You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cup

Comments

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup:
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Out of interest and as a fellow backer will you be speaking to your player about their chat box antics at the tables? Whilst I don't play the same games as the individual concerned,  I feel we have a responsibility at the tables to ensure rec players have an enjoyable experience so wondered as you are now aware of the situation whether you would be doing anything about it? 
    Posted by MattBates
    Hi Matt,

Just for the record, you & everyone else know my stance on chatbox abuse, however, in this case, as I've never shared tables with the individual, I can't really comment further.

More generally, it is the responsibility of players to behave in a reasonable manner. If they fail to do that, we are all - players & sites alike - shooting ourselves in the foot.

Poker has got itself a bad name because of this sort of thing, & it's time all of us - players & sites - got our house in order.

Chatbox abused should be reported to Customer Care.
  • edited August 2014
    I hope Sky are not discouraged by the hiccups and 'controversy' of this promo. As someone who plays a lot of HUSNG I think this has been great for the site, and I have noticed a considerable improvement in traffic. Prior to the promotion you could be waiting for half an hour or more at any tables at £10+ buy in.  Whilst its been a great idea, I feel the execution could have been better. Here are some suggestions for future sky poker cups: 1) The volume of games is far too low at 50. Even as a recreational player, I completed this in 2 or 3 days. In order to leave myself with the best chance of a high % I then didnt play again until the last day of the promo. I can see that a number of high volume HUSNG players didnt qualify, as they werent willing to stay at the 50 game mark. In order to combat this  I feel a three tier promo would be best to accommodate all players and that the promo run for an entire month. Tier 3 would be 50-199 games. Tier 2 would be 200-399 games, and Tier 1 would 400+. Then a last 16 for each tier played at the end of the month, with different prize pools for each. 2) The issue of collusion seems to have cropped up a lot. Someone suggested that this should be addressed daily, but I feel this would be impossible for sky to do. Accusing someone of colluding over a 1 day sample would be impossible. I think two things could be done to prevent this. Firstly ensure the promo runs for a month, then do not allow players to sign upto the promo 2 days before the end of it. Cut off date should be 2 weeks before the end, allowing for a greater sample of games to be analysed before the end of the promo. Having a longer running promo will allow sky to analyse games on a weekly basis, and disqualify players earlier than right at the end of the promo. This can be changed to daily in the last week of the promo, as no new players would have been allowed to join after the 2 week mark. Those are my suggestions for now. Sorry for the long post, but I really feel this has potential to be an excellent promo and so I hope these suggestions help in some way. I feel the promo can really promote HUSNG traffic on Sky, which has really been struggling. Would be great to hear what others feel too. 
    Posted by lions86
    Hello Mr Lions.

At last, someone has addressed that matter sensibly. I must have seen 20 "this should have been addressed immediately" type Posts, but that's just not reasonable or practical.

Collusion is hard enough to prove anyway, (and I do mean PROVE not just finger-pointing) but if done with even a modicum of intelligence, can almost never be proven over a 1 day period.

As to whether such a Promo can ever be run again, well I've no idea, but if I were Mr Sky Poker, I'd not repeat it. So much aggro directed at the Business, when in truth, the actions of a few dishonest players is where the ire should be directed. Those few have spoiled it for so many. Luckily for you & everyone else, I am not Sky Poker, & my views count for nowt. ;)

Anyway, good to hear you enjoyed it.  

• edited August 2014
    I've logged on from abroad before (France) and won an MTT whilst I was there.  Didn't realise it was against the rules to be honest.
  • edited August 2014
    I've logged on from abroad before (France) and won an MTT whilst I was there.  Didn't realise it was against the rules to be honest.
    Posted by Slykllist
    Was nice playing with ya, take care.
  • edited August 2014
    Posted by Slykllist
    I fully expect a refund if I didn't cash in this MTT that Sly won.
  • edited August 2014
    Posted by Slykllist

How many brags you getting in there Simon...?

I can afford holidays/I speak french/I won a tourney/I got round the rules/I got away with it

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : How many brags you getting in there Simon...? I can afford holidays/I speak french/I won a tourney/I got round the rules/I got away with it ☺
    Posted by MAXALLY
    Just 1 more then...... Poker winnings paid for the holiday ;)

PS. I don't speak French, they know how to speak English so why should I make an effort.
  • edited August 2014
    How can anyone say where anyone is since the advent of VPN 'virtual private network'?
  • edited August 2014
    All the very best to the top 16 tonight.

It will be some freeroll!

• edited August 2014
    I don't think any of us should be leaping to conclusions... Equally, I don't think any of us should take denials at face value...

The bottom line regarding each individual is that most of us don't really know (With the obvious exception of the player that was removed fairly early on. That was just funny). Of course there are sources of information out there and we'll all make our own judgements - such is human nature.

As I said earlier, I don't think this promotion should be repeated. It's just too easy to tamper with your score and only the most obvious will ever be caught. The temptation of an "easy score" will always push people towards dishonesty. That's a sad inevitability but not one limited to poker. 

I wish the best of luck to those playing in the tournament this evening.
  • edited August 2014

Guys.

As noted earlier, this is NOT the place to report or discuss suspicions, no matter how valid they may or may not be.

You should contact Sky Poker Customer Care if you have good reason, their contact details are
    HERE

These matters WILL be acted upon if appropriate.  

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Was nice playing with ya, take care.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Your vow is going pretty well.
  • edited August 2014
    Huge best of luck to all involved tonight in a very exciting contest coming to a climax. I didnt participate but I can only imagine the excitement for those that did and are in the knockout stages.

Well done sky for organising this!

I will be tuning in tonight and cheering on Del560!!

Ger
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Hello, I hope that this post gets to stay on these boards so that some things can be cleared up on behalf of one of my players. I am an affiliate and poker player at/for Sky Poker and many other sites, and am writing in regards to one of my players who has asked me to post this here on her behalf. Jacquelyn has currently had her account suspended for logging in from outside of the UK whilst she was away travelling, this is why she was removed from the SPC. She is pretty upset as most if not all of her qualification games were done in the UK before she went travelling, and has thus lost out on a minimum £500. She did not know at the time that this was against the rules and the software still ran on her computer, she accepts the suspension and has spoken to the security team. She wants me to thank Timmirara, jonnyrkd, Waller02 and Alfie123 personally for not coming to the conclusions that Mayhem and MKgunner have on cheating - she is very upset that these players who have played against her regularly came to this conclusion without any proof. She also wants to thank the "Sky Poker" poster, who, without making it obvious tried to make it clear that some players weren't banned for cheating. She hopes to have her account reactivated when returning to the UK in a week, so I am sure she will send her own messages then - right now she is unable to do so but I assume she can see all these posts hence her contacting me. Thank you for reading and good luck to all in the competition, it's a shame i didn't see the emails to enter myself :-( MM
    Posted by MagicMern
    Yeah not really her fault if she didn't realise she wasn't allowed to play on sky poker outside of the UK.  She must have been gutted considering her late surge winning 15 out of 17 games vs amigoalex. I feel sorry for her.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Yeah not really her fault if she didn't realise she wasn't allowed to play on sky poker outside of the UK.  She must have been gutted considering her late surge winning 15 out of 17 games vs amigoalex. I feel sorry for her.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    lol

• edited August 2014
    Best of luck to all 16 playing tonight, gonna enjoy watching this.
  • edited August 2014
    Not a bad promotion sky ;)

Played some really tough opponents tonight and found everyone very tricky, well done to everyone who cashed tho, see you all at the tables!
  • edited August 2014
    Not a bad promotion sky ;) Played some really tough opponents tonight and found everyone very tricky, well done to everyone who cashed tho, see you all at the tables!
    Posted by murray69
    Well played murray........I was awful in the final. Was already over the moon and playing for money that is normally well beyond my stakes!!! Heart was pounding lol  I put you on the missed flush draw, how wrong could I be haha

Enjoy the money and congrats to everybody!

Wp sky, aside from all the "issues" this was a great promo. Thanks
  • edited August 2014
    wp both.. im guessing we get our winnings tomorrow?
  • edited August 2014
    wp both.. im guessing we get our winnings tomorrow?
    Posted by spennico
    Yeah, it said in T+Cs that all winnings will be credited within 24 hours. Wp was a great match that we had!
  • edited August 2014
    it was, was just trying to ignore what was at stake :)
  • edited August 2014
    Waller you did great mate, and thats what i wanted you to think lol enjoy the money guys!
  • edited August 2014
    Well played all esp Waller and Murray... nice cash

I was out too quick :( but great promo and comp

Look forward to the next one

Only complaint is tonight it was a bit too Turbo with only 1500 chips starting stack. Sure SKY will look at all the issues with this and only improve it going forward.

Enjoyed ... TY
  • edited August 2014
    Seen as tho i won the cup, when do i recieve my trophy ;)
  • edited August 2014
    it was, was just trying to ignore what was at stake :)
    Posted by spennico
    hahaha same here, dunno bout you but it certainly got the heart pumping!!
  • edited August 2014
    Excellent cash there waller, made up for you!  Congrats to Murray and everyone else who participated and cashed.
  • edited August 2014
    Well done murray, must have been a rush playing that final.
  • edited August 2014
    Congrats Murray and Waller.  Enjoy the cash guys!
  • edited August 2014
    Congrats to all who cashed. Some great sums to have some fun with.

Should buy you a few beers in Greece Waller! Chip dump us a tenner on a cash table and I'll set you a Facebook profile, no bother.
  • edited August 2014

Many congrats to murray69, also to waller, spennico, boxster, & all the others.

Love to see "regular guys" have their poker dreams come true, that was serious money last night.

As most know, there are some serious challenges to running Heads Up poker competitions these days, but all in all, it panned out OK & we got some worthy winners.

Well done all.