You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Tuesday 1st March 2016 Results : Live poker Tourney = + £60 Expenses = - £5
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

Really curious so I gotta ask....what was the £5 expenses?  Bus fare?  :-
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Really curious so I gotta ask....what was the £5 expenses?  Bus fare?  :-
    Posted by Glenelg
    Pint of course
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Really curious so I gotta ask....what was the £5 expenses?  Bus fare?  :-
    Posted by Glenelg
    Haha i always get banter for my expenses i write down :0
    I was driving so just a couple of pints of coke.
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Haha i always get banter for my expenses i write down :0 I was driving so just a couple of pints of coke.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

I know.  Hope you noticed I didn't quiz you on the £280 exs.  I know "partying" can be expensive.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : I know.  Hope you noticed I didn't quiz you on the £280 exs.  I know "partying" can be expensive.
    Posted by Glenelg
    Yeah that was a tough weekend of expenses :)
  • edited March 2016
    Finally reached the end of the Diary (cheers for not spoiling the ending).

Reaally amazing year last year mate, 40k near enough is an amazing achievement, and you have had a great start to the year too. Great to read this diary, it does inspire other people and it also helps them with their own game, seeing the discapline and the rules you stick too, to maintain your success.

Just wanted to say keep it up and GL, will see you on the tables pal.

• edited March 2016
    Finally reached the end of the Diary (cheers for not spoiling the ending). Reaally amazing year last year mate, 40k near enough is an amazing achievement, and you have had a great start to the year too. Great to read this diary, it does inspire other people and it also helps them with their own game, seeing the discapline and the rules you stick too, to maintain your success. Just wanted to say keep it up and GL, will see you on the tables pal.
    Posted by Shelley7
    Welcome to the Forum, Shelley, that's a cracking maiden post, & I agree with every word.

What an inspiration Timmy is, too, & it shows that nice guys do win.

• edited March 2016
    In Response to Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    Hi all Timmyrara here I always wanted to start a diary on Sky poker so here we go. My name is Tim Rowland im 27 years old from Boston ( Not in America ) in Lincolnshire. Out of poker I pretty much love all sports but mainly Football big Man u fan love my Box sets my favourites are Sopranos Breaking Bad and the Wire and i love a good drink with the lads. I fell in love with poker when I was 15/16 coming home from youth club on Friday nites slapping channel 4 on and watching Late nite poker and ive been hooked ever since. 4 years ago I started writing down every live and online session into a diary so I could show my family I wasn't a crazy gambler and I actually made money from my hobby. I always wanted to go Full time but the timing never felt right but Dec 13 I thought im not married and have no kids why not give it ago had a good talk with family and in Feb 2014 I was Full time I just missed my target for the year but still made a ok wage so overall I was happy. Started grinding 100nl 6-8 tables plus some tourneys. 1st 5 months went fine on cash but then seemed to hit brick wall for like 2 months so for the last 4 months I moved to Dyms £11-£55 I finished the year nicely with 4 solid months. My targets for 2015 are : Online Top 10 leaderboard on Sharkscope for Sngs Top 20 leaderboard on Sharkscope for Tourneys. Avg 25k - 30k points a month on Sky. Live Play more £100 + tourneys at Dusk till dawn Try sats to play to GPS Tour Gukpt and Sky events Im not a greedy person so my target for the year will be the same as last year £15k - £20k overall profit just missed it last year so with it being my 2nd year bit my more experience behind me im confident I will get there. Im not saying this is gonna be a crazy exciting diary im just a normal lad from a small town who loves poker and loves talking about poker and oh yeah im trying to make it my job. I will try and post daily hope you enjoy and thank you for reading.
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

absalutley fantastic kid, only just read this, speak to you soon, gazscoooper

• edited March 2016

You really are a glass half full sort, Timmy.

I have nothing but admiration for your outlook on poker.
  • edited March 2016
    Friday 4th March - Sunday 6th March 2016 Results :

Dym = - £40
    Points = 4760

Hours = 17
    Total = - £40

Las Vegas Promo

Monday 7th March - Sunday 20th March Results :

Dym = + £281
    Points = 30946

Hours = 160
    Total = + £281

Hi all were back lockdown has finished and we do it wiiii 1st in the Sng leaderbord for the Las Vegas Package. As you no I went with Sky poker last year so I knew how good the package was so the plan was go super hard 1st week and then have a big enough lead to take the foot off the 2nd week and thats how it worked out 1st week did 95 hours 8-12 tabling any Dym from £3-£110 and even turbo's which i never play wasnt easy at times but we got the lead we wanted and then 2nd week we took away turbos and just played my regular Dym's but still doing another 65 hours and then by Friday I had it won with 4 days to go :).
    Good luck to everyone in the 2nd chance Freeroll and then other players attempting the Sng leaderboard. Also big shout to JmcCrrirck for winning the cash leaderboard and my best bud Kgee who won the Main and the mini this month GG buddy.

POINTS = 36139
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £1331
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £9880

Next update Thursday!!

• edited March 2016
    Hi Shelley and Gazscooper sorry for the late reply's but thank you for your comments im glad you find the diary and I hope you continue to enjoy :)
    and also Mr Sky poker himself Tikay always love when you comment on my diary and thank you for you kind comments means alot thank you see ya in Vegas Sir.
  • edited March 2016

Chuffed to bits for you Timmy, well done on winning that Vegas package. Not sure if I'll see you in Vegas yet, nothing has been confirmed, but either way, I am pretty sure that this year will be the best VLV ever.  

• edited March 2016

".....the plan was go super hard 1st week and then have a big enough lead to take the foot off the 2nd week and thats how it worked out 1st week did 95 hours 8-12 tabling any Dym from £3-£110...."

Wowzer, almost 14 hours per day for 7 days straight?

You certainly earned that trip Timmy, & it's good to see hard work & a good plan work out so well. 

You did it profitably, too, with a profit from the games, plus your Rewards payments, which must have been considerable.

Top work.  
  • edited March 2016
    ".....the plan was go super hard 1st week and then have a big enough lead to take the foot off the 2nd week and thats how it worked out 1st week did 95 hours 8-12 tabling any Dym from £3-£110...." Wowzer, almost 14 hours per day for 7 days straight? You certainly earned that trip Timmy, & it's good to see hard work & a good plan work out so well.  You did it profitably, too, with a profit from the games, plus your Rewards payments, which must have been considerable. Top work.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Oh right sorry I just always thought you was on these trips i hope you get the go ahead to come again.
    Yeah i was really happy to make profit on the tables over the 2 weeks as i was no were near playing my best as I only usually do 4-6 tables so adding another 6 wasnt easy at times and yeah i got £620 in weekly bonus's and another + £456 added to my montly bonus.
  • edited March 2016
    Nice grinding Timmy
    GL in Vegas
  • edited March 2016
    Nice grinding Timmy GL in Vegas
    Posted by VespaPX
    Thank you :)
  • edited March 2016
    Well done Timmy
  • edited March 2016
    Yup, excellent stuff Timmy. Another great year for you is my prediction!
  • edited March 2016
     Thank you Jac35 and yuranASSet :)
  • edited March 2016
    Awesome effort Timmy, good luck in Vegas.

Over 30,000 points in 2 weeks is frightening. I have been playing here 9 years and have just over 50,000 points.
  • edited March 2016
    Sick grind nicely done timmy, whats the grind plans for rest of the month? gonna take it easy give yourself a few days off? What's a typical day when you're doing 14 hours, like literally get out of bed grind few breaks sleep? you do anything to help with the mental fatigue? 
  • edited March 2016
    Sick grind nicely done timmy, whats the grind plans for rest of the month? gonna take it easy give yourself a few days off? What's a typical day when you're doing 14 hours, like literally get out of bed grind few breaks sleep? you do anything to help with the mental fatigue? 
    Posted by benc
    I imagine he does a Google image search of the Palazzo and that suddenly eradicates it ;)

Nice one Timmy, much deserved.
  • edited March 2016
  • edited March 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : I imagine he does a Google image search of the Palazzo and that suddenly eradicates it ;) Nice one Timmy, much deserved.
    Posted by hhyftrftdr
    Desktop wallpaper is the old trick!
  • edited March 2016
    well done timmy lad was rooting for you! enjoy the trip
  • edited March 2016
    Well done on the hard work should be some decent rakeback to come as well
    Always wanted to take a run at one of these league promos unfortunately I would likely get a divorce to go along with the Vegas trip! Might give you a run for your money in 18 years or so though!
    Enjoy Vegas hope u get a big score
  • edited March 2016

Very well done Timmy and good luck in Vegas
  • edited March 2016
    Monday 21st March 2016 Results :

Dym = + £26
    Points = 65
    Ponts Bonus = + £159

Hours = 1
    Total = + £185

Tuesday 22nd March Results :

Dym = + £17
    Points = 385
    Stars = - £30

Live Poker

Tourney = + £70
    Expenses = - £15

Hours = 7
    Total = + £42

Wednesday 23rd March Results :

Dym = + £81
    Points = 80

Hours = 7
    Total = + £81

Thank you Gregster,Benc,Mrsduck,Yuranasset,Itsover4u,Ih8ubutler and Supersnedd I no I always say it but really do appreaicte the support :)

So 3 chilled out sessions online and 3 + days and even went for a little pub game with my dad tuesday both coming 1st and 2nd. So 2nite going to another pub game were they usually get around 20 of us so that should be a good laugh again with my dad and maybe Kgee to. Friday going to take my little nephew out for abit of dinner and he also wants me to take him shopping i think hes after some new xbox games. I think friday nite I will be play some Ukops events Saturday me and Kgee are going to play a £110 2day wpt event £30k gtd at DTD and then sunday hopefully make day 2 if not will be playing some more Ukops event. Could of gone on all dayer sunday but not up for a drinking session like that at the minute with Las Vegas just round the corner. Hope you all have a good weekend on and off the tables.

POINTS = 37459
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £1639
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £10,188

Next update Tuesday!!

• edited March 2016
    Thursday 24th March 2016 Results :

Dym = - £26
    Points = 295

Live Poker

Tourney = + £90
    Expenses = - £8

Hours = 7
    Total = + £56

Friday 25th March Results :

Dym = + £195
    Tourney = - £136
    Points = 825

Hours = 7
    Total = + £59

Saturday 26th March Results :

Dym = + £68
    Points = 75

Live Poker

Tourney = Made day2 136k stack
    Expenses = - £30

Hours = 12
    Total = + £38

Sunday 27th March Results :

Live Poker

Tourney = + £135 - 22nd for £250
    Cash = + £200
    % Swap = - £25
    Expenses = - £38

Hours = 14
    Total = + £272

Monday 28th March Results :

Dym = + £57
    Tourney = + £725
    % Swap = - £83
    Points = 325
    Points Bonus = + £50

Hours = 5
    Total = + £749

Hi all hope you all had a good Easter Holiday ? So 5 days of play since last update and 5 + days so ending the month nicely. Went to play a Wpt £115 tourney at DTD saturday with my Dad biggest buy in tourney hes played sadly he didnt make day2 but he really enjoyed it also he played cash for few hours at £1/£1 losing £15. I managed to make day2 with 136k with blinds starting at 1k 2k i think 90 made day 2 top 26 getting payed went abit low near bubble but managed to squezze in then ran AQ into Ak for my exit to finish 22nd had a bit of tea and then played £1/£1 for bout 6 hours and made £200 so overall a decent little trip. Played some Ukops events Friday and Monday and made a Ft last nite in the £33 BH £6k Gtd and came 2nd :)
    So wont be playing to much in the next 3 days got to get some holiday bits sorted meadowhall 2morrow to.

POINTS = 38979
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £2813
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £11,362

Next update Friday!!

• edited March 2016