You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Sorry ive been abit slow updating the table will do it when i em get in from work in the morning, craigyb is the first player to finish the challange with 596/1000, (59.6%) good job craigy!
  • edited August 2015
    tables has been updated, as usual later than planned, had a girl fall over at work at 2am this morning and break her wrists, so spent most of the morning in hospital with her, #topboss.

i also set the cctv to the right moment so anyone who comes in can watch it over and over again. #notsotopboss :)
  • edited August 2015
    Thanks Lee, not sure if anyone else is the same but mine wasnt updated. Ive now 359 played.

thanks
    Ger
  • edited August 2015

thanks, not happy with that % though could of done a little bit better. good luck everyone.

• edited August 2015
    Well done Craig, think I shared all of two tables with you and Im pretty sure you cashed in both.

1k games already is pretty savage stuff.

Good luck at the tables.

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    Thanks Lee, not sure if anyone else is the same but mine wasnt updated. Ive now 359 played. thanks Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    sry gerrardirl im no sure exactly what happened there, i will update at the end of tonights session
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    tables has been updated, as usual later than planned, had a girl fall over at work at 2am this morning and break her wrists, so spent most of the morning in hospital with her, #topboss. i also set the cctv to the right moment so anyone who comes in can watch it over and over again. #notsotopboss :)
    Posted by RLT16

can a 'source' post this to you tube please?
  • edited August 2015
    At this rate i will have to deposit

last 12 i have won 2 yes 2

i havnt had a run this bad ever. Last 200 to 250 games or so variance my a*s, making myself angry now which is not good. Dunno what to do. 

I have never got angry at poker i love the game but at this moment i hate it. Really hate it.
  • edited August 2015
    If it helps we have all got angry and annoyed so dont think your alone.

What I will say is remember this time now when your on your next heater and appreciate the heater even more.
    Consider taking time off even a day or two can work wonders- you know yourself when your in a good place to play. The next game you play dont put too much pressure on as its a session of maybe 6 or 10 games that matter not the first game. I sometimes imagine Im on TV having my play examined by the experts to confirm Im doing the right thing, and as you know doing the right thing will work long term.

Very best of luck! you know Ima big fan of your Stu.

Ger

ps remember enjoyment comes before winning.
  • edited August 2015
    Here's a good one for ya. 

UKPC freeroll, 10 qualify for semis , or in my case a cash for £28.

Im sitting 9th, 2 guys on other table go all in, bigger stack turns fh, smaller stack rivers a str8 flush!

Previous bigger stack now is left with about 1 bb. 

Few mins later im 10 and 1bb guy doubles up a few times.

11th place is forced all in with 58 and flops and str8!!!!

Im now 11th and I go all in with 77 and lose.

Now thats my friends is not easy to take!!! lol

Oh well I guess someone has to bubble....I did manage £10 in the £1k freeroll though so thats some consolation, my qq bust by a7 ouchies.

Quiet tonight on the plo8 tables, gl guys

Ger 
  • edited August 2015
    News Flash

Played 1 DYM and won, decided to stop for the night and book the win :)

UL Ger in bubbling and TY for railing my dym for the support LOL 
  • edited August 2015
    Woohoo, dont mention the away player on the bubble ...shush lol
  • edited August 2015
    Woohoo, dont mention the away player on the bubble ...shush lol
    Posted by gerardirl
    Goodness ger dont tell everyone i worked hard for it, seems like thats the only way i can win
  • edited August 2015
    In fairness you did play that one hand well! 

Ger

• edited August 2015
    Ahhhhhh. Saw RLT & Stuart chatting over the weekend and had no idea what they were blabbering on about! Now I do hah! I started grinding this level DYMs about a year ago (trying to save for a holiday with the missus hah) and recorded my results - over a slightly longer than 2 month period I played 161 games at £3.30, cashing in 104 of them for a 64.6% hit rate. Clearly that's nowhere near as big a sample size as you guys so i'd certainly expect that % to drop somewhat but happy to see that i'm in the same area as you guys. I stopped doing it August last year, but picked it up again in the last month or so - so if I find time I might update my spreadsheet with the recent results. I won't ask for inclusion in the challenge though as I only get two or three sessions in per week so i'd have no chance to reach the total, but i'll probably keep up with you guys on the tables as I go. 

GL with your own individual goals/targets/side bets. 
  • edited August 2015
    Nice one Youngun I recall playing agasint you recently and you knocked me out! grrr lol

I did my homework though I had seen your impressive record beforehand. If I recall you had a high pair and beat my ak.

Thanks for updating the leaderboard Lee, Im running well at the moment thankfully.....you might wanna update my winstreak at 11 ;) and counting!! 5 more to go ohhhh the pressure!!!

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    Nice one Youngun I recall playing agasint you recently and you knocked me out! grrr lol I did my homework though I had seen your impressive record beforehand. If I recall you had a high pair and beat my ak. Thanks for updating the leaderboard Lee, Im running well at the moment thankfully.....you might wanna update my winstreak at 11 ;) and counting!! 5 more to go ohhhh the pressure!!! Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Thanks Ger. Must confess I can't remember that lol but at least it sounds like the hand played itself and I didn't just completely fish out on you haha.

In other news, was 7/7 tonight but lost a flip in my last one :(. Would have put me on 10 unbeaten aswell.
  • edited August 2015
    Speaking of streaks I got to 13 but lost on no 14, no complaints thankfully wasnt donked. delighted though been a while since I had a run that good

Have to ensure now that I dont go on a losing streak!!

Good luck all,

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    Had a slow down with volume, went through the period of not really enjoying it and not playing very well as a result. Seems impossible to play so much without a period like that somewhere.

Hoping to pick up again soon, and also hoping to start to see an improvement. GL.
  • edited August 2015

Stuarty. It mirrors life and can be brutal which is why you love the game and can hate it. Poker is a game where you play well and lose or play bad and win. It is random but your skill and reading people and good ROI is the mark of how you good you can be. Downswings are part and parcel but trying to play your best each time rather than just pressing buttons on autopilot will see you through the storm. Is there any one thing you feel is stopping progress at minute or just cards?
    Happy to help you out mate. Good luck and keep at it.
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : Stuarty. It mirrors life and can be brutal which is why you love the game and can hate it. Poker is a game where you play well and lose or play bad and win. It is random but your skill and reading people and good ROI is the mark of how you good you can be. Downswings are part and parcel but trying to play your best each time rather than just pressing buttons on autopilot will see you through the storm. Is there any one thing you feel is stopping progress at minute or just cards? Happy to help you out mate. Good luck and keep at it.
    Posted by mcglynn07
    Thanks McG

Things looking up maybe????? first lucky one for a while

Player Action Cards Amount Pot Balance
    rightcard Small blind   100.00 100.00 5298.75
    A Big blind   200.00 300.00 2200.00
      Your hole cards

stuarty117 All-in   1120.00 1420.00 0.00
    Boozybird Fold        
    rightcard Fold        
    A Raise   1840.00 3260.00 360.00
    A Unmatched bet   920.00 2340.00 1280.00
    A Show

stuarty117 Show

Flop

Turn

River

stuarty117 Win Full House, 7s and 9s 2340.00 
  • edited August 2015
    Nice catch. It does not take long. Good luck. Best regards Danny.

• edited August 2015
    So as many of you know as you were all at my table most the night, i had a pretty rough night, was down almost £40 at one point on top of some pretty horrendous FR exits :) , and i wont bore you with all the stories but losing AA vs AA pretty much summed it up for me lol.

somehow managed to get most of that back and finish the night only £15 down. however my win % has taken a massive dive, from close to 61% to 59.8%.

I knew i was due a bad run and id been playing and running well for pretty much the whole challenge so far, but i haven't ran or more importantly played as bad in a long time probably since before stu gave me the great advice he did that turned me into a winning player.

just want to say thanks for Stu, Andy and jds, just having you guys at the tables helped get me off tilt tbh was good talking to you trying to get me to go on a break was nice but i knew i could play through it. and hopefully with the extra volume i've put in this week should bag myself a decent bonus come Monday :)
  • edited August 2015
    Been struggling as well for the last 2 days 15/35 ive only lost about £23.00 which is nothing as i have made a lot more money than this since the challenge started. I am more worried about my win percentage than the money!

Some good advice on here from mcglynn. 

If we have a winning game don't change it varience will soon change round in our favour.
  • edited August 2015
    If we have a winning game don't change it varience will soon change round in our favour.
    Posted by spinky6108
    Whilst this is true in the main I think it's important that bad results aren't immediately written off as variance. People will recommend a break because when times get tough it's easier to make mistakes. A bad run can quite quickly turn into a worse one. As good thinking players you know when you're making mistakes and you don't want to get into that mental battle with yourself.

If you can honestly play your best through the tough times then volume will help.

There is also a point about reflecting upon whether your game needs to move on. Whilst being on the bad run isn't the best time to adapt a new strategy but we should always be looking at whether we need to adapt to others, and that's all part of playing well.
  • edited August 2015
    Interesting about the comment about your game moving on. I agree with this. I find adapting your game to your opponent is vital. I do notice some good players in plo8 playing technically very well but do not alter their approach or style to match their opponents. I played some starting hands yesterday that I normally fold and they turned out to be game winners for me ...risky yes but it keeps people guessing about reads on me and I think it suited to combat the opponents at my table.

Im finding this challenge very interesting, obviously I think we are all strong players and are very determined to do the best we can and its great motivation for us. But what I wasnt expecting is sharing our mental state and coping with tough times etc. Please dont take this as a brag but honestly I have not tilted once in this challenge so far. If I get a bad beat or lose a few games I remind myself of the mental strength I believe I have which I also believe gives me an edge over my opponents. I think at the end of this challenge that might be the thing we all gain most from this. Great to see people being so honest.

Good luck today guys,

Ger
  • edited August 2015
    Interesting about the comment about your game moving on. I agree with this. I find adapting your game to your opponent is vital. I do notice some good players in plo8 playing technically very well but do not alter their approach or style to match their opponents. I played some starting hands yesterday that I normally fold and they turned out to be game winners for me ...risky yes but it keeps people guessing about reads on me and I think it suited to combat the opponents at my table. Im finding this challenge very interesting, obviously I think we are all strong players and are very determined to do the best we can and its great motivation for us. But what I wasnt expecting is sharing our mental state and coping with tough times etc. Please dont take this as a brag but honestly I have not tilted once in this challenge so far. If I get a bad beat or lose a few games I remind myself of the mental strength I believe I have which I also believe gives me an edge over my opponents. I think at the end of this challenge that might be the thing we all gain most from this. Great to see people being so honest. Good luck today guys, Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    of course not you've got a 63% win rate lol you've very little reason to tilt!!! 

I on the other hand just keep losing - tilt at en EPIC level lol
  • edited August 2015
    Decent last couple of sessions. RLT when you have some time could you update the table, think I might have beaten my previous win streak amongst the last set of games.

Cheers

Mike
  • edited August 2015
    Decent last couple of sessions. RLT when you have some time could you update the table, think I might have beaten my previous win streak amongst the last set of games. Cheers Mike
    Posted by bbMike
    I'm away this weekend, wont be able to update before Sunday evening at earliest will do it asap, WD on ur win streak :)
  • edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : I'm away this weekend, wont be able to update before Sunday evening at earliest will do it asap, WD on ur win streak :)
    Posted by RLT16
    Great cheers. Thanks yeah I could feel one coming just had to stay patient.