You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange

Comments

• edited July 2015
    Crushing is not how I would describe my month so far!

It has been very tough at the dyms for me so far this month but I will keep battling away and hopefully the results will come long term.

Good luck all

Ger
  • edited July 2015
    Played a few while grinding the last of the plo8, booked the win 3/3.

48/83; 164/283
  • edited July 2015
    first losing day for 16 days yesterday. But managed to claw back and win last 3 games to end 4/8. Total this 100 is 61/92.
    Playing well and getting lucky. i'm really happy with the way things are going. I'm chasing you down gearadirl.

The other night i opended up the lobby and saw BB Mike and Stuarty had registered for a game and decided to miss that game because of 2 tough regs at the table. I was wondering if anyone table selects before registering. I'm happy to play DYMs with 1 of you regs at the table but with 2 really good players it can make life difficult to cash.
  • edited July 2015
    I play at the times that suit me, don't really mind who's in the lobbies. I'll reg for as many as I want to play at the time then just hit the Play Again button until it's time to stop.
  • edited July 2015
    I remember discussing this with a friend.

If I had the choice of course I'm always gonna play the tables with weaker players. If you can make the same profit in 10 games against weak opponents as you can in 25 games against good opponents its logical to pick and choose your games.

If you dont care about profit and want to challenge yourself then just play the good players.

I suspect most would like a mix.

I think if you have the choice, choosing your table is exactly like choosing your starting hands. In this 1k challenge if you win 65% of games and someone says but you only played against bad players I think you would take that over a 55% against good players.

In plo8 I dont really have much choice because of low traffic but there have been times if Im going through a bad run I wont join a table if there are 3 or 4 strong players at it.

Ger
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    first losing day for 16 days yesterday. But managed to claw back and win last 3 games to end 4/8. Total this 100 is 61/92. Playing well and getting lucky. i'm really happy with the way things are going. I'm chasing you down gearadirl. The other night i opended up the lobby and saw BB Mike and Stuarty had registered for a game and decided to miss that game because of 2 tough regs at the table. I was wondering if anyone table selects before registering. I'm happy to play DYMs with 1 of you regs at the table but with 2 really good players it can make life difficult to cash.
    Posted by spinky6108
    I definitely use table selection and feel it is vital to good profits. If theres 2 regs at a table already then I'll rarely sit on it. I do prefer to be the first person sat on a table though then let everyone else worry about it. I assume there are some regs that would rather not have me in their games, just like id rather not have them in mine (not in a horrible way, i mean it in a completely respect based way) so by sitting first hopefully these people choose not to sit with me and im left with more weaker players.   I also like to pick out players who i know have very exploitable weaknesses, for example players that only defend there BB with premium hands, this can be such an easy way to ensure u cash its definitely worth looking out for. 

Though let's face it  at some times of the day you just have to sit down and deal with whoevers there or you dont get a game.
  • edited July 2015
    Finished 4th hundred with 68/100 running really well. Not such a good day today 8/19, So total on 5th hundred is 13/26. Nearly half way!
  • edited July 2015
    Hi All

Just finished my 4th 100, after running very bad in first 50 scoring 27/50 i pulled it back a bit with 31/50 on the 2nd 50.

So 58/100 isnt too bad i suppose after the bad run i went on.

Overall i am 243/400

which is 60.75% 

Off on my hols this week GL everyone
  • edited July 2015
    Car crash last night, I'm sure Spinky is using table selection to hunt me down and get seated to my left, then proceed to rudely win all flips ever. Couldn't even hold TT vs AJ hitting a T on the flop. 2/8 on the day, let's hope I get to see the reverse of this run soon.

3rd 100 50/91, would like to win at least 7 of the last 9 we'll see.
  • edited July 2015
    It was brutal yesterday couldn't win a single hand which was getting me mad and making mistakes, with being in the ukpc final satellite I decided to stop playing and do a little run to calm down. This helped a lot as I crushed the satellite and won my seat so maybe I will see some of you in Nottingham.

challenge wise I haven't got a clue how am doing now but hopefully I am still at 60%
  • edited July 2015
    Hi all, it's been my birthday weekend so ive played no games towards the challange (atleast none i can remember) sharkscope will soon let me know otherwise :) will update the table when I get home from work tonight. 

On the subject of birthdays sky must have forgot mine :(
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    Car crash last night, I'm sure Spinky is using table selection to hunt me down and get seated to my left, then proceed to rudely win all flips ever. Couldn't even hold TT vs AJ hitting a T on the flop. 2/8 on the day, let's hope I get to see the reverse of this run soon. 3rd 100 50/91, would like to win at least 7 of the last 9 we'll see.
    Posted by bbMike
    Well, I didn't. Didn't even win the majority. Finished 54/100 there. In that weird spot where you run bad then start to play bad, never ends well. More concentration required to move it on.

170/300 (if that matches SS?)
  • edited July 2015
    It was brutal yesterday couldn't win a single hand which was getting me mad and making mistakes, with being in the ukpc final satellite I decided to stop playing and do a little run to calm down. This helped a lot as I crushed the satellite and won my seat so maybe I will see some of you in Nottingham. challenge wise I haven't got a clue how am doing now but hopefully I am still at 60%
    Posted by craigyb22
    Well done on ukpc final. I had a Sunday at the tables like you!
  • edited July 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : Well, I didn't. Didn't even win the majority. Finished 54/100 there. In that weird spot where you run bad then start to play bad, never ends well. More concentration required to move it on. 170/300 (if that matches SS?)
    Posted by bbMike
    SS has you at 172/300, congrats on 2 bonus wins ;)

table is now updated!
  • edited July 2015
    I will be back playing more from tomorrow night, just had a hectic few weeks.

I need to up my volume and I def need to up my game!

Gl all
  • edited July 2015
    Bad day today won 3 lost 4, getting it in infront yet for some reason results going against the odds alot tonight for me.

Keep playing smart and results should turn....patience the name of the game.

Good luck all.

Ger
  • edited July 2015
    Better day for me 9/13. How i won the last 2 i will never know. There was bad connection problems with Sky last night and i got disconnected a few times then i lost all connection and had to reboot when i got back only had 800 chips left on the bubble on one game but managed to win.

Craig i noticed you got diconnected on at least 2 games i was in and got blinded out. Contact customer service you may get your stake back they did it for me once!
  • edited July 2015
    Better day for me 9/13. How i won the last 2 i will never know. There was bad connection problems with Sky last night and i got disconnected a few times then i lost all connection and had to reboot when i got back only had 800 chips left on the bubble on one game but managed to win. Craig i noticed you got diconnected on at least 2 games i was in and got blinded out. Contact customer service you may get your stake back they did it for me once!
    Posted by spinky6108
    The connection problems cost me on 6/7 games I couldn't even unregister on some games. They have give me £10 back so im still down but will leave it at that.
  • edited July 2015
    Hi all, finally had a good day yesterday! won 4 from 4.

Overall Im 64.75% from 261 games. Very happy with that but Im determined to exceed 65%. Of course Craigs 15 win streak is huge motivation also! Really enjoying this challenge guys thanks for setting it up RLT and Stu.

It looks like playing plo8 gives me an advantage or are you all just rubbish (joke! lol) but it is interesting to see 61% leads the holdem scores from some very good players. 

Might not be able to play for a few days as heading away on a short holiday...might try get the odd game in late we'll see.

Tikay is back at the plo8 tables but Ive managed to cash in any game I played with him so far....that wont last!

Good luck guys and run good at the tables.

Ger
  • edited July 2015
    Currently on an awful run in the dyms....2/6 tonight. Hope things turn around soon because I'm losing ground on you lot!

Gl all
  • edited July 2015
    Think i had my worse day ever since we began this 5/16 couldnt win anything. i suppose i was due a bad day proberly below 60% now. Lets hope things improve. Total for this hundred is 30/64. 
  • edited July 2015
    Also having a miserable time of it, only clocked 4 of the first 10 in my next 100.

Going to try to few things, could go one way or the other.
  • edited July 2015
    meh just posted but apparently got logged out mid post, sort it out sky ;)

had a very good day today winning 35/54 £3 games, and 7/11 £5 games for a decent profit and to take me well over the 500 points for the week, hoping to hit 1000 to get myself a semi decent bonus :)

leaderboard has been updated and other than gerardirl who is just playing that soft omaha stuff im now out in front. hoping tikay will put a dent into his score soon, as hes miles infront with 64% to my 61%.

see you all soon :)
  • edited July 2015
    Thanks for updating Lee. My score is not as bad as i thought. Really happy with it, After the bad day i had Thursday 5/16. It went better yesterday 7/11. Should be half way after today.

Good luck at the tables!
  • edited July 2015
    Quick 8, took 50%, starting to get to me a little. Might stop counting the scores as I go and just have a look in the account after a session. Over the long run what will be will be. Could switch to PLO8 I suppose but it's so easy over there it almost feels like cheating ;)
  • edited July 2015
    tables has been updated again, i see most of you put a lot of volume in wih the double points weekend going on :), sky should run those more often
  • edited July 2015
    another really good night for me, winning 22/26 games in total (this had some 11 and 5 games in them) everything just seemed to go well, and im back above 62% on the leaderboard for the first time in a while.

will probably not be on so much next week as im pretty busy in the evenings with work, so best of luck to you all, hope you run well.
  • edited July 2015
    Had a great hol but poker has been terrible

Cant win a dym but just won the 9.45 BH

stuarty1171140001£42.37 + £17.42 Head Prizes6£5.46
    You gotta love the ups and downs of poker.

Also getting back to full fitness i shot a 72 on saturday a little bit closer to getting down to 3 now sitting at 3.8
  • edited July 2015
    Still ticking over nicely 10/17 yesterday. ROI of 11.8% since this challenge started according to Lee. Very happy with that!

Golf not going so good lol.
  • edited July 2015
    Im also really bad at golf :)
    I am however fairly decent at footgolf :)