You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Changes to Sky Poker TV

123457»

Comments

• edited March 2015
    Don't watch the News NoseyBonk it's always depressing, watch the WSOP Main Event repeats on YouTube instead, there's plenty of them and they are much more fun.
  • edited March 2015

Just wanted to say thanks to those that have been so kind about my small contributions to an amazing eight years of great poker content on C861.

I was watching the last show and I thought Tikay and Anna did a great job of keeping it friendly and fun and reminding us of all the best bits from the past while getting a bit emotional.

I'm not 100% sure what all the plans are for the future of Sky Poker TV but I am sure that there will be a future and despite not having a permanent home I'm sure plenty of content will pop-up on Sky Sports, on Challenge and on the internet.

I've made a few suggestions for some newer programmes that could be tried and I'm sure the team have plenty ideas of their own.

I think it's important to mourn and C861 was definitely a big part of everyone's life, especially the lives of it's very loyal viewers, but I also think that we have to accept that nothing lasts for ever and there had to be some changes.

I'm hoping the programmes on SS4 every Tuesday will be fun and a little different and I'm looking forward to being involved in them.
  • edited March 2015
    Will Anna, Orford and the regulars still be appearing?
  • edited March 2015
    when and where will be the tv schedule be listed on here?
  • edited March 2015
    In Response to Re: Changes to Sky Poker TV:
    It's not just the live shows I miss - 861 was my 'default channel' which I could always listen to in the background even if I wasn't watching 100%, because it was great but also didn't have adverts! Any time of day. Now I have nowhere except BBC depressing News that doesn't have adverts :-(
    Posted by NoseyBonk
    It was a continuous advert from that chubby pro bloke on all night long.
  • edited March 2015
    when and where will be the tv schedule be listed on here?
    Posted by andrew1947
    I dont think there wil be a TV schedule as such, Andrew, in much the same way as they don't have weather forecasts in, say, Las Vegas or The Gambia, as it's always much the same.

Tuesday evenings at 10pm on Sky Sports is the scheduled slot, if that changes, someone will post accordingly. 

Hope you enjoyed that little piece last week in which you got a mention,
    HERE

"....On Sunday, in the ever popular Sky Poker Super Roller, one of the long term and loyal recreationals, Andrew Garland, aka Andrew1947, bested the field of 181, and earned himself £5,400, with Sky Poker
    UKPC winner Alex Spencer in third for £1,970.

Andrew, who hails from Bristol, is rumoured to be 79 years of age, but the kids don't scare him, in fact he's been described as having "no idea," but it does not stop him being a serial winner on Sky Poker. The big boys just can't work him out, and there's plenty of life in that old dog yet......"

• edited March 2015
    Will Anna, Orford and the regulars still be appearing?
    Posted by copthis1
    Hi Cop,

Yes, though with less Shows, they will, obv, appear less often.