTM i owe you a few rounds at the next SPT. Gl everybody in the final Chris
    Posted by chrisdboy
    tidy nights work. wp
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Gerardirl quaking in his boots!!!. Brilliant effort to qualify from the stakes you play and best of luck if you do move up the levels.
    Posted by SAV4BP
    Thanks SAV, looking forward to resuming normal busines and playing you on the PLO DYM tables.

I don't think Ger will be worrying! :), I'll probably go out of my confort zone and sit at one if his PLO8 DYM games soon as tip of the hat/aknowledgement of his support over the promotion.
  • edited April 2014
    big props to bigflop for owning up, hes still a cheat but ive gained a little bit of respect for him, as much of an idiot hes been it still takes a real man to apologise  and he didnt need to bother as hes banned for life, the silly things people do for money, its like anything in life, you get away with things for so long and eventually ur caught although he almost slipped threw the net until detective dontelmum got on the case wd sir. i do think hes been punished enough though and anyone suggesting getting the police envolved are going way over the top, let the plods get on with some real crime because they spend enough of there time locking people up for no reason. but on a lighter note well played to all the finalists who made it. very good achievement!!!
    Posted by THEROCK573
    Thanks THEROCKS.
    One thing that I wasnt so fond of with this promo is the fact that i was too scared to multitable my normal DYM games as i didnt want to ruin the ROI. So not really likely to gain good Roi.

From the perspective of a business, Sky lose a lot of rake as players like me, stop playing. And when they do, they drop from there normal £11/£55 buy ins to £1 games. Great promo (Because of my 3rd) but unless it creates a lot more action from new players or inspires old players to join in then I dont reckon it covers the loss (From a business point of view)