You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Friday 1st January 2016 Results :

Dym = - £149
    Points = 935

Hours = 7
    Total = - £149

Saturday 2nd January Results :

Dym = + £211
    Points = 2045

Hours = 12
    Total = + £211

Sunday 3rd January Results :

Dym = + £37
    Points = 2030

Hours = 12
    Total = + £37

Monday 4th January Results :

Dym = - £359
    Points Bonus = + £124
    Points = 5580 ( Double Points )

Hours = 11
    Total = - £235

Tuesday 5th January Results :

Dym = + £340
    Points = 4600 ( Double Points )

Hours = 12
    Total = + £340

Wednesday 6th January Results :

Dym = + £216
    Points = 4770 ( Double Points )

Hours = 11
    Total = + £216

Hi all welcome to 2016 the 1st updates of the year. So 6 days of solid Dym grinding we've come out making + £296 happy with that so far as I started the month losing - £149 and then a rough - £359 Monday. So we no it's double points month on Sky and this week its double points on all Sng's so my target for the week was 10-14 hour days 6-8 tabling £5-£55 games points target 30-40k and to make profit over the week so far + £197 and 14950 points. So 4 more solid grinding days then chill out more next week and play a few tourney's as it's double guarantees on the Main events.

POINTS = 19960
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £420
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £420

Next update Monday!!

• edited January 2016
    Thursday 7th January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £104
    Points = 4520 ( Double points )

Hours = 11
    Total = + £104

Friday 8th January Results :

Dym = + £277
    Points = 3660 ( Double points )

Hours = 8
    Total = + £277

Saturday 9th January Results :

Dym = - £122
    Points = 5950 ( Double points )

Hours = 13
    Total = - £122

Sunday 10th January Results :

Dym = + £266
    Points = 4460 ( Double points )

Hours = 10
    Total = + £266

Hi all hope your all had a good weekend ? So 4 more solid days put in since my last update making + £525. So its been a very long week on the tables since Monday when the double points promo started on all sng's so my plan was to do 7 massive days we did 76 hours making + £722 and 33,560 points so im super happy with that especailly when i losted - £359 Monday. So this week alot more relaxed going to play most Main's as it's double guarantees week. Was planning on playing the old trafford leg of the grand prix but I'm not sure if i will be able to make it. Little target for the week make profit on tourney's and make 1 final table.

POINTS = 38570
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £945
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £945

Next update Thursday!!

• edited January 2016
    Let's give this guy some love for that grind!
  • edited January 2016
    Amazing grinding and results Timmy. I don't think i have reached any where near that points total in my 7 years on the site!
  • edited January 2016
    Amazing grinding and results Timmy. I don't think i have reached any where near that points total in my 7 years on the site!
  • edited January 2016
    Sick grind and results timmy, long time lurking reader, how do you motivate yourself to put in such intense shifts? obviously financially it's gonna be beneficial to put in some huge hours but do you still enjoy the normal grind? 
  • edited January 2016
    Hi Donttelmum Any2suited and Benc thanks for your kind comments. Benc when a sky Promo which includes Dym's I always try and put massive volume in the tables are super busy and i do enjoy the leaderboared races and when your doing well on the table's the money's nice to :) and yeah i still enjoy nearly every session I do full time 2 years in Feb super happy.

Monday 11th January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £302
    Tourney = - £21
    Points Bonus = + £667
    Points = 1705

Hours = 7
    Total = + £948

Tuesday 12th January Results :

Dym = + £44
    Tourney = + £40
    Points = 320

Hours = 4
    Total = + £84

Wednesday 13th January Results :

Dym = + £62
    Points = 425

Hours = 5
    Total = + £62

Thursday 14th January Results :

Dym = + £175
    Tourney = - £46
    Points = 801

Hours = 7
    Total = + £129

Hi all so I'm having a really solid week so far + 4 days on the Dym tables making £583 had 3 tourney nites as it's double prizepools on the main just the 1 cash in the turbo so down - £27 on them and also recevied my points bonus the most of had for a weekly bonus so a nice £667. Went out for abit of food Wednesday nite with the lads and then went pub to watch liverpool vs arsenal wow what a game big man u fan so meeting up with the lads sunday again nice mix grill to start with few beers then watch Man U beat liverpool again at anfield perfect day :) . Going to be doing my normal grind 2nite and 2morrow and also playing both mains.

POINTS = 41821
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £2168
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2168

Next update Monday!! 

• edited January 2016
    I havent read the full thread but what i have has been a good read TIm. 

Well done and wish you continued success for 2016.

I have a couple of questions and sorry if theyve already been asked but, as i said i havent read all of the thread.

When you're playing a session, how do you organise breaks.? Do you play for a couple of hours and then stop loading tables etc?

Do you begin sessions at a specific time each day? I ask as there doesnt seem to be any sort of decent traffic in sngs in mornings etc.
  • edited January 2016
    Friday 15th January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £174
    Tourney = - £27
    Points = 1085

Hours = 10
    Total = + £147

Saturday 16th January Results :

Dym = + £175
    Tourney = + £81
    Points = 891

Hours = 10
    Total = + £256

Hi all nice so just 2 days played since the last update managed 2 more solid Dym days making + £349 and played the Main and mini both nites managed a few cashes making + £54 and over the week I played 5 mains and 5 mini's making a small profit of £27. Went out for abit of food yesterday few beers and watched Man U vs Liverpool defianlty not the best of performances from United but who cares bout that big games it's all bout the result hopefully we can have good 2nd half to the season Top3 and good run in the Fa Cup and Europa League. Plan for the week online will be just Dym's want to record bout 5-6k points currently in the top8 at the minute for UKPC seat but its double points on cash games so that could change by next week but were have to see but then i wll be ready to grind super hard again as its double points 25th Jan - 31st Jan on all formats.

POINTS = 43797
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £2571
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £2571

Next update Thursday!!
  • edited January 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO:
    I havent read the full thread but what i have has been a good read TIm.  Well done and wish you continued success for 2016. I have a couple of questions and sorry if theyve already been asked but, as i said i havent read all of the thread. When you're playing a session, how do you organise breaks.? Do you play for a couple of hours and then stop loading tables etc? Do you begin sessions at a specific time each day? I ask as there doesnt seem to be any sort of decent traffic in sngs in mornings etc.
    Posted by cowhead

Hi ya Cowhead thanks for your comments and questions. When I'm grinding online I dont have oraganised breaks I just grind till im ready to stop or if Im starting to play bad or run bad then i mite have a small break and start again. The times i like to play during the week is usually bout 3.30-6.30 and then 8 till 3am. Always like to start the day taking the dog for a nice long walk and then 3/4 times a week i go play racquetball and gym. When i 1st went full time my routine was really poor just waking up and turning on the computer is not the best way to start a session :)

• edited January 2016
    Monday 18th January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £63
    Points bonus = + £123
    Points = 625

Hours = 6
    Total = + £186

Tuesday 19th January Results :

Dym + £70
    Points = 1300

Hours = 8
    Total = + £70

Wednesday 20th January Results :

Dym = + £126
    Cash = + £19
    Points = 750

Hours = 6
    Total = + £145

Thursday 21st January Results :

Dym = + £162
    Points = 1280

Hours = 5
    Total = + £162

Hi all so i've had a nice solid week 4 + days overall 4 + days on Dym's making + £421 played spin up cash for bout 30mins didnt enjoy to much so hit and run for £19 and we got 3955 points so far this week. Away from poker not to much to report took my nephew out for tea and then took him cinema wednesday after school. Kgee's birthday 2day so he wants to go DTD 2morrow to play a £165 6 max so looking forward to that bit of Nando's before then some live poker 1st time since grand prix Final table. So abit of a grind 2nite and sunday and then thats it for the weekend.

POINTS = 47752
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £3134
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £3134

Next update Monday!!

• edited January 2016
    good work mate you are obviously flying I hope to enjoy some battles with you across the year although there is just about no chance of me matching your volume.

I am assuming you will be at UKPC?

Great read btw
  • edited January 2016
    I've given up on trying to catch you on sharky.  Not possible at £5/£10.  

Have a good weekend matey :)
  • edited January 2016
    Friday 22nd January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £320
    Points = 1555

Hours = 7
    Total = + £320

Saturday 23rd January Results :

Dym = + £115
    Points = 350

Live Poker

Tourney = - £165
    Cash = - £236
    Expenses = - £43

Hours = 12
    Total = - £329

Sunday 24th January Results :

Dym = + £70
    Points = 1200

Hours = 6
    Total = + £70

Hi all so 3 more + days on Dym's making + £505 even got a £220 game running. Saturday it was Kgee's birthday so instead of going out and get smashed like we usually do spending £150-£200 and having a 2day hangover he wanted to go play some live poker at DTD and abit dinner at nando's. Tourney didnt go well both losted on cash but Nando's was really good :).Had a look on the ukpc points race leaderboard and I'm sadly out of the top8 for a UKPC seat so not sure if i can catch them now but im still going to put in some good volume and target 30k points as it's double points week on all format's and mite play some Main's this week.

POINTS = 50857
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £3195
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £3195

Next update Thursday!!

• edited January 2016
    good work mate you are obviously flying I hope to enjoy some battles with you across the year although there is just about no chance of me matching your volume. I am assuming you will be at UKPC? Great read btw
    Posted by Itsover4u

Thanks buddy also enjoying your diary keep it up and yeah even if i dont qualify for Ukpc and I'm still going to head down for a couple of day's.
  • edited January 2016
    I've given up on trying to catch you on sharky.  Not possible at £5/£10.   Have a good weekend matey :)
    Posted by Donttelmum
    Good effort at £5-£10 stakes thou mate.
  • edited January 2016
    Amazing to think that your not safe on the leaderboard with 51k points.
  • edited February 2016
    Monday 25th January 2016 Results :

Dym = + £171
    Tourney = + £18
    Points = 4560
    Points Bonus = + £136

Hours = 10
    Total = + £289

Tuesday 26th January Results :

Dym = + £21
    Tourney = - £11
    Points = 5790

Hours = 11
    Total = + £10

Wednesday 27th January Results :

Dym = + £204
    Points = 3630

Hours = 11
    Total = + £204

Thursday 28th January Results :

Dym = + £90
    Points = 2690

Hours = 8
    Total = + £90

Friday 29th January Results :

Dym = + £66
    Tourney = - £33
    Points = 3620

Hours = 9
    Total = + £33

Saturday 30th January Results :

Dym = - £124
    Tourney = - £33
    Points = 3000
    Party = - £17

Hours = 11
    Total = - £174

Sunday 31st January Results :

Dym = + £141
    Points = 2480
    Points Bonus = + £923
    Tourney = + £45
    % swap = - £21
    Party = - £76

Hours = 9
    Total = + £1012

Monthly results coming next!!

• edited February 2016
    January 2016 Results :

Online :

Dym = + £3248
    Tourney = - £23
    Cash = + £19
    Points = 76627
    Points Bonus = + £1973
    % Swap = - £21
    Party =  - £93

Live :

Tourney = - £165
    Cash = - £236
    Expenses = - £43

Hours = 269

TOTAL =  + £4659

Hi all so January is finally done been a super busy month online with all the double promotion's but its been good start to the year with a very solid month so really happy.

Highs :

1. Best Dym month ever.
    2. + £4k month.

Lows :

1. Missing out of top8 leaderboard for UKPC seat :(
    2. Not having a deep run in the Main's double GTD weeks.
    3. Losing on 1st live trip of the year.

Targets for February :

1. Make + £2500-£3000
    2. Hit 30k Points
    3. Get a UKPC seat.
    4. Then Final table the UKPC :)

TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £4659

• edited February 2016
    After such a good year last year down to skill and hard work its sad to see you didnt have the drive this year to grind hard and make the top 8 to get the UKPC seat. 

Hopefully you start grinding hard in Feb!
  • edited February 2016
    Long time lurker!   Great read & quick Q.

Do you prefer on-line or live?

• edited February 2016
    After such a good year last year down to skill and hard work its sad to see you didnt have the drive this year to grind hard and make the top 8 to get the UKPC seat.  Hopefully you start grinding hard in Feb!
    Posted by MattBates
    Your right Bates cant argue with you there I've let myself down I should of hit the 300 hour mark for the month.
    Will try harder next time #letdown
  • edited February 2016
    Long time lurker!   Great read & quick Q. Do you prefer on-line or live?
    Posted by Glenelg
    Hi buddy glad you enjoy the diary.
    Hmm i would say i do love online just a little bit more these days.
    But £300 + buy in live tourney's still really excite me and I'm going las vegas with my mate Kgee for my bday in april for 2 weeks and really enjoy the cash games out there.
    What bout yourself ?
  • edited February 2016
    January 2016 Results : Online : Dym = + £3248 Tourney = - £23 Cash = + £19 Points = 76627 Points Bonus = + £1973 % Swap = - £21 Party =  - £93 Live : Tourney = - £165 Cash = - £236 Expenses = - £43 Hours = 269 TOTAL =  + £4659 Hi all so January is finally done been a super busy month online with all the double promotion's but its been good start to the year with a very solid month so really happy. Highs : 1. Best Dym month ever. 2. + £4k month. Lows : 1. Missing out of top8 leaderboard for UKPC seat :( 2. Not having a deep run in the Main's double GTD weeks. 3. Losing on 1st live trip of the year. Targets for February : 1. Make + £2500-£3000 2. Hit 30k Points 3. Get a UKPC seat. 4. Then Final table the UKPC :) TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £4659
    Posted by TimmyRaRa
    Class results, well done and good luck for feb.
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Class results, well done and good luck for feb.
    Posted by hhamza162
    Thank you buddy.
  • edited February 2016
    great results bud keep it up

gotta teach me how to grind harder  :)
  • edited February 2016
    great results bud keep it up gotta teach me how to grind harder  :)
    Posted by liamboi11
    Try and click reg at least once a week?
  • edited February 2016
    In Response to Re: Timmyrara 2nd year being a PRO : Hi buddy glad you enjoy the diary. Hmm i would say i do love online just a little bit more these days. But £300 + buy in live tourney's still really excite me and I'm going las vegas with my mate Kgee for my bday in april for 2 weeks and really enjoy the cash games out there. What bout yourself ?
    Posted by TimmyRaRa

I can seee why as well..  I've only played live a couple of times and I found it pretty dull.  I'm purely a rec player who really enjoys the on-line version best.  I treat it as a hobby and play as often as I can.  Some weeks 4/5 nights a week others maybe only 1/2.  Only play tourneys and prefer BH's.  
    GL
  • edited February 2016
    Monday 1st February 2016 Results :

Dym = - £12
    Cash = + £8
    Points = 651
    Points Bonus = + £521

Hours = 5
    Total = + £517

Tuesday 2nd February Results :

Dym = + £161
    Cash = - £4
    Tourney = - £16
    Points = 1103

Hours = 7
    Total = + £141

Wednesday 3rd February Results :

Dym = + £108
    Cash = - £11
    Tourney = - £22
    Points = 356

Hours = 4
    Total = + £75

Thursday 4th February Results :

Dym = + £85
    Cash = + £27
    Points = 356

Live Poker

Tourney = + £65
    Expenses = - £17

Hours = 5
    Total = + £160

Hi all hope you've all had a nice start to the month ? Had a nice weekly points bonus which started off the month nicely and just been 3-4 tabling Dyms so far this month mostly £33-£55 games nice steady + £342 over the 4 days. Playing bout 20-30 mins a day this week of 25p50p spin cash to qualify fo the £5k freeroll next saturday. Finally got my new passport so I will booking las vegas this weekend for 2 weeks in April for my birthday with KGEE. Some good footy on at the weekend leicester vs City i think they will start to drop off and will just miss top4 but they proving me wrong every game and also massive game for my team Man u on sunday 2 postive results a win vs Chelsea and you never no late title race :0
    Will be grinding over the weekend as i have nothing planned so looking for 3 + days.

POINTS = 2343
    TOTAL FOR MONTH = + £893
    TOTAL FOR YEAR = + £5552

Next update Monday!!

• edited February 2016
    oh yeah miss one thing Milestone Hand Winner: Dr_F sent me a email saying he couldnt play the ukpc due to work so sky was happy for the seat to be passed to someone else so he asked me and we aggreed on 50% spilt so very happy to take that offer. So thank you to DR F.