You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £24 (Cash tables started 15/10/14, 4NL)

123457»

Comments

• edited September 2014
    FRID 26TH SEPT
    So I've just finished playing on Sky for today and here are my numbers of the day's Play.

30p Turbos
    P3
    W2
    L1
    WR 66%
    P/L: +£0.10p

60p DYM: Plyd ZERO

£1.15 DYM:
    P 4
    W 2
    L 2
    WR 50%
    P/L: -£0.60p

So pretty much salvaged today's results with 2x cashes from 2x games after lunch and a 30p turbo result to boot as well. Didn't think I played too good, but seemed to find the correct spot to get my chips in and get my STACK boosted enough to play tight and let the rest crumble around me for the cashing results.

OKAY we've lost 50p today, but as I posted before, I think I can be happy with progress made in recently. I for one know that those who have watched me are noticing some progress within my play. :)

I MIGHT play a little tomorrow (Sat) but I'm off to the football tomorrow to watch Chelmsford Vs Worthing in the FA-CUP and then enjoying myself away from the computer screen on Sunday, So I'll be back playing on Monday!

Run-good everyone!
  • edited September 2014
    Tale of 2x AA's hands!
    So my first DYM went to plan today and I cashed it winning my third £1.15 dym in a row.

Then in my second one of the day, I played it and won a full double up when holding AA's early on.

Then I had a stack of around 3.6k in Chips and open shoved again and got a CALL one of the lower stacked players. 1.k in chips.

Turns over A10 of clubs, and the run out was as follows
    2c Kc 2d 3d 3c

The guy had made a Nut-Flush and I was down to around 2k.

Just a few hands later I called an all-in with my pocket 3's only to find the guy had shoved with 42 of Hearts and flops a SET of 2's, and I'm now down to 1.3k in chips

Then for my exit guy hits runner runner 7 & 2 to kill my shove of 56o which I had to open shove with the blinds climbing and my stack v low having just paid them and no spot to shove...
  • edited September 2014
    JUST Played another £1.15 and have cashed, which is now 2/3 for today.

Now do I continue?? hmmmmmm

55p up for today.
  • edited September 2014
    Nice to see you are winning some £1 games Gary, & your b/r is nice and stable around the £40 mark.
    Keep it going mate, nice & slowly is still the way right now, it's more important not to lose big than it is to win big. :)

• edited October 2014
    BRUTAL, BRUTAL AND EVEN MORE BRUTAL!!!!!!!
    That would be my overal assessment of the way I've been treated at the tables when playing on sky poker today.

I got back into my normal routine of playing DYM's and in those I've ran like absolute nonsence, my first game I got crippled by losing 2x big hands, both of which upon review I think I played VV poorly indeed, and then death came with getting 66 AIPF only to find that my villain hit a J on the end to eleminate me in 5th!

In game 2x, I ONCE AGAIN lost with QQ in an AIPF situation having ran into AA only to find they held up for once - there seems to be a recurring story at present, where no matter what I do with the pair of ladies, I seem to be destined to lose with them, not only here on Sky, but also on other sites as well.

Then in my last game, I was short stacked, shoved my 55 following making a set on the flop only to find 2x villains turn over not only AA but 77 and with a 7 on the flop I was drawing dead in that game too!

CASH EXPERIMENTATION
    I've also recently been trying a little experiment playing 2p/4p cash tables here on Sky. Once again i've been experiencing the kind-of brutal treatment which occured the first time around I tried this exercise.

I've lost 5x KEY hands, of which four of them appear to have been made up of either AA or QQ hands being defeated/outrun either into straights, flushes or othter hands. the other big loss was when I had AK and played it V V poorly.

I won't bore you all with stats but as it stands atm my real BR is now £31.55 following my recent HUGE loses.
  • edited October 2014
    Well,
    What a morale sapping past couple of days THAT was playing on Sky-Poker.

The poker demons have crept onto my table and unleashed hell. I've been getting reasonable start hands and getting my chips in, in all sorts of manners, both good & bad, and ended up constantly on the losing side.

I can't remember a run this bad since around may when I bust my bankroll by losing a large run of dym's but back then I was playing 30p Turbo's.

My shining record on £1.15 dym's upto my weekend away last week 3-6th october read an impressive 17 cashes from 28 played.

However, I've now lost 6 in a row and also lost a 30p turbo I had a crack at. Recent cash games have gone exactly how they did back in april/may time when I tried it. Doing okay and then the balance spun away in 1 or 2 very big losses in hands.

I'm all over the place at present, because although I'm doing really rotten here, I keep winning elsehwere...

I'm now away until monday, and I'll use the weekend to try and think out what I've been doing wrongly or rightly and try and get back to winning ways next week.

BR just above £25.
  • edited November 2014
    RECENT TIMES
    Well here we go with a big update on where things stand now!
    Last post my BR was just above the £25 mark and I was in the midst of a slump! Well things have turned on thier head both online on the poker-tables and also in R/L.

Turned things around in my DYM's and ended up cashing 50% of my four games played over two nights, 12th & 13th October. Then my next session I put in some good volume and played seven games, and cashed four but so could have easily been more.

October 14th was a transitional period for me. I'd been experimenting playing cash at 1NL ($/c) on another site and had done pretty well. I recieved some excellent tips from a well-known sky member and took this on board and embarked on playing some lengthy cash sessions.

I had found that in the DYM's, and advice from some of the more skilled players in this format, together with the cash table advice/tips/tuition I had received, I had built up some good basics of Poker, to the fact that on the 15th October I had my first proper serious winning session on sky and ended my session with a PROFIT of over £4, which to me was very huge!

Inevitably, my next couple of sessions I lost part of my £4 as expected with a couple of rough sessions but I felt good about my game and was seemingly playing quite well, but not hitting much..

I finished october as follows:-
    Cash +£2.35 (4 winning sessions, 1 B/E, 2 losing sessions; -£1.01 & -£2.19)
    DYMS P 35 W 19 L 16 W/R 54% ROI -6%
    C4P +£1.24

November thus far I've barely touched the DYM's and concetrated on a new direction, playing the 2p/4p (4NL) Tables. I now usually only have time to play Monday & Wednesday night and some play on a friday night briefly using the new i-phone app, which is much better now the bet sizing and call/raise/fold buttons are bigger!!!

my NOV 1st session was a disaster and I finished -£2.26, but I salvaged alot of my next three sessions and logged a total profit of +£3.73 for 3x winning sessions.

TONIGHT, MON 17TH NOV
    I've just finished tonight's session and all didn't go too well! I had 2x sessions of 2x tables and played the odd table earlier on in the evening for a micro-loss. There was a couple of tables I played where I just either ran badly or played badly and logged 70p losses on both. However I turned the whole night around with a 35p profit on one table and scooped a couple of Massive hands holding AA and QQ for a QTR B/In at +£1.01 (or half a buy in as I usually sit down with £2, just the way I play and are comfy doing this.)

So where did I finish tonight? well I somehow limited the damage to -19p and I'm quite happy overall with that!

My current BR now stands at just over £32. I will update the topic header now.
  • edited November 2014
    BEST WISHES Gary...

from Dev  (* *)
                     ^

• edited November 2014
    Nice one gary, good too see u taking peoples advice in board now and doing better

Gl  keep it up. 
  • edited November 2014
    Glad to hear you're enjoying your poker Gary. Good luck spinning up at the cash tables.
  • edited November 2014
    WD Gary, good to see you back! :)
  • edited November 2014
    WEDNESDAY 19th
    MY BIRTHDAY!!! WWIIIII

Hoping for a few pressies from the poker-gods and to run like one - starting my session now - as I write I've flopped a set of 9's! Here we go then!

• edited November 2014
  • edited November 2014
    WEDS 19th NOV - SESSION COMPLETE
    Well, the poker gods weren't too kind and some of the hands where the villain could have got there they DID! However I'd say in at least 50% of those situations weren't helped by my "Hero calls".

there was one huge hand which I lost, which when I reviewd the hand history with another forum member who's been helping me along, it was very evident to the more experienced of players that with the bet the villain made on the river and the dangerous board presented, there was only one outcome, and that being that they were holding a K.

The rest of my losses were attributed to blinds going through me, being card-dead for a little while, along with playing too many hands!

so it's a big loss and a dent in my BR but one I feel I can recover from, with my current form and confidence.

CASH TABLES:- 4 (2x 2 tables, split over two 40min sessions)
    TIME PLAYED: 90mins
    PROFIT/LOSS: -£2.53
    BR NOW: £29
  • edited December 2014
    Well and update on Recent shenanigans and things have taken a back-ward step. I will definitely be revisiting the hand-history and re-watching a tuition video to see if I can spot exactly where my leak has creeped in!! especially as the last couple of sessions I've had have been losing ones!

I think I suspect that it could be I'm playing too loose and not playing the board - I just simply don't know at the mo until I check.

Here's a classic for you all to laugh at in my expense!!! I ended up shoving into a full-house, in which I would suspect and imagine I should usually be ahead. However cheeky villain turns over KJ v my KT and it's GG me!

PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalancesnootyclow Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £5.89 F_E_R_G Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £4.93   Your hole cards 10 K       GaryLaud Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £2.49 mondo1985 Fold     TheRat1 Fold     NoHelmet Fold     snootyclow Call  £0.06 £0.20 £5.83 F_E_R_G Fold     Flop    J K K       snootyclow Check     GaryLaud Bet  £0.20 £0.40 £2.29 snootyclow Call  £0.20 £0.60 £5.63 Turn    7       snootyclow Check     GaryLaud Bet  £0.30 £0.90 £1.99 snootyclow Call  £0.30 £1.20 £5.33 River    10       snootyclow Bet  £0.60 £1.80 £4.73 GaryLaud All-in  £1.99 £3.79 £0.00 snootyclow Call  £1.39 £5.18 £3.34 snootyclow Show J K    GaryLaud Show 10 K    snootyclow Win Full House, Kings and Jacks £4.79
  • edited December 2014
    Not sure KTo is a great thing to be playing from UTG, esp for a minraise.

Not shoving after you get this far would be a mistake though, only 1 hand beats you and it's just ul oppo has it.

As you are still inexperienced, I'd suggest playing a much tighter range UTG/UTG+1 until you get more feel for the game.

Hope you're still enjoying the game though, that's the most important thing!
  • edited December 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £22 (Cash tables started 15/10/14, 4NL):
    Well and update on Recent shenanigans and things have taken a back-ward step. I will definitely be revisiting the hand-history and re-watching a tuition video to see if I can spot exactly where my leak has creeped in!! especially as the last couple of sessions I've had have been losing ones! I think I suspect that it could be I'm playing too loose and not playing the board - I just simply don't know at the mo until I check. Here's a classic for you all to laugh at in my expense!!! I ended up shoving into a full-house, in which I would suspect and imagine I should usually be ahead. However cheeky villain turns over KJ v my KT and it's GG me! Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance snootyclow Small blind   £0.02 £0.02 £5.89 F_E_R_G Big blind   £0.04 £0.06 £4.93   Your hole cards 10 K       GaryLaud Raise   £0.08 £0.14 £2.49 mondo1985 Fold         TheRat1 Fold         NoHelmet Fold         snootyclow Call   £0.06 £0.20 £5.83 F_E_R_G Fold         Flop     J K K       snootyclow Check         GaryLaud Bet   £0.20 £0.40 £2.29 snootyclow Call   £0.20 £0.60 £5.63 Turn     7       snootyclow Check         GaryLaud Bet   £0.30 £0.90 £1.99 snootyclow Call   £0.30 £1.20 £5.33 River     10       snootyclow Bet   £0.60 £1.80 £4.73 GaryLaud All-in   £1.99 £3.79 £0.00 snootyclow Call   £1.39 £5.18 £3.34 snootyclow Show J K       GaryLaud Show 10 K       snootyclow Win Full House, Kings and Jacks £4.79
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Hey

preflop raise is questionable but after that you actually played the hand well, the shove on the river was good to see!! but you just got unlucky - it happens we move on.

Only thing i would say is generally DYM standard is a lot easier, so if your not yet profitable at that, i would steer clear of cash, cause you probably will get eaten alive on there - but up to you
  • edited December 2014
    Another session played tonight, which for me to be around on a Sunday is quite rare! Did really well in a couple of spots, got VERY UNLUCKY in another and sometimes played like an absolute fish!

However despite that, some REALLY HUGE hands came to my rescue and I finished the evening some £2 in PROFIT.

Had a quick go on master-cash table #2 (5p/10p) whilst the live-show was on, and won some really good pots. Including stealing the pot with a bigg-ish bet when holding a Nut-Flush (Flopped) and then a rivered full-house vs a made flush on the turn.

Made up for my last session where I had a really serious cooler meaning I ended up some 80p down for my session - It was a situation where I had made a full house, big serious bet by my villain who acted before me, and I then raised all-in over the top of them, who with a snap call turned over pocket kings for QUADS!!!

I will probably upload a selection of my fav's on the clinic to see wether I played it very week, or it simply WAS the cooler it appeared to be!

as I was on the master-cash table and it was a TV table, what are the likely-hood of it being shown on TV?

I did send in one hand req, but they moved to the UKPC final within a few mins of my post and seemed to be booked to follow it to the end of the broad-cast.

IF I am at home early enough to get it shown I'll pop in a request I think!

BTW my BR is As/IS. £22, having made back the recent losses
  • edited December 2014
    TONIGHT'S BEST HAND
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    longman912 Small blind  £0.05 £0.05 £32.71
    Carper211 Big blind  £0.10 £0.15 £19.16
      Your hole cards

Pikey000 Call  £0.10 £0.25 £3.42
    supercrazy Fold     
    GaryLaud Call  £0.10 £0.35 £5.56
    longman912 Fold     
    Carper211 Check     
    Flop

• J

Carper211 Check     
    Pikey000 Bet  £0.18 £0.53 £3.24
    GaryLaud Call  £0.18 £0.71 £5.38
    Carper211 Fold     
    Turn

• J

Pikey000 Bet  £0.36 £1.07 £2.88
    GaryLaud Call  £0.36 £1.43 £5.02
    River

• J

Pikey000 All-in  £2.88 £4.31 £0.00
    GaryLaud Call  £2.88 £7.19 £2.14
    Pikey000 Show

GaryLaud Show

GaryLaud Win Full House, Jacks and 10s £6.65
  • edited December 2014
    TONIGHT'S WORST HAND - FLUSH < NUT FLUSH
    PlayerActionCardsAmountPotBalance
    J1MBOE Small blind  £0.02 £0.02 £6.07
    GaryLaud Big blind  £0.04 £0.06 £2.12
      Your hole cards
    • Q
    • J

Gohsei Raise  £0.08 £0.14 £3.99
    Brrrrrrr Call  £0.08 £0.22 £1.50
    clubhammer Fold     
    J1MBOE Call  £0.06 £0.28 £6.01
    GaryLaud Call  £0.04 £0.32 £2.08
    Flop

J1MBOE Check     
    GaryLaud Bet  £0.32 £0.64 £1.76
    Gohsei Call  £0.32 £0.96 £3.67
    Brrrrrrr Call  £0.32 £1.28 £1.18
    J1MBOE Call  £0.32 £1.60 £5.69
    Turn

J1MBOE Check     
    GaryLaud Bet  £0.36 £1.96 £1.40
    Gohsei Raise  £0.76 £2.72 £2.91
    Brrrrrrr Fold     
    J1MBOE Fold     
    GaryLaud All-in  £1.40 £4.12 £0.00
    Gohsei Raise  £2.00 £6.12 £0.91
    Gohsei Unmatched bet  £1.00 £5.12 £1.91
    GaryLaud Show
    • Q
    • J

Gohsei Show
    • K
    • A

River

• J

Gohsei Win Flush to the Ace £4.73
  • edited December 2014
    So another weds evening free indoors after coming in from a cold shopping trip, After dinner I sat down to a session on Sky Poker. 

Did very well tonight, playing much better than I did the last time I was about on Monday which got very spewy in places and also a big improvement on some of the poor play which has blighted me recently.

Felt very good about my game, made some good bets in places which got through and got lots of folds - felt I had quite an image on the two tables I was at, and my play got the respect it deserved.

Also rather than rushing, I seemed to sit there and think and look at my cards and the middle when an opponent acting before me lobbed in a substantial bet.

there was one fold I was particularly proud of when although I had comitted a few chips (Pence) to the pot, compared to the middle and the bet sizing, I felt I could not really be ahead in the spot and duly clicked the fold button "Meh, protect my stack for laters" I said to myself.

So when it all shook down and I ran the numbers, I finished some £3 up on my buy ins, which due to personal preference is exactly 1.5 buy in's up! so a very decent session indeed and one I'm very happy with! BR has now gone back up again and is just shy of £25.
  • edited December 2014
    Nice going Gary, keep it going  :)
  • edited December 2014
    Great news Gary, keep it up! :)
  • edited May 2015
    Well Done Gary, any further updates?