You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum cliques

Comments

• edited January 2010
    Thank you all who supported my post, even Hogan whose last comment has proved my point.

More apologies if you post on this thread over the weekend and I don't respond. I am going to do some work on my new house over the weekend and will be internet dead. I'll look in on Monday and hope the thread has died a natural death.

God bless all who sail in the good ship FORUM 
  • edited January 2010
    hahahaha---you are one of us now, whether you like it or not---welcome to the clique!!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques:
    Thank you all who supported my post, even Hogan whose last comment has proved my point. More apologies if you post on this thread over the weekend and I don't respond. I am going to do some work on my new house over the weekend and will be internet dead. I'll look in on Monday and hope the thread has died a natural death. God bless all who sail in the good ship FORUM 
    Posted by vaigret
    You`re very welcome father and may you have lots of love and happiness in your new home :)
    We wll miss you over the weekend :(
    See you monday
    lots of love
    Candi xxxxx
  • edited January 2010
    hahahaha---you are one of us now, whether you like it or not---welcome to the clique!!
    Posted by oynutter
    who me ?........youd have to drag me kicking and screaming to the sacrificial altar! lol
  • edited January 2010
    Can I suggest we all add hogan to our friends list?
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    is there an ignore option ??? lol
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    LOL! Do you know Elsa..i was just thinking that! :) xxxxx
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : LOL! Do you know Elsa..i was just thinking that! :) xxxxx
    Posted by candi
                                                  WOOF!
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by oynutter
    im with yer nutter mate this can be our clique wit yer as de leader man.luv ya man.dav
  • edited January 2010
    no cliques here imo i personally repect every player regardless of whether they are new or have been here for years, so long as they are not abusive or out of order in any way And even if people are abusive or out of order i always give em a 2nd, 3rd, 4th chance... Why? because every one that plays this wonderful game of poker started playing it for fun... its only a game at the end of the day... and a game we all love and therefore we should all get along... I dont do cliques, i never have. I know what it feels like to be excluded and therefore i do not exclude anyone.
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    imo best post on this particular thread!.

The way i see any community online whether it be poker related or non-poker related is everyone should be their own individual self that can be civilised towards other community members (you are not going to get any community that is on the internet where everybody is lovey dovey with one another and there will be people that you will agree to disagree with - That is how life works!), make contributions in and around the forum and build a reputation that makes you come across as friendly and respectable.

Cliques are in my opinion are a dangerous thing because nine times out of ten, people get rubbed up the wrong way and get hurt in the process. I am my own individual and as far as i'm concerned people will either like me or dislike me and quite simply you take me as you see me - I AINT GONNA LOSE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS OVER BEING POPULAR WITH PEOPLE OR NOT - FACT!!!.....

I've only been on Sky Poker for about 4 months or so and i would honestly say that this is probably the most friendliest community i've been on and i feel that i have developed the start of some good friendships on here which probably means more to me than moaning about a stinking bad beat. Ok ill admit i have had a moan about some of my bad beats mainly because i'm a highly competitive person but you would certainly never see me being abusive over it where it would result in hurting someone's feelings because that is certainly not the person i am.

Overall all i would say to everyone is to be yourself and be civilised!.... 

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : is there an ignore option ??? lol
    Posted by hogan2089

There's an accept button.......... you just clique it.
  • edited January 2010
    I agree that there are cliques on here, however hogan you come across as a rambling fool and are embarrasing yourself
    Posted by scotty77
    This is the most accurate post on this thread.

• edited January 2010
    Posted by elsadog
    Who is Hogan? ....Is he in our gang???? not seen him post anything on our secret locked threads for members of the 'elite' forum
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Who is Hogan? ....Is he in our gang???? not seen him post anything on our secret locked threads for members of the 'elite' forum
    Posted by MAXALLY
    You're right I've never seen him in area51

I get the feeling he'll be a regular there soon though.
  • edited January 2010

"im with yer nutter mate this can be our clique wit yer as de leader man.luv ya man.dav "

yeh!--and no outsiders are allowed in, unless they say---" OY!-- DAT BLOKES A NUTTER! "

And they have to say something naughty to sky Rich, and get away with it!
  • edited January 2010
    yeh!--and no outsiders are allowed in, unless they say---" OY!-- DAT BLOKES A NUTTER! "  And they have to say something naughty to sky Rich, and get away with it!
    Posted by oynutter
    rebel you are
  • edited January 2010
    Posted by elsadog

I have requested Hogan as a friend and i hope he accepts...

A friend of poker is a friend of mine, we all share a common interest...
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I have requested Hogan as a friend and i hope he accepts... A friend of poker is a friend of mine, we all share a common interest...
    Posted by GREGHOGG

Me too :o)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : There's an accept button.......... you just clique it.
    Posted by elsadog
    how could you refuse elsadogs  puppy eyes,

i also am pending to be your m8,

p.s and i will tell you the secret clique password if you click me as a m8y .
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I have requested Hogan as a friend, i stand by my principles. A friend of poker is a friend of mine, we all share a common interest...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    In all honesty, if more people take the same correct mindset as yourself Greggles then this world would be a far better place to live in!....

+ 1,000000000000

• edited January 2010
    come on now lads!--don't go making him all friendly, can't you just wait till webby gets back first?
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : how could you refuse elsadogs  puppy eyes, i also am pending to be your m8, p.s and i will tell you the secret clique password if you click me as a m8y .
    Posted by IRISHROVER

ive relented , been lured into your underworld....lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I have requested Hogan as a friend, i stand by my principles. A friend of poker is a friend of mine, we all share a common interest...
    Posted by GREGHOGG
    greg  before you were born,

are you sure kofi annan did not have a affair with your mother,

you are so a like lol.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : ive relented , been lured into your underworld....lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    n1 m8y good night all
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : greg  before you were born, are you sure kofi annan did not have a affair with your mother, you are so a like lol.
    Posted by IRISHROVER

lol, im a complaint handler for a living my job is to resolve disputes!

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : ive relented , been lured into your underworld....lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    Good man!
  • edited January 2010
    Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum,
    What might be right for you, may not be right for some.
    A man is born, he's a man of means.
    Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans.
    But they got, Diff'rent Strokes.
    It takes, Diff'rent Strokes.
    It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
    Everybody's got a special kind of story
    Everybody finds a way to shine,
    It don't matter that you got not alot
    So what,
    They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine.
    And together we'll be fine....
    Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world.
    Yes it does.
    It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world
  • edited January 2010
    Now, the world don't move to the beat of just one drum, What might be right for you, may not be right for some. A man is born, he's a man of means. Then along come two, they got nothing but their jeans. But they got, Diff'rent Strokes. It takes, Diff'rent Strokes. It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world. Everybody's got a special kind of story Everybody finds a way to shine, It don't matter that you got not alot So what, They'll have theirs, and you'll have yours, and I'll have mine. And together we'll be fine.... Because it takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world. Yes it does. It takes, Diff'rent Strokes to move the world
    Posted by Quagmire72

What you talkin' about Willis?
  • edited January 2010

As an outsider, I don't see a clique.
    I do see a dozen or so very frequent posters who know each other, generally agree with each other and simply follow what each other post.
    Nothing odd in that. It's the achieved aim of the business strategem to forge the community.
    Clique is the wrong word, they're just a chummy little group of mates.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : What you talkin' about Willis?
    Posted by LML
    LOL!!! Though I did think this would have been before your time LML...good catch there, I'm VERY IMRESSED LADY...Whoop Whoop!!!!!!

Plus you were carrying the post 4am forum baton while I was dancing round my handbag...Honey, I really hope with all my heart that you come SECOND in TKO II...You deserve it chick..just don't let Lord Orf steal your thunder

Keep up the good work xxx