You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cup

Comments

• edited July 2014
    Very obvious as to who it is with sharkscope hard to believe that there still playing.
  • edited July 2014
    Shocking. Hope appropriate action is taken against these ..
  • edited July 2014
    Jeez, I hope they aint talkin bout me!!!

I just been on a GOOD RUN, 
     HONEST GUV!!!!
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup:
    Jeez, I hope they aint talkin bout me!!! I just been on a GOOD RUN,   HONEST GUV!!!!
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Not everything on Sky is about you, you know.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hope Sky ensure cheats don't prosper in this!
  • edited July 2014
    Agree with what splashies has said too, the odd HU game would be pretty easy to fix & extremely hard to prove. Such a shame too, because this was such a good promotion otherwise :(
  • edited July 2014
    I am sure Sky will look into all qualifiers to ensure we don't have a repeat of what happened last time.

For instance, if I am lucky enough to hold in the Top 16 I want them to look into the 8 nil run I had against one player.  Because if they look into that they are looking into everything, as they should.
  • edited July 2014
    I am sure Sky will look into all qualifiers to ensure we don't have a repeat of what happened last time. For instance, if I am lucky enough to hold in the Top 16 I want them to look into the 8 nil run I had against one player.  Because if they look into that they are looking into everything, as they should.
    Posted by TommyD
    Happy to help you out with that, mate. ;-)
  • edited July 2014
    Yeah they have, what do people think the cut off will be for the 16?
    Posted by benc

over 70%

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : I really hope sky can oust out these Vermin ....if indeed they are cheaters. How many more worms are hiding in this can ?? I do not sub to  SH so can only see vague details. It makes me feel like giving up..
    Posted by footsie66
    I think they will.  They're running around with a tracker device on their back relaying info to MI5 :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Not everything on Sky is about you, you know. ----------------------------------------------------------- Hope Sky ensure cheats don't prosper in this!
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Jeez!!!! Are you Stalking me Jon.

Just every time I post, u sarcastically comment, I am quite flattered, Xx
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : over 70%
    Posted by aussie09

the cut off for the last 16 will be over 70%, however...

the cut off for the top 19 is more relevant as 3 people will be exposed and disqualified.

• edited July 2014
    OK.....
    if Jon will allow me to post......lol!

I Never Played in Last One of These, I gather there were issues, & looks like they not been fully addressed in this structure!

A Suggestion to Sky & This Thread!!

To Avoid the Accusations, Recriminations, that may surface, Why Dont Sky Just.....

...ADD an EXTRA KNOCK-Out Round  The Tuesday 5th August, so enabling 32 Qualifiers, [64 would ease pressure more, but prob too many to organise],  to play in First Round Knock-outs!!!!

Thus anybody who has bent Rules, Slightly Or alot, [For who can tell in truth ], will be forced to pit their HU skillz against another Qualifier before The Round of 16!!

So Then any 'False' results from Qualifying, should be found out in next Couple of Knockout rounds.

This Would Hopefully put STOP to any Nonsense or possibilty of those who may be dissapointed by not Qualifying,  thinking, well ifs 'he/she's' done it, I may slip a few in!!  Ya get tha picture!!

Just Suggestion......

[Yap I know I is Mad, dont shoot me for it!!]
  • edited July 2014
    Its a shame this promo is getting tainted by a few players. Its the first promo in a long long time i have been able to be part of as it is achievable for a 100% recreational player.
    Currently hopefully in about 7th or 8th place as and when it may get updated on Thursday.

Hope the bad eggs get flushed away before the last 16 comp takes place and the honest players get thro.
  • edited July 2014
    Its a shame this promo is getting tainted by a few players. Its the first promo in a long long time i have been able to be part of as it is achievable for a 100% recreational player. Currently hopefully in about 7th or 8th place as and when it may get updated on Thursday. Hope the bad eggs get flushed away before the last 16 comp takes place and the honest players get thro.
    Posted by ALFIE123
    +1 Alfie!!

As a Rec Player myself, it is nearly impossible to take part in Many of these Promos Sky put on for Us!!
    In This instance, 50 Games should be easy, Maybe 100 games I could achieve, not more!

Those Older League Table promos were way beyond Most Rec Players ability to make the game times.

This was refreshingly available to Us!!
  • edited July 2014

The blatent cheat has been removed from the leaderboard.

It'll be interesting to see if any action is taken against the well known player against whom he had his 32/32 winning streak in £5.25 games lol.

• edited July 2014
    Yeah just noticed that, should 100% be excluded from the site imo. What will happen if 16th is 68% and their are a few players on that amount will their be a playoff of some kind?

Agree with above as well really good promo of which most players can have a shot, plus with the sample of 50 games it's definitely feasible to heater into the final 16 without having much experience of HU. Shouldn't be tainted by the odd cheater.
  • edited July 2014

Hi Guys

We understand your concerns.

We do have checks and systems to veryify such results and naturally we cant go into the detail of how this works. However we would say two things...

1) It's fair to say that the top 16 will be looked at even more closely. If and when anyone gets disqualified then, for example, the 17th person would be 'promoted'.

2) Even despite the checks and systems we referred to above. We do appreciate assistance on this. We dont wan't those suspicions putting on the forum cleary. However, if you do have any evidence to support your views, do please PM us an we will look into it. PMs mean we can keep this between ourselves.

Thanks for your support.

Sky Poker
  • edited July 2014
    Hi Guys We understand your concerns. We do have checks and systems to veryify such results and naturally we cant go into the detail of how this works. However we would say two things... 1) It's fair to say that the top 16 will be looked at even more closely. If and when anyone gets disqualified then, for example, the 17th person would be 'promoted'. 2) Even despite the checks and systems we referred to above. We do appreciate assistance on this. We dont wan't those suspicions putting on the forum cleary. However, if you do have any evidence to support your views, do please PM us an we will look into it. PMs mean we can keep this between ourselves. Thanks for your support. Sky Poker
    Posted by Sky_Poker

TY

and My Suggestion??

....."To Avoid the Accusations, Recriminations, that may surface, Why Dont Sky Just.....

...ADD an EXTRA KNOCK-Out Round  The Tuesday 5th August, so enabling 32 Qualifiers,  to play in First Round Knock-outs!!!!""

??
  • edited July 2014
    Latest leaderboard is up folks..
  • edited July 2014
    Can I just draw everyones attention to this.........................

10TommyD65.39%52Place in the Last 16
    I mean.......come on!!!!!!

How does the loosest player on sky make it into the top 10?

Looks a bit suss to me :)
       ☺☺☺☺
  • edited July 2014
    This one is very suspicious!  No way on earth can he play over 200 games and win over 50%!
    47 ACEGOONER 53.73% 201
  • edited July 2014
    OK..... if Jon will allow me to post......lol! I Never Played in Last One of These, I gather there were issues, & looks like they not been fully addressed in this structure! A Suggestion to Sky & This Thread!! To Avoid the Accusations, Recriminations, that may surface, Why Dont Sky Just..... ...ADD an EXTRA KNOCK-Out Round  The Tuesday 5th August, so enabling 32 Qualifiers, [64 would ease pressure more, but prob too many to organise],  to play in First Round Knock-outs!!!! Thus anybody who has bent Rules, Slightly Or alot, [For who can tell in truth ], will be forced to pit their HU skillz against another Qualifier before The Round of 16!! So Then any 'False' results from Qualifying, should be found out in next Couple of Knockout rounds. This Would Hopefully put STOP to any Nonsense or possibilty of those who may be dissapointed by not Qualifying,  thinking, well ifs 'he/she's' done it, I may slip a few in!!  Ya get tha picture!! Just Suggestion...... [Yap I know I is Mad, dont shoot me for it!!]
    Posted by HITMAN_RV
    Putting aside our issues.....this just isn't feasible in the slightest. Can't move the goal posts a matter of days before the promo ends.

Completely unfair on someone who has earned a spot in the top 16, and thus a cash payout, to then have to play a HU game before that to get to said winnings.

All Sky need to do/be is extra vigilant in this kind of competition. Or not run another one again if it's proving too difficult to oversee.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Putting aside our issues.....this just isn't feasible in the slightest. Can't move the goal posts a matter of days before the promo ends. Completely unfair on someone who has earned a spot in the top 16, and thus a cash payout, to then have to play a HU game before that to get to said winnings. All Sky need to do/be is extra vigilant in this kind of competition. Or not run another one again if it's proving too difficult to oversee.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Fair Points!!
    I Agree!!

[also I agree to put aside any other issues, lifes too short mate, cya in last 16??]
  • edited July 2014
    Silly question, do Russian Roulettes count?
  • edited July 2014
    Can't move the goal posts a matter of days before the promo ends. 
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Agree can't change things at this stage.

But a rule needs to be clarified. What will happen if say 16th and 17th (or more) have the same ROI? Would it be based on games played? We need to know before/if it happens
  • edited July 2014
    hey boxster it states in the terms and conditions 

11. If there is a tie for the 16th spot then the order will be decided by the total amount of Sit and Go’s played throughout the promotion.

that answers your question buddy :)

• edited July 2014
    hey boxster it states in the terms and conditions  11. If there is a tie for the 16th spot then the order will be decided by the total amount of Sit and Go’s played throughout the promotion. that answers your question buddy :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Surely its not beyond the realms of possibility that 16th will be tied with both having played exactly 50 games?
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Surely its not beyond the realms of possibility that 16th will be tied with both having played exactly 50 games?
    Posted by MattBates
    At that point it goes on goal difference.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Surely its not beyond the realms of possibility that 16th will be tied with both having played exactly 50 games?
    Posted by MattBates
    no idea how they work it if theres a tie with same amount played.

I`m still working on a top 16 place :)
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : At that point it goes on goal difference.
    Posted by Slipwater
    Really? I heard it was going to be goals scored to encourage aggressive play