You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £24 (Cash tables started 15/10/14, 4NL)

Comments

• edited August 2014
    Hi Gary back to what your thread is about POKER.

Well done on your 3 wins in row, see you can win at the 1.15 level which is much better than playing the 60p ones.

Good luck and hope to see you on the 3.30s soon.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD (No Rake % Messages Pls!) BR £47.69 (Deposit 8th Aug 14):
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD (No Rake % Messages Pls!) BR £47.69 (Deposit 8th Aug 14) : +1 Going a bit too far now
    Posted by jdsallstar
    +2 to this. I'll be monitoring this thread very closely now, I take this kind of thing very seriously. Gary's my mate, we go way back on Sky. Hope you win 3/3 today bud!
  • edited August 2014
    Taking the mickey out of someones name certainly is a cheap shot, it shouldn't be alaud.
  • edited August 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD (No Rake % Messages Pls!) BR £47.69 (Deposit 8th Aug 14):
    Taking the mickey out of someones name certainly is a cheap shot, it shouldn't be alaud.
    Posted by Riptide
    Your right Mrs Tide, some people on here just post a Laud of old rubbish..
  • edited August 2014
    Is this thread dead - what's the challenege update?
  • edited August 2014
    Is this thread dead - what's the challenege update?
    Posted by Riptide

I know his last day on sky that I saw he lost a 1.15 then lost a 60p then won two 60p's. So that would count as a losing day. Dunno why he didn't update his fans?

• edited September 2014
    Gary I think you can safely restart your diary again now :)
    Good luck!
  • edited September 2014
    Welcome back mate,

good luck for today!!!

dev
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Dev
    Have pinged you across a PM.
  • edited September 2014
    Thanks Dev Have pinged you across a PM.
    Posted by GaryLaud
    i've replied mate
  • edited September 2014

I know you are having a bad time of it at the moment Gary, but I'm sure you can turn it around.
    Don't think about your bankroll too much at the moment, easier said than done though, that will take care of itself over time.
     try & do your best to win each game & be as aggressive as you can when you play a hand.
    Watch what your opponents are doing, as this is all vital information for you & we can make our decisions on how best to play against them.
    playing 1 or 2 tables this should be quite east to do. who limps in who raises, who slow plays hands, what hands are each player prepared to go all-in with & when in the game, ie; jj or qq on levels 1 & 2, etc,  do they limp in with pocket pairs & bet like mad when they've hit their trips v your aa or kk, etc.  do they play ace rag, ie; A3 etc v our AK or AQ & how do they play them, ie; bet when they hit 2 pair or check when they only hit their ace.   these small pieces of information are always repeated so should easily be spotted. you have to make notes on every player at your table, every single game you play.

• edited September 2014
    sent you another pm Gary, re internet connection
  • edited September 2014
    Hi All - Thanks very much for your well wishes..
    I have updated my first post to log my current BR. Now sat at around £39..which YES I know it's dropped £11 since I started this challenge, although it has been said, whilst I am undertaking this process and in the early stages of ANY BR challenge, it can be expected to drop - so I'm not panicing yet!

Just been looking over my results In the month that I have undertaken this challenge since depositing, and have achieved a success rate of around 51%. This figure in itself isn't too bad, but I need to make it that LITTLE Bit higher in order to become a Successful/Break-even, which I would be doing so IF I can garner out another 11%.

Once I get this additional %'age sorted I feel that naturally my BR will move forward..

I am continually analysing and working on my game and feel that results will come in time..especially as it seems that I am currently "on the receiving end" of some pretty nasty outdraws..

Onwards & Upwards!
  • edited September 2014
    Good luck with your challenge Gary. I'm really pleased that you have decided to start posting again. 

One quick thing.  62% would probably make you the best Dym player on the sitem
    One step at a time eh! 
  • edited September 2014
    @Jac35 +1

Yeah, well I guess it certainly means I'm not doing too bad then - I know that you CAN build a BR through playing these games, as Devonfish has certainly demonstrated.

He has watched me on a number of occasions and I have recieved many a valueable tip from him.

Keep an eye on yr PM's.

IF you are around during the afternoon, and providing my internet works OK, I'm currently planning to return to the tables on Friday. I've had NET issues ALL week,  so hopefully all should be fixed by then!

• edited September 2014
    Glad to see your back posting Gary, & posting up your b/r is also commendable.
    keep with it mate, i'm sure you will only benefit your game by posting & your b/r will follow accordingly.
    any hands you are not sure about post them up here or in poker clinic/dym thread & get them looked at.
    Good luck & best wishes,
    dev
  • edited September 2014
    One quick thing.  62% would probably make you the best Dym player on the sitem
    One step at a time eh! 

2nd best player i think....

July summary...

starting bankroll (inc june c4p)  £62.62

FINISH BANKROLL (not inc july c4p of £6.22)  £136.65   profit £74.03   (£80.25 inc c4p)

games played..

£2   W  7   70%    +£12.25
           L   3   30%    -£6.75       profit  £5.50

£1   W  192  65.3%   +£163.20

L   102  34.7%   -£117.30    profit  £45.90

LOL

• edited September 2014
    Good to see you back, I will read with interest
  • edited September 2014
    Hi gary good luck in ur challenge. If I can add any advice I will!

ger

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £39.52 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50):
    Once I get this additional %'age sorted
    Posted by GaryLaud
    Imagine if you played a game with less % rake.  That additional would be instant.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £40.77 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50):

Friday 12/9/14
    Very good session today and somewhat of a short one. I played in 2x DYM's and cashed both, so although the temptation was there to play-on and build the BR some more, I took the option to cease and do a "devonfish" and "Book the win"

Couple of awkward spots within game 1 @ 60p level where I was putting money into a raise then got re-raised, and was enforced to give up my str8 draw when I noticed the board and the betting suggested my opponent possibly "Had it"

Still I was pleased to fight back and ended up eliminating another player when he called my large bet with an all-in and found he was drawn-dead.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

SESSION RESULTS
    P 2
    W2
    P/L +£1.25 
    BR NOW :  £40.77
    Moving forward in correct way!

• edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £40.77 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50):
    In Response to GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £40.77 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50) : Friday 12/9/14 Very good session today and somewhat of a short one. I played in 2x DYM's and cashed both, so although the temptation was there to play-on and build the BR some more, I took the option to cease and do a "devonfish" and "Book the win" Couple of awkward spots within game 1 @ 60p level where I was putting money into a raise then got re-raised, and was enforced to give up my str8 draw when I noticed the board and the betting suggested my opponent possibly "Had it" Still I was pleased to fight back and ended up eliminating another player when he called my large bet with an all-in and found he was drawn-dead. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SESSION RESULTS P 2 W2 P/L +£1.25  BR NOW :  £40.77 Moving forward in correct way!
    Posted by GaryLaud

good luck

vin
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £40.77 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50):
    In Response to GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £40.77 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50) : Friday 12/9/14 Very good session today and somewhat of a short one. I played in 2x DYM's and cashed both, so although the temptation was there to play-on and build the BR some more, I took the option to cease and do a "devonfish" and "Book the win" Couple of awkward spots within game 1 @ 60p level where I was putting money into a raise then got re-raised, and was enforced to give up my str8 draw when I noticed the board and the betting suggested my opponent possibly "Had it" Still I was pleased to fight back and ended up eliminating another player when he called my large bet with an all-in and found he was drawn-dead. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ SESSION RESULTS P 2 W2 P/L +£1.25  BR NOW :  £40.77 Moving forward in correct way!
    Posted by GaryLaud

Keep going bud. Nice chatting to ya in those 60p's you were in, when was that last week?

• edited September 2014
    Monday 15/9/14
    P2
    L2
    BR -£1.20 (Curr £39.57)

So back down under £40 again after two losses today. What with luck etc, I decided to stop at after the second game as clearly things were not going v well.

1st game I GII and lucked out in yet ANOTHER flush v gr8'er flush situation.

Second game I just played a bit poorly.

ALOT of thinking to do poker-wise as my form is yo-yoing at the moment and I think I'm trying to play too many hands rather than focusing on premiums and shove situations late on!
  • edited September 2014
    Your bankroll is going to remain very stagnant (in profit or loss) if you just play 2 DYM's at a time. Obviously nothing wrong with this, just don't expect any big moves in either direction with such limited volume under your belt.
  • edited September 2014
    Load up the £5.50 games, theyre weak as hell lets get some serious mulllaaa in ur account
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £39.57 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50):
    Your bankroll is going to remain very stagnant (in profit or loss) if you just play 2 DYM's at a time. Obviously nothing wrong with this, just don't expect any big moves in either direction with such limited volume under your belt.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Yes i know and dig what your are saying hhy, but other thing is what with todays bad form and outdraws i think i have played it correct and protected my BR by stopping after just the 2x games!! Could easily have gone onto play more on friday but time constraints and alll that, and was happy with the small gain..

If i get time i will do a bigger session soon!!
  • edited September 2014
    Weds 17th Sept (Afternoon Session)

P5
    W3
    L2
    W/R 60%
    P/L = 0.00 (break even)
    BR remains £39.57

Played five games today. Lost the first game when I played quite poor AGAIN, and failed with an attempted bluff leaving my stack quite low. The I shoved with A5, which wasn't particularly the best of hands to go with but I knew I'd have at least a 40% chance. %'ages lowered when villain turns over quuens and I drew-dead on the flop when the Jammy S** FLOPPED QUAD QUEENS!!!!!

The other game I lost was one which dragged on until Blind Level9, and could quite easily have gone either way. "Quite unbelievable" was one phase used in the chat-box.

In another game which I cashed, a maniac bet into me and kept raising when I was holding QQ's - I wasn't letting that one go, when there's only 1x other starting hand I'm behind tCo. You can imagine my shock when villain turns over Kx and goe's onto win the hand with 2xPrs with both hole-cards pairing!!!

There was some Fun in the chatbox about his (Villains) betting and I replied that I felt good playing QQ's and about my suprise when he turned over what he did!

The VERY NEXT hand the DYM was over as the player who wrote in the chat box shoves with around 2.1k in chips and the Kx player who beat my pocket queen's shoves behind and ends up winning the hand AND the DYM in 1st place! Crazy game

I finished this session break-even, which is a bit of a funny dynamic as when playing 5x games at 60p level if you win 3 of them, you end up break even....I don't know whether this is the same at other levels, but I suspect this may be the case or you may finish with a small profit at such a win-rate as I finished with - 60%.
  • edited September 2014
    In Response to Re: GARY L'S BR THREAD BR £39.57 (Starting BR 8th Aug 14 - Aprox £50):
    I finished this session break-even, which is a bit of a funny dynamic as when playing 5x games at 60p level if you win 3 of them, you end up break even....I don't know whether this is the same at other levels, but I suspect this may be the case or you may finish with a small profit at such a win-rate as I finished with - 60%.
    Posted by GaryLaud
    OK, I'll take the bait...

Once you get to the £3.30 games, a 60% win rate would get you around 9% ROI and see a healthy profit... entirely because of the lower rake vs rake at the 60p games.

Even at the next level up from your current games (the £1.15 games) the ROI on a 60% win rate would be around 4%...

Well done all the same though, a 60% win rate is really good going... as can be seen from Sharkscope, it is far better than my results at the DYM format!!

ps my ROI calcs are very rough and ready so my apologies if I'm slightly out with my maths!
  • edited September 2014
    I finished this session break-even, which is a bit of a funny dynamic as when playing 5x games at 60p level if you win 3 of them, you end up break even....I don't know whether this is the same at other levels, but I suspect this may be the case 
    Posted by GaryLaud
    It did get silly in the end, but when people were constantly advising you about rake at micro stakes, they weren't lying. 

Accepting it and getting on with it anyway is 1 thing, but it sounds like it didn't even register?