You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**

Comments

• edited April 2014
    I don't wish to overdo this but I would assume that Sky will be contacting any players that were innocent and lost money on the tables where collussion occured? I think this is normal when players are found to be colluding to the detriment of others but I may be wrong. This situation is far more complicated though - what if players lost out on a possible top six because of this?
  • edited April 2014
    Whilst I agree with everyone (and DTM himself) that this forum was not the correct medium to contact SKY with regards to allegations of cheating/collusion I applaud him for noticing it and pointing it out.  I also noted how quickly people jumped on the bad sportsmanship/sour grapes/bad etiquette bandwagon when he first addressed the subject.  As these people are no doubt pillars of virtue I can only assume they have PM'ed DTM with a message of apology for attacking his character and integrity and thanking him for investigating something in which he gained nothing from...
  • edited April 2014
    Bets placed.... C'mon Jacs or Chris take this mutha down!!  Have got Scribbs as a safety!
  • edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS**:
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : I'm the clear outsider you sure lol?! I'd be interested in how the odds are established - not to rant about my low standing! just genuine interest. I know its not my regular type of game being mainly a DYMer - so I assume that plays a big factor.
    Posted by WAOOGA
    Silly me - clearly says on the page....

"The odds are based on the players' overall lifetime performance and based on our Skill and Go promotion here"
  • ommomm
    edited April 2014
    pathetic post to accuse anyone of cheating to get into this skill and go final unless u have proof stfu and thats putting it nicely.................................
    Posted by CHILLIE
    Think Chillie should be publicly apologising to DTM after this post. 

Well done DTM on not standing for cheating, public forum or not things like this need dealing with and you had the bottle to do it. 

Finally I think Sky need to address how this has affected people that played on the same tables as the cheaters/ colluders and if refunds will be issued. Surely there are rules for this type of thing. Saying it's not for the forum when it affects the very people that post on that forum is not good enough unless the people affected have been contacted directly. Even then transparency as to how this has been dealt with has to be the way forward. Trust goes both ways. 
  • edited April 2014
    Edit two ofmy earlier posts

Re: New SnG promotion

posted at 15/3/2014 10:30 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com
    First: 14/8/2011
    Last: 1/4/2014
    Hi Sky thanks for running this promo.

I have a few queries. My main query is, is it total roi or average roi. If it's total roi as the formula suggests then I think you might have a big problem. One player wins a £50 game and then plays 29, 60pence games....huge total roi. Not so high average roi if they lose the 29, 60p games. If it is total roi hopefully this will be reworded as average roi so you can avoid this before it kicks off.

I agree also with most of the posts I think it should be best average roi over 30 consecutive games. Im pretty sure sharkscope has a tool that can display this (assuming your stats arent hidden).

Also am I right in presuming that six max also includes dyms?

Ger (not complaining just looking to imrpove :D)

Re: New SnG promotion

posted at 16/3/2014 1:48 PM GMT on SkyPoker.com
    First: 14/8/2011
    Last: 1/4/2014
    They sure do, collusion is a danger in this type of promo and if its total roi its very easy to collude into winning a £50 pound game , playing 29 very low stakes and making top 6 which will earn how much?

Hopefully sky will clear this up shortly.

Lets have two high fives for Ger!
  • edited April 2014
    Chrisdboy has this locked up!

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : ???? nothing dodgy going on with me. i sweat blood and tears to get there! is there going to be in running? that would be awesome!
    Posted by pocket9s
    lmao  luv it!!!
  • edited April 2014
    I have just seen what has been done, and now I am 7th, woe is me :-)
  • edited April 2014
    Does anyone know what the punishment for collusion/multi accounting is??, because I have reported a few people before who have openly admitted multi-accounting and most have been back playing after a few weeks, (some of which under new aliases though) Personally i think a life time site ban isnt too harsh surely as cheating cant be tollerated and it is only going to give the site a bad name.
  • edited April 2014
    no idea what the ban is but mores the question what should it be? id hit them in the pocket were it hurts the most cos if u ban them here theyl go elswhere and do it until eventually there caught and then they move on again until theres no sites left that will entertain there scummy little existance.
  • edited April 2014
    presuming the 2 players named have been banned and hopefully sky have confiscated  any money in theyre accounts!  just wondering if i could get it? lol

have too say well done too dtm he had the balls too follow through on what has been proven too have been cheating taking place on the site.

too many where willing too just fire off abuse at him instead of thinking too themselves why would he accuse someone of cheating for no reason? he had nothing too gain! hopefully a few of those people will be sending a pm too him, but i doubt it as by some of the comments i feel they maybe belong too the removed players friends.

yes he even knows and has said he should not have posted it here. but if that is what it took for action too be taken so be it .......... VWP and good luck
  • edited April 2014
    Thanks guys.  It's nice when people take time to offer some kind words.

Not heard an apology yet but thats not what I'm after.  I'm just pleased everything has been sorted and think its time to move on.  Well done to sky for taking appropriate action.

Thanks for the totps nomination GELDY.  Think it's my first ever!!  

Right, back to the mega grind....IPAD IPAD IPAD!

• edited April 2014
    Thanks guys.  It's nice when people take time to offer some kind words. Not heard an apology yet but thats not what I'm after.  I'm just pleased everything has been sorted and think its time to move on.  Well done to sky for taking appropriate action. Thanks for the totps nomination GELDY.  Think it's my first ever!!   Right, back to the mega grind....IPAD IPAD IPAD!
    Posted by Donttelmum
     I think Sky should just give you one!
    Nice work fella
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Guys

Well this is great to come home to from work logging on to see am back in brilliant!
    Massive thanks to Donttelmum for noticing this and making Sky aware and sky for coming down on the cheats. I owe you one.
    As i feel now im on a freeroll considering yesterday i wasnt in the game if feel its only right to put the 6th place prizemoney on myself to win @ 7/2 (nice price) £60 of this i will put on for you Donttelmum to give you now an interest in this game considering you had nothing to gain from what you have done and make this v interesting if i win! 
    SKY Please let me know that this is allowed and i will place the bet. If not DTM i owe you a few rounds at the next SPT.
    Gl everybody in the final
    Chris
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Guys Well this is great to come home to from work logging on to see am back in brilliant! Massive thanks to Donttelmum for noticing this and making Sky aware and sky for coming down on the cheats. I owe you one. As i feel now im on a freeroll considering yesterday i wasnt in the game if feel its only right to put the 6th place prizemoney on myself to win @ 7/2 (nice price) £60 of this i will put on for you Donttelmum to give you now an interest in this game considering you had nothing to gain from what you have done and make this v interesting if i win!  SKY Please let me know that this is allowed and i will place the bet. If not DTM i owe you a few rounds at the next SPT. Gl everybody in the final Chris
    Posted by chrisdboy
    Very nice gesture, I'm pretty sure you'll get a number of supporters, as well as DTM, for that. GOOD LUCK! 
  • edited April 2014
    Cat caught your tongue Chillie?
  • edited April 2014
    I've just been looking through the Betfair betting on the final table, looks to me as if one of the finalists maybe backing themself for a sixth place finish?

Can someone look into this?

• edited April 2014
    Thanks guys.  It's nice when people take time to offer some kind words. Not heard an apology yet but thats not what I'm after.  I'm just pleased everything has been sorted and think its time to move on.  Well done to sky for taking appropriate action. Thanks for the totps nomination GELDY.  Think it's my first ever!!   Right, back to the mega grind....IPAD IPAD IPAD!
    Posted by Donttelmum
    My pleasure mate
    I'd like to think I'd have the balls to do what you did but I'm such a wimp.
  • edited April 2014
    Cat caught your tongue Chillie?
    Posted by gerardirl
    lol
  • edited April 2014
    very nice gesture chris and well done to dtm sticking by his guns and making sky aware or chris would have lost out to the cheats

also chris I got you on to win tomoz gl
  • edited April 2014
    my money on chris 

GOOD LUCK!!!
  • edited April 2014
    Hi Guys Well this is great to come home to from work logging on to see am back in brilliant! Massive thanks to Donttelmum for noticing this and making Sky aware and sky for coming down on the cheats. I owe you one. As i feel now im on a freeroll considering yesterday i wasnt in the game if feel its only right to put the 6th place prizemoney on myself to win @ 7/2 (nice price) £60 of this i will put on for you Donttelmum to give you now an interest in this game considering you had nothing to gain from what you have done and make this v interesting if i win!  SKY Please let me know that this is allowed and i will place the bet. If not DTM i owe you a few rounds at the next SPT. Gl everybody in the final Chris
    Posted by chrisdboy
    Hi Chris,

Well done on (eventually) making the Final 6, & good luck tonight to you, & the other 5.

I'm not speaking "officially" here, but personally, I can see no reason why you should not be permitted to bet on yourself. And if you wish to donate some or all of the winnings to DTM, that's entirely up to you. It would, indeed, be a lovely gesture.

However.......(always a however, eh?)......

I would imagine, with 99% certainty, that stakes on this "Event" would be Restricted to fairly limited amounts. The market would be lacking liquidity, but to allow unlimited stakes would open the door to potential hanky-panky. And we've had enough of that already.

So I suspect you'll be limited to "sensible" sized stakes.

Anyway, good luck to you & the others this evening. It's been - until the last day or two - tremendous fun. Lets get back to that now.    

• edited April 2014
    Hey, I cant see anything in the lobby for this, is it just me, or has it not been put up yet?

Gracias
  • edited April 2014
    Hey, I cant see anything in the lobby for this, is it just me, or has it not been put up yet? Gracias
    Posted by alex1229
    Its in the MTT lobby

Unclick "Reg Only" filter
  • edited April 2014

It's quite an amazing thing, but it ALWAYS happens.

A bit of naughty business goes off, &, eventually, it gets sorted.

And then the recriminations begin. Fingers are pointed in all directions, sometimes deservedly, at Sky Poker, at DTM, at Chillie, da de da. Meanwhile, that deflects criticsim from where the problem began - those who messed about. That's just not right, really.

Lets look at a few things.

DTM. 

He's a good bloke, intelligent, sharp, & much respected. IMO, he should NOT have Posted on the Forum. He accepted that, & graciously apologized. I was amongst those who said it was wrong to Post on the Forum, & I don't retract that. Here, as you will see, we have a number of things that coincided to create a difficult spot, which explains why DTM made the 2 Posts. With the benefit of hindsight, maybe he'd do things different, I dont know. It's so easy to criticise via the rear-view mirror. I know a man who knows a man often works best.  

Chillie

Yes, Chillie's Post was a bit over the top, fair enough.

I don't "know" Chillie in real life. I have, however, played, literally, hundreds of PLO8 DYM's on the same table as Chillie. Before EVERY SINGLE ONE, Chillie types "Good Luck all" in the Chatbox, despite, I suspect, playing multi-tables at the time. Never once seen Chillie have a chat-box chunter after a bad beat, either. So this player, now being branded as a bit of an ogre, is actually, & usually, it seems to me, a very decent person.

I don't speak for Chillie, never met him (or her?), but something caused him to be a bit sharp to DTM, & I'm not here to explain or justify that.

It was not Chillie or DTM that caused all this hooting & hollering in the first place.

I hope it's time to move on, life's too short. And neither of them caused the problem.

Peace, bro, & all that.       

• edited April 2014
    In Response to Re: Skill & Go Final - Who will win? **WITH SKYBET ODDS** : Its in the MTT lobby Unclick "Reg Only" filter
    Posted by VespaPX
    Aha yes. Thanks
  • edited April 2014

And finally.......

You'd best read this quickly as suit City might not approve, & delete it, but here's how it panned out, from my perspective.

When I saw the 2nd Post by DTM which suggested hanky panky, I recognized that DTM is not a troublemaker, never been high-maintenance, & has a good rep here.

The timing was awkward, as I was about to go into rehearsal for the Show.

However, I immediately alerted the Suits to the Post, & explained the concerns. I had to then go Offline & do the Show.

Next morning, very first thing, they got back to me & said.....

1) As a matter of course, they were checking all the qualifiers, to ensure no hanky-panky. This can't really be seen in context until the Promo concluded, but WAS being done.

2) They HAD received the report by DTM which he had sent to CC. And so when the overall "final checks" were done, DTM's comments would be noted.

I don't know this, but I think left hand & right hand had a bit of a falling out here, as different Departments were acting independently. "Fraud" were finalising their checks, post Skill & Go completion, (perhaps unaware of the urgency?), but another Department, keen to announce the winners names, published the Final Six. On the face of it, it all sounds a bit silly, but these things happen sometimes in large organisations. I don't think anyone was deliberately negligent, (not that it's any of my business), it was just a timing thing. It should not have happened, of course. I don't know these things "as facts", I just suspect as much.

Meanwhile, those guilty of hanky-panky are getting less flak than these "collateral parties". 

Weird world, really. 

I hope that explains a few things. I'm into peace, & I just want the Super Six to enjoy tonight.

Lets's all wish them well, & look forward to a future renewal of Skill & Go, with a few tweaks based on feedback & experience.          
  • edited April 2014
    First of all, the very best of luck to the six guys playing tonight.  You all deserve it as it was a tough promo to top and you should be very proud.  I hope it's a great game tonight and I'm sure it will be quality viewing.

This next bit I have really hesitated and gone back and forth over.  Bigflop1 sent me a PM on facebook this morning.  He's told me he has a complete site ban, no playing, no forum.  He really wanted his friends on Sky and those who knew him to read this.

Remember, there is no point replying directly to BigFlop1, he's not gonna be coming here anymore.

The statement, C+P in full with no edit:

'my name is bigflop1 and my wife is pocket9s. we opened my wifes account some time back for me to teach her how to play the game. i have been playing on sky since around late 2007 and made many friends during live events and forum threads. I was very excited to play in the skill n go promo. after a bad start i realised that i was no longer in contention.. i had a rash/stupid idea that i could start again using my wifes account. After a good start now i made an even worse decision by thinking i could keep up this good start by playing on the table with two accounts to keep up my good roi. I saw stupid enough to see this as angle shooting/buying myself an advantage. The last thing i wanted/intended to do was to cheat and cause what i have . If you said to me two weeks ago i would be banned from sky poker for cheating i wouldnt have believed you as i have never cheated before and didnt think i was ever going to. anyway the reason im here is too say sorry o everyone i have let down and bye to the many friends i have made here on sky poker!

i could just walk away and forget this, but i believe people need to know the truth/apology/explanation! im really sorry and cant believe what i have risked. my favorite site for betting and poker.. but more importantly letting the friends i have made down. sorry'

As much as I could dress this up, I'm basically breaking a forum rule by posting this.  However, I don't know a person who hasn't made a stupid mistake and regretted it, in life as well as in poker.  I felt everyone has a right to a confession.  As such as I know I have broken a clear forum rule I will give myself a forum ban for a fortnight, no posting from me.  If an Admins wish to apply further contractions, of course that's fine as well.

Good luck again the guys tonight and all.
  • edited April 2014

Thanks for the cut and paste job, Tommy. Hard to believe this husband/wife combo would not have been spotted immediately by the Sky gurus.