You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum cliques

12346»

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques:
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I have the PMs I will not withdraw anything Ive said nor will I go to the mods off my own bat . I can stick up for myself thanks however if the mods contact me for the PMs I will be happy to oblige them.
    Posted by acetenolol
    personally id give them the 'said' PMs,it would be the right thing 2 do.surely no site wants bullies and abusers running around their forums ,giving it large 2 any1,especially new customers/posters..come on SKY,get with the program,and lets have the same set of RULES for every1....
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : So you're going to stick by your damaging allegation against a highly liked and respected member of this community because you have the evidence to back it up, but you are not going to show the said evidence. What a classy guy. If only more people were like you, this world would be a much better place.
    Posted by JingleMa
    Indeed the world would be a much better place and I'm a classy guy well said.

• edited January 2010
    Hopefully when the Mods read this thread they will request the PM's from Ace at which point one of two things will happen, either MereNovice will get rapped across the knuckles for sending inappropriate PM's or Ace will get rapped for making false allegations on the forum. 

I THINK I know which of these two senario's will happen but I will let the Mods deal with it as appropriate and make no further comments on the matter.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : For what its worth i don't think mere would consider such actions let alone carry them out but he said he would provide to mods if they asked, not that he wouldn't show them
    Posted by NICON
    Yes he did, knowing full well that the mods are not going to ask him for anything unless he reports it to them in the first place.

So he's letting down the community by not reporting Mere for his abusive messages if that is indeed what Mere did, but also still insisting Mere is guilty, thus sullying his character and reputation without backing it up even though he says he has the means to do so.

Like I said, classy guy.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : personally id give them the 'said' PMs,it would be the right thing 2 do.surely no site wants bullies and abusers running around their forums ,giving it large 2 any1,especially new customers/posters..come on SKY,get with the program,and lets have the same set of RULES for every1....
    Posted by philmenow
    he wont do it coz he aint got any abusive PMs think hes stirring it personnally.i mean what better way of silencing one of this so called imaginary clique than to report the man...do it if you,ve got the cahonies man,i very much doubt it tho
  • edited January 2010
    Personally, I think this is a feeble attempt to try and prove that the forum has 'cliques'.

He is hoping that we all rally round to protect Vince's honour.

Having being at the end of forum abuse myself and wholly untrue comments I truly know how Vince must be feeling.

Since I came here, I have found Vince to be a true gentleman and never been anything other than courteous at all times.

Anyone can post some deflamatory remarks and then state they are PM's.

Vince, ignore this stirrer, we all know you and respect you in many more ways than this bloke can possibly imagine.

By refusing to comment further, apart from saying this is news to him, you have shown your true class.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Indeed the world would be a much better place and I'm a classy guy well said.
    Posted by acetenolol
    Hi Ace,

You are coming across as the villain in this piece, and as such not doing yourself any favours by accusing ANY community member through any posts, calling them names and impling you have evidence, but that you are unwilling to report said person to the mods.
    Well, i'm sorry, but if ANY person had done this to me. I would not hesitate to report them. In some respects it looks like you are trying to get someone else to get the ball rolling, but i fear that will not happen and you could be leaving yourself open to another person reporting you for abuse, and the excuse of replying to the same that has happened to you does not wash, sorry.
    You will notice I have not named anybody in this post, as I am not hear to defend someone else.

col
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Indeed the world would be a much better place and I'm a classy guy well said.
    Posted by acetenolol
    Do classy guys say lol lol lol lol about 20 times when playing me in a stt?

every time i lost a hand you said lol lol lol

and when i busted out it was lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol gobbo

So as i did not say anything to you in that stt and this was unprovoked you are indeed very classy

Oh and unlike you, i have factual evidence if required
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by acetenolol
    right so this is how classy guys behave,

you just thought you let everyone know in forum,

you have evidence of abusive private messages,

you give a name of the person you say sent them,

and show no evidence,

pure class no !

now i had a disagreement with merenovice on this forum recently ,

i receive no abusive pm ,

a few days after our disagreement ,

i put a post up regarding another matter,

odds on amaha,

he sent a very polite pm informing me it may be wrong,

is this the kind of abusive pm you are on about ?

over and out roborover !
  • edited January 2010
    This is an allegation regarding not just mere but a whole rack of forum regulars. I do know that mere pm'd this guy but the message wasn't abusive by any stretch of the imagination. Mere has rightly decided to stay out of this dispute which Ace seems intent on making a public mud slinging campaign. Ace has the pm but I doubt he will contact the mods with it because there is no abuse in it. Better for him to use the imagination of readers and let obscure allegations do the damage. He apparently has a number of these from other forum regulars. This I very much doubt.

This is yet another attempt to discredit forum regulars. One of a number recently. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind this but it's rather pathetic.
  • edited January 2010
    The regulars on the forum have over time been responsible for a number of things which have made this site what it is today. They are the first, and often the only ones to welcome newcomers in the ''say hello'' thread. They offer help on a range of topics and queries every day. They sometimes have a sharp word for people attempting to run the site/ forum down and I confess I do it. But they offer help and advice to hundreds of new players, they don't knock the site every time they have a bad run and the forum would be in a poor state without them. Because they have known each other for some time they naturally stick together but they never obstruct anyone from being a regular. They provide humour and know-how to the forum and a lot of experience.

I go out of my way to help anyone that will benefit from my poker experience as do all the other regulars. It would be a sad forum if were made up of nothing but moaning minnies wanting to blame someone, anyone, for their bad run, bad connection, bad mood, bad hair day or whatever. 

I know that Mere has helped scores of players when he's been asked (and probably a few when he hasn't) and if threads like this threaten his future here then that's really sad. I know if I were him I'd be feeling pretty fed up with it all.

• edited January 2010
    This is an allegation regarding not just mere but a whole rack of forum regulars. I do know that mere pm'd this guy but the message wasn't abusive by any stretch of the imagination. Mere has rightly decided to stay out of this dispute which Ace seems intent on making a public mud slinging campaign. Ace has the pm but I doubt he will contact the mods with it because there is no abuse in it. Better for him to use the imagination of readers and let obscure allegations do the damage. He apparently has a number of these from other forum regulars. This I very much doubt. This is yet another attempt to discredit forum regulars. One of a number recently. I'm not sure what the reasoning is behind this but it's rather pathetic.
    Posted by elsadog
    Methinks you lot protest too much.

looooooooooolooooooooooooooolooooooooooooool just looooooooo
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Methinks you lot protest too much. looooooooooolooooooooooooooolooooooooooooool just looooooooo
    Posted by acetenolol

If you're going to quote at least google it and get it right.

Put up or shut up, sleazy allegations are easy. It's the classic cowards way. You complain about abuse but what do you contribute that is positive. You tag onto threads with unfounded and unprovable sleaze. 

As I think has been said to you before, you're making a fool of yourself. I don't need to pm it because that's not abuse..... it's advice.

I notice you have no friends on your profile. If that's your problem I'll be your friend.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Methinks you lot protest too much. looooooooooolooooooooooooooolooooooooooooool just looooooooo
    Posted by acetenolol

Methinks that you have not read or listened to any of the carefully constructed comments of Elsadog (who is spot on imo) and are once again resorting to childish and if i may say so unintelligent retorts.

In fact, i don't know why you are wasting your time on this thread. You are clearly not capable of holding a conversation without overuse of the expression "lol"

I have posted my last words on this thread, but if you do one thing tonight, please look yourself in the mirror and ask your self am i treating people the way that i wish to be treated myself? I fear the answer is no, because you have shown not one ounce of humility or decency at all. I challenge you to retract your wild allegations against Merenovice and to apologise unreservedly to him and to this community.

If you do this, well then you are a better man than you portray and im sure you will start to make friends on here.

That is all, and good night from me...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Methinks that you have not read or listened to any of the carefully constructed comments of Elsadog (who is spot on imo) and are once again resorting to childish and if i may say so unintelligent retorts. In fact, i don't know why you are wasting your time on this thread. You are clearly not capable of holding a conversation without overuse of the expression "lol" I have posted my last words on this thread, but if you do one thing tonight, please look yourself in the mirror and ask your self am i treating people the way that i wish to be treated? I fear the answer is no, because you have shown not an ounce of humility or decency at all. I challenge you to retract your wild allegations against Merenovice and to apologise unreservedly to him and to this community. If you do this, well then you are a better man than you portray. That is all, and good night from me...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    your dad kofi annan couldn't have said it better greg lol ,

on a serious note i agree 100 o/o ,

its time to see the man ,

not the boy.

over and out roborover !
  • edited January 2010
    This classy '38year old MAN' (i use the term lightly) just goes around the forum posting complete and utter rubbish, just in the hope that it will provoke a response.

He even posted a comment on my recent total player interview saying 'NOT GETTING MY VOTE' To which i replied in a manner he'd understand, 'I DONT WANT YOUR VOTE SO NER NER NI NER NER!!'

As if anyone is interested in who he votes for.

If you check through his history, every post (apart from the first couple) are slanderous degrading pointless attacks or accusations with absolutely no substance!!!

He obviously cant let his poker do the talking for him.

Id love to see a constructive post on hand histories in the holdem strategy section.

A number of forum members post views that are against the norm, but they are respected for their views, because they back them up with logic and reasoning to justify their side of the argument.

Its making me laugh actually writing this because in a way hes won, because we are all paying attention to him! Although i dont know why he'd enjoy this attention?

Anyway thats the last i comment i will make on this individual, i use the forum as a way to keep me focused on the game by running through peoples hands histories and also to keep up to date with friends.

He got what he wanted, which was a response! He can now sit back and enjoy his celebrity and plot his next victims, all the while loooooolooolooooooooloooling himself to sleep at night.
  • edited January 2010
    Hi guys,  i think this thread is getting a little out of hand, please can we cool it down and  can i remind you that this forum is for open friendly discussion and a few of the posts on this thread are getting close to breaking our house rules.

Constructive criticism is fine as every body is welcome to have their own opinions on certain topics but it is when these turn into personal attacks that action has to be taken.

So please bear in mind not to be abusive or cause offence to individuals when writing your posts and continue to use the forum as it was intended.

Thank you for being understanding and continue to enjoy our community,

rich l
  • edited January 2010
    I wouldnt worry, Rich.

As far as anyone with an ounce of respect is concerned, this thread is over.

Hopefully, it will be on page 2 by lunchtime.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : If you're going to quote at least google it and get it right. Put up or shut up, sleazy allegations are easy. It's the classic cowards way. You complain about abuse but what do you contribute that is positive. You tag onto threads with unfounded and unprovable sleaze.  As I think has been said to you before, you're making a fool of yourself. I don't need to pm it because that's not abuse..... it's advice. I notice you have no friends on your profile. If that's your problem I'll be your friend.
    Posted by elsadog
    Thanks for the offer and the friend request but I'm afraid I'm turning you down.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Do classy guys say lol lol lol lol about 20 times when playing me in a stt? every time i lost a hand you said lol lol lol and when i busted out it was lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol gobbo So as i did not say anything to you in that stt and this was unprovoked you are indeed very classy Oh and unlike you, i have factual evidence if required
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    Talk about a sore loser !
  • edited January 2010
    Mods can we end this thread?

He can't control his venom. This whole thread does nothing positive for the forum.

The guy's a TROLL simple as that.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : OMGG NEARLY CHOCKED ON MY COFFEE THEN
    Posted by xFALLENx
    only nearly...
  • edited January 2010

I'm closing this thread now as there has been enough debate on this subject and the thread has run it's course.

Regards

Adam