You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum cliques

edited January 2010 in Poker Chat
do you believe there are forum cliques, where the in set get away with saying what they want and the people out of the set, get shouted down?

Comments

• edited January 2010
    For someone who looks like Stan Boardman, ur not coming across as funny at all and actually quite bitter towards a fun forum.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques:
    For someone who looks like Stan Boardman, ur not coming across as funny at all and actually quite bitter towards a fun forum.
    Posted by phil12uk
    asking a valid question!.....phil  were you trying to insult me by getting personal, because that would surely be breaking the forum rules regarding respecting each other wouldnt it ???
  • edited January 2010
    Jeeeez its a joke!  If ur aiming to enjoy the forum then do it. What's the problem with a load of people chatting and enjoying the game without it turning into something sinister!!!
  • edited January 2010
    no... if im too harsh on someone every has a go at me lol :) the only thing is... just be friendly and its all good. Have people come on moaning and having a go etc and it comes across really badly. 1st impressions and all that
  • edited January 2010
    Jeeeez its a joke!  If ur aiming to enjoy the forum then do it. What's the problem with a load of people chatting and enjoying the game without it turning into something sinister!!!
    Posted by phil12uk

now you get my point!... the clique are not allowing free expression of those outside .
    i realised it was a joke, but if id taken offense to it , would it not have been treated as such by the sky mods?
  • edited January 2010

well one example to knock this clique on the head is :

if there was a clique,

webby would not be forum banned ,

this guy was one of the first threaders and posters in sky forum,

he was doing the 1st heads up competition when he got banned,

he had over 1400 posts done in forum,

now if there was a clique ,

he have been part of it ,

and not have been banned .

so my answer is no,

i have wound up the suits myself a lot on here,

so i am not a yes man,

but i do believe there is no clique.

over and out roborover

• edited January 2010
    well one example to knock this clique on the head is : if there was a clique, webby would not be forum banned , this guy was one of the first threaders and posters in sky forum, he was doing the 1st heads up competition when he got banned, he had over 1400 posts done in forum, now if there was a clique , he have been part of it , and not have been banned . so my answer is no, i have wound up the suits myself a lot on here, so i am not a yes man, but i do believe there is no clique. over and out roborover
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    Totaly agree
  • edited January 2010
    well one example to knock this clique on the head is : if there was a clique, webby would not be forum banned , this guy was one of the first threaders and posters in sky forum, he was doing the 1st heads up competition when he got banned, he had over 1400 posts done in forum, now if there was a clique , he have been part of it , and not have been banned . so my answer is no, i have wound up the suits myself a lot on here, so i am not a yes man, but i do believe there is no clique. over and out roborover
    Posted by IRISHROVER
    webby wasnt part of the clique....he had too much to say about the things he didnt like about sky
  • edited January 2010
    HOGAN i hate to say it and i really do but YES you are correct.I can go through any number of similar posts that people have made and yet not all of them are replied to in the same consistent manner.Some people are jumped on straight away for saying or doing something then another will get away with exactly the same.dav
  • edited January 2010
    When you say clique, what do you actualy mean please?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : webby wasnt part of the clique....he had too much to say about the things he didnt like about sky
    Posted by hogan2089
    Im not trying to be funny or offensive but if you have problems with they way sky do things why are you here.
    I've not been here that long but the forum have helped me to improve my game (only donk my chips now and again)

So all can say say are good things, as i've not come across anything else.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : now you get my point!... the clique are not allowing free expression of those outside . i realised it was a joke, but if id taken offense to it , would it not have been treated as such by the sky mods?
    Posted by hogan2089
    Hi Hogan,
    There have been incidents like this, but do we not have a need for the person who is upset, to act like an adult and front up to their "abuser", without starting an argument and explain how it has upset them. A lot of the time they dont know or realise their actions have caused upset(not an excuse i know).
    Having said that, if you feel that the abuse is wrong and go to the mods with it, they WILL investigate any allegations, regardless of who they are on the site.

ps I think we need to ask Stan Boardman if HE is happy to be compared to you lol.
    col
  • edited January 2010
    You seem to have a lot to say at the moment Hogan. You have 3 posts all on the go at the moment relating to the way the ordinary folk are being downtrodden by sky and the clique as you put it. What's your agenda? If you're so sure there's a clique of people who can do no wrong then name them and let's get this out in the open.

This has been and is a great forum and certainly the friendliest. There seems to be a tendency by some posters who are latecomers to the forum to have a sky bashing session. If you think any players are favoured over others you're wrong. Simple as that, wrong.

ps. Stan Boardman is a nice guy and a lousy golfer, I know it's not Stan in disguise.
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by acebarry10

clique:   an exclusive or clannish group of people

is the dictionary defintion, my definition expands to a group of sycophants who set out to stifle anybodys point of view who differs to their own , and do so in numbers, and get treated differntly because they suck up to the hierarchy.

hope that explains it !
  • edited January 2010
    Does it matter?

Its like you went through school and didnt see any cliques...

..Yea there are cliques on sky poker, im not in it...Im a one man army...but i still enjoy the fun and banter of it all, i cant understand why you cant aswell and just get on with it..
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by acebarry10
    Baz m8 no offence but i think you should get the gist of what he means.If not read my above post and this is 100% true.dav
  • edited January 2010
    HOGAN i hate to say it and i really do but YES you are correct.I can go through any number of similar posts that people have made and yet not all of them are replied to in the same consistent manner.Some people are jumped on straight away for saying or doing something then another will get away with exactly the same.dav
    Posted by dav1964
    I dont think he is on about players in cliques, but sky mods having player cliques. i agree that some players are less tolerant shall we say to certain players, there are well documented cases of sparring sessions between forum people, but that happens in life. On the issue of sky being less tolerant to some posters than others i totally disagree, i believe thay are very even handed. the last point i would like to make is that it is very rare that i have seen really abusive or threatening posts, its normally handbags at 10 paces so to speak!!
  • edited January 2010
    Firstly, I don't think anyone can post anything on here and "get away with it."  We are all subject to the same rules and conditions that SkyPoker & the Mods put in force.  I would like to see them relaxed a little (no reflection on Mods, just the rules they are told to enforce.  This is essentially a poker player community and as such an over eighteen environment).

Secondly, I do not believe there are cliques.  If you post a lot on a forum and your posts are found to be helpful, intelligent or funny by the majority of the community, more people will read your future posts.  You form a group of friends and have more presence in the community.  The more you are seen the more you are seen.  That not only how all forums work, that's how life works.  Especially if you reply in other people's posts you will become more familiar and friendly with more people in the community.
  • edited January 2010
    Does it matter? Its like you went through school and didnt see any cliques... ..Yea they are cliques on sky poker, im not in it...Im a one man army...but i still enjoy the fun and banter of it all, i cant understand why you cant aswell and just get on with it..
    Posted by Norbit
    Hi norbit i am defo also not in this clique and like you i am a one man army.I was not intendingly taking sides i just understood what he meant.Also like you i enjoy the forum it is a great place.dav
  • edited January 2010
    Jeez what have i started
  • edited January 2010
     your expressing yourself are you not so, are you part of the so called clique?...........lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : i have lots to say, and i will continue to say what i have to , till i upset the clique enough , that they, have my posts removed. and as you well know its against forum rules to accuse certain individuals of any wrong doing, so i wont be naming names! if you have any objections to me raising a valid point (s) then perhaps you should complain to the sky poker team......good luck at the tables.. p.s.....the forum is far from a friendly place a lot of the time for the few who get shouted down by the  elite
    Posted by hogan2089

Reading this it would appear that you do have an agenda.
  • edited January 2010
    Does it matter? Its like you went through school and didnt see any cliques... ..Yea there are cliques on sky poker, im not in it...Im a one man army...but i still enjoy the fun and banter of it all, i cant understand why you cant aswell and just get on with it..
    Posted by Norbit
    same here norb me old mucker,who cares just get on with it
  • edited January 2010
    Jeez what have i started
    Posted by HuFlungPu
    Lol Tony. Are you part of the clique? :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : webby wasnt part of the clique....he had too much to say about the things he didnt like about sky
    Posted by hogan2089
    ok then,

well anyone of the regulars who uses the forum on here ,

know i post things i don't like about sky on here,

but there's no clique chasing after me.

you will always get around 10 o/o yes men,

no matter what,

in all big companies/ communities ,

around 80 o/o  that will be neutral,

and around 10 o/o  that will disagree with everything.

this is universal in all walks of life ,

so skypoker is as normal as any other community.

this is my opinion,

over and out roborover !

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Reading this it would appear that you do have an agenda.
    Posted by elsadog

i dont have an agenda, you should read again !
  • edited January 2010

Correct me if im wrong Hogan.

This is how i read what your saying m8,

"clique".....a certain group who constantly suck up to sky?

Fitz.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : i have lots to say, and i will continue to say what i have to , till i upset the clique enough , that they, have my posts removed. and as you well know its against forum rules to accuse certain individuals of any wrong doing, so i wont be naming names! if you have any objections to me raising a valid point (s) then perhaps you should complain to the sky poker team......good luck at the tables.. p.s.....the forum is far from a friendly place a lot of the time for the few who get shouted down by the  elite
    Posted by hogan2089
    I cant understand your attitude, apart from the fact that you seem to have a downer on Sky and its players.
    If you feel that you have been abused by a player and the mods have done nothing about it, or that Sky are not treating you correctly, then why stay on this site.
    I would not stay in those circumstances and i have been here from day one and have a great loyalty to the site, but if i see something i dont agree with i speak up.
    I hope you can get this sorted and come and join our clique

col
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Lol Tony. Are you part of the clique? :)
    Posted by MADMOO
    Lol...im starting to worry
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by hogan2089
    Yep I've read it again and that's an agenda if I ever saw one.