You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cup

Comments

• edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup:
    It seems extremely suspicious that 1 guy has got himself back into the top 16 with an 11 game winning streak against the same player (this opponent has played no-one else in this promotion) This coming after a 19/21 winning streak (inc. 12 in a row) vs a different player earlier on in the promotion. The guy he played on that streak is a long term winner at HU, whereas the guy in question, errr, isn't.
    Posted by goldnballz
    I'm sure any streaks like this will come under intense scrutiny before the top 16 is finalised.

It's reassuring in my opinion that a player was removed by Sky as early as a week ago. Neither he nor the well-known opponent against whom he had his 36/36 winning streak in £5.25 games have played on the site since, a sign that firm action is being taken where necessary.
  • edited July 2014

Some amazing results in this and looks like it's all set up for a photo finish in the last couple of days!

Fantastic promo sky, and would be great to see something like this running again in the future  to promote HU games on the site.

• edited July 2014
    Are any suspicious games investigated immediately, it would be nice for everyones games to be investigated asap so we all roughly how the leaderboard is shaping up without the clear cheaters. For example i'm expecting to be on the cut/off or within a few places if i risk my winrate because a colluder is above me then they get taken out of the 16 post the conclusion of the promo and i get overtaken by someone with a winrate lower than my initial winrate before i risked it. I hope that makes sense not got alot of sleep..
    Posted by benc
    Yeah that's fair - you will want to know where you stand before you decide to risk and attempt to improve your %.

I have been analysing some of the players in the leaderboard as I have a sharkscope subscription meaning i can see most played opponents and how often they beat them etc etc (its only open to subscribers). 

To be honest most players look like they got in fairly, there is one up there that I am personally suspicious of, and it's not the leader.

From what I can see with Nosebleeds stats this guy is a decent overall player who then ran really well in the promo against numerous players - pretty insane win rate, but IMO a fair one, which shows that 78% is possible over such a small sample. 

With the guy that played me towards the end of my 50 games, his stats are locked, so I have no info on him - I can only assume they are locked because he has lost a lot as he wasn't very good!

If anyone wants me to scope things for them or if they want to share concerns, just PM me. 
  • edited July 2014
    Just finished my last game...........gonna stick with what I have got and hope it is enough!!!

I echo what others have said regarding stamping out collusion. Somebody having 11 game winning streaks against the same oppo really needs looking into. Yes it is possible but highly unlikely. Just hope sky look into situations like this and check each game accordingly.

Looks like it is going to be a VERY tight finish and best of luck to all!

• edited July 2014
    A quick way of looking into anything suspicious is filtering the games from the start of the promo then clicking most frequent opponents, then just reporting anything suspicious to customer care. It's defo feasible you can heater vs someone over bunch of games, just with alot riding on this promo i think sky need to be extra vigilant and really dissect the games and pick up on anything irregular which i'm sure they are doing or planning to do very soon.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : I would think not all stats are locked for this reason. I'm sure your run  against this guy will be scrutinized by Sky for irregularities  ...as should all the others.
    Posted by Redempt
    Yeah I hope it does as I have nothing to hide, although I beat him a lot he did also beat me a couple of times. Sky also knows that I have played thousands upon thousands of games on their site too, I would like to think that they know a daily grinder from a 50 game newbie who has won nearly all 50.

For me, these are the more suspicious accounts - the ones that have only played 50 games in their sky poker careers - ie they have opened an account, and only played 50 games of heads up, and somehow won nearly all of them... if you look closely there are a couple of these accounts on the leaderboard and also a couple in the "best of the rest" leaderboard.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Yeah I hope it does as I have nothing to hide, although I beat him a lot he did also beat me a couple of times. Sky also knows that I have played thousands upon thousands of games on their site too, I would like to think that they know a daily grinder from a 50 game newbie who has won nearly all 50. For me, these are the more suspicious accounts - the ones that have only played 50 games in their sky poker careers - ie they have opened an account, and only played 50 games of heads up, and somehow won nearly all of them... if you look closely there are a couple of these accounts on the leaderboard and also a couple in the "best of the rest" leaderboard.
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    If you suspect anyone, then just contact sky poker & let them know. Thats what I did, & glad to see that the guy in question has been removed from the leaderboard.
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : If you suspect anyone, then just contact sky poker & let them know. Thats what I did, & glad to see that the guy in question has been removed from the leaderboard.
    Posted by goldnballz
    Have let the right people know, but their names are still there at the moment of writing
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Have let the right people know, but their names are still there at the moment of writing
    Posted by Jacquelyn

I would imagine that for a 20k promotion the checks are gonna be pretty thorough.
    If someone was to say have a rediculous run of fortune against 1 player and that player hadnt played anyone else in the promo and that players statistics where blocked then I guess that would set alarm bells off.
    Id like to add that I would guess skys data to be far more detailed than what a certain on line poker database contains.

Great Promotion by the way, I will deffo be doing the next one.

Mick
  • edited July 2014
    I think this a great promo and they will always be people trying to spoil it for others but i`m sure sky will keep on top of things but I don`t see any harm of others if have suspicions forward to sky just to be on safe side and make the right people dont lose out

One last thing I hope sky do this kinda thing in future maybe even instead of hu sngs possibly top 16 in 6max sng`s or mtts just for change but still do the hu knockout stage. Only ideas though and defo not saying it need changes just other ideas to use in future :).
  • edited July 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Have let the right people know, but their names are still there at the moment of writing
    Posted by Jacquelyn
    I have a good idea of who you are going on about, does look a bit suss but I'm sure (or hope) that any cheats will be busted.

Squeaky bum time! Praying I'm safe!

Great promo, gl all
  • edited July 2014
    Penultimate leaderboard has been published guys.

With regards to collusion, please don't hesitate to report any players you believe to be at it. Our security team are continuing to have an active role in weeding them out of the promo.

There may be a slight delay in publishing the final leaderboard tomorrow to allow for final fraud checks of the qualifiers, please bear with us.
  • edited July 2014
    Myself and oldboy are currently both on 68% with exact same number of games, on the offchance 68 is the cutoff and neither of us have played anymore games what will happen?
  • edited July 2014
    Myself and oldboy are currently both on 68% with exact same number of games, on the offchance 68 is the cutoff and neither of us have played anymore games what will happen?
    Posted by benc
    If that situation does arise benc then we would arrange a playoff between the two players before the last 16 starts next week.
  • edited July 2014
    You've played 50 - 76%
  • edited July 2014
    Redempt scope says you have played 50 HU games, even if you play 2 and lose them i would imagine your seat is locked up so don't sweat it too much.

Pretty concerning to still see clear colluders on both the main leaderboard and best of the rest, any chance we could have a provisional leaderboard before 12pm without these so we have some kind of idea whether to play more etc, this is a great promo but sky really should be onto these cheaters alot quicker so as not to ruin it for others.
  • edited July 2014
    Pretty concerning to still see clear colluders on both the main leaderboard and best of the rest, any chance we could have a provisional leaderboard before 12pm without these so we have some kind of idea whether to play more etc, this is a great promo but sky really should be onto these cheaters alot quicker so as not to ruin it for others.
    Posted by benc

Agree, I'm 15th at moment and REDEMPT will be pushing us down one so would like to know if any above are to be removed

• edited July 2014
    Just had confirmation from Sky Dan that I have hit my 50 Quota. Good luck to all you Guy`s still in with a shout. I was actually very disappointed to not hit the 80s % as I had numerous opportunities only to be ousted by river killers! I must have  easily had the highest different  opponent base right up until my final 11 games , as I rarely re-matched and  played the same opponent , Only in my final push did I do this , as I was getting worried to fill my 50 quota with the time left.
    Posted by Redempt
    Well done Reedmpt!! I hope I don't draw you in the last 16 as you seem to be one of the best on the leaderboards!!!
  • edited July 2014
    Just scoping a couple of players on the leaderboard who i regularly face hu, put together a couple of.. interesting runs.

Player x) 55 games   + £255  against the same opponent during the promo decent 27 game winning streak

Player y) broke even for a bit but had a nice 19 game run  +£95 against the same opponent, who funnily enough hasn't played anyone else in the promo.

How have sky not cracked down on this quicker and deleted them from the leaderboards, appreciate it is difficult to keep check with promo but even so players around 17-22nd may have felt like they were out the running and decided not to try and up winrate and it's also a major sweat for players who are on the cusp like myself.

• edited July 2014
    Just scoping a couple of players on the leaderboard who i regularly face hu, put together a couple of.. interesting runs. Player x) 55 games   + £255  against the same opponent during the promo decent 27 game winning streak Player y) broke even for a bit but had a nice 19 game run  +£95 against the same opponent, who funnily enough hasn't played anyone else in the promo. How have sky not cracked down on this quicker and deleted them from the leaderboards, appreciate it is difficult to keep check with promo but even so players around 17-22nd may have felt like they were out the running and decided not to try and up winrate and it's also a major sweat for players who are on the cusp like myself.                
    Posted by benc
    seems that the forum member's are doing all the detective work not sky,i've seen two people removed from list only after forum member's brought it up on this thread!!!
  • edited July 2014
    i am sure Sky will pick up on these cheaters who Benc and others have mentioned (not by name). What i find amazing is that there are players out there who think no one will notice if they play the same player 17 times and lose them all! As for myself, most £10 hyper players will recognise that i usually play these, and when i saw the promo i was well interested but i had such a lousy start that i decided descretion was the better part of valour. Good Luck to Benc, Larson and TimmyRaRa who i have often crossed swords with. I look forward to watching the live show that covers the finalists.
  • edited August 2014
    Amazing promo Sky, more please:)

Big congratulations to the top 16 tomorrow, i blew my chances losing 4 of my last 5 of the 50, all hypers lol

Good luck to the 16 for next week
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Sky,

First of two posts as they are separate issues...

What format will the knockout stages be played in? - May I suggest that a "best of 3" games for each round? 

Im sure you have probably decided already, but obviously there are many forms - hypers, turbo's, speeds, normals, and of course omaha which I believe one player predominantly played in order to qualify, it would be good to know so we can practice!

Many thanks

• edited August 2014
    Amazing promo Sky, more please:) Big congratulations to the top 16 tomorrow, i blew my chances losing 4 of my last 5 of the 50, all hypers lol Good luck to the 16 for next week
    Posted by LARSON7
    Second post!!

I echo Larson's views on this being a great promotion, well done :-)

To improve in the future, as to avoid some of the collusion issues:

• Qualifiers should play a minimum of 100/150 games
    • Qualifiers should play a minumum of 50 different players
    • Only the first 5 games against any one player should be taken into account
    • Encourage players to play other forms of Poker within any other area of the site (ie dont just create an account, play 50 games of hu, and run away!). Im not sure how you can promote this though...
    • Perhaps run the promotion over a longer time period to encourage more play - more play = generally fairer/clearer results
    Any other thoughts folks?
  • edited August 2014
  • edited August 2014

The suspense is killing me!!! lol

• edited August 2014
    There may be a slight delay in publishing the final leaderboard tomorrow to allow for final fraud checks of the qualifiers, please bear with us.
    Posted by Sky_DanR

Dan, will the final 16 be published today ??
  • edited August 2014
    Thanks for your patience guys, the Last 16 have been finalised and they are:

Rank Alias Winning % S&Gs played Prize
    1 Nosebleed_ 78.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    2 Redempt 73.08% 52 Place in the Last 16
    3 waller02 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    4 shiftty 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    5 spennico 72.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    6 lundie 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    7 johnny_e 70.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    8 murray69 68.25% 63 Place in the Last 16
    9 oldboy271 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    10 benc 68.00% 50 Place in the Last 16
    11 Boxster 67.16% 67 Place in the Last 16
    12 lions86 65.79% 76 Place in the Last 16
    13 MrFish2010 65.52% 58 Place in the Last 16
    14 DEL560 65.17% 89 Place in the Last 16
    15 ElleJaySea 64.15% 53 Place in the Last 16
    16 heddoh18 63.89% 72 Place in the Last 16
    Well done to all who made it!

• edited August 2014
    Well done all.

Best of luck in the cup!
  • edited August 2014
    Boom! Thought i was down and out after 50 games yesterday with 64% but won 11/13 games last night!