You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £89.92) playing £1 games only...still.:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £89.92) playing £1 games only...still. : Thanks Paul, appreciate you taking the time & effort to post mate. yes, i know what you are saying is right and yes i should be doing what is mathematically the right thing to do...long term, which i probably do 90%+ of the time, or i'd like to think i do anyway. we are talking about 1 occasion here and at the £1 level at that. of course at the £5 £10 levels it's a diferent game as it is between nl4 & nl50 at cash. i think i've explained my reasons why i did this in my above post so no need to go over it again. the point here is i've lost 4 games in a row playing kk and yes, i'm upset over it, so i've decided to not go aipf with them for  one game here & probably the next few days or so, or however long i decide.
    Posted by devonfish5
    Christ, I'm tempted to start playing some low stake DYM's if I know you're just gonna bin KK pre for the foreseeable ;)

I don't know you as such, but I know you're an experienced player. These KK comments are the type of thing you'd expect to read from a new player to the game who can't handle Ax getting there.

I'd hazard a guess that not getting KK AIPF in any format of the game (without very concrete reads, and the odd exception), would be a leak.

Good luck regardless :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £89.92) playing £1 games only...still.:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £89.92) playing £1 games only...still. : Christ, I'm tempted to start playing some low stake DYM's if I know you're just gonna bin KK pre for the foreseeable ;) I don't know you as such, but I know you're an experienced player. These KK comments are the type of thing you'd expect to read from a new player to the game who can't handle Ax getting there. I'd hazard a guess that not getting KK AIPF in any format of the game (without very concrete reads, and the odd exception), would be a leak. Good luck regardless :)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    thanks hhyftftdr
    You are most welcome to join me mate,  ha ha.
    i'm not getting in to the kk thing again, i've said my reasons, and that's that.

• edited July 2014
    Just as a last thing Dev....

If a player came up to you and said they'd folded KK pre in the first level of a DYM because they'd lost the last 4 times they had KK....what would be your advice for that player?

PS. The paintings are cracking! My drawing is about as good as my poker ;)
  • edited July 2014

I would,

At least call the 100 chips to see a flop.

But I would def re raise to around 300 or 400, if villan then shoves I call all day long. If he has AA I just shrug shoulders and reg for another. A? you are 80% fav.

From my experience some people think AQ, AJ, AQ, 1010, JJ are the nuts

If you had QQ I would even see a flop with this hand, also notes very important. 

Anyway, nice going dev coming along nicely. By the way you can still use the old tables if you want. I use them find them much more stable.

Love the pics

• edited July 2014
    i once turned £1040 into £40 and i did a darn sight quicker than you. hahaha. how do you feel now, fish?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £93.02) playing £1 games only...still.:
    Just as a last thing Dev.... If a player came up to you and said they'd folded KK pre in the first level of a DYM because they'd lost the last 4 times they had KK....what would be your advice for that player? PS. The paintings are cracking! My drawing is about as good as my poker ;)
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Good question, & thanks re my paintings.

fold them for the next 4 games & see how you get on?... maybe  :)

i don't know, it's a hypothetical question, isn't it, and who am i to give advice to anyone.
    I'm just a low level dym player who just happens to be able to win a few bob due to having played  lots & lots of dym's in the past, and found a winning formula that works for me, if that included folding kk pre-flop, then so be it. as to how long it lasts is anyone's guess, and only I will know, unless it happens to leak out.  :)
    it could last a few days or weeks, I will decide if & when i play them again.
    I had the KK debate 2 years ago on my last challenge with Dohhh & Lambert180 mainly, where i went through folding KK pre-flop, after a bad run of losing with them, not dissimilar to now, and I made my feelings clear then & that hasn't changed.
    I don't particularly care what anyone else thinks on the matter now, as I know what they think anyway, as they went out of their way to tell me, & I don't suppose they really care about what i think either, or what i do with them.
    i'm playing dym's at the kiddies level & winning, what's the big deal about me folding KK pre-flop... 1 time.
    I could train my cat 'Tilley' to win at this level if i wanted to...probably be better with the mouse too,  ha ha
    I play my way and always have and always will. this post will hopefully be my last on this subject. I am here for one reason and that's to win a thousand pounds...hopefully,  not to justify how i play my kk or any other hands.
    I hope this doesn't come across too badly, and I am not out to offend anyone, either yourself Dohhh or Lambert180 or anyone else, who know more about poker than I ever will, but it's not them paying my £1.15 entry money each game, it's not them folding kk pre-flop, it's all about me, isn't it.  It's not them going through my pain of losing 4 games in a row to the premium hand killer which is AX. I know i'm wrong to fold them statistically, but i'm not a statistic... i'm a number & that number is number 5.
    Devonfish5.

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £93.02) playing £1 games only...still.:
    I would, At least call the 100 chips to see a flop. But I would def re raise to around 300 or 400, if villan then shoves I call all day long. If he has AA I just shrug shoulders and reg for another. A? you are 80% fav. From my experience some people think AQ, AJ, AQ, 1010, JJ are the nuts If you had QQ I would even see a flop with this hand, also notes very important.  Anyway, nice going dev coming along nicely. By the way you can still use the old tables if you want. I use them find them much more stable. Love the pics
    Posted by stuarty117
    Thanks Stuart, (guessing that is your name mate.)
    yeah, i could call the 100 even re raise as you say, but then i'm kind of in the hand aren't I.
    I am just fed up atm of losing what is the second best hand from 169 to the bull that is ax
    yes, i know all about statistics, etc, but come on losing four in a row, it's bull & you know it.

re the old tables, thanks for telling me as my pc or mouse specifically is all over the place atm, and that's playing just 6 tables.
    do i need to do anything to get the old ones up mate?

• edited July 2014
    i once turned £1040 into £40 and i did a darn sight quicker than you. hahaha. how do you feel now, fish?
    Posted by robertod
    Gutted,  ha ha
  • edited July 2014
    Think my worst is 10 in a row at 5.50s. but you can easily win 10 in a row also.

Old Tables: -

Click on help support on new table above chat window
    scroll down
    click problems with new tables

A message will come up asking if you wanna use old tables click yes and that's it.

Table will close so you might have to re open it, but when you reg for other games they will auto open in old format.

If you delete cookies at anytime, new tables will start opening again, you will have to go through them steps again.

gl
  • edited July 2014
    Going along nicely Ian well done.

Paintings are very good aswell .

Run good fella
  • edited July 2014
    Think my worst is 10 in a row at 5.50s. but you can easily win 10 in a row also. Old Tables: - Click on help support on new table above chat window scroll down click problems with new tables A message will come up asking if you wanna use old tables click yes and that's it. Table will close so you might have to re open it, but when you reg for other games they will auto open in old format. If you delete cookies at anytime, new tables will start opening again, you will have to go through them steps again. gl
    Posted by stuarty117
    Thanks mate, i'll look in to it tomorrow.
    what 10 in a row losing with kk v ax?
  • edited July 2014
    Going along nicely Ian well done. Paintings are very good aswell . Run good fella
    Posted by day4eire76
    Thanks Patrick mate,
    hope you are good mate,
    dev

bit of a lively old day today... just like old times,  ha ha.
  • edited July 2014
    day 41
    Thursday  24/7/14

after yesterdays events think we need some calm & normality today, so posting another painting.
    did this one a month or two back...
    let's go mad, and have another...
  • edited July 2014
    day 41
    Thursday  24/7/14

£1   W  5   +£4.25
           L   1   -£1.15
                   --------
                   +£3.10

WON  £3.10   B/R  £96.12   PTS  £5.40  to come

another nice mini session, just need to keep it going now i'm back close to £100... again.

ps; I am now playing on the old tables mainly in mini-view when i have 6 tables running, and as theres is no chat box on these tables If I am not chatting away to any of you, this will be the reson why, so just thought i'd let you know in advance.

• edited July 2014
    day  42
    Friday  25/7/14

£1   W  5    +£4.25
           L   1    -£1.15
                     ----------
                    +£3.10

WON  £3.10   B/R  £99.22   PTS  £5.52  to come.

another 6 games, my usual. highest b/r to date. looking forward to playing £2 level shortly...hopefully  :)
    old tables seemed to be better then the new regarding how my mouse was reacting, no problems today... hoooray.
    Thanks again Stuarty117 :)
  • edited July 2014
    Hey dev m8.Good to see you aint goin backwards.No sweat lad.Lovely day in old nireland.26 degrees at one point.Out back with the family,cold berr in hand and the weeman in the pool,(got licence from the wife for a few today lol)
    Be good m8
    Paul
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £99.22) playing £1 games only...still. 2 more paintings added.:
    Hey dev m8.Good to see you aint goin backwards.No sweat lad.Lovely day in old nireland.26 degrees at one point.Out back with the family,cold berr in hand and the weeman in the pool,(got licence from the wife for a few today lol) Be good m8 Paul
    Posted by bignoise10
    Ha Ha, have a good 1 mate  :)
  • edited July 2014
    Running well mate. Great to see so many 5-1's , really shows you are crushing it!!  Keep it up mate
  • edited July 2014
    Nice to see that br moving in the right direction mate. No comment on the KK!!!!

The paintings are great btw......do you sell them on the side or paint to relax and unwind??
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £99.22) playing £1 games only...still. 2 more paintings added.:
    Running well mate. Great to see so many 5-1's , really shows you are crushing it!!  Keep it up mate
    Posted by Nuggy962
    Thanks nuggy...
    should be playing £2 very soon, hopefully.
  • edited July 2014
    Nice to see that br moving in the right direction mate. No comment on the KK!!!! The paintings are great btw......do you sell them on the side or paint to relax and unwind??
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks mate,
    the painting is just a hobby which i do enjoy & it is relaxing too which is nice. i get bad days when nothing comes out right but then get good days when it just flows which is nice. haven't sold any yet, given most away to family & friends but you never know might be able to make a few quid from them one day  :)
    only been painting a year now & teaching myself so it's still early days really, but it's fun which is the main thing.
    hope you are good mate,
    run well,dev
  • edited July 2014
    day 43
    Saturday  26/7/14

10am freeroll  7/127  won £0.93   

BANKROLL   £100.15  :)

6/7 exit hand aipf  A 10 V 84  HITS 8   so did nothing wrong.
    just need to win another £4 now & then the £2 games will begin.   hooooray.
  • edited July 2014
    day 43 Saturday  26/7/14 10am freeroll  7/127  won £0.93    BANKROLL   £100.15  :) 6/7 exit hand aipf  A 10 V 84  HITS 8   so did nothing wrong. just need to win another £4 now & then the £2 games will begin.   hooooray.
    Posted by devonfish5

look forward to seeing you there mate :)

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £99.22) playing £1 games only...still. 2 more paintings added. : look forward to seeing you there mate :)
    Posted by Nuggy962
    thanks mate, just need £2 then i load up my first...
    going to do some homework first :)
  • edited July 2014
    day 43
    Saturday  26/7/14

£60 bet on v. gerwin to win darts @1-3  when 3-2 up

won 17-13   WON £20   BOOM

b/r   £120.15   

who says Devonfish ALWAYS plays it safe. bit worried at 13-13 but that's when the class usually comes through.
    fancied it...went for it. playing with free money won, if i'd lost i lost... start again, ha ha.
    bring on the £2 level... i've now got 10 buy-ins to play with.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £100.15).... £2 games here we come. 2 more paintings added.:
    day 43 Saturday  26/7/14 £60 bet on v. gerwin to win darts @1-3  when 3-2 up won 17-13   WON £20   BOOM b/r   £120.15    who says Devonfish ALWAYS plays it safe. bit worried at 13-13 but that's when the class usually comes through. fancied it...went for it. playing with free money won, if i'd lost i lost... start again, ha ha. bring on the £2 level... i've now got 10 buy-ins to play with.
    Posted by devonfish5

Wow, I think my head just fell off reading this post.

You're such a br nit, but then you place 60% of it on one bet? (And just to win 20%???)

Sounds like something I'd do!!

Well it worked I guess, so roll on the £2ers!

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £100.15).... £2 games here we come. 2 more paintings added.:
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £100.15).... £2 games here we come. 2 more paintings added. : Wow, I think my head just fell off reading this post. You're such a br nit, but then you place 60% of it on one bet? (And just to win 20%???) Sounds like something I'd do!! Well it worked I guess, so roll on the £2ers!
    Posted by JingleMa
    Ha Ha, I have these mad impulses now & again.
    i thought which would be worse losing the £60 that i've won or not betting and v. gerwin winning?
    anyway it worked, and as I've said, i like to do things my way, so bring on the £2's.
    playing safe is boring all the time, sitting here day after day, it's nice to have the odd gamble now & again, especially when it's the world no. 1 you are betting on.  :)

• edited July 2014
    day 44
    Sunday 27/7/14

day off today, 'bingo day'
    after the excitement of my darts bet last night... a calculated gamble, it's back to normality today.
    might do another painting and chill.
    here's another for you...
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £100.15).... £2 games here we come. 2 more paintings added. : Ha Ha, I have these mad impulses now & again. i thought which would be worse losing the £60 that i've won or not betting and v. gerwin winning? anyway it worked, and as I've said, i like to do things my way, so bring on the £2's. playing safe is boring all the time, sitting here day after day, it's nice to have the odd gamble now & again, especially when it's the world no. 1 you are betting on.  :)
    Posted by devonfish5
    Set mine those Kings!!!! ;)
  • edited July 2014
    Ha Ha Doh...

now that is a gamble!!!  lol