You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cup

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Apologies to all who pushed for a bigger % when ultimately they may not have needed to but an unforeseen amount of players failed fraud checks and were deemed in breach of the terms and conditions of the promo and had to be removed. 

Good luck all who did make the last 16.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup:
    Apologies to all who pushed for a bigger % when ultimately they may not have needed to but an unforeseen amount of players failed fraud checks and were deemed in breach of the terms and conditions of the promo and had to be removed.  Good luck all who did make the last 16.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Are those players permanently banned from playing on Sky Dan?
  • edited August 2014
    Will the table just load up on tuesday? or do we have to reg into it? 
  • edited August 2014
    We will be registered on Monday Murray.
  • edited August 2014

Guys

We'll leave this thread open for now but please be careful with speculation and / or accusations. On this point, although some of the people that were removed from the leaderboard were so for breaking rules, this isn't necessarily the case for all of them. There are other reasons, but obviously we cannot discuss individual cases.

Therefore, do not make the assumption that someone who has been removed is a cheat as it may not be the case.

We are happy to have discussions on how to make this promotion better in the future, including stopping some of the things that happened last time but we ask that you post with consideration for the above and our regular forum rules.

Enjoy your weekend and best of luck to those who deservedly topped the table!

Sky Poker Team

• edited August 2014
    Guys We'll leave this thread open for now but please be careful with speculation and / or accusations. On this point, although some of the people that were removed from the leaderboard were so for breaking rules, this isn't necessarily the case for all of them. There are other reasons, but obviously we cannot discuss individual cases. Therefore, do not make the assumption that someone who has been removed is a cheat as it may not be the case. We are happy to have discussions on how to make this promotion better in the future, including stopping some of the things that happened last time but we ask that you post with consideration for the above and our regular forum rules. Enjoy your weekend and best of luck to those who deservedly topped the table! Sky Poker Team
    Posted by Sky_Poker
    What other reasons for being removed are there then? (apart from breaking the rules?!)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : What other reasons for being removed are there then? (apart from breaking the rules?!)
    Posted by goldnballz
    none!!!!
  • edited August 2014
    Firstly want to say full credit to Dan and the fraud team.  Must of been pretty time consuming to go through hand histories, games played etc for each player.  I for one am glad they did and proved that whatever you want to call it, dosen't pay.
  • edited August 2014
    Secondly, I thought this was a great promo (I would say that), but seriously did feel like games were running more frequent and I certaintly played more games/days than I usually would.  I know that Sky has asked for feedback so here go's...

A few years ago there use to be 'League Stars Freeroll' which was shown on SkyPoker TV which I use to really enjoy watching.  

An idea for a permanent Promo could be to make the top 20 top players from 5 categories across the site eg HU STT's, 6 max STT's, MTT's played, cash hands won and top cash for points to compete in a freeroll once a month shown on 861?  Instead of paying the Top 20 in each category anything just enter them into a freeroll where for example 50th-100th places get paid £25 then goes up in increments to £500 for 1st.  This would surely reduce misgivings as wouldn't be GTD big return unless going far in the freeroll.  Don't know what the Promo budget is, but hope it dosen't interfere with Tikays wardrope budget...Just an idea??

GL all.
  • edited August 2014
    Yes well done sky great promo. Not for me personally as Im not a heads up player but for those who are this was a great promo and one that heads up players derserved. Nice to see Sky producing promos for different types of games.

Well done Del I will do my best to tune in and cheer you on!

Ger
  • edited August 2014
    Oh I presume the heads up will be Omaha yeh? Joke! Thats always the difficulty us Omaha players will have the finals are always Holdem pfft!
  • edited August 2014
    Yes well done sky great promo. Not for me personally as Im not a heads up player but for those who are this was a great promo and one that heads up players derserved. Nice to see Sky producing promos for different types of games. Well done Del I will do my best to tune in and cheer you on! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hope you are well Ger and thanks m8!
  • edited August 2014
    Loved this Promo. Would like to see the same format but in DYM'S.
    Good work Sky keep it up.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : What other reasons for being removed are there then? (apart from breaking the rules?!)
    Posted by goldnballz
    THIS - I hope they're all banned!
  • edited August 2014
    Jacqualyn was actually threatening another player with a ban recently for 'colluding' in a £3 dym. reapeated the 'priority reg' line a lot!  :)
    Posted by jimb0d1
    I've seen Jacqualyn do that many times on the tables, almost always when a poorer players beats her.  I don't want to talk trash but I must say  I have been suspicious of some of the things she does for some time now on the DYMS - but I have no evidence to report anything.
  • edited August 2014
    Qualifiers: The Sky Poker Cup knockout stages are in the lobby now. Please note, unfortunately the first round of games due to the nature of them starting at a specific time (9pm) are found under the tournament tab but then the following rounds are under the sit n go tab. A bit confusing I know, but it was the best workable solution. 

If you win your first round game your quarter final will automatically start once you have an opponent so don't go celebrating that first round win too much. It will carry on like that through until the Final.
  • edited August 2014
    Qualifiers: The Sky Poker Cup knockout stages are in the lobby now. Please note, unfortunately the first round of games due to the nature of them starting at a specific time (9pm) are found under the tournament tab but then the following rounds are under the sit n go tab. A bit confusing I know, but it was the best workable solution.  If you win your first round game your quarter final will automatically start once you have an opponent so don't go celebrating that first round win too much. It will carry on like that through until the Final.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Is it not best of 3 or anything then? One game shootouts?

DEL560............ur going down!!! haha (gl m8)

Best of luck to all
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Is it not best of 3 or anything then? One game shootouts? DEL560............ur going down!!! haha (gl m8) Best of luck to all
    Posted by waller02
    Haha m8, bring it on!  I usually play Omaha, so that's my excuse!  C u 2moro! (gl, apart from the 1st game!)
  • edited August 2014
    Good Luck all, gonna be sik playing a free entry one-off HU for a grand first round
  • edited August 2014
    Gl to all involved.... fantastic promotion.

Close to one of the best I have seen
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : I've seen Jacqualyn do that many times on the tables, almost always when a poorer players beats her.  I don't want to talk trash but I must say  I have been suspicious of some of the things she does for some time now on the DYMS - but I have no evidence to report anything.
    Posted by Mayhem357
    Hello,

I hope that this post gets to stay on these boards so that some things can be cleared up on behalf of one of my players.

I am an affiliate and poker player at/for Sky Poker and many other sites, and am writing in regards to one of my players who has asked me to post this here on her behalf.

Jacquelyn has currently had her account suspended for logging in from outside of the UK whilst she was away travelling, this is why she was removed from the SPC. She is pretty upset as most if not all of her qualification games were done in the UK before she went travelling, and has thus lost out on a minimum £500.

She did not know at the time that this was against the rules and the software still ran on her computer, she accepts the suspension and has spoken to the security team.

She wants me to thank Timmirara, jonnyrkd, Waller02 and Alfie123 personally for not coming to the conclusions that Mayhem and MKgunner have on cheating - she is very upset that these players who have played against her regularly came to this conclusion without any proof.

She also wants to thank the "Sky Poker" poster, who, without making it obvious tried to make it clear that some players weren't banned for cheating.

She hopes to have her account reactivated when returning to the UK in a week, so I am sure she will send her own messages then - right now she is unable to do so but I assume she can see all these posts hence her contacting me.

Thank you for reading and good luck to all in the competition, it's a shame i didn't see the emails to enter myself :-(

MM

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Hello, I hope that this post gets to stay on these boards so that some things can be cleared up on behalf of one of my players. I am an affiliate and poker player at/for Sky Poker and many other sites, and am writing in regards to one of my players who has asked me to post this here on her behalf. Jacquelyn has currently had her account suspended for logging in from outside of the UK whilst she was away travelling, this is why she was removed from the SPC. She is pretty upset as most if not all of her qualification games were done in the UK before she went travelling, and has thus lost out on a minimum £500. She did not know at the time that this was against the rules and the software still ran on her computer, she accepts the suspension and has spoken to the security team. She wants me to thank Timmirara, jonnyrkd, Waller02 and Alfie123 personally for not coming to the conclusions that Mayhem and MKgunner have on cheating - she is very upset that these players who have played against her regularly came to this conclusion without any proof. She also wants to thank the "Sky Poker" poster, who, without making it obvious tried to make it clear that some players weren't banned for cheating. She hopes to have her account reactivated when returning to the UK in a week, so I am sure she will send her own messages then - right now she is unable to do so but I assume she can see all these posts hence her contacting me. Thank you for reading and good luck to all in the competition, it's a shame i didn't see the emails to enter myself :-( MM
    Posted by MagicMern
    Hi Mr Mern.

Well none of us know if all that is true, but equally none of us know the facts, only Sky Poker & the player.

And THAT is why all these pointy-fingers threads are so dangerous, which we see so often, & arise when people make assumptions without knowing the facts.

Sky Poker simply CANNOT discuss these matters for all sorts of legit reasons, but the post by Sky Poker was a pretty big hint, I'd have thought. They sure as hell would not come on here & say what they did without good reason, that much is obvious.

Like everyone who reads this thread, I know no more than you do, but we cannot make these assumptions without knowing the facts. And if we don't know the facts, best not to comment.

No doubt the individual concerned will post in due course.

Until then, its really best if assumptions are not made.

It's right & proper that players look out for potential instances of malpractice, but generally, we need to be careful not to jump to conclusions, especially committing them to a public platform.  

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Hi Mr Mern. Well none of us know if all that is true, but equally none of us know the facts, only Sky Poker & the player. And THAT is why all these pointy-fingers threads are so dangerous, which we see so often, & arise when people make assumptions without knowing the facts. Sky Poker simply CANNOT discuss these matters for all sorts of legit reasons, but the post by Sky Poker was a pretty big hint, I'd have thought. They sure as hell would not come on here & say what they did without good reason.   Like everyone who reads this thread, I know no more than you do, but we cannot make these assumptions without knowing the facts. And if we don't know the facts, best not to comment. No doubt the individual concerned will post in due course.   Until then, its really best if assumptions are not made.   
    Posted by Tikay10
    Hi Tikay, 

I completely agree with you. 

I think Mayhems and Mkgunners posts should probably have been taken down really as it causes problems, but that is not my decision.

GL to all involved in the games, are you in it representing the celebs?
  • edited August 2014

If anyone DOES have genuine suspicions of malpractice, do please report them to Sky Poker via Customer Care, ideally in writing.

It is RIGHT to be vigilant, there's no argument about that, we just need to tread with care as to how we handle these things.   

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Hi Tikay,  I completely agree with you.  I think Mayhems and Mkgunners posts should probably have been taken down really as it causes problems, but that is not my decision. GL to all involved in the games, are you in it representing the celebs?
    Posted by MagicMern
    Posts should be removed? Possibly, yes, but it's too late now, & the internet is not written in pencil, once it is out there, it stays out there. Fingers crossed for ALL concerned that this is all an innocent misunderstanding. And like everyone else on the thread, I don't know the facts.

Me? Playing Heads Up? Lol, no chance, I'm officially the world's worst HU player, & the facts prove that particular allegation way beyond doubt. ;)

As it happens, I'm doing tonight's Show, which will cover the Sky Poker Cup Finals, or as much of it as time permits, as I fear it may go on beyond midnight. We shall see. Or not.

• edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Hi Tikay,  I completely agree with you.  I think Mayhems and Mkgunners posts should probably have been taken down really as it causes problems, but that is not my decision. GL to all involved in the games, are you in it representing the celebs?
    Posted by MagicMern
    Out of interest and as a fellow backer will you be speaking to your player about their chat box antics at the tables? Whilst I don't play the same games as the individual concerned,  I feel we have a responsibility at the tables to ensure rec players have an enjoyable experience so wondered as you are now aware of the situation whether you would be doing anything about it? 
  • edited August 2014
    very best of luck to all tonight.

there arent many HUSNG's ANYWHERE running as big as the one-off games you'll be in tonight.

hope you all enjoy it!
  • edited August 2014
    I hope Sky are not discouraged by the hiccups and 'controversy' of this promo. As someone who plays a lot of HUSNG I think this has been great for the site, and I have noticed a considerable improvement in traffic. Prior to the promotion you could be waiting for half an hour or more at any tables at £10+ buy in. 

Whilst its been a great idea, I feel the execution could have been better. Here are some suggestions for future sky poker cups:

1) The volume of games is far too low at 50. Even as a recreational player, I completed this in 2 or 3 days. In order to leave myself with the best chance of a high % I then didnt play again until the last day of the promo. I can see that a number of high volume HUSNG players didnt qualify, as they werent willing to stay at the 50 game mark. In order to combat this  I feel a three tier promo would be best to accommodate all players and that the promo run for an entire month. Tier 3 would be 50-199 games. Tier 2 would be 200-399 games, and Tier 1 would 400+. Then a last 16 for each tier played at the end of the month, with different prize pools for each.

2) The issue of collusion seems to have cropped up a lot. Someone suggested that this should be addressed daily, but I feel this would be impossible for sky to do. Accusing someone of colluding over a 1 day sample would be impossible. I think two things could be done to prevent this. Firstly ensure the promo runs for a month, then do not allow players to sign upto the promo 2 days before the end of it. Cut off date should be 2 weeks before the end, allowing for a greater sample of games to be analysed before the end of the promo. Having a longer running promo will allow sky to analyse games on a weekly basis, and disqualify players earlier than right at the end of the promo. This can be changed to daily in the last week of the promo, as no new players would have been allowed to join after the 2 week mark.

Those are my suggestions for now. Sorry for the long post, but I really feel this has potential to be an excellent promo and so I hope these suggestions help in some way. I feel the promo can really promote HUSNG traffic on Sky, which has really been struggling. Would be great to hear what others feel too. 
  • edited August 2014
    I hope Sky are not discouraged by the hiccups and 'controversy' of this promo. As someone who plays a lot of HUSNG I think this has been great for the site, and I have noticed a considerable improvement in traffic. Prior to the promotion you could be waiting for half an hour or more at any tables at £10+ buy in.  Whilst its been a great idea, I feel the execution could have been better. Here are some suggestions for future sky poker cups: 1) The volume of games is far too low at 50. Even as a recreational player, I completed this in 2 or 3 days. In order to leave myself with the best chance of a high % I then didnt play again until the last day of the promo. I can see that a number of high volume HUSNG players didnt qualify, as they werent willing to stay at the 50 game mark. In order to combat this  I feel a three tier promo would be best to accommodate all players and that the promo run for an entire month. Tier 3 would be 50-199 games. Tier 2 would be 200-399 games, and Tier 1 would 400+. Then a last 16 for each tier played at the end of the month, with different prize pools for each. 2) The issue of collusion seems to have cropped up a lot. Someone suggested that this should be addressed daily, but I feel this would be impossible for sky to do. Accusing someone of colluding over a 1 day sample would be impossible. I think two things could be done to prevent this. Firstly ensure the promo runs for a month, then do not allow players to sign upto the promo 2 days before the end of it. Cut off date should be 2 weeks before the end, allowing for a greater sample of games to be analysed before the end of the promo. Having a longer running promo will allow sky to analyse games on a weekly basis, and disqualify players earlier than right at the end of the promo. This can be changed to daily in the last week of the promo, as no new players would have been allowed to join after the 2 week mark. Those are my suggestions for now. Sorry for the long post, but I really feel this has potential to be an excellent promo and so I hope these suggestions help in some way. I feel the promo can really promote HUSNG traffic on Sky, which has really been struggling. Would be great to hear what others feel too. 
    Posted by lions86
    Great post - both ideas to improve promo seem great. 
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Hello, I hope that this post gets to stay on these boards so that some things can be cleared up on behalf of one of my players. I am an affiliate and poker player at/for Sky Poker and many other sites, and am writing in regards to one of my players who has asked me to post this here on her behalf. Jacquelyn has currently had her account suspended for logging in from outside of the UK whilst she was away travelling, this is why she was removed from the SPC. She is pretty upset as most if not all of her qualification games were done in the UK before she went travelling, and has thus lost out on a minimum £500. She did not know at the time that this was against the rules and the software still ran on her computer, she accepts the suspension and has spoken to the security team. She wants me to thank Timmirara, jonnyrkd, Waller02 and Alfie123 personally for not coming to the conclusions that Mayhem and MKgunner have on cheating - she is very upset that these players who have played against her regularly came to this conclusion without any proof. She also wants to thank the "Sky Poker" poster, who, without making it obvious tried to make it clear that some players weren't banned for cheating. She hopes to have her account reactivated when returning to the UK in a week, so I am sure she will send her own messages then - right now she is unable to do so but I assume she can see all these posts hence her contacting me. Thank you for reading and good luck to all in the competition, it's a shame i didn't see the emails to enter myself :-( MM
    Posted by MagicMern
    Hey Mern, just to be clear, I am not stating that Jacquelyn has cheated I was commenting on her behaviour towards weaker players in the chat box.