You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £138.20).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Hi Devon! GL with your continuing endeavours which I have my eyes on with a lot of interest! When you do a session how many tables are you playing at once? I find my max is two ATM, otherwise I feel I can't concentrate on the game properly and make silly mistakes or miss hands or misclick when involved in a big hand on another table! Once folded K K that way! Also how uch did u start with and what games you play first? Regards Gary 
    Posted by GaryLaud
    That's a pretty sweet rubdown Gary, wp.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £138.20).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Hi Devon! GL with your continuing endeavours which I have my eyes on with a lot of interest! When you do a session how many tables are you playing at once? I find my max is two ATM, otherwise I feel I can't concentrate on the game properly and make silly mistakes or miss hands or misclick when involved in a big hand on another table! Once folded K K that way! Also how uch did u start with and what games you play first? Regards Gary 
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Thanks Gary,
    i'm playing between 4 & 6 tables at the moment. all depends what games i'm playing.
    i started this challenge with £40 and will stop at £1,040.
    if i'm playing say £1 games as i have been doing for the first 5-6 weeks, then it's usually 4 tables, with 2 x £2 also.
    as i've just moved up to the £3 games i'll now be playing 1 x £3 & 3 x £2 to begin with & see how those 4 games go. if i win the £3 game & 2 or all 3 £2 games, i'll stop & book the win.
    if i lose the £3 game then i'll load up another 2 games & if i win both i'll also stop.
    if like the other night i go 3 or 4-0 down, it then becomes a case of damage limitation, and getting out of the session once i've decided enough is enough.
    so every session is different really but as my b/r grows.. hopefully, then i can increase the length of each session, should i choose to and i would then play 6 tables, which i'm setting as my maximum this time, as playing any more than that takes a lot of concentration & effort, which can also lead to 'burn out' too.

if you are playing 2 tables you should try adding a 3rd sometime which will then lead you to the 4th.
    it really is only a matter of practise & once you get used to it, which should come quite quickly a matter of hours or days at the most, then you will increase your winnings.
    i would say 4 to 6 tables should be every dym's players aim.
    yes you will make a few mistakes to begin with ... like folding kk, etc  :) done it myself on more than one occasion, but you soon get used to the speed of playing them & once you can do it, you will never look back.
     gl mate,
    dev

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £138.20).... £2 & £3 games here we go. : That's a pretty sweet rubdown Gary, wp.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ha Ha... I'm a big boy, I can take it :)
  • edited August 2014
    day  52
    Monday  4/8/14

£3   W  1   +£2.70
           L   0   -£0.00
                   ---------
                  +£2.70

£2  W  6   +£10.50
          L   4   -£9.00
                  ---------
                  +£1.50

WON  £4.20   B/R  £142.40    PTS   £1.64

nothing very exciting, nice to get the win & move forwards.
    keeping with the game plan where if i win first £3 game, stop, then play the slightly easier £2 games.
    once i get to £200 i'll feel more comfortable with playing more £3 games & gradually reducing £2 games.
    one step at a time though for now.

• edited August 2014
    Hi Mate

Good progress I see

Hopefully I will be seeing you at the tables soon - we manage to miss each other a lot - can not be a bad thing haha

When do you think the £5 starts?  I was going to stay away from them for as long as possible - just not confident that a few bad sessions and can easily loose a months graft!

Think my plan of attack is to keep pushing the £2 and £3 and chuck in odd mini mtt

Well done and run well mate
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £142.40).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Hi Mate Good progress I see Hopefully I will be seeing you at the tables soon - we manage to miss each other a lot - can not be a bad thing haha When do you think the £5 starts?  I was going to stay away from them for as long as possible - just not confident that a few bad sessions and can easily loose a months graft! Think my plan of attack is to keep pushing the £2 and £3 and chuck in odd mini mtt Well done and run well mate
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Hi Nuggs,
    yeah, deffo avoiding each other is a good thing, ha ha
    I hate seeing a grown man cry over losing money  lol
    Deffo advise you to keep away from the £5 games too. think you are spot on playing £2 & £3 games for now.
    I struggled with them on my last challenge & gave up on them in the end, just played the £3 games for the last month or two, and did better that way.
    I have found a good stategy this time around & will stick with it throughout my challenge, that being just play one higher level game, that being £3 atm if i win that game, stop. then play the easier £2 games for the rest of the session.. as last night.
    if i lose that £3 game load up another 2 if i win those 2 then stop at 2-1 up & in profit.
    obviously this isn't going to work every time, but it should at least 2 times out of 3 i reckon, thus giving me an easy session & the win most times.
    I'll try it at the £5 level also, when i'm rolled & ready for it too.... probably around the £300- £400 i reckon.

anyway mate, just a little insight into my strategy & game plan.
    think yours is good too btw, & with playing mtts too, you will deffo beat me to the £500 target, but i think i'll beat you over the longer distance to £1,000.  ha ha  ... well maybe?  lol
    run good mate,
    dev
  • edited August 2014
    day  53
    Tuesday  5/8/14

£3  W  2   +£5.40
          L   2  -£6.60
                 ---------
                 -£1.20

£2  W  8   +£14.00
          L   3   -£6.75
                   --------
                  +£7.25

WON  £6.05    B/R  £148.45   PTS  £2.10

received July c4p of £6.22

B/R  £154.67

struggled early doors losing on the bubble with ak v a6 etc, but continued to play my game, which resulted in a nice win in the end. if my ak had held i would have finished 2&3/4 hours ago with a £3 odd profit, so i guess it worked out fine in the end.

• edited August 2014
    day  54
    Wednesday  6/8/14

£3  W   1    +£2.70
          L    0   -£0.00
                    ----------
                    +£2.70

£2  W   2    +£3.50
          L    1    -£2.25
                    ----------
                    +£1.25

WON   £3.95    B/R   £158.62     PTS  £2.19

perfect session... almost. only game i lost had player dominated hit his 3 outer, so nice easy night tonight.
  • edited August 2014
    DAY  54
    Wednesday  6/8/14

Information

Tournament ID: 9765709

Status
    Closed
    Start Date/Time
    19:15
    Current Prize Pool
    £300
    Buyin + Fee
    £0 + £0
    Description
    £300 is up for grabs in this Free Cash freeroll! Only players that have earned 10 Poker Points in the past 24 hours may register. 5 minute blinds, late registration open until the end of level 4.

Chip Stacks

Starting
    Largest
    Smallest
    Average

Rebuys and Addons

Rebuys
    none
    Addons
    none

Players

Players Remaining: 0 / 329

https://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); background-attachment: initial; background-color: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px -2325px" scope="col">Player Namehttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); background-attachment: initial; background-color: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 100% -2380px" scope="col">Chipshttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); background-attachment: initial; background-color: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px -2325px" scope="col">Rankhttps://www.skypoker.com/img/site/tabs.png'); background-attachment: initial; background-color: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; background-position: 0px -2325px" scope="col">Prize

longshotmp6580001£78
    RONALDO8002£45
    devonfish503£27.30
    Deerstalke04£21.90
    angus194605£18.60
    BLAIRSALT06£15.30
    stanic22207£12
    TINMAN7508£9
    Killswitch09£6
    dogcharlie010£6
    stuarty117011£3.90
    littlelou012£3.90
    wynne1938013£3.90
    keczmo014£3.03
    GCDF015£3.03
    wolley016£3.03
    musgrave05017£3.03
    goldnballz018£2.58
  • edited August 2014
    Sorry boys, I let you down ... ONLY 3rd   :(

BANKROLL   £185.92
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Devon - VWP in your MTT Cash tonight! What sort of times during the day are you playing? I want to share a DYM with you, perhaps watch one or two and have you watch me, so we can share some ideas and perhaps have you comment on where you think my play is at - I THINK, I'm playing really well ATM and I just banked myself a 3/3 session on the 60p tables tonight. Am also going well elsewhere, but are out of $ currency atm but will reload this once my account I use to refil that site has been credited with a payment I'm awaiting.

I've asked a question on my own thread - here's the link to it:-

• edited August 2014
    Thanks Gary,
    i have no set times as it all depends if i'm working or more likely now painting, ha ha. but usually around 5-6.30pm is a good time for me to start.
    how's your b/r now? once we know that then we can work out a stategy plan for you.
    also how many tables are you playing? 1 or 2 i'm guessing. 
    give me a shout Gary when you next play & i'll watch you.
    you can always watch me & other players by typing in their names in the 'find a player' box.
    you should do this as it's a great way to learn for free & also you should watch the £1 games too & make notes on as many players as you can, these are going to be the players you need to beat next, so you can then move up to the next levels £2 & £3 which should be your aim long term.
    if you want to be a winning player all these things will help you become one. it won't happen over night either, it takes 100's if not 1000's of games practise, then it suddenly all clicks & falls in to place, well it did for me anyway.
    1 day i just played & it was just as if i could see my opponents cards, it really became that simple.
    of course we can never know when a bad run might come but then we just drop a level or two & go back to the £1 level, where our losses become less hurtfull and we try and get our confidence back again..
    and yes i've done it...more than once.
    good luck mate,
    dev

• edited August 2014
    day 55
    Thursday  7/8/14

Had time to reflect on y'days freeroll, & concluded 3rd was a good result from the position i was in when around the bubble, where i was almost last & simply trying to achieve a min cash of £2.05 i think it was.
    could have been more aggressive when down to the last 7 or so, i guess, when i was chip leader,  but that's easy to say now , but as i'm no great tournament player with little experience here, i can't be to critical of how i played it.
    i played it how i thought best at the time but next time i will try & up the agression factor for sure, as i can see now how difficult it must be for a player to call an all-in shove pre-flop by me, but to be fair i didn't pick up many if any good hands at that time, even though you probably don't need them to get it through anyway, as it would probably need a premium hand against you for them to call you anyway.

anyway 3rd is 3rd & better than 4th, & £27 is a lot of £1 dym wins,  ha ha.

ok, so now that's out the way, its back to the daily grind, well when i say grind playing possibly 4 games 
    doesn't really count does it.  :)
    can't believe i'm almost at £200 already as it seems only a few days ago that if my Van Gewin bet had lost, i would be back at £40 again, and starting from scratch. funny how things can go sometimes, isn't it.

ok, so here's another painting for you. did this one 2 days ago, it's an ink sketch of a Mallard duckling & watercolor. took me about an hour and a half to do.,
    hope you like it...

• edited August 2014
    Awww... QUACK!
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014
    Excellent results Dev £40 - £185 in about 7 weeks just shows  how excellant BR management  a good stragety patience and good play. Well done I'm impressed 

Book the win!

Spinky 

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £185.97).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Excellent results Dev £40 - £185 in about 7 weeks just shows  how excellant BR management  a good stragety patience and good play. Well done I'm impressed  Book the win! Spinky 
    Posted by spinky6108
    Thanks mate.  book the win to follow,  lol
  • edited August 2014
    day 55
    Thursday  7/8/14

£3   W  1   +£2.70
           L   0   -£0.00
                  ---------
                   +£2.70                        (bankroll should have read £185.92    not £185,97)

£2   W  3   +£5.25
           L   0  -£0.00
                   ---------
                  +£5.25

WON  £7.95    B/R  £193.87    PTS   £2.34

now that was the perfect session, nice short night after last nights freeroll antics.
  • edited August 2014
    the bankroll coming along nicely mate wp and keep it up :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £193.87).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    the bankroll coming along nicely mate wp and keep it up :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Thanks William.
  • edited August 2014
    day 56
    Friday  8/8/14

£3   W   0    +£0.00
           L    2    -£6.60
                     ---------
                     -£6.60

£2   W  6   +£10.50
           L   3   -£6.75
                    --------
                   +£3.75

£1   W  5   +£4.25
           L   3   -£3.35
                    ---------
                   +£0.90              (10P adrift somewhere, b/r is right )

LOST   £2.05     B/R  £191.82    PTS   £2.83      

Tough session losing both £3 games, so decided to take my medicine & grind out the £1 & £2 games.
    so happy losing just £2 in the end.
    what i learnt from my last challenge especially, was how you can easily lose a large ammount of money by being stubborn & continuing to chase back what starts off as a smallish loss, but can then become a big loss that we could have avoided, as i've potentionally just done.
    it is hard to do though, and seeing the danger signs early is the key here, as i did after losing the 2 x £3 games.
    yes, i could win the next 1 or 2 games of course, but sometimes it just isn't your day & the baddies have their day against you, which is fine, because if they didn't win at all, they would never play you would they.  lol
    laters,
    dev

• edited August 2014
    Hi Dev
    Nice going so far.

Do you find that you can win/lose more at certain times of the day or do you just play when you can regardless?

Gl GL
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £191.82).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Hi Dev Nice going so far. Do you find that you can win/lose more at certain times of the day or do you just play when you can regardless? Gl GL
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick,
    that's a good question mate.
    i did go through a spell on my last challenge where i just couldn't win during the day, and this really did annoy me come the end. mind you a certain johnconnor was on my £3 & £5 tables at that time, so that obviously didn't help.  lol
    at the moment i'm playing when i fancy, but i do like playing before 7pm if i can as this is when all the regs are starting or already playing.
    so a good time for me is between 5-6.30pm i have found, & i am winning most sessions at those times.
    mind you i am booking the wins so that is also a factor why i'm winning so often.
    i could play longer sessions & more tables but as i found out last time it's a long slog & i've learnt from that, so i'm now plodding along just like the 92 year old London marathon runner who isn't interested in coming 1st 2nd or even in the top 15,000... whe're just aiming to finish...
    hopefully sometime before xmas   lol

• edited August 2014
    day  56
    Friday  8/8/14  part 2...

£2   W  2   +£3.50
           L   1   -£2.25
                   ---------
                   +£1.25

WON £1.25   B/R  £193.07   PTS  £2.92

nice easy session, got a bit back from earlier. not in the mood, early night.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Devon,
    Finally got my deposit done, after some shenanigans trying to get sky to work with my card, and are starting out just over £50 thanks to £1.80 I already had left and a £5 bonus to my test deposit yesterday!

Played the "£1" games to start off with, and OH HELL! What a session - very swingy momentum in the first game of the night, and then the 2nd & 3rd I could barely catch any sort of break at all, and ended up with a 0-3 scoreline!

NOT the debut I intended and it seems I just cannot get that "Monkey" off my back in terms of trying to beat the £1 games, as I found them VERY VERY hard the last time I played them, when I was very low and proceeded to wipe a full 3rd of my BR away in 1 session playing them!
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Gary,
    the £1 games are a step up from the 60p games & what you might get away with at the 60p level you won't at the £1 level.
    I've posted in your diary on this.
    good luck mate,
    dev
  • edited August 2014
    Great thread Devon, keep it up and good luck.

Ger
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £193.07).... £2 & £3 games here we go.:
    Great thread Devon, keep it up and good luck. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks mate.
  • edited August 2014
    day  57
    Saturday  9/8/14

time for another painting...
    did this about a week ago...
  • edited August 2014
    Just lost in 10am freeroll aipf AK V A5  runner runner to give ejut  run...

still never mind hey. I'm now playing 'catch the fly' well catch the 2 flies actually...

"If I can achieve that... I can achieve anything."   ha ha.