You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hi devon - Many, many thanks for all your help yesterday (Sat). I have another session going ATM but not started off great - lost in my sole £1 DYM when my AA's were cracked by Q9o (2prs)

Have dropped down to 60p DYM's atm with the first of these in Mid stages, 5 left, one player about to go bust tho with a mere 190 chips. Am equal footing with the next lowest so I need to be careful, and play well to cash.

Talk soon
    Gary
  • edited August 2014
    DAY  57  SATURDAY  9/8/14    DAY OFF
    DAY  58  SUNDAY    10/8/14    DAY  OFF

DAY  59
    Monday  11/8/14

£3  W  1  +£2.70
          L   1  -£3.30
                  ---------
                 -£0.60

£2  W  3  +£5.25
          L   0  _£0.00
                 ---------
                +£5.25

£1  W  1   +£0.85
          L   1  _£1.15
                 --------
                _£0.30

WON  £4.35    B/R  197.42     PTS  £3.11

Nice little session, nice to get the win after losing 1st £3 game, but the £2's were good to me today.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £193.07).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Hi devon - Many, many thanks for all your help yesterday (Sat). I have another session going ATM but not started off great - lost in my sole £1 DYM when my AA's were cracked by Q9o (2prs) Have dropped down to 60p DYM's atm with the first of these in Mid stages, 5 left, one player about to go bust tho with a mere 190 chips. Am equal footing with the next lowest so I need to be careful, and play well to cash. Talk soon Gary
    Posted by GaryLaud
    No worries mate, quite enjoyed watching you.
    run good,
    dev
  • edited August 2014
    day  60
    Tuesday  12/8/14

long session, lost count of games won/lost...

Lost  £1.90    b/r  £195.52    pts  £3.83

hard session, really pleased coming out only just down. live to fight another day tomorrow.
  • edited August 2014
    day  60
    Tuesday  12/8/14   part 2....

7.15pm £300 freeroll   12/302   WON  £3.90

B/R   £199.42

another great cash, hanging on & hanging on until the bitter end...again  lol

not quite at £200  but it's getting closer  :)
  • edited August 2014
    Why call your challenge 'Dev's 2nd DYM Challenge' if your including Freerolls and gambling on SkyBet??
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £199.42).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Why call your challenge 'Dev's 2nd DYM Challenge' if your including Freerolls and gambling on SkyBet??
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    I've had 1  darts bet which won me £20...
    had i lost that bet i would have lost £60 and gone from £100 back to £40. (so it was a calculated gamble, which paid off)

freeroll money is just that 'Freeroll'  everyone plays them & when you cash it gets added to your bankroll.
    i played in them on my last challenge & added any winnings to my bankroll then, so i don't really see it as a problem this time around.

maybe i should deduct my c4p winnings as well...
    although they did make up almost 1/3 of my winnings last time around.

anyway, it's my challenge & i can do what i want. if i can find a way to add to it like the odd bet that i fancy or from any freeroll winnings then i don't really see that i'm doing much harm. i think 90- 95% of my winnings or there abouts will come from playing dym's so that's why it's called 'Dev's 2nd dym challenge'

maybe if i do a 3rd challenge i might call it 'Dev's 3rd dym + sky bets & freeroll winnings challenge'

just to keep you happy  :)

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £199.42).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £199.42).... £2 & £3 games here we go. : I've had 1  darts bet which won me £20... had i lost that bet i would have lost £60 and gone from £100 back to £40. (so it was a calculated gamble, which paid off) freeroll money is just that 'Freeroll'  everyone plays them & when you cash it gets added to your bankroll. i played in them on my last challenge & added any winnings to my bankroll then, so i don't really see it as a problem this time around. maybe i should deduct my c4p winnings as well... although they did make up almost 1/3 of my winnings last time around. anyway, it's my challenge & i can do what i want. if i can find a way to add to it like the odd bet that i fancy or from any freeroll winnings then i don't really see that i'm doing much harm. i think 95% of my winnings or there abouts will come from playing dym's so that's why it's called 'Dev's 2nd dym challenge' maybe if i do a 3rd challenge i might call it 'Dev's 3rd dym + sky bets & freeroll winnings challenge' just to keep you happy  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Hahahahahahahaha

1-0 Dev

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £199.42).... £2 & £3 games here we go. : I've had 1  darts bet which won me £20... had i lost that bet i would have lost £60 and gone from £100 back to £40. (so it was a calculated gamble, which paid off) freeroll money is just that 'Freeroll'  everyone plays them & when you cash it gets added to your bankroll. i played in them on my last challenge & added any winnings to my bankroll then, so i don't really see it as a problem this time around. maybe i should deduct my c4p winnings as well... although they did make up almost 1/3 of my winnings last time around. anyway, it's my challenge & i can do what i want. if i can find a way to add to it like the odd bet that i fancy or from any freeroll winnings then i don't really see that i'm doing much harm. i think 95% of my winnings or there abouts will come from playing dym's so that's why it's called 'Dev's 2nd dym challenge' maybe if i do a 3rd challenge i might call it 'Dev's 3rd dym + sky bets & freeroll winnings challenge' just to keep you happy  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Big difference between 33% and 5% ;)
  • edited August 2014
    day  61
    Wednesday  13/8/14

£3  W  1  +£2.70
          L   0  -£0.00
                 ---------
                 +£2.70

£2  W  1  +£1.75
          L   0  -£0.00
                 ---------
                 +£1.75

£1  W  1  +£0.85
          L   1  -£1.15
                  ---------
                 -£0.30

WON  £4.15   B/R  £203.57   PTS  £3.91

GREAT SESSION, AIPF ON BUBBLE AQ V KK  GAME LOST

WOOOHOOO   £200 BARRIER BROKEN.... only just over £800 to go now  :)
  • edited August 2014
    day 62
    Thursday  14/8/14
    another painting to BRIGHTEN UP  your day...
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £203.57).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too:
    day 62 Thursday  14/8/14 another painting to BRIGHTEN UP  your day...
    Posted by devonfish5
    Picc's now up devon - Nice work! (How did you post up the picture? Could Ping me across a PM with instructions?)
    I've also pinged you a PM regarding my BR challenge and my thread...
    Regards
    Gary
  • edited August 2014
    thanks Gary,
    at the bottom of where we are now when writing a new post, there is a little tree next to the abc sign, if you click on that it gets you to the next step, where you go to your pictures library or whatever you have, then you choose your pic & press save, easy reasy.
    give me a shout if you need any more help.
  • edited August 2014
    awesome progress mate #standard ;')

• edited August 2014
    Dev

I've done a little post on Stuarts thread.
    It might seem that I'm getting at you, I'm really not.
    Just a different way of looking at things.
    Nice to get over £200 mate

Keep going
    Paul
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £203.57).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too:
    thanks Gary, at the bottom of where we are now when writing a new post, there is a little tree next to the abc sign, if you click on that it gets you to the next step, where you go to your pictures library or whatever you have, then you choose your pic & press save, easy reasy. give me a shout if you need any more help.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Don't know how often you check, but have replied to your PM!
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Dev

Been following your thread for a while. Congrats on the £200 barrier. Ignore those asking why you include freerolls bets etc, all goes/comes from the same pot. As im sure you are aware cash for points are crucial to building the roll.

Onwards to the £300!!
  • edited August 2014
    Dev I've done a little post on Stuarts thread. It might seem that I'm getting at you, I'm really not. Just a different way of looking at things. Nice to get over £200 mate Keep going Paul
    Posted by Jac35
    Thanks Paul,
    no worries mate, we all see things differently but the only thing that matters is the end result, ie; winning.
    it doesn't matter how you do it, & what works for one might not work for another.
    i've learnt so much from you jc & others & hopefully will continue to do so, & a lot of that learning has come from these discussions as well as from playing, so i thank you & everyone else for all your input & thoughts, really i do.
    best wishes mate.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £203.57).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too : Don't know how often you check, but have replied to your PM!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    ok mate, going there in a mo.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Dev Been following your thread for a while. Congrats on the £200 barrier. Ignore those asking why you include freerolls bets etc, all goes/comes from the same pot. As im sure you are aware cash for points are crucial to building the roll. Onwards to the £300!!
    Posted by hagisboy
    Many thanks hb,
    i'm way told in the tooth to care about what one or two people might think..
    there's only one thing on my mind, & that's getting to my target however it might come.  :)
  • edited August 2014
    day  62  thursday  14/8/14   day off

day  63  friday   15/8/14

£3  W  1   +£2.70
          L   1   -£3.30
                  ---------
                  -£0.60

£2  W  4   +£7.00
          L   0   -£0.00
                  --------
                  +£7.00

WON  £6.40    B/R  £209.97     PTS  £4.11

lost first £3 game so risked another & won. £2's went well, great session.

• edited August 2014
    day  63
    friday  15/8/14  part 2...

7.15pm £300 freeroll

29/283    WON  £2.31   B/R  £212.28

another cash, every little helps  :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £209.97).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too:
    day  63 friday  15/8/14  part 2... 7.15pm £300 freeroll 29/283    WON  £2.31   B/R  £212.28 another cash, every little helps  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    i also cashed for 6 quid,as tesco says every little helps! gl
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £209.97).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £209.97).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too : i also cashed for 6 quid,as tesco says every little helps! gl
    Posted by Ikelly
    Thanks mate, 
    well done you. :)
  • edited August 2014
    Going well fella.
    Keep up the good work.
    Always nice to see someone get results playing slightly against what is standard abc poker.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £212.28).... includes sky bets & freeroll winnings :).. oh, & c4p too:
    Going well fella. Keep up the good work. Always nice to see someone get results playing slightly against what is standard abc poker.
    Posted by day4eire76
    Many thanks Patrick mate.
  • edited August 2014
    day  64
    saturday  16/8/14

£3  W  1   +£2.70
          L   1   -£3.30
                  ---------
                  -£0.60

£2  W  4   +£7.00
               1  -£2.25
                  ----------
                 +£4.75

WON  £4.15    B/R  £216.43    PTS  £4.32

same as y'day, lost first £3 game   good old £2's came good again.
  • edited August 2014
    day 65
    Sunday  17/8/14  'bingo day'

7.15PM £300 FREEROLL  19TH    WON £2.76

B/R  £219.19

went for the win though... all-in as tournament leader on around 23,000 chips with 77 on 235 flop...ejut had A4  meh.
    would have put me on 30,000 chips and double 2nd place at the time  :(
    no regrets though.. min cash with my bankroll now means little, even though i'll take them...
    every little helps.  :)

• edited August 2014
    day  66
    Monday  18/8/14

£3  W  0    +£0.00
           L  4   -£13.20
                   ---------
                   -£13.20

£2  W   15   +£26.25
          L    18   -£40.50
                    -----------
                    -£14.25

LOST  £27.45    B/R  £191.74    PTS  £5.43

whoooops.  got off to a bad start, can usually grind it back but things didn't go my way tonight.
    first really bad session so no complaints, i've run pretty well so far, and i know the dangers so i'll get over it by tomorrow.
    it could have been worse has i been stubborn & continued with the £3 games, so at least i'm happy with my discipline shown there.
    the £2's were a struggle too, but managed to keep the loss to about the minimum i could have hoped for, as i managed to at least win a few towards the end of the night.
    i'll check in a mo, probably puts me back about a week or so.(10 days in fact 8/8/14 £191.xx)... no worries though as i know i'll get it back.
    it's not going to be my last big loss on this journey so i'll live with it.
    maybe a 'stop loss' plan could be introduced so this doesn't happen again, i'll have to give that some more thought. anyway...
    I'm still up by £151.74 from my original £40, so it's not so bad when you look at the big picture, is it.