You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

£40 to £1,040.... dev's 2nd DYM/CASH challenge.

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat
Hi Dev
You were very ncie to me when I first joined the site a year ago and then you disappeared, now I know why. I wish you all the best with your challenge, will you venture on to the plo8 tables? If so come look me up and I will gladly play a few games with you.
Nick 

Comments

• edited February 2015
    Hi all,
    Just deposited £40, not played any poker properly for a long time.( been busy teaching myself to paint,watercolours mainly for the past 12 months). Got fed up with playing cash a long time ago.
    so decided today to try another DYM challenge, the money is always nice, but also just for the fun of it, hopefully anyway.
    I'm sure many of you will know I did this exact same challenge 2 years ago now...how time flies,so it will be interesting to see how this one compares I think.
    how long will it take? I guess is always a good question. I am in no particular hurry to finish this, but before xmas would be nice. not sure how many tables I'll play or how long each session will be, but it definitely won't be as 'full on' as last time.(by that I mean playing 100-150 games per night, :)
    EDIT; 9/7/14
    I'll start at the £1 games as I did last time, and hopefully move up to the £3's if/when  b/r is around the £300 region.

I WILL SHOW YOU ONCE AND FOR ALL THAT THE £1 LEVEL IS BEATABLE.  

(all this rubbish I hear about how the 15% makes it almost impossible to win, is rubbish, and how 'the house' is the only winner, is laughable. :)  EDIT END.

EDIT; 1/8/14  finished playing £1 as my b/r is now getting close to £150, so will concentrate on £2 & £3 games from now on.
    had a 65% win rate playing them in July & showed a profit of £45.90 from playing them.

not sure if i'll bother with £5 level this time, as this move definitely slowed me down considerably last time.
    anyway, that's it, just need to load up some tables now & get cracking.
    hope you will enjoy this diary and if anyone has any questions,especially you DYM players, feel free to ask them.
    all for now,
    best wishes,
    Dev.

ps;  HERE IS A LINK TO MY FIRST DYM CHALLENGE FROM 2 YEARS AGO, IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO LOOK AT.

• edited June 2014
    Gl in your challenge. Miby see u at some of your games. 
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2:
    Hi Dev You were very ncie to me when I first joined the site a year ago and then you disappeared, now I know why. I wish you all the best with your challenge, will you venture on to the plo8 tables? If so come look me up and I will gladly play a few games with you. Nick 
    Posted by pompeynic
    Thanks Nick,
    i've never played plo8 mate, so I would just be 'easy money' for you, ha ha.
    I'll be on the regular £1 & £2 tables, always be glad to play you there. :)
    Ian.
  • edited June 2014
    Gl in your challenge. Miby see u at some of your games. 
    Posted by Chris_Mc
    Thanks Chris... I'll keep an eye out for you :)
  • edited June 2014
    very best of luck in your challenge mate i`m sure you will complete it in not time :)
  • edited June 2014
    very best of luck in your challenge mate i`m sure you will complete it in not time :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Many thanks William,
    best wishes mate.
  • edited June 2014

Gl Dev hope to see you on the tables played you many times before so with your knowledge on dym the games have just got a bit harder.

• edited June 2014
    Gl Dev hope to see you on the tables played you many times before so with your knowledge on dym the games have just got a bit harder.
    Posted by poshcole
    Ha Ha, thanks mate.
    what level are you playing now mate?
    I'm struggling on the £1/£2 games at the moment.  :)
  • edited June 2014
    GL DEV.  I did wonder where you had gone. Will follow with interest.
    n.b. good brm FTW!
  • edited June 2014
    day 1
    saturday 14/6/14

Lost £7  b/r £33.00

£1 W 3  L 2  +£0.25

£2 W 1  L 4   -£7.25

rubbish start, ran kk into AA, 1 game
    played pretty rubbish if I am being honest, but that's why I am at the £1/£2 level now with my b/r so low.
    If i had been playing just say the £3's I would have lost £9. 
    still, not panicing just yet, there's a long long long way to go.
    another day tomorrow.  :)
  • edited June 2014
    GL DEV.  I did wonder where you had gone. Will follow with interest. n.b. good brm FTW!
    Posted by Glenelg
    Thanks mate,
    yes brm is so important, especially at the beginning...as tonight has just shown me.
    could be down at the 60p level very soon,  :)
  • edited June 2014
    Welcome back Dev and gl
    Run golden
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00):
    Welcome back Dev and gl Run golden
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thanks Mick, you too mate.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Dev welcome back.

Good luck with this challenge. 

Can't belive it was 2 years ago your last DYM challenge. Following that one got me playing DYMs. At the start of this year i started playing them seriously i started with £20.00 playing £3 Dyms. I have made  profits each month since. I had trouble with £5 DYMs when i first started on them but do ok now. I am currently playing £5 and £10 levels.

I shall follow your challenge with interest.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00):
    Hi Dev welcome back. Good luck with this challenge.  Can't belive it was 2 years ago your last DYM challenge. Following that one got me playing DYMs. At the start of this year i started playing them seriously i started with £20.00 playing £3 Dyms. I have made  profits each month since. I had trouble with £5 DYMs when i first started on them but do ok now. I am currently playing £5 and £10 levels. I shall follow your challenge with interest.
    Posted by spinky6108
    Thanks mate,
    wow, £5 & £10  that's brilliant, very well done.
    I remember you starting out, and always thought that you would do well, as I remember you being quite keen to learn. :)
    yes, 2 years ago since the last one... time has just flown by hasn't it.
    I struggled on the £5's during that challenge and basically gave up on them in the end.
    how did you get over the hurdle? if you don't mind me asking.
    did you have to make any changes playing wise? or did you simply carry on as if you were playing the £3's?
    best wishes spinky.
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Dev i reduced the amount of tables i played to 2 or 3 studied the other players at the tables and really concentrated on Bubble play. 
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Dev i reduced the amount of tables i played to 2 or 3 studied the other players at the tables and really concentrated on Bubble play. 
    Posted by spinky6108
    Cheers mate,
    all makes sense.  :)
    I think where i went wrong was trying to play too many tables.
    how many tables are you playing now?
    thanks,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Dev...massive GL from Ducky! xx
  • edited June 2014
    Hi Dev...massive GL from Ducky! xx
    Posted by mrsduck
    Many thanks Ducky x
  • edited June 2014
    Welcome back Ian :) I hope you're not rusty, looking at only £33 in your account must be a bit scary.

I'm sure you'll be fine once you get some upwards momentum going, good luck.
  • edited June 2014
    GL dev

I auctually found 5.50s a little easier dunno why. But BRM is the key as last week I had a horrible session and lost around 10 in a row.

As you already know 1.15 and 2.25 eat the rake.
  • edited June 2014
    Welcome back Ian :) I hope you're not rusty, looking at only £33 in your account must be a bit scary. I'm sure you'll be fine once you get some upwards momentum going, good luck.
    Posted by GaryQQQ
    Thanks Gary,
    I am a bit rusty mate... struggling on just 9 tables at the moment  :)
    yes as you know it's the start that is always the tricky bit.
    hope you & Leah are both well.
    what are you playing these days?
    best wishes,
    Ian
  • edited June 2014
    GL dev I auctually found 5.50s a little easier dunno why. But BRM is the key as last week I had a horrible session and lost around 10 in a row. As you already know 1.15 and 2.25 eat the rake.
    Posted by stuarty117
    Hi mate,
    yes it's a real killer when those bad runs come along, isn't it.
    stick with it, even dropping down to the £3's is never a bad thing.
    funny old game at times dym's, i crushed the £3's last time out, but never made the same impact at the £5 level.
    if and it's if i play them again, i'll deffo be playing way less tables than last time, maybe just 1 or 2.
    only problem is i am so used to multi-tabling now, it is hard to break the habit.  :)
    gl mate,

• edited June 2014
    day 2
    Sunday  15/6/14

1st 'bingo day'

£1  w 4  +£3.40
          l  4  -£4.60
                --------
                -£1.20

£2  w 6  +£10.50
          l  4  -£9.00
               ---------
               +£1.50

won £0.30  b/r  £33.30

another rough session, but ground out the little win, so very happy not to lose again :)
    playing 9 tables again, which feels strange after not playing that many for almost 2 years now
    but i'm sure a few more sessions and it will feel just like old times.  :)

• edited June 2014
    GL dev I auctually found 5.50s a little easier dunno why. But BRM is the key as last week I had a horrible session and lost around 10 in a row. As you already know 1.15 and 2.25 eat the rake.
    Posted by stuarty117

Yes. I keep hearing about that. You should try playing with a very limited BR Like I have got just shy of £11 which I'm using to play the 60p DYM's.

However, even still I get 40p profit for each "Cash/Win" so I still feel I can build a BR at this level, I am sure that Devonfish can do the same!

• edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00) : Yes. I keep hearing about that. You should try playing with a very limited BR Like I have got just shy of £11 which I'm using to play the 60p DYM's. However, even still I get 40p profit for each "Cash/Win" so I still feel I can build a BR at this level, I am sure that Devonfish can do the same!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Well I couldn't, I played a right few 30p, 60p, 1.15 dyms and couldn't make money at them.

Now even with my bad run last week I have a healthy profit from 5.50s, ok profit at 3s and 2s.

Rake it just too much on this site at micro stakes.

I hovered around a £50 BR for a long while then just decided to try 2.25s and 3.30s and never looked back.
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.00) : Yes. I keep hearing about that. You should try playing with a very limited BR Like I have got just shy of £11 which I'm using to play the 60p DYM's. However, even still I get 40p profit for each "Cash/Win" so I still feel I can build a BR at this level, I am sure that Devonfish can do the same!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Hi mate,
    yes it is possible to beat the 60p level, i did start there...for a day or so  :)
    I also used the 60p & £1 dym's to practise multi-tabling.
    do you plan on moving up to the £1 at any stage?
    gl, dev
  • edited June 2014
    Good luck Dev....I will keep an eye.

Ger
  • edited June 2014
    In Response to Re: £40 to £1,040 dev's DYM challenge...no.2 (current b/r £33.30):
    Good luck Dev....I will keep an eye. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Cheers mate,
    dev
  • edited June 2014
    day 2
    sunday 15/6/14

£1  W 2  +£1.70
         L  2  -£2.30
               ---------
               -£0.60

£2  W 3  +£5.25
          L  1  -£2.25
                ---------
                +£3.00

WON  £2.40  B/R  £35.70

short session, could have won all 4 x £2 tonight. the one I lost I went allin with QQ on the bubble, got called by A9, ace hit  :(
    annoying as that was £4 I could do with right now.
    never mind, moving forward which is always the aim for each session.