You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Forum cliques

Comments

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques:
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : What you talkin' about Willis?
    Posted by LML
    My Nan has got a friend called Phyllis. Whenever she starts waffling i always say in my best Arnold/Gary Coleman voice: What you talkin' about Phyllis?
    None of the oldies get it but it always makes me chuckle.
  • edited January 2010
    As an outsider, I don't see a clique. I do see a dozen or so very frequent posters who know each other, generally agree with each other and simply follow what each other post. Nothing odd in that. It's the achieved aim of the business strategem to forge the community. Clique is the wrong word, they're just a chummy little group of mates.
    Posted by booboo69
    That`s the one Booboo! :) xxxx Happy new year to you hunni.
  • edited January 2010
    As an outsider, I don't see a clique. I do see a dozen or so very frequent posters who know each other, generally agree with each other and simply follow what each other post. Nothing odd in that. It's the achieved aim of the business strategem to forge the community. Clique is the wrong word, they're just a chummy little group of mates.
    Posted by booboo69
    ps. and we are all part of ` a chummy group of mates` if we choose to be. :) We is just ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY :)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : ps. and we are all part of ` a chummy group of mates` if we choose to be. :) We is just ONE BIG HAPPY FAMILY :)
    Posted by candi

+1

(apart from Tuesday nights)
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : +1 (apart from Tuesday nights)
    Posted by hawk7112
     Lol..nuff said. :)
  • edited January 2010
    Well it seems we are all friends now and there are no cliques.

So in the future when a new person hit's the forum and say's something their views will be looked on with peace and harmony until of course they prove themselves unworthy.

Suits me 
  • edited January 2010
    Well it seems we are all friends now and there are no cliques. So in the future when a new person hit's the forum and say's something their views will be looked on with peace and harmony until of course they prove themselves unworthy. Suits me

Posted by vaigret
    lured out of retirement to point out that  42 % percent of the people that voted on the question, thought there were  cliques that shout down people......if you wish to leave the thread , as was your wish to fade into oblivion, then you should do so, it was quite happily resting  out of view!..lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : lured out of retirement to point out that  42 % percent of the people that voted on the question, thought there were  cliques that shout down people......if you wish to leave the thread , as was your wish to fade into oblivion, then you should do so, it was quite happily resting  out of view!..lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    Not sure you're the "out of view" type Hogan--lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Not sure you're the "out of view" type Hogan--lol
    Posted by oynutter
    lol, im trying to remain inconspicuous
  • edited January 2010
    bit of a turnaround?--you ok mate?---we are here to help you know--lol--class introduction to the community btw
  • edited January 2010
    bit of a turnaround?--you ok mate?---we are here to help you know--lol--class introduction to the community btw
    Posted by oynutter
    lol ty m8, actually if you could lend me a few quid till the next time i win a poker tournament that'd be helpful.......you dont mind the wait do u?....lol
  • edited January 2010
    you are growing on me hogan,

i just don't know what configuration the outcome,

will be yet ,

lol
  • edited January 2010
    I played a game with Mr Hogan earlier and I was shocked............

He's a really nice chap!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : lol ty m8, actually if you could lend me a few quid till the next time i win a poker tournament that'd be helpful.......you dont mind the wait do u?....lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    can't actually lend ya some cash m8---but the 2.25 double ya money tournies are a proper doddle, and if you use that cash to enter the 2.20 deep stacks, you will soon have a wee bankroll--gl m8--floppa whoppa!
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : can't actually lend ya some cash m8---but the 2.25 double ya money tournies are a proper doddle, and if you use that cash to enter the 2.20 deep stacks, you will soon have a wee bankroll--gl m8--floppa whoppa!
    Posted by oynutter
    oh well, you were my last port of call, im gonna have to go out and mug a hoodie now for some bankroll...lol
    i do play a lot of dyms, but to be honest, if i was playing any tournament at the moment and everyone but me was  "away", id still lose the thing...uber tilt!
    hey nice playing with u on the table earlier as well elsa
  • edited January 2010
    For someone who looks like Stan Boardman, ur not coming across as funny at all and actually quite bitter towards a fun forum.
    Posted by phil12uk
    The forum is fun, to me, in a bob monkhouse kind of way.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : asking a valid question!.....phil  were you trying to insult me by getting personal, because that would surely be breaking the forum rules regarding respecting each other wouldnt it ???
    Posted by hogan2089
    yeah that phil12uk blokes 1 of those cliquey sorts,likes 2 give it large from behind his technobox,proper intelligent 2,always got something welcoming 2 say.ur an insult 2 people called phil,uk12.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : clique:   an exclusive or clannish group of people is the dictionary defintion, my definition expands to a group of sycophants who set out to stifle anybodys point of view who differs to their own , and do so in numbers, and get treated differntly because they suck up to the hierarchy. hope that explains it !
    Posted by hogan2089
    sounds just about bang on.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : yeah that phil12uk blokes 1 of those cliquey sorts,likes 2 give it large from behind his technobox,proper intelligent 2,always got something welcoming 2 say.ur an insult 2 people called phil,uk12.
    Posted by philmenow
    just friendly jokey banter,dont take it 2 heart..
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Cracking post mate couldnt agree more. Every time I post something they don't like I get PMed in numbers with abuse especially by a certain toad of toad hall called MERENOVICE.
    Posted by acetenolol
    That's quite an allegation. I hope you can back it up, because you may just need to. If you're saying you are being PM'd with abuse, then this is not something that would or should be taken lightly. I suggest you contact the moderators with copies of the said abuse. If you, for whatever reason, can't do that I suggest you withdraw what you have said. 
  • edited January 2010
    It's news to me.
  • edited January 2010
    It's news to me.
    Posted by MereNovice

I thought it might be.

• edited January 2010
    no... if im too harsh on someone every has a go at me lol :) the only thing is... just be friendly and its all good. Have people come on moaning and having a go etc and it comes across really badly. 1st impressions and all that
    Posted by BlackFish3
    OMGG NEARLY CHOCKED ON MY COFFEE THEN
  • edited January 2010
    There is def a group within the group..... And before anyone gets defensive i don't say that as a bad thing. There is a group of like minded people on the forum that wil lgive pretty stock answers to people who complain about 1 thing or another. In some cases that is because that is their actual opinion and in otheres it is just because they have been around so long that they have seen the same questions asked before and know what SKY's response will be so they post something up along the lines of what the community rules are.

The group within wil have developed from years of posting and railing regulars and presenters, giving them common ground. Due to their online (and in some cases live) exchanges and posts with presenters and other staff members it can give the impression to newer posters that these people are "In with the Managment" so to speak, but i can't say i've ever seen any preferential treatment as far as bending forum rules etc goes
  • edited January 2010
    There is def a group within the group..... And before anyone gets defensive i don't say that as a bad thing. There is a group of like minded people on the forum that wil lgive pretty stock answers to people who complain about 1 thing or another. In some cases that is because that is their actual opinion and in otheres it is just because they have been around so long that they have seen the same questions asked before and know what SKY's response will be so they post something up along the lines of what the community rules are. The group within wil have developed from years of posting and railing regulars and presenters, giving them common ground. Due to their online (and in some cases live) exchanges and posts with presenters and other staff members it can give the impression to newer posters that these people are "In with the Managment" so to speak, but i can't say i've ever seen any preferential treatment as far as bending forum rules etc goes
    Posted by ACESOVER8s

Spot on!

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : Spot on!
    Posted by elsadog
    why are you advertising flea treatment ?.....lol
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : why are you advertising flea treatment ?.....lol
    Posted by hogan2089
    If you haven't tried it, don't knock it.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : That's quite an allegation. I hope you can back it up, because you may just need to. If you're saying you are being PM'd with abuse, then this is not something that would or should be taken lightly. I suggest you contact the moderators with copies of the said abuse. If you, for whatever reason, can't do that I suggest you withdraw what you have said. 
    Posted by elsadog
    I have the PMs I will not withdraw anything Ive said nor will I go to the mods off my own bat .

I can stick up for myself thanks however if the mods contact me for the PMs I will be happy to oblige them.

• edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : I have the PMs I will not withdraw anything Ive said nor will I go to the mods off my own bat . I can stick up for myself thanks however if the mods contact me for the PMs I will be happy to oblige them.
    Posted by acetenolol
    So you're going to stick by your damaging allegation against a highly liked and respected member of this community because you have the evidence to back it up, but you are not going to show the said evidence.

What a classy guy. If only more people were like you, this world would be a much better place.
  • edited January 2010
    In Response to Re: Forum cliques : So you're going to stick by your damaging allegation against a highly liked and respected member of this community because you have the evidence to back it up, but you are not going to show the said evidence. What a classy guy. If only more people were like you, this world would be a much better place.
    Posted by JingleMa
    For what its worth i don't think mere would consider such actions let alone carry them out but he said he would provide to mods if they asked, not that he wouldn't show them