You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

Comments

• edited July 2014
    day 45
    Monday  28.7/14

£2   W  2   +£3.50
           L   1   -£2.25
                   ----------
                   +£1.25

£1   W  5   +£4.25
           L   2   -£2.30
                   ---------
                  +£1.95

WON £3.20   B/R £123.35   PTS  £5.75  to come

nice session, a struggle though  0-1 down on £2  so happy there.  £1 games  good finish so v happy as I was almost resigned to losing today.
  • edited July 2014
    Hello mate.

Well done great little win there!! I totally agree need a bit of a boost every noun and again! Great to see you have a few buy ins niw so can really get stuck in it.

I will let you own my level for few days - only fair seeing as the advise I have got from reading your posts has helped me no end :)

Run well mate
  • edited July 2014
    Ha Ha, thanks mate...

see you wed/thurs maybe.  gl with the move.
  • edited July 2014
    Roll on the £2 level, only a sports gamble or two away from the comfort of the reduced rake at £3 and above!

Loving the artwork additions as well, very talented and a great addition to the forum.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £123.35).... £2 games here we go.:
    Roll on the £2 level, only a sports gamble or two away from the comfort of the reduced rake at £3 and above! Loving the artwork additions as well, very talented and a great addition to the forum.
    Posted by shakinaces
    Thanks mate,
    Ha Ha,  lucky though as the next night v Taylor he was awful  :)
    still that's the gamble  :)
    ty mate,  just thought the paintings make a nice change from W 5  L 1   ha ha.
    getting better but still think there's more room for improvement, it's a bit like poker in many ways where you just hit that brick wall for a while then out of the blue something half descent comes out.
    I've been working on my trees & leaves a lot recently but still can't get it right, so it's a case of more practise, practise practise.  :)
  • edited July 2014
    day  46
    Tuesday  29/7/14

£2  W  2   +£3.50
          L   2   -£4.50
                   --------
                  -£1.00

£1  W  7   +£5.95
          L   0  -£0.00
                  ---------
                 +£5.95

WON  £4.95    B/R  £128.30    PTS  £6.01  TO COME

lost 1 X £2 game aipf with AA V KQ  QXXQX   so not as bad as it looks there,
    £1 games on a roll.
    not going mad on £2 games just feeling my way.
    only playing 4 tables tonight as my mouse has been all over the place playing 6 recently. it was fine tonight so i'll try 6 again tomorrow & see how it goes.
  • edited July 2014
    Hand History #802163855 (20:06 29/07/2014)
    Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    Jennystod Small blind 100.00 100.00 1980.00
    devonfish5 Big blind 200.00 300.00 1885.00
      Your hole cards
    K
    K

ciaranau19 Fold
    x Raise 400.00 700.00 1320.00
    inafix Fold
    aedum Fold
    Jennystod Fold
    devonfish5 All-in 1885.00 2585.00 0.00
    x All-in 1320.00 3905.00 0.00
    devonfish5 Unmatched bet 365.00 3540.00 365.00
    devonfish5 Show
    K
    K
    x Show
    Q
    Q
    Flop

A

Turn

Q

River

K

devonfish5 Win Full House, Kings and 5s 3540.00 3905.0
    best i can get here for some reason  :(
    better copy in sit n go strategy section.
  • edited July 2014
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £128.30).... £2 games here we go.:
    Fold pre.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Ha Ha
    what a load of fuss over nothing hey!!!
  • edited July 2014
    That first game I was in with you last night. Player called my 3x raise with 34! He hits and will not give up. Then later he calls my 2x raise with 56, hits again and won't fold! So I get low, shove you with your favourite hand, AQ, and you take me out with 99! Oh dear.

I did then play one win one £5.50 though, plus just FT'd this morning's FR, so not all bad..
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £128.30).... £2 games here we go.:
    That first game I was in with you last night. Player called my 3x raise with 34! He hits and will not give up. Then later he calls my 2x raise with 56, hits again and won't fold! So I get low, shove you with your favourite hand, AQ, and you take me out with 99! Oh dear. I did then play one win one £5.50 though, plus just FT'd this morning's FR, so not all bad..
    Posted by thefa1lacy
    yeah, you need to make notes on those players mate, loose calles, etc, then you have knowledge for next time you play them. i have notes on every player on each table before the game finishes.... even on you  ha ha.
    Never mind mate... another day today.
    yeah, playing on old tables at the minute, so if no chat, that's why.
    should get new tables up again tomorrow i think, so will try them again.
    run good buddy,
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    day 47
    Wednesday  30/7/14

Another painting. took this photo from back garden then drew it & painted it.
    it had been raining just before so it's got nice rain drops on it too, which adds to it, i think
    photo + painting

• edited July 2014
    day  47
    Wednesday  30/7/14

£2  W  2  +£3.50
          L   0  -£0.00
                 ---------
                 +£3.50

£1  W  2  +£1.70
          L   0  -£0.00
                 ---------
                 +£1.70

WON  £5.20   B/R  £133.50   PTS  £6.11  to come

great session, booked the win. night nurse.
  • edited July 2014
    How are you at painting animals? If you can paint a horse's head then you are up there with the best Dev..........I have had vast experience playing "Pictionary" and "Draw it" so I know what I'm talking about!!

Seriously though, impressed at how good you are considering that you have only been painting a year and you're self taught. How long does each painting take to complete? The rose one for example.
  • edited July 2014
    Ha Ha, thanks mate.
    not done any animals yet, or horses head, but you never know, :)
    i'm sure i could but on the site(Paint My Photo, PMP) that i use, animals are very common so i don't do them.

I usually get about 2/3 to 3/4 done in a day then finish it the next day, but it all depends on how many hours i put in on the first day, & how i'm feeling too.
    the rose one here took me 2-3 days i'd say as the detail takes the time, not that you can see it here as the photo is so small, shame it can't go bigger here.
    i've tried painting in a looser way recently, the poppy one took just a couple of hours.
    the one i'm working on at the moment has taken 3 days already & hope to finish it today, so it varies on how much detail i'm looking for & how long each session is. i've only been putting in about an hour to hour & 1/2 each sesssion on this one though. i'll post it up when it's done.
    i did in my earlier days once start one at 9am & finished it at midnight, ha ha.
  • edited July 2014

If you're drawing a flower, and the first petal goes amazing, like the best petal you've ever drawn in your life, do you call it a day and book the win? :D
  • edited July 2014
    Going well fella.

Paintings are really good.

Kinda wish I kept it up but after working for Marvel for 10 years as a colourist never had much time to do my own stuff.

Run well pal
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £133.50).... £2 games here we go.:
    If you're drawing a flower, and the first petal goes amazing, like the best petal you've ever drawn in your life, do you call it a day and book the win? :D
    Posted by DOHHHHHHH
    Ha Ha Dohhh,
    yes... sometimes.  :)

edit; knowing exactly when to stop is an art in itself...
    whether that be at poker or painting!!!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £133.50).... £2 games here we go.:
    Going well fella. Paintings are really good. Kinda wish I kept it up but after working for Marvel for 10 years as a colourist never had much time to do my own stuff. Run well pal
    Posted by day4eire76
    Thanks Pat,
    never to late mate. i've only just started & i'm 55 in September.
  • edited July 2014
    day  48
    Thursday  31/7/14

£2  W  1   +£1.75
          L   0   -£0.00
                  ---------
                  +£1.75

£1  W  3  +£2.55
          L   1  -£1.15
                  --------
                 +£1.40

WON  £3.15    B/R  £136.65    PTS  £6.22  to come

easy night, nice finish to ther month...
    report to follow.,
  • edited July 2014
    July summary...

starting bankroll (inc june c4p)  £62.62

FINISH BANKROLL (not inc july c4p of £6.22)  £136.65   profit £74.03   (£80.25 inc c4p)

games played..

£2   W  7   70%    +£12.25
           L   3   30%    -£6.75       profit  £5.50

£1   W  192  65.3%   +£163.20
           L   102  34.7%   -£117.30    profit  £45.90

V. Gerwin bet +£20
    must be a couple of freeroll wins somewhere, making up the difference of £2.63

happy with my progress & how i'm playing & my booking the wins where i can strategy.
    happy my £60 bet on Van Gerwin won, giving me £20 profit. a calculated risk, which gives me the springboard to play the £2 games.
    as for August...
    much the same, continue with booking the wins & the £2 games, see how that develops, hope to play more of them & less £1 as the month continues.
    that's it.
    hope you've enjoyed it so far. still a long way to go so not going to be going mad playing long sessions, got to keep myself fresh for the months ahead.
    run good in August,
    dev
  • edited July 2014
    Just have to say this is fantastic work. Really is great going. A roll model to others and shows the value of great BR management. 

Very, very, well done. 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £136.65).... £2 games here we go.:
    Just have to say this is fantastic work. Really is great going. A roll model to others and shows the value of great BR management.  Very, very, well done. 
    Posted by CraigSG1
    Thanks Craig...appreciated.
    best of luck with your new diary too.
  • edited August 2014
    Steady as she goes. Think this is one of those challenges you will definately make if you keep putting the work in. 

You asked me about playing higher games with my BR but i prefer the steady route. With your BRM i think its just a matter  of time . reminds me of GaryQQQ,s diary. Once he got going you knew he would make it - Sensible BRM again

GL m8

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM challenge....(current b/r £136.65).... £2 games here we go.:
    Steady as she goes. Think this is one of those challenges you will definately make if you keep putting the work in.  You asked me about playing higher games with my BR but i prefer the steady route. With your BRM i think its just a matter  of time . reminds me of GaryQQQ,s diary. Once he got going you knew he would make it - Sensible BRM again GL m8
    Posted by MP33
    this is my 2nd challenge Paul, as you probably know, so at least i know what lies ahead this time, & can improve my performance this time, hopefully.
    yeah, i know what you mean about keeping it steady, just thought as you have such a nice roll to play with now, you might be tempted to play at a slightly higher level, but it's all about playing well within yourself and where you feel most comfortable, i guess.
    run good mate,
    dev
  • edited August 2014
    day  49
    Friday  1/8/14

£3  W  2   +£5.40            
          L   1   -£3.30
                   ----------
                  +£2.10

£2  W  6   +£10.50
          L   2   -£4.50
                 ------------
                  +£6.00

£1  W  2   +£1.70
          L   4   -£4.60
                   --------
                  -£2.90

WON  £5.20   B/R  £141.85   PTS  45

change of plan, as the £1 games were rubbish decided to risk playing a few £3 games. lost the first & thought this was going to be a disaster session, but went with my gut insticts & won the next 2 games.
    £2 games were good today, all the usual suspects playing today, so had to find my A game to win.

might now drop the £1 games altogether, as long as my b/r is over £100 then i'm reasonably comfortable playing the £2 & £3 games, and as long as i don't have a nightmare session, which is always possible i know, i should be able to push on. 
    if i do drop below the £100 figure, i'll rebuild playing the £1 games again & try again.

think i've shown the £1 games are beatable with a 65.3% win rate playing them last month and a profit of £45.90
    so no need to continue with them any more, i feel.

look out boys... here i come!!!

• edited August 2014
    day 50
    Saturday  2/8/14

£2   W 0  +£0.00
           L 1   -£2.25
                 ---------
                 -£2.25

£1   W  2  +£1.70
           L   1  -£1.15
                   ---------
                  +£0.55

LOST  £1.70    B/R   £140.15    

MINI SESSION, had to pop into town...

£2  W  1   +£1.75
          L   0   -£0.00
                   ---------
                  +£1.75

£1   W  3   +£2.55
           L   0   -£0.00
                  ----------
                   +£2.55

WON  £4.30    B/R   £144.45    PTS  63

didn't fancy £3 games this morning, as a certain johnconnor was playing them,  :)
    so settled for playing £1 & £2 games.
    might play later if not wait'till Monday.

• edited August 2014
    day 50
    Saturday  2/8/14  part 2...

£3  W  3   +£8.10
          L   6   -£19.80
                   ---------
                  -£11.70

£2  W  8   +£14.00
          L   5   -£11.25
                  ----------
                   +£2.75

LOST  £8.95    B/R  £135.50   PTS  129

Hard session tonight, went down 4-0 on £3 games, then 5-1   so losing 6-3 was a good result in the end.
    always going to be a struggle right now as my b/r is only just big enough to cope with any bad sessions.
    it works both ways though, so no complaints, as we never moan when we win do we.

i'll continue playing these games though as long as b/r stays over £100. if it drops below then it's back to the £1 & £2 games again.
    i'm playing with free money, so there's no pressure on me, and i've been here before so I know how it goes.
    this is where the rollercoaster sessions begin, as i'm fully aware, and losing/winning sessions of £10 to £30+ will become an every day thing from now on, as long as i'm playing £3 & £2 anyway.

• edited August 2014
    day  51
    Sunday  3/8/14

'Bingo day'  don't normally play Sundays, as you know by now, but up early & had to get the £3 monkey off my back, asap  :)

£3  W  1   +£2.70
          L   0   -£0.00
                  ----------
                  +£2.70

WON  £2.70   B/R  £138.20   PTS  132

• edited August 2014
    Hi Devon! GL with your continuing endeavours which I have my eyes on with a lot of interest! When you do a session how many tables are you playing at once? I find my max is two ATM, otherwise I feel I can't concentrate on the game properly and make silly mistakes or miss hands or misclick when involved in a big hand on another table! Once folded K K that way! Also how uch did u start with and what games you play first? Regards Gary