You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : FML it is £550 so only a £9 discount. Thanks for that Bates.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Always a pleasure sir!
  • edited October 2015
    Well done, and good luck in Nottingham.

Always enjoy reading the thread. Have you found doing the thread has focussed the mind or been a distraction?

Wondered if you had plans to keep thread going next year as well?
  • edited October 2015
    Well done, and good luck in Nottingham. Always enjoy reading the thread. Have you found doing the thread has focussed the mind or been a distraction? Wondered if you had plans to keep thread going next year as well?
    Posted by Brrrrrrr
    Hi ya Brrrrrr thanks for your kind comments really do appreciate it. Hmmm obvioulsy i really put my self out there by doing this diary setting my targets etc but it has really focused me and kept my game really tight and disclipned. It's the best year i've had so the diary is defiantly helping and yeah I think I will do another year.
  • edited October 2015
    Keep working on those Vegas funds Timmy :)
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by Donttelmum
    He is hoping to sat into the Main event, current estimates are that he needs $9999 for sats!
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Is MattBates allowed to come with us lads to Vegas or is it just Priority Players ?
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : He is hoping to sat into the Main event, current estimates are that he needs $9999 for sats!
    Posted by MattBates
    Haha you ****!!
  • edited October 2015
    Just a quick update.
    Ive just finsished a 14 hour grind on Dym's 8-12 tabling it was the last day of Priority Daily points race so with it being double points on all Sng's I thought I would try smash in a big points day so i played 272 games £5-£55 levels and i got 8755 with a small profit of + £7. Wow what a grind that was the longest ive done only breaks i had was nipping to the toliet most points ive ever made in 1 day so I'm hoping that was enough to win the £250 1st prize for most points in the day. So I'm going to get some sleep now as im going to play the WPT500 at DTD 2morrow playing the 5.00pm flght.
    Have a good weekend all.

Next update Monday!!

• edited October 2015
    A lot of respect for that work ethic matey, a lot of respect.
  • edited October 2015
    A lot of respect for that work ethic matey, a lot of respect.
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Deffo this!

Also, when DTM says he respects the grind ethic you know your doing well!
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Is MattBates allowed to come with us lads to Vegas or is it just Priority Players ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Words hurt sir.....words hurt
  • edited October 2015
    Cheers lads sick praise of two TOP players!!
  • edited November 2015
    October 2015 Results :

Online :

Dym = + £2706
    Tourney = - £16
    Cash = - £101
    Promo = + £1405
    Points = 36575
    Points Bonus = + £1054
    Stars = - £148
    DTD Sats = - £541

Live :

Tourney = - £45
    Cash = + £38
    Expenses = - £66

Hours = 231

TOTAL = + £4286

Hi all sorry it's a few days late but October is finally done and I'm buzzing with my figures best month since i've gone full time.

Highs :

1. 3rd in the Punta Cana rake race.
    2. 1st in the Daily points race making 8355 points (double points) in 1day most ever for me.
    3. Best Dym month ever.

Lows :

1. Not making day 2 of the WPT 500.

Targets for November :

1. Make + £2k profit.
    2. Make + 30k points.
    3. Make a UKOPS Main FT.
    4. Make profit over the UKOPS series.

TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £24,661

Next update Thursday!!

• edited November 2015
    Great month Timmy, congrats bud,
  • edited November 2015
    Great month Timmy, congrats bud,
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Thanks buddy.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi Timmy - Been following this diary for a while, but not posted very impressive consistent results and an incredible month in October, well done!

Whenever I see your name pop up on the DYM's I always get the CBeebies 'Timmy Time' song come into my head! (Probably won't mean anything if you don't have kids!).

Did you end up going to the darts when you was out in Dublin and which matches did you see if you did? I love the darts, only reason I keep my Skysports subscription.

All the best.

Greg.
  • edited November 2015
    Hi Timmy - Been following this diary for a while, but not posted very impressive consistent results and an incredible month in October, well done! Whenever I see your name pop up on the DYM's I always get the CBeebies 'Timmy Time' song come into my head! (Probably won't mean anything if you don't have kids!). Did you end up going to the darts when you was out in Dublin and which matches did you see if you did? I love the darts, only reason I keep my Skysports subscription. All the best. Greg.
    Posted by GREGSTER

Hi Gregster thanks for the comments. Yeah i no Timmy time my nephew use to watch that all the time lol. Yeah we went to the darts in Dublin we all went in fancy dress as bottles of beers. To be honest the atomshphere wasnt the best as we was in dublin i thought it would of been crazy but we went to Nottigham for Premier league darts and that was so much better. We went to the semi finals so we see Van gerwan hamilton chisnel and some other bloke lol.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi Gregster thanks for the comments. Yeah i no Timmy time my nephew use to watch that all the time lol. Yeah we went to the darts in Dublin we all went in fancy dress as bottles of beers. To be honest the atomshphere wasnt the best as we was in dublin i  thought it would of been crazy but we went to Nottigham for Premier league darts and that was so much better. We went to the semi finals so we see Van gerwan hamilton chisnel and some other bloke lol.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    I did think the atmosphere looked a bit flat on a few of the nights, but hard to tell from TV. May try and get tickets for the Notts leg next year as that is closest to me. Got tickets for Alley Pally on 27th December which I am looking forward to, atmosphere is usually good there.
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : I did think the atmosphere looked a bit flat on a few of the nights, but hard to tell from TV. May try and get tickets for the Notts leg next year as that is closest to me. Got tickets for Alley Pally on 27th December which I am looking forward to, atmosphere is usually good there.
    Posted by GREGSTER
    Wow Alley Pally will be quality nite and yeah i think me and my mates will be going to the Nottingham one so mite see ya there.
  • edited November 2015
    Good stuff sir! 

See you at the tables, or Kmarts stream!
  • edited November 2015
    Good stuff sir!  See you at the tables, or Kmarts stream!
    Posted by CLukey05
    Thanks CLukey05 gl at the tables too.
  • edited November 2015
    Sunday 1st November 2015 Results :

Dym = + £178
    Tourney = + £236
    Points = 1750
    DTD Sats = - £71

Hours = 13
    Total = + £343

Monday 2nd November Results :

Dym = - £80
    Tourney = - £71
    Points = 1568
    Points Bonus = + £233
    Stars = - £4

Hours = 13
    Total = + £78

Tuesday 3rd November Results :

Dym = + £121
    Tourney = + £317
    Points = 698

Hours = 11
    Total = + £438

Wednesday 4th November Results :

Dym = + £159
    Tourney = - £33
    Points = 1110
    Stars = + £5

Hours = 10
    Total = + £131

Hi all as you can see i've had very solid start to the month. 3 + days out of 4 on my Dym's making + £378. Obviously its UKOPS and i've been enjoying it havent played this amount of tourneys for a long time had a few decent results so im up + £449 over the series.

POINTS = 5126
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £990
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £25,651

Next update Monday!!

• edited November 2015
    Amazing results for October, very well done.

Question for you...231 hours over the month,  breaks down to an average of 57 hours a week.

Is that fluid or do you try and keep to a structured timetable and give yourself a regular time of the week off?

And another question spring to mind which feel free to ignore, but now you are a fully fledged poker pro are you still enjoying the game as much or does it ever start to feel like a chore, because with the hours you are putting in, I hope it is something you don't now regard as a bind.

• edited November 2015
    Hi Brrrrr thanks for the comments. I just had a look in my diary at home and im averaging 203 hours per month this year.
    I do try and and spread it out over the week i dont have any set days off  but of course if ive got plans or just dont fancy grinding i will have any day off. You here some players and had someone say at the start of this diary that i will hate poker now its my job etc but for me its the totally oposite i do love grinding i take the dog for a long walk every morning ( 11ish lol ) then go play racketball and gym i do love coming home to grind. Who knows in 2/3 years if i will feel the same but at the minute i love it.
  • edited November 2015
    Thursday 5th November 2015 Results :

Dym = - £24
    Tourney = - £43
    Points = 1278

Hours = 10
    Total = - £67

Friday 6th November Results :

Dym = + £202
    Tourney = - £189
    Online staking = - £28
    Points = 833
    Stars = - £4

Hours = 10
    Total = - £19

Saturday 7th November Results :

Dym = + £259
    Tourney = - £33
    Points = 740

Hours = 8
    Total = + £226

Sunday 8th November Results :

Dym = + £101
    Tourney = + £67
    Points = 765
    Stars = - £6

Hours = 8
    Total = + £162

Hi all hope your all had a good weekend ? I had nothing planned so just a weekend grinding for me. Dym's went pretty well making a solid + £538. No deep run's in any of the Ukops main's but i did manage to come 2nd in the £22 Omaha Ukops event for £400 really enjoyed it. Not much planned this week so just more Dym's and Ukops events ive got a big family meal friday for nan's bday so couple of beers and some good food and then Saturday im going with Kgee his girlfriend Paige and her friend Ruth to Old Trafford to watch David Beckham's charity match should be good as both line ups have massive names Zidane and Ronaldinho are the two I'm looking forward to seeing.

POINTS = 8772
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £1292
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £25,953

Next update Thursday good luck all in UKOPS!!

• edited November 2015
    Nice work kid!
  • edited November 2015
    mate I echo other people thoughts excellent results wish I could put the hours in like this. gl for rest of ukops.
  • edited November 2015
    Well done again Timmy

More importantly, Ruth?
  • edited November 2015
    Well done again Timmy More importantly, Ruth?
    Posted by Jac35
    It sounds like a double date and Timmy seems more excited about Ronaldinho! 
  • edited November 2015
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : It sounds like a double date and Timmy seems more excited about Ronaldinho! 
    Posted by MattBates
    Nah
    Think he's just getting it quietly again