You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange

Comments

• edited June 2015
    Hi all 3/7 not great even played a pl08 at one point. 

Played my last game with Waller , big stack on 8k  he needed to put 120 to see wallers hand and go all in, but folded ( Bb 1k) weird fold I felt and Waller said in chat it was strange, went out next hand I think was down to 120. Would post it but don't know how! Enjoyed are games tonight Waller, run good mate. Anyhoo been a long day gl all.

Edit: Waller can you post the hand if you have time please :)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    Hi all 3/7 not great even played a pl08 at one point.  Played my last game with Waller , big stack on 8k  he needed to put 120 to see wallers hand and go all in, but folded ( Bb 1k) weird fold I felt and Waller said in chat it was strange, went out next hand I think was down to 120. Would post it but don't know how! Enjoyed are games tonight Waller, run good mate. Anyhoo been a long day gl all.
    Posted by Snuffer
    His fold was shocking mate, It looked like a spite fold due to your earlier clashes as he was chirping in the chat box when you beat him twice. I didn't like to win it in that way tbh. Enjoyed our games too. Gl in the rest

Here is the hand......
    Small blind  500.00 500.00 8045.00
    waller02 Big blind  1000.00 1500.00 120.00
      Your hole cards
    • K
    • J

spinky6108 Fold     
    Snuffer Fold     
    Fold     
    waller02 Muck     
    waller02 Win  1000.00  1120.00
    waller02 Return  500.00 0
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    This is gonna be 3mnths or so of some good banter I reckon. Especially with RLT, who always takes the time to inform me of the enjoyment he gets from stealing my blind :) Was good to share a table with Snuffer and Spinky just now too in what was the longest DYM I have been in for quite some time! (up to 500/1000 lvl) I have made a bit of progress this evening and have finally won more than I have lost, although I'm sure this will change again tomorrow. W17 L13 Good work with the Chart RLT........what is your name btw? Are we on first name terms yet? The amount of times I give you my big blind surely means we are! Best of luck to all involved. Looking forward to our future battles
    Posted by waller02
    im on first name terms with everyone, my names Lee :) was good fun that game, just annoyed that u cashed ;), been running bad ever since but still on around 64% so cant grumble :) will update the chart just before i go to bed tonight, but i can already tell you that ur still not top. :)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : His fold was shocking mate, It looked like a spite fold due to your earlier clashes as he was chirping in the chat box when you beat him twice. I didn't like to win it in that way tbh. Enjoyed our games too. Gl in the rest Here is the hand...... x  Small blind   500.00 500.00 8045.00 waller02 Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 120.00   Your hole cards K J       spinky6108 Fold         Snuffer Fold         x  Fold         waller02 Muck         waller02 Win   1000.00   1120.00 waller02 Return   500.00 0
    Posted by waller02
    regardless of that guys play, im not happy that 3 of you are on the same table and u all amanged to get to the bubble, u guys should be putting mroe effort into knocking each other out and less into cashing.. amatuers ;)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : His fold was shocking mate, It looked like a spite fold due to your earlier clashes as he was chirping in the chat box when you beat him twice. I didn't like to win it in that way tbh. Enjoyed our games too. Gl in the rest Here is the hand...... x  Small blind   500.00 500.00 8045.00 waller02 Big blind   1000.00 1500.00 120.00   Your hole cards K J       spinky6108 Fold         Snuffer Fold         x  Fold         waller02 Muck         waller02 Win   1000.00   1120.00 waller02 Return   500.00 0
    Posted by waller02
    Thanks mate, yeah only reason I could find was a spite fold, still it won't spoil what was a great game.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : Thanks mate, yeah only reason I could find was a spite fold, still it won't spoil what was a great game.
    Posted by Snuffer
    like that guy said earlier snuffer, maybe u need to find some new friends? cant be annoying people into making spite folds ;)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : regardless of that guys play, im not happy that 3 of you are on the same table and u all amanged to get to the bubble, u guys should be putting mroe effort into knocking each other out and less into cashing.. amatuers ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    Did I mention Waller knocked me out on bubble with my k high flush on turn and he rivered a full house. Bitter, no I'm not bitter ;)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : like that guy said earlier snuffer, maybe u need to find some new friends? cant be annoying people into making spite folds ;)
    Posted by RLT16
    Next time your directly to my left you will regret that post ;) sort this out for me Sky
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : im on first name terms with everyone, my names Lee :) was good fun that game, just annoyed that u cashed ;), been running bad ever since but still on around 64% so cant grumble :) will update the chart just before i go to bed tonight, but i can already tell you that ur still not top. :)
    Posted by RLT16
    I'm playing the long game mate, make you lot feel good about yourselves before I change gears at the 700 game mark with a World Record streak.

As I said to you the other day, I will be happy to win 600 and as long as I don't come bottom or end up losing a lot of money I won't be complaining.

Gl Lee

You can call me waller and I will save you the trouble of typing the 02............or Ryan will do I guess, just not Rik or I'm quitting the comp!
  • edited June 2015
    8/12 now yey....not bad after losing my first 4 eh! Playing another now so fingers crossed!

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Great idea guys, I shall watch with interest.
  • edited June 2015
  • edited June 2015
    Interesting challenge.

I played a couple of £3.30 games tonight because of this thread.

Cashed in both but rlt and bbmike didn't.

Be lucky.
  • edited June 2015
    Blah was on a nice streak but lost on number 10 ...on the bubble ...on the river and by the big stack of course! lol

9/14

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Lacked the concentration tonight, mistake playing them alongside PLO8.

5/8 for the night, so 12/17 total.
  • edited June 2015
    Not a great night for me, to tired shouldnt have played the last 3 only won 1 of them

3/7

so overall i am 

17/27
  • edited June 2015
    Some more enjoyable games tonight finding it hard to get a game without any of you guys on my table which isnt helpng my win rate, cant you all just sit on 1 table together and leave me alone?

Stu i met that other person you were on about last night and you were right they are also very unpleasent, although it wasnt aimed towards me and i was playing to many tables to stand up for the poor guy being abused. happily though most people werent like that and its good to see so many people joining in with the banter, except the guy u tried to get to report me to sky, buzz kill ;)

Table has been updated, and BBmike is still ahead % wise with 70.58% albeit from only 17 games. lets see if he can keep that up. and with snuffer currently dead last, which isnt suprising as he has to deal with me stealing his big and small blind every orbit ;), i even tried knocking him out on the bubble of a game when one guy was AFk but it wasnt to be.
  • edited June 2015
    Interesting challenge. I played a couple of £3.30 games tonight because of this thread. Cashed in both but rlt and bbmike didn't. Be lucky.
    Posted by achill
    was a good game without 5 strong players on our table i probably shouldnt of sat down for that one, but i didnt recognise the names :(

wp see you again soon
  • edited June 2015
    Blah was on a nice streak but lost on number 10 ...on the bubble ...on the river and by the big stack of course! lol 9/14 Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    ah you'll have to stop playing those soft plo games and get playing some proper poker ;)

or if tikay hurries up and gets back form vegas to lower ur win rate that would be good to :)
  • edited June 2015
    Morning all great start for me last night 8/10. RLTs A3 against my A4 knocked me out of one Cheers :). Couldn't belive that fold on you Waller deffinately a spite fold for me! not good to see. On to day 2.
  • edited June 2015
    Noooo bad start :(
    3/8
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : ah you'll have to stop playing those soft plo games and get playing some proper poker ;) or if tikay hurries up and gets back form vegas to lower ur win rate that would be good to :)
    Posted by RLT16
    Ah that old chestnut again.

Well interesting topic to be honest as the question is are PLO8 dyms softer than holdem dyms?

Stu and myself were discussing this briefly the other day. I think it all depends who is at the table really. You will get some players that are not familiar with PLO8 however you could argue by watching some players play holdem you have the same there! lol But yes its probably more common to see it in PLO8. However I would add that even if you havent a clue of your hand ranks in PLO8 you always stand a better chance of winning a pot than you would with a bad hand in Holdem.

There are of course many PLO8 regulars that play dyms no different than holdem.

One could also argue that £3 holdem dyms are soft as all the best holdem players are playing higher stakes....thats another debate!

I think one thing that would be interesting to check is Tikays % win ratio in PLO8 dyms considering he often cashes in Omaha WSOP events. You might not call them soft then ;).

But on a serious note I think it is a good question and I think there is a belief that they are softer as Ive heard it said many times by different people. I dont know the answer! but I do know its a hell of an exciting game to play, I played Holdem well before PLO8 but I dont find Holdem exciting anymore.

BBmike has had good success in both be interesting to hear his thoughts?

Ger 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : Ah that old chestnut again. Well interesting topic to be honest as the question is are PLO8 dyms softer than holdem dyms? Stu and myself were discussing this briefly the other day. I think it all depends who is at the table really. You will get some players that are not familiar with PLO8 however you could argue by watching some players play holdem you have the same there! lol But yes its probably more common to see it in PLO8. However I would add that even if you havent a clue of your hand ranks in PLO8 you always stand a better chance of winning a pot than you would with a bad hand in Holdem. There are of course many PLO8 regulars that play dyms no different than holdem. One could also argue that £3 holdem dyms are soft as all the best holdem players are playing higher stakes....thats another debate! I think one thing that would be interesting to check is Tikays % win ratio in PLO8 dyms considering he often cashes in Omaha WSOP events. You might not call them soft then ;). But on a serious note I think it is a good question and I think there is a belief that they are softer as Ive heard it said many times by different people. I dont know the answer! but I do know its a hell of an exciting game to play, I played Holdem well before PLO8 but I dont find Holdem exciting anymore. BBmike has had good success in both be interesting to hear his thoughts? Ger

was just toungue in cheek :)  i for one find PLO8 alot harder than holdem so i steer well clear of it i see its growing in popularity though so i might have to give it another go some time
    Posted by gerardirl
  • edited June 2015
    Ah I know u were messing but still its a good question!

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    I also find PLO8 a lot harder than holdem. Huge respect for anybody who is a competent player.

Not playing anymore DYMs tonight as concentrating on MTTs for the rest of the evening.

W21 L16

Gl all
  • edited June 2015
    Day started off well, won the first 3 then a bit of a bumpy ride ending with rlt Donk shoving my pre flop raise of aj with his ak hitting str8 over my trips :( .....anyway 5/10 today, run good guys.
  • edited June 2015
    Day started off well, won the first 3 then a bit of a bumpy ride ending with rlt Donk shoving my pre flop raise of aj with his ak hitting str8 over my trips :( .....anyway 5/10 today, run good guys.
    Posted by Snuffer
    and i aint stopping with snuffer, im coming for all of you!
  • edited June 2015

15 minutes after declaring I was concentrating on MTTs........I am out of them.

Time for a film!!!!

• edited June 2015
    another session over and the challange table has been updated, still slightly ahead of my target win ratio so i continue to be happy with my results, but id like spinky to slow down a little. :)

Hosting my monthly home game tomorow so i wont be on, that will give you guys a chance to catch up :) GL all
  • edited June 2015
    Im 3/3 tonight but playng another now....