You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £24 (Cash tables started 15/10/14, 4NL)

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Am "Going again" and are gonna have a session of 3x 60p DYM's...just want to get in the habit of "getting used to the level" of £1.15 before I start to regularly play them - took me a little while to re-reg as I had to answer a courier at the door and then get myself settles again
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: From £50 to £500 Gary Laud's NEW challenge! First deposit made 8/8/14 (BR Now £48.35):
    i thought you played well. liked the way you dwelled down before you made your descisions. played nice n tight early doors... good. liked the aj hand nice hitting trip aces. calling a bit too much for my liking, but i do it too so not that bad. didn't like the 300 call you made on the bubble with short stack sitting there... the hand you had to fold to players allin shove. but good overall game i thought, wp
    Posted by devonfish5
    Yes that shove in front of me, I didn't like it - Would have loved to have seen what she was holding - I had 2x Prs
    K's & Q's and didn't want to risk not cashing with the shorty behind me in terms of stack levels! though it put me on a real quandary that shove! still I TID so vry happy!
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: From £50 to £500 Gary Laud's NEW challenge! First deposit made 8/8/14 (BR Now £48.35):
    In Response to Re: From £50 to £500 Gary Laud's NEW challenge! First deposit made 8/8/14 (BR Now £48.35) : Yes that shove in front of me, I didn't like it - Would have loved to have seen what she was holding - I had 2x Prs K's & Q's and didn't want to risk not cashing with the shorty behind me in terms of stack levels! though it put me on a real quandary that shove! still I TID so vry happy!
    Posted by GaryLaud
    thats why i didnt like the call pre flop...
    any allin and you had to fold

yep 3 x 60p is good m8  gl  still watching
  • edited August 2014
    wp mate  don't load up next game just yet, i need a chat with you
  • edited August 2014
    Didnt C Ur msg, got another 1 going! - What avenues can you use for chatting? Facebook? Skype? Imessage on Iphone?
  • edited August 2014
    ok never mind you have registered already.

any hands that get ch round twice always put in a small bet on the river if there are chips in the middle... you want them.
    the qa hand liked the 3x raise pre-flop, the only aggression came on river when you hit your queen, prefer a small bet on the turn once you have both checked the flop.liked the 200 click back.. could have been 300 though.

NEVER EVER LEAVE THE TABLE TO MAKE A CUP OF TEA... EVER.

is that clear!!!  you lost chips there and they wanted to blind you away, so don't think any of them are your friends...
    they are not.

if you need a tea or wee... wait untill the end of the game.

twice player to your right limped in making up the small blind, any raise by you especially the second time when there was 400 chips in middle would have got through... probably.
    these are the little things we need to spot and work on.

thats all for now, dev

• edited August 2014
    Didnt C Ur msg, got another 1 going! - What avenues can you use for chatting? Facebook? Skype? Imessage on Iphone?
    Posted by GaryLaud
    i've no i phone or skpe not really into facebook either.
    lets finish these next 2 games and chat

• edited August 2014
    wp mate  keep it going or stop now  up to you
  • edited August 2014
    As others have said, this is quite the impossible task, i wouldnt set the bar that high because your only going to be dissapointed when you dont reach it,

i think if you just doubled it up to £100 over any period thats goiod going
  • edited August 2014

Keep the dream alive, because otherwise, one day you'll go, Ahh...could I have made it?

If you keep trying, at least then when it doesn't happen...you know, you can go: At least I gave it a go.....

• edited August 2014
    wp mate  a win of £1.05 i make it.
    i would have de-regged that last game myself as three on the spin was a good result especially one being a £1 game, but it was your call.

well played mate, not too much wrong just need to up the aggression a little & see the little openings where you can steal chips, which you missed a couple of times, but it's only small things which will come with practise.

have a good night tonight,
    dev
    don't forget to post your new b/r up on the first post so everyone can see it going up

• edited August 2014
    TODAYS DYMS
    60p DYMs
    Played 3 £1.80 Entries
    Success 2 £2.00 Winnings
    Fails 1 £0.20 Variance
    Win % 66.67%    

£1.15 DYMs
    Played 1 £1.15 Entries
    Success 1 £2.00 Winnings
    Fails 0 £0.85 Variance
    Win % 100.00%    

TOTAL VARIANCE TODAY £1.05

A Very good session overall - couple of riskay moments in the £1.15 game which really tested me, but found a key fold and ended up cashing - but lacksadasical to lose the last dym, but was getting pressed for time and played that last one poorly in the last few hands..

Overal, plenty to be pleased about and some fantastic comments from Dev at the table can only fill me with confidence for the games ahead. - Will update the first post now.

• edited August 2014
    you need to go to your first post Gary, and  press 'edit post' then change your bankroll at the top to show your new figure, once you've changed it, press 'save post' down the bottom. make sure you press this or you will lose the whole post.
    your new b/r will then by right and up to date.
  • edited August 2014
    Hi Devon. Will complete this in a second. I realsied after logging off I hadn't done so and tried to do it using my iphone in both the built in Safari browser and mercury browser, I am getting the same issue where none of the save buttons appear...
  • edited August 2014
    SESSION 3 - SUND 10/8
    TODAYS DYMS
    60p DYMs
    Played 4    
    Success 1 £1.00 Winnings
    Fails 3 -£1.40 Variance
    Win % 25.00%    

£1.15 DYMs
    Played 1    
    Success 0 £0.00 Winnings
    Fails 1 -£1.15 Variance
    Win % 0.00%    

TOTAL VARIANCE TODAY -£2.55
    Pretty much disaster of a session on Sund Nt, After having decided to play, I started with a £1 dym, I was going on okay with four left when i got AA. all went ok until the river when my opponent shoves in front of me for around 1.5k - Stupid i quickly call to find he turns over q9o to crush my AA with 2xpr, SIGH, gg

This then kind of set the benchmark for how i played rest of evening, thank god i decided on 60p dyms!!! Played really badly and won just 1 from 4 of these games

As i typed this out, I was pretty mad that a single crazy/bad session has undone the great work witnessed by DEV on Saturday! - lesson, never play competative poker when tired! Time to rebuild again come later today!! (Monday)

EDIT, MOND 11 AUG:- Looking at my games from last night BR should have been £0.69p Lower than what I have posted, but I hadn't realised a bet I placed before my deposit on the USPGA has been rewarded & paid out, that In I had wagered a small amount on Mr McIlroy to win the USPGA and he Did!!!
  • edited August 2014
    Unlucky y'day Gary,
    yeah, always horrible losing with AA isn't it, 
    think you said somewhere on my post he hit 2 pair from flop, which is unlucky for you..
    could you have folded river? maybe, but aa is always hard to let go of aa.

at least you stopped and only lost on the lower 60p games, which is some consolation.
    hang in there,... i went down from £40 to £33 at my start, so i know it can be tough to get going but once you get to £60 or so it will all seem so much easier than it is right now. this is your hard part, once you get this out the way, it should all fall in to place, trust me.

I don't play on Sundays now, as it just doesn't seem to be a winning day for me, but i know just how you feel mate.
    still keep positive, today is the start of a new week, run good play tight, & get that b/r back over the £50 mark.
    best wishes, dev
  • edited August 2014
    see you on the 60's :)
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: From £50 to £??? Gary Laud's NEW challenge! First deposit made 8/8/14 (BR Now £47.74):
    see you on the 60's :)
    Posted by Bane12
    Yes, If I'm playing when you are! I'll catch you on the tables later. I am currently thinking of my sky session between 5pm-6:30pm and another after tea tonight around 9:30pm
  • edited August 2014
    TODAYS DYMS
    60p DYMs
    Played 2    
    Success 1 £1.00 Winnings
    Fails 1 -£0.20 Variance
    Win % 50.00%    

£1.15 DYMs
    Played 1    
    Success 1 £2.00 Winnings
    Fails 0 £0.85 Variance
    Win % 100.00%    

TOTAL VARIANCE TODAY £0.65

Tough but good session today - got myself a win in the first game of the day £1.15 DYM, and then likewise went onto win at 60p Level as well, despite having a "Reg" on my table who seems to be very good at playing short stack and building to very big stacks.

FWIW I also noticed that he/she was putting other players into tough spots and cleverly disguising very big hands!

lost my last DYM when the dynamic of the table was such when four left the other players all started taking major pots off each other and ended up with like 3k in chips to my 700-1000 - despite a double up I still was unable to TID.

HOWEVER, despite all this I've still managed to book myself a winning day, thanks mainly to that £1 DYM cash.

• edited August 2014
    wednesday  13/8/14

what time u thinking of playing today Gary..

i'll try & watch.

gl dev
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: From £50 to £??? Gary Laud's NEW challenge! First deposit made 8/8/14 (BR Now £48.39):
    wednesday  13/8/14 what time u thinking of playing today Gary.. i'll try & watch. gl dev
    Posted by devonfish5
    About 3:30pm? 4pm? 4:30pm? I'll be around all day, so whenever you think would be best, easiest and likely most profitable?
    regards
    Gary
  • edited August 2014
    whenever u like mate, i'm here now if u r about..
    if not now i'll look out for u at 3.30pm

don't think there is a good or bad time to play as such, just depends who is about & when.
    if there is a particular player who you think is good or who you struggle to play against, then it might be a good idea to try & avoid that player i guess. that player might play on certain days or at certain times again at a guess, so i would avoid those times.
    any good regular player will be multi-tabling for sure as a rule, so that's another thing to look out for.
    i now avoid playing the evening session players from 7pm onwards especially as many reg's play at this time. it's not that i don't want to play them but the less reg's on the table the easier it is as a rule.

• edited August 2014
    Gary where are you?
    why are you away from the table so much?
    not out making another cup of tea are you?
    i'm getting concerned about this now, it's happening each session.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: From £50 to £??? Gary Laud's NEW challenge! First deposit made 8/8/14 (BR Now £48.39):
    whenever u like mate, i'm here now if u r about.. if not now i'll look out for u at 3.30pm don't think there is a good or bad time to play as such, just depends who is about & when. if there is a particular player who you think is good or who you struggle to play against, then it might be a good idea to try & avoid that player i guess. that player might play on certain days or at certain times again at a guess, so i would avoid those times. any good regular player will be multi-tabling for sure as a rule, so that's another thing to look out for. i now avoid playing the evening session players from 7pm onwards especially as many reg's play at this time. it's not that i don't want to play them but the less reg's on the table the easier it is as a rule.
    Posted by devonfish5
    So you don't want to play the regs then?
  • edited August 2014
    i'm not biting
  • edited August 2014
    Biting at what?

You said you avoid 7pm onwards as that's when the regs play, then go on to say it's not because you don't want to play them.

Seems like a huge contradiction to me.
  • edited August 2014
    its not that i dont want to play them its just easier for me playing b4 7pm 
  • edited August 2014
    Gary where are you? why are you away from the table so much? not out making another cup of tea are you? i'm getting concerned about this now, it's happening each session.
    Posted by devonfish5
    he does what he wants, he doesss what hee wantssssssssss ohh lord gary he doess what he waaaaaantssssss
  • edited August 2014
    Gary where are you? why are you away from the table so much? not out making another cup of tea are you? i'm getting concerned about this now, it's happening each session.
    Posted by devonfish5
    In the 60p game I won, I had alot going on in the background, probably should have waited some more before starting that one, and then when I finished it, I could have sworn I'd clicked cancel to register for another game, as per the prompt that usually appears but must have clicked accept as there's a 60p DYM LOSS in my account...hence I as probably away for all that game!!!!

Doesn't help when you live "at home" and you get distractions like family calling you away for whatever reason...am about to resume my session, but alas there doesn't seem to be any demand for those 60p DYMs ATM :(
  • edited August 2014
    if your family are causing you distractions then it's probably not optimal for you to be playing at those times of day.
    obviously you choose when you play but if it was me i'd find a better time.
    if you are serious about trying to win money playing dym's you have to give it 100% concentration all the time, as every tiny mistake you make adds up & over time costs you money, especially if/when you move up levels.
    anyway mate, not having a go or anything just want you to succeed that's all.