You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £265.52)...9/9/14 Hoooray it's my birthday today.:
    In Response to £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £265.52)...9/9/14 Hoooray it's my birthday today. : u should go up a level when u have over 25 buy in.
    Posted by somecards1
    I could mate, as i did last time, but 1 bad session & all your good work is wiped out in 1 session, as I found out when I moved up to the £11 level on my 1st challenge....lost £129 that night & b/r went fron £229 back to £100
    I've learnt a lot from that challenge & this time I am taking the safer & build bit by bit approach, as  I showed when I was 'booking the wins' not too long ago.
    the £3 level is by far my best level & the one that gives me my best return, up untill now anyway, so that will be my best bet I feel.
    I will play a few £5 games when b/r hits £500 & see how that goes, but I won't be wasting my time staying there unless I can see some return for my effort straight away, as I did spend a lot of time there last time around which I could have put to better use playing the £3 games instead.
    anyway, hope that gives you some idea as to my thinking.
    not sure how long it's going to take me to complete it this time but I think it shouldn't be far off the 5 months the last one took me, although I am playing a lot less hours & days this time around & only a maximum of 6 tables compared to 12-18 most sessions last time, which I think is interesting, don't you think.
    edit[ just checked & it's now almost 3 months in,(started 14/6/14)  9/9/14 today...
    so maybe 5 months to finish is a bit optimistic, could be closer to 6 months, so next January time possibly, but it's hard to tell as I haven't hit the £3 level fully yet.{

• edited September 2014

Happy Birthday Dev, hope you're having a great one.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £265.52)...9/9/14 Hoooray it's my birthday today.:
    Happy Birthday Dev, hope you're having a great one.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thanks mate,
    just got back from a nice meal out with the family, which was lovely.
    no poker today now but back on it tomorrow hopefully.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £265.52)...9/9/14 Hoooray it's my birthday today. : Thanks mate, just got back from a nice meal out with the family, which was lovely. no poker today now but back on it tomorrow hopefully.
    Posted by devonfish5

Nice one, u deserve it.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £265.52)...9/9/14 Hoooray it's my birthday today. : Nice one, u deserve it.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Thanks mate,
    dev
  • edited September 2014
    day  88  tuesday  9/9/14   day off (my birthday)

day 89  wednesday  10/9/14  day off

day  90  thursday  11/9/14

£3  W  10   +£27.00
          L   4    -£13.20
                    ---------
                    +£13.80

£2   W  3   +£5.25
            L  7   -£15.75
                    ----------
                    -£10.50

WON  £3.30    B/R  £268.82   PTS  372

lost 5 times with big over pairs to big under pairs tonight, so not a bad overall result winning £3.30 I guess.
    anyway, still plodding away when I'm in the mood, so no worries as it is bound to go my way eventually too.

• edited September 2014
    day  91   friday  12/9/14

£3  W  2   +£5.40
          L   0   -£0.00
                    --------
                  +£5.40

£2  W  4   +£7.00
         L   0   -£0.00
                   ---------
                +£7.00

WON  £12.40   B/R  £281.22    PTS  390

did plan on playing longer but after the perfect 6-0 session, decided to quit & have an easy days play.

• edited September 2014
    day 92  saturday  13/9/14   day off

day 93  sunday   14/9/14   day off

day 94  monday  15/9/15

WON £14.50  SKY POKER PREMIERSHIP...

B/R  £295.72

nice bonus, thanks guys.

also got another b/r in progress at ***  started on zero & from a $2.xx freeroll win now built it up to $15.86 playing 1c/2c cash
  • edited September 2014
    day  95  tuesday  16/9/14

WON  £7.50     B/R  £303.22   PTS  435

can't seem to get right number of games up, but anyway, doesn't matter. played more £3 than £2 today
    & after losing my first 3 games I thought a losing session was on the cards, but kept cool played my normal game & came good when it matters, at the end.
    over £300 now so won't be too much longer before I hopefully drop the £2 games altogether & concentrate on the £3 games now right up untill we hit £500 then I'll possibly try a few £5's just to test the water, but no need to think about that too much, just yet :)
    I have been watching the £5's sometimes when not in the mood for playing, & making notes on players,  so am already thinking about what might be to come.no great conclusions as yet, some really good reg's obviously who I would be looking to avoid, if possible,  but not too much difference to the £3 games in general.

ps; already hit my target of £300 for this month, (winning over £80 so far), which i thought was always going to be easily achieavable with good run. 
    just shows how much easier it becomes once you get past the £1 level, where I played over 300 games back in July, & only managed to win £45.90 

• edited September 2014
    day  96  wednesday  17/9/14   day off

day  97  thursday   18/9/14

LOST  £30.70   B/R  £272.52   PTS   585

lost count of games won & lost tonight but it wasn't pretty reading anyway.
    1st loss for a while so no complaints.
    still going to play £3 & £2 games as still rolled ok for them.
    it's a minor set back but it really doesn't matter, we've been here & seen it all before.
    we enjoy the wins, we have to accept the losses which happen every so often, like tonight.
    as long as b/r has moved forwards at the end of the month that's all that matters.
    always think about the long term goal when you get nights like tonight, as they really don't matter in the grand scheme of things.
    I also remind myself that I'm over £3000 up in total since starting dym's 2&1/2-3 yrs ago, that helps ease the pain a bit, too.
    ps; just checked puts me back to where i was a week ago, 11/9/14 £268, can live with that.

• edited September 2014
    day  98   friday   19/9/14

LOST  £14.05    B/R  £258.47   PTS  630

I made it £9.95  but b/r is saying £14.05  :(
    another rubbish session, can't be bothered with games won/lost as it's not adding up right anyway.
    lost connection for a few minutes too, so allin all wasting my time atm.
    it will come good again so not overly bothered, just frustrating as am doing nothing wrong, just the run good has turned to run bad last two sessions.  still playing 6 tables of £3 & £2 games.
  • edited September 2014

Chin up Dev, you beat me in the two games we played yesterday! 

So u finished for today now right? I'll start my session then. ;-)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £258.47):
    Chin up Dev, you beat me in the two games we played yesterday!  So u finished for today now right? I'll start my session then. ;-)
    Posted by JingleMa
    Ha Ha  thanks mate,
    can't remember the last time I beat you two games running  lol ... if ever!!!
    yeah, hit a brick wall last 2 sessions, all been there i guess, so just have to play through it.
  • edited September 2014
    Don't worry Dev! I've had a few bad days this week too...we'll smash it next week! :)
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £258.47):
    Don't worry Dev! I've had a few bad days this week too...we'll smash it next week! :)
    Posted by mrsduck
    Thanks Mrs D  :)
  • edited September 2014
    day 99  saturday  20/9/14    day  off

day 100  sunday  21/9/14   day off

day 101  monday  22/9/14

BOOM  won £57.35

B/R  £315.82    PTS  £7.08  TO COME

9 TABLES £3 & £2  DIDN'T BOTHER KEEPING SCORE ON GAMES WON/LOST.

I think from memory this is my best win...EVER  but will check that out sometime  :)
    really needed this session after last weeks mini disaster.

YOU WERE SO RIGHT MRS D   WOOOHOOOO  LOL

• edited September 2014
    "Won £57.35"
    Awesome result. Very well played!
  • edited September 2014
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £315.82)...BOOM dev's back :):
    "Won £57.35" Awesome result. Very well played!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Thanks Gary,
    feeling better now i'm back in the £300's again after dropping to almost £250.
    even though i didn't do an awful lot wrong i felt when losing, it does knock your confidence a bit so nice to get it back on track today.

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £315.82)...BOOM dev's back :):
    Nice one Ian
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick,
    yeah, didn't see that one coming today, so chuffed to bits obviously.
    hope you are well mate,
    best wishes,
    Ian.
  • edited September 2014
    Muchos Congratulos Dev,

That much profit at those stakes is an awesome session. Very well played Sir.

BOOM
  • edited September 2014
    Muchos Congratulos Dev, That much profit at those stakes is an awesome session. Very well played Sir. BOOM
    Posted by SJspanky1
    Thanks SJ  :)...

post to follow 
  • edited September 2014
    Monday  22/9/14

11.20 pm

Feeling a little foolish now,
     after checking through my tables today, just to see win/loss results
    I then see at the bottom of final page, that I have been credited with £49.50 today, from week 6 of The poker premiership...
    which means my session today finished as a £7.85 win from my play & not £57.35 as I first thought & published earlier.

I did think it a little strange that i'd won so much as it didn't feel that good a session, but of course i wasn't keeping tabs of how I was doing, (which i normally do, but playing 8-9 tables today i didn't bother) so obviously after I  saw my final bankroll figure after playing, I naturally assumed it was all winnings, only to be gutted to now see the truth. :(

Anyway, I do apologise for my error, which of course can't be changed, but I would rather tell the truth about what has happened than lie to you all which of course I could have done. & saved face, but that's not my style, as I believe honesty is always the best policy... in poker and in life too.

Many thanks anyway for all your nice posts today, even though I now find I don't deserve them. :(
    anyway, what hasn't changed is my bankroll figure, that is correct...thankfully.

• edited September 2014
    You're still a hero Dev!!
    Hugs! xx
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £315.82):
    You're still a hero Dev!! Hugs! xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    awwww  bless :) x
  • edited September 2014
    doing great mate well done

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £315.82)...Eating humble pie for the next few days :(:
    doing great mate well done
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks mate,
    where u bin, not seen much of you recently, guessing u bin busy with house move, baby, etc...
    either that or yr now under the thumb & misses won't let u play, ha ha  :)
  • edited September 2014
    day  102  tuesday  23/9/14  day off

day  103  wednesday  24/9/14   day off

day  104  thursday  25/9/14

£3 & £2   WON  £4.50    B/R  £320.32    PTS  777

small w so happy with that as it's been a mixed day, losing internet connection earlier in the day didn't help matters.
    won tonight so all ends well.

• edited September 2014
    haha, yeah been a mental few weeks - I still dabbled but decided to give the challenge a miss as was not dedicated  - found myself playing too high a stake for my level so decided to take the lessons learnt from the challenge, with BR in tact decided to play just mtt and odd sng.

We move tomorrow so tonight my last day for a while until the new internet gets set up :-)

Love seeing your role and journey progress - amazing to see how much you can make from the game at low levels if patient
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £320.32):
    haha, yeah been a mental few weeks - I still dabbled but decided to give the challenge a miss as was not dedicated  - found myself playing too high a stake for my level so decided to take the lessons learnt from the challenge, with BR in tact decided to play just mtt and odd sng. We move tomorrow so tonight my last day for a while until the new internet gets set up :-) Love seeing your role and journey progress - amazing to see how much you can make from the game at low levels if patient
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Good luck with the move mate.
    glad you learnt from your diary anyway just how much good b/r management means in building a bankroll. maybe you'll go back to it or start another one, one day.
    yeah, it's pretty easy once you know what you are doing this dym malarky..even you can win a few so it must be,  ha ha.
    still happy with my progress even though i've had lots of days off...on my 1st challenge i only had something like 14 days off in almost 5 months, so it's a lot more relaxed this time around :)

anyway mate, see you soon no doubt, be lucky,
    dev