You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange

Comments

• edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    Lee, Are you just gonna pull results from scope or do you want me to post here? nothing of note to report but I did beat my win streak of one in a row ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62
    hi jimi i will pull the complete results from scope, but if people want to post there daily results here aswell thats up to them :)

incase anyone is interested since the challange has started the people competing have played a total of 1042 dyms at a profit of £294 (8.5% roi) with a combined win % of 59.59%, you have to feel sorry for the other guys at the tables :) the biggest combined win streak is 11
  • edited June 2015
    Average night. Tried to chat with jds.......ignored me. I then automatically wanted him to lose.......he didn't.

W76 L57

Gl all
  • edited June 2015
    Good session for me tonight. Waller and wardster tried to chat to me...my ban prevented me from replying. Sorry fellas :( 

Won 8 out of 10.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    Good session for me tonight. Waller and wardster tried to chat to me...my ban prevented me from replying. Sorry fellas :(  Won 8 out of 10.
    Posted by jdsallstar
    I didn't know you were banned. Can't they ban you from playing for a bit too??
  • edited June 2015
    5/8 tonight. 

If someone could kindly scope me from 3rd June I will keep a better count and post running totals again. Thanks.
  • edited June 2015
    Small session tonite as i did quite well in a small MTT 1.10 Freezout 9.45. Got to HU but came 2nd for £20

So i only got playing 3 dyms and won them all.

So i am 

95/150 63.3333%

Also currently on a winning streak of 8, try and add to that tomorrow

PS Mike here u go

• Middle/Late (20%)
      0%
    • First Game Date: 03/06/2015 13:46
    • ITM%
      60.6%
    • Last Game Date: 15/06/2015 23:00
    • Total Losing Days: 3
    • Max Cashing Streak: 6
    • Max Losing Streak: 5
    • Max Winning Streak: 6
    • Most Games / Day: 37
    • PokerStars Tournament Leaderboard Points: 0
    • Av % Field Beaten
      70.4%
    • Total Rake
      £47.94
    • Total Stake: £480
    • Total ROI
      10.2%
    • Wins: 97
    • Turbo Ratio
      0%
    • Total Winning Days: 7
    • Worst 100 Streak Av Profit
      £0.06
    • Worst 500 Streak Av Profit: -
    • Count: 160
    • Av Profit
      £0.34
    • Av Stake: £3
    • Av ROI
      10.2%
    • Profit
      £54.05
    • Ability: 63
    • Achievement Points: 18
    • Active Days: 10
    • Av Entrants: 6
    • Av Games / Day (when playing): 16
    • Best 100 Streak Av Profit
      £0.54
    • Best 500 Streak Av Profit: -
    • Total Break Even Days: 0
    • Total Cashes
      £582
    • Early Finishes (10%)
      9.4%
    • Early/Middle Finishes (20%)
      11.2%
    • Late Finishes (10%)
      60.6%
    • Middle Finishes (40%)
      18.8%
  • edited June 2015
    Same played 3 won 3 , but for me a win streak of 4!!! haha

Have a good day tomorrow folks.

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks Stu, lots of info there! Looks like 97/160, feels low, so got work to do.

Don't know how you guys get your win streaks when they finish in different orders to when they start.
  • edited June 2015
    Ah, just spotted it, you get it from sharky. Ok, carry on!  Back calculating either I missed a couple or my drunk session was 1/8 rather than 1/6 that I thought it was. Whatever, I'll start here from 97/160 and go back to the trusty notepad and pen.
  • edited June 2015
    I think I've finished my first 100 games, just waiting for table to be updated.

I'm currently on a 9 game losing streak which is the worst I have ever run, so that gives me a 49% win ratio which is awful as my target was 60% at the start of this challenge.

Decided to take a couple of days off as I believe this is not just down to variance but more bad play from myself.

I'm going to go through some of my hand histories and try and plug some leaks and maybe re-read through some poker books.

If this happened to me 6 months ago I would have kicked the metaphorical cat! But after reading The mental game of poker a few months ago I still maintain a positive attitude going forward, any advice from you guys if you've encounter a similar situation would be much appreciated.

• edited June 2015
    Hi Snuffer yes Ive encountered this many times. My worst streak was 9 in a row also. 

For me I would advise first of all to play only when you have the appetite to play and not just from habbit.

When you have the appetite I would advise you to play one table (not multi)

Take note of how you played at the end of the game - regardless if you win or lose whats important is take note if you played well or not. 

My motto in dym is always lose with a good hand, there is nothing worse than letting your chips dwindle away or to be forced to shove with rubbish. When I look back my aim is always to say my last hand was a good hand , they either donked me or they just had better.

D'ont play with fear! just do the right thing.

Its difficult to give anymore advice but a general dym strategy is play safish early on and more aggressive on the bubble. 
    I have two aims in dyms 
    1. Make the bubble (no matter how bad your hands are if you make the bubble youcan open up then as people generally get tighter as they dont want to be the one taking the chance and having to call your all in)
    2. Cash

When your confidence is back you can consider playing a few tables but only when your confidence and results get back on track.

Poker is a hugely pyscological game and Im not bragging but if you look at my profit graph it might appear Im winning all the time, but there have been many times I have had to regroup, rethink and build my confidence again.

Best of luck snuffer.

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Hi Snuffer yes Ive encountered this many times. My worst streak was 9 in a row also.  For me I would advise first of all to play only when you have the appetite to play and not just from habbit. When you have the appetite I would advise you to play one table (not multi) Take note of how you played at the end of the game - regardless if you win or lose whats important is take note if you played well or not.  My motto in dym is always lose with a good hand, there is nothing worse than letting your chips dwindle away or to be forced to shove with rubbish. When I look back my aim is always to say my last hand was a good hand , they either donked me or they just had better. D'ont play with fear! just do the right thing. Its difficult to give anymore advice but a general dym strategy is play safish early on and more aggressive on the bubble.  I have two aims in dyms  1. Make the bubble (no matter how bad your hands are if you make the bubble youcan open up then as people generally get tighter as they dont want to be the one taking the chance and having to call your all in) 2. Cash When your confidence is back you can consider playing a few tables but only when your confidence and results get back on track. Poker is a hugely pyscological game and Im not bragging but if you look at my profit graph it might appear Im winning all the time, but there have been many times I have had to regroup, rethink and build my confidence again. Best of luck snuffer. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    +1
    An excellent post, DYM play is a skill easily forgotten when you haven't played them for a while (ie me :-)) it is easy to get too adventurous or stubborn early and tighten up at the wrong time, blinding down to the point you are forcing it with rubbish.
    I have thrown my hat in the ring here to encourage me to play more of these.
    I used to be pretty good at them and they are a great way to pad your bankroll for tourneys or cash if those are your main formats.
    They are also convenient and fun as they are over pretty quickly.
  • edited June 2015
    Ignore all these tight is right posts snuffer! dont be afraid to go all in first hand With a range like AK - 56os, these guys are just trying to keep you losing! Some people will do anything for £10!
  • edited June 2015
    Thanks ger, Hendrik and to a lesser extent RLT ;) for the advice, will be back on Friday to start my 2nd 100 games.
  • edited June 2015
    Not good for me yesterday 1/5. Hope the bad run ceases today 
  • edited June 2015
    I have no issues with being aggressive early if you have a good hand, but it depends on the styles of your opposition and your position at the table. Im not saying to follow the dyms guidelines strictly, Im not a fan of obeying text book rules too rigidly but generally they are a good guide.

Ive never read or intend to read a poker book or poker strategy, I like to work it out myself.

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Mrs Duck get a move on, 9 games played!! haha welcome back
  • edited June 2015
    Frustrating session tonight. Suffered with severe lag to the point where it was unplayable. I was deep and on the bubble in 2 dyms and had blinded out by the time I had rebooted......went on to lose the next few due to bad play, luck and being slightly tilted by my earlier lag issue!

Did win my last game though lol Also won a tenner in the freeroll to make it a break even night, but my dym stats have taken a hit! Still a long way to go.

This has happened to me numerous times before, severe lag but then when I restart laptop the lag has gone and I can play again.........does this happen to anybody else? Anybody know why?? My laptop is fairly new, Intel Core i3, 12GB Memory, 1TB HDD (if that means anything to any techies, because I haven't got a clue). Any help/suggestions?

Anyway........
    W79 L61 (not good)

Gl all
  • edited June 2015
    bit more a struggle tonight and was down early on but won 6 of my last 7 to turn it a profitable session thankfully.

10 out of 16 won
  • edited June 2015
    Another small session had to go buy a Lawnmower lol

Today 5/7  happy

so overall i am

100/157 63.7%

Snuffer

I went through a bad patch a while back and went from 4 tables to 2. It was the best thing i ever did. You can play the best you can then. Keep taking notes even when u get knocked out. Some of my notes are massive on players really helps. 
  • edited June 2015
    Interesting day today, won 1 lost 3......skys randomizer must have broke as two players in two seperate games couldnt lose a hand no matter what junk they had...it got quite comical because one could tell what the turn and river were gonna be after they shoved all in.....very strange day......I've never seen the likes!

Hope sky fix it soon!

Good luck all!

ps rlt who got the 11 streak?

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    after a shambolic start 27/50 54% i am happy to say i have grinded out 33/50 66% from my 2nd set of 50 games which gives me a grand total of 60/100 so far
  • edited June 2015
    Good Morning All still struggling here 4/9 yesterday.
  • edited June 2015
    Can I join in please?
  • edited June 2015
    Can I join in please?
    Posted by Grae
    Hi grae 

no i have enough competition

only joking would be an honour for you to join us. Do you want in on side bet or just for fun.

and when are u starting.

good luck in vegas
  • edited June 2015

Hi stuarty

Will start tomorrow and I will have in on the side bet.

Nothing like picking up some extra easy money.  lol. If only

• edited June 2015

Just me with the lag issues then???

• edited June 2015
    No lag issues here waller.......deleting cookies?

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    No lag issues here waller.......deleting cookies? Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    No lag tonight. I'm not sure what causes it tbh.

Tonight was a tale of two halves. Started well and finished badly!

W85 L68

Struggling!