You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Sky Poker Cup

Comments

• edited August 2014
    And where is jaquelyn! complaining about colluders! It seems they was one of them!
  • edited August 2014
    I've worked out at least 7 or 8 who have been caught. Been unfair on others who thought they had no chance because of high scores, when so many have cheated.
  • edited August 2014
    Interesting to see if those who have been found cheating are also booted off sky like others have in the past.
  • edited August 2014
    Cant believe my 64% would of made it lol Got to say well done to sky tho. 
  • edited August 2014
    Well done & good luck to all who qualified! Quite surprised at the % required to make the top 16, thought it would be a touch higher. 

Hope that all those found to be cheating are banned from the site!
  • edited August 2014
    Feel sorry for you Murray and the others who played on thinking they need a few extra % and turns out they didn't.
  • edited August 2014
    Been sweating this all day for no reason pretty sickening, hope all colluders cheaters are banned from sky permenantly. Great promo but more work needed on instantly filtering out people who are cheating as alot of players would of given up/felt they had no chance with like 64%-65% and have now lost out. Look forward to playing the tournament though.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup:
    Feel sorry for you Murray and the others who played on thinking they need a few extra % and turns out they didn't.
    Posted by DoubleAAA
    I was lucky that i managed to improved mine, i was looking at 68% as the bench mark and somehow managed a decent run last night. 
  • edited August 2014
    Been sweating this all day for no reason pretty sickening, hope all colluders cheaters are banned from sky permenantly. Great promo but more work needed on instantly filtering out people who are cheating as alot of players would of given up/felt they had no chance with like 64%-65% and have now lost out. Look forward to playing the tournament though.
    Posted by benc
    +1

This should have been monitored daily with colluders instantly removed rather than carrying out one big validation at the end of the promo. There are def loads of ppl who ruined what would have been a winning score by playing on because they thought they were out of it.
  • edited August 2014
    All qualifiers will be entered into the Last 16 tournaments on Monday 4th August. I was of the impression the tournament was tuesday?

Could you clarify when the tournament takes place, and some info about structure how it's going to work etc.
  • edited August 2014
    Alot of people have said this was a great promotion. It really wasn't.

I'm not saying you have to be really stupid to get caught colluding, but I am saying I really hope these people aren't banned from the site because I'd love to see them on my cash tables in future.

Honestly, if there aren't at least one or two who have manipulated their results in this last sixteen, I'd be amazed, staggered, flabbergasted, gobsmacked, astonished, etc...

I hope there is no repeat of this promotion. Suggestions of hundred game samples seem to miss the point that such numbers would exclude most recreational players and anything shy of that leads to the problems we've seen here. 

There is no way to stop two or three people working together on Skype to bump up their results. Intelligent collusion is undetectable for this type of HU win rate promotion. 
  • edited August 2014
    All qualifiers will be entered into the Last 16 tournaments on Monday 4th August. I was of the impression the tournament was tuesday? Could you clarify when the tournament takes place, and some info about structure how it's going to work etc.
    Posted by benc
    The tournament is on Tuesday but you'll be entered on Monday, the structure will be that of a regular holdem heads-up sit n go.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : The tournament is on Tuesday but you'll be entered on Monday, the structure will be that of a regular holdem heads-up sit n go.
    Posted by Sky_DanR
    Is the whole thing live on 861?
  • edited August 2014
    It was a good promo, still stand by that.

But myself along with others were sitting on 64ish, started playing near the end of the promo due to our scores were never going to be good enough.

Based on the updated promo page in the last week.

It's ashame to see that a good number of people in the top 16 were removed, so people sittng on 64 would have been good.

It's a bit of ashame, but it is what it is.

Good luck every1 that made the tope 16
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: Sky Poker Cup : Is the whole thing live on 861?
    Posted by waller02
    I know the TV guys intend to cover it, I don't know to what extent Waller
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck to all. Little bit gutted thought that it would be + 68% to get in had 65% then kept playing.
    Don't understand players who try and cheat!!
  • edited August 2014
    Dynamics of a hu game will be interesting if players can see hands a few moments later on the tv. Will the stacks double as each round goes on or reset along with blinds?
  • edited August 2014
    Dynamics of a hu game will be interesting if players can see hands a few moments later on the tv. Will the stacks double as each round goes on or reset along with blinds?
    Posted by benc
    No they'll reset, just like starting a completely fresh sit n go
  • edited August 2014
    All qualifiers will be entered into the Last 16 tournaments on Monday 4th August. I was of the impression the tournament was tuesday? Could you clarify when the tournament takes place, and some info about structure how it's going to work etc.
    Posted by benc
    Yes it's on Tuesday August 5th
  • edited August 2014
    jacquelyn sent me a very long PM asking about suspicious play. surprised to see him removed, he claimed he was a priority reg? some of the names that have been banned are pretty shocking. fairly big and consistant winners caught colluding. most of them by going on god-mode runs against new accounts. very strange to risk access to a site where you have won 15k+ to win a promo in such an obvious way.

with HUSNG's it would be very hard to keep collusion out of the hand history and maintain a 75% winrate in a 15+ game session, largely due to the number of flips / potential coolers that a normal set of games involves.

i did tell jacquelyn that he shouldnt worry about his potential colluders not being caught as their hand histories would 100% give the game away.

he didnt reply.
  • edited August 2014
    wow don`t believe how many try to cheat, it`s a shame for some that felt had to play more to achieve more than say for example 64% because that would been good enough. Also myself I think finished on 61.5% but gave up because thought I needed 68%+ to get a place and left it kinda late sigh.

I think personally sky could have acted on the cheats sooner like as soon someone finished their min 50 games then checks should have been done but they did catch all the cheats by the end which i`m happy about because would have hated the right people that deserved to be in top 16 lose out so well done sky.

I think it was a great promo and would love see a similar one done in future and gl to the top 16 in the knockout stages vwp all.
  • edited August 2014
    Been thinking about this more, it's actually a total joke that 8-10 people were removed from the last 16 in the last day.
    Posted by LARSON7
    yeah mate you had a good enough win rate to get top 16 if the cheats were spotted sooner 
  • edited August 2014
    Been thinking about this more, it's actually a total joke that 8-10 people were removed from the last 16 in the last day.
    Posted by LARSON7
    got to be gutting 4 ya that these cheat's have cheated u out of a good chance of £5k
  • edited August 2014

Check the winners 1 more time, my 43% might sneak in!

Well done and good luck in the KO round to the winners.

gg HU promos :(

• edited August 2014
    I'd just like to add...

I might think there's a fair chance of cheaters prospering in this competition but I would like to wish the best of luck to those who have got there entirely honestly, whom I'm sure are the majority.

I look forward to watching the show.
  • edited August 2014
    Best way to stay under the radar, is to constantly post berating other players, who have cheated when you are at it yourself. 

This DYM reg should be banned from sky indefinitely, if it is proven that they are infact a cheat. You couldn't make this up. As mentioned on this thread there are several players that continued playing when they didn't need to. I would be extremley peeved if i was them. 

WP and good luck to the eventual winners. 
  • edited August 2014
    Good luck to all. Little bit gutted thought that it would be + 68% to get in had 65% then kept playing. Don't understand players who try and cheat!!
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Arrrrrrggghhhhhhh.    Same as me Timmy. So frustrating.  Was on 66.25% after 54 games then kept getting going after seeing u wud need min 68%. Gr8 promo but a bit peeved now.

Chuck the cheats off Sky
  • edited August 2014
    It's a shame that so many tried to cheat in what appeared to be a fantastic promotion on paper. That's poker players for you I suppose. Full credit to Sky for undertaking what must have been a lengthy and comprehensive examination of the results and acting firmly on their findings.

Good luck to the the 16 who made it on merit.

Maybe I'm stating the obvious here, but if a winning DYM reg has been disqualified for suspected collusion shouldn't his/her DYM results also come under scrutiny?
  • edited August 2014
    Jacqualyn was actually threatening another player with a ban recently for 'colluding' in a £3 dym. reapeated the 'priority reg' line a lot!  :)