You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum cliques

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques:
    I agree that there are cliques on here, however hogan you come across as a rambling fool and are embarrasing yourself
    Posted by scotty77
    agreed!!

isnt there more to worry about in life?
  • edited January 2010
    can I join?-- I'm a bit of a nutter, but I can shout people down with the best of em!
  • edited January 2010
                OY!!!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Who wants a fight?---who started it?---which ones the biggest?---Hold my coat there will ya!
  • edited January 2010
                OY!!!!!!!!!!!
    Posted by oynutter

WOW!!!!  nutter your loud m8
  • edited January 2010
    I'm MAD!!--FLOPPIN MAD I TELL YOU!!---Wanna be in my gang, my gang, my gang, wanna be in my gang-----

OOOOHHHH     YYEEEEHHHHHH !!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques :   WOW!!!!  nutter your loud m8
    Posted by fitzer14

You think thats loud, you should see his shirt's

lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Totaly agree
    Posted by 35suited
    so do i. well said rover hunni and 35
    that is all
  • edited January 2010
    can I join?-- I'm a bit of a nutter, but I can shout people down with the best of em !
    Posted by oynutter
    yes you can join .any1 can join..BUT......you have to kiss every other members a.s.    at least 3 times a day .......5 times at weekends............every other sunday off so its not so bad...........
  • edited January 2010

HEY!!   I Read this whole thread, and no-one has said--enough said

NUFF SAID !!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : yes you can join .any1 can join..BUT......you have to kiss every other members a.s.    at least 3 times a day .......5 times at weekends............every other sunday off so its not so bad...........
    Posted by zxghostxz
    non members will understand the point.......................lolololololol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Forum cliques:
    do you believe there are forum cliques, where the in set get away with saying what they want and the people out of the set, get shouted down?
    Posted by hogan2089
    Hogan I`m sorry this is the first time i have come across you so you will have to forgive me.
    There is a place in the forum called AREA 51 for complaints and the such like.
    General chat is light, entertaining and community spirited.
    Please all i ask is if you could add to that community spirit that we have ALL grown to love here and with love.
    Thank you
    That is all.
  • edited January 2010
    in the words of chandler bing..........could i beeee anymore bored of these sort of posts!!!!!

first its a thread on a tourney being a massive 56p short!!!

now this!!!!!

some people really need to get out more and actually start enjoying life!!!!!!

to steal a quote from oynutter.......NUFF SAID!!!!!!!!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : i will continue to say what i have to , till i upset the clique enough , that they, have my posts removed.quoted by hogan2089 is that not an agenda?
    Posted by COCASIRF
    i will continue to say what i have to , till i upset the clique enough , that they, have my posts removed.(quoted by hogan2089) is that not an agenda? x3
  • edited January 2010
    oy !!---Who's that stealing my quotes, you want a fight as well?---lol
  • edited January 2010
    If by clique you mean a group of people who have played poker together for anything up to 2 years.  Who have seen each other through the good times and the bad, both on and off the poker tables.  Who sometimes have a laugh and a joke together and sometimes have arguments and fights.  Then YES there is a clique and its called the Sky Poker Community.
    Posted by Kiwini4u
    Well said hunni! xxxxx
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : yes you can join .any1 can join..BUT......you have to kiss every other members a.s.    at least 3 times a day .......5 times at weekends............every other sunday off so its not so bad...........
    Posted by zxghostxz
    I think someone needs a hug.

MMMMMMMMMMMMM.

Can you feel the love?  I think I can.

Peace
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I think someone needs a hug. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Can you feel the love?  I think I can. Peace
    Posted by TommyD
    lolol  .peace to you maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrnn........its only a bit of banter mate....and  yes  i can feeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeel the  love  lolol........neil  can you feel it................
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Well said hunni! xxxxx
    Posted by candi

THE END
  • edited January 2010
    well fri night /sat morning, obviously  is the meeting night for the "clique" coven......too many of you posting to possibly quote all the comments.    At least its given you all something to do...lol.

goodnight and much love to all , even the misguided amongst you .
  • edited January 2010
    in the words of chandler bing..........could i beeee anymore bored of these sort of posts!!!!!
    Posted by maximus66
    LOL!!!
  • edited January 2010

Hi all,

Unfortunately some of you have risen to the bait here and tried to prove Hogan's point.

He ask's are there Forum cliques that do not allow the others free expression.

My answer to that would have been no, however for anyone to suggest there are no cliques on this forum, like there is in any organisation, is to bury your head in the sand. 

When I joined this site I liked deepstacks, I got talking to great people like Irishrover,Pillowman, Dav 1964 et al and there is no doubt we formed a band that pushed deepstacks , pushed our friends forward etc etc and it was no doubt it was a clique in dictionary terms. I know there are other cliques from reading posts and groups of posts on the site. You could even say the TKO teams are cliques.

Some of the responses could certainly prove to him there are some people who don't like his views and are suggesting he has no right to them. Those people commenting and supporting each other can be deemed to be a clique and I am sure Hogan is now rubbing his hands in joy. He has found a clique that seems to not like  individuals free expression. It could be said they are shouting him down because they assumed the worse and didn't really look at the whole picture.

SO PLEASE people look at all posts and try to take a full view before commenting. Dont give Hogan the ammunition to say bad things about the forums by denying the obvious and also suggesting from his first post that he is a trouble maker.

From reading all his posts on this thread it looks like some of you were right but in doing so quickly you helped prove his point.

So in summing up, there are cliques on this site, mostly nice ones but don't for one moment think that if you are in one, that outsiders do not see you as a select band, remember they feel left out and will kick. Also never think that your cliques's views are necessarily the correct ones.

And from reading the full comments on this thread, unfortunately you would now have to vote yes.

Another victory for a Forum basher.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I think someone needs a hug. MMMMMMMMMMMMM. Can you feel the love?  I think I can. Peace
    Posted by TommyD
    OY!---Some people happen to think that peace and love are boring, and to steal my quote back from maximus

"nuff said"
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all, Unfortunately some of you have risen to the bait here and tried to prove Hogan's point.   He ask's are there Forum cliques that do not allow the others free expression. My answer to that would have been no, however for anyone to suggest there are no cliques on this forum, like there is in any organisation, is to bury your head in the sand.  When I joined this site I liked deepstacks, I got talking to great people like Irishrover,Pillowman, Dav 1964 et al and there is no doubt we formed a band that pushed deepstacks , pushed our friends forward etc etc and it was no doubt it was a clique in dictionary terms. I know there are other cliques from reading posts and groups of posts on the site. You could even say the TKO teams are cliques. Some of the responses could certainly prove to him there are some people who don't like his views and are suggesting he has no right to them. Those people commenting and supporting each other can be deemed to be a clique and I am sure Hogan is now rubbing his hands in joy. He has found a clique that seems to not like  individuals free expression. It could be said they are shouting him down because they assumed the worse and didn't really look at the whole picture. SO PLEASE people look at all posts and try to take a full view before commenting. Dont give Hogan the ammunition to say bad things about the forums by denying the obvious and also suggesting from his first post that he is a trouble maker. From reading all his posts on this thread it looks like some of you were right but in doing so quickly you helped prove his point. So in summing up, there are cliques on this site, mostly nice ones but don't for one moment think that if you are in one, that outsiders do not see you as a select band, remember they feel left out and will kick. Also never think that your cliques's views are necessarily the correct ones. And from reading the full comments on this thread, unfortunately you would now have to vote yes. Another victory for a Forum basher.
    Posted by vaigret
      Wow father,i had to stop for a sarnie half way through reading this,but worth it great post m8

Fitz
  • edited January 2010
    oy !!---Who's that stealing my quotes, you want a fight as well?---lol
    Posted by oynutter
    LOL!!!
  • edited January 2010
    well fri night /sat morning, obviously  is the meeting night for the "clique" coven......too many of you posting to possibly quote all the comments.    At least its given you all something to do...lol. goodnight and much love to all , even the misguided amongst you .
    Posted by hogan2089
    We meet again.

If you are here to get our backs up with your snide comments, then you are very mistaken.
    We are a very tight knit community of kind spirited poker buddiness.

Ooooooo..am i referring to (in your words) a CLIQUE?
    Why not join us..we may just get a smile outta you!
    That is all
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques :   Wow father,i had to stop for a sarnie half way through reading this,but worth it great post m8 Fitz
    Posted by fitzer14
                                     LOL LOL AND LOL AGAIN FITZ!  :)
                                                                                      yes father nice post! :)
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all,

Oh dear it seems that whilst I was penning my missive lots of my clique (LOL) and friends were trying to move on from this debate and now it looks like my tuppence halfpenny worth could start a load more posts.

All I will say is that the reason I posted what I did was to try and get people to think first when we see these kind of posts. Try to think what the reason is behind it before giving people ammunition to stir up what is a pretty friendly place when people get to know you.

When people get to know you, ahhh perhaps that is the problem,  too many forum regulars see new posters as not being in the clique !!!!
  • edited January 2010
    Hi all, Unfortunately some of you have risen to the bait here and tried to prove Hogan's point.   He ask's are there Forum cliques that do not allow the others free expression. My answer to that would have been no, however for anyone to suggest there are no cliques on this forum, like there is in any organisation, is to bury your head in the sand.  When I joined this site I liked deepstacks, I got talking to great people like Irishrover,Pillowman, Dav 1964 et al and there is no doubt we formed a band that pushed deepstacks , pushed our friends forward etc etc and it was no doubt it was a clique in dictionary terms. I know there are other cliques from reading posts and groups of posts on the site. You could even say the TKO teams are cliques. Some of the responses could certainly prove to him there are some people who don't like his views and are suggesting he has no right to them. Those people commenting and supporting each other can be deemed to be a clique and I am sure Hogan is now rubbing his hands in joy. He has found a clique that seems to not like  individuals free expression. It could be said they are shouting him down because they assumed the worse and didn't really look at the whole picture. SO PLEASE people look at all posts and try to take a full view before commenting. Dont give Hogan the ammunition to say bad things about the forums by denying the obvious and also suggesting from his first post that he is a trouble maker. From reading all his posts on this thread it looks like some of you were right but in doing so quickly you helped prove his point. So in summing up, there are cliques on this site, mostly nice ones but don't for one moment think that if you are in one, that outsiders do not see you as a select band, remember they feel left out and will kick. Also never think that your cliques's views are necessarily the correct ones. And from reading the full comments on this thread, unfortunately you would now have to vote yes. Another victory for a Forum basher.
    Posted by vaigret
    monster post............vaigret 
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by vaigret
    An excellent post, and i'd have to agree, 75 % of the people who have posted in reply, have made my point adequately for me.....and by the way at the time of posting this 33% voted yes to the question.
    I need say no more on the subject, most of you have shot yourselves well and truly in the foot!