You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange

Comments

• edited June 2015
    7/10 last 2 days picking up a little i see by RLTs chart ive dropped below 60% now not where i want to be.

I'm playing golf today in a charity golf day. Some friends and i entered a team. The charity is a memorial charity for Robert Eaton. This guy was a Brighton and hove Albion supporter who died in the twin towers. Brighton supporters have been raising money in his name for a few years now.
    We have been attending this event most years since it started its a good day out played at Mid sussex golf course if anyone knows it. 

Good luck at the tables.
  • edited June 2015
                                 Just won my first 2 today so should be above 50% now, hopefully can get that % up higher, will be back on later gl all .
  • edited June 2015
    Thought about ditching this challenge last night but I will plod on. I do want out of the side bet if possible though, terms have changed and a lot more people are involved, people that I don't know or have never spoken to. Not saying those people wouldn't be good on their word, just that if it did come to that I don't need the hassle so feels like a losing wager. Run good all.
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    Thought about ditching this challenge last night but I will plod on. I do want out of the side bet if possible though, terms have changed and a lot more people are involved, people that I don't know or have never spoken to. Not saying those people wouldn't be good on their word, just that if it did come to that I don't need the hassle so feels like a losing wager. Run good all.
    Posted by bbMike

To be honest Mike i feel the same now. At the start it was only me and RLT for a bit of fun. But now theres over 10 i think. Plus when do you stop adding people for the side bet. I dont wanna say no to people its been great fun.  

I think the side bet should be between me and RLT and the rest can play for fun. It just keeps it simple.

What do yous think
  • edited June 2015
    I think everyone needs to know where they stand when the bet is agreed. RLT said to me that you wanted to know if I was in on the side bet, i.e. you were both happy, and would I be. If the list grows longer before everyone starts I think that is fine as long as everyone is comfortable, but that's not what is happening. Feel like I'm reneging on a bet for calling it out, just saying this is no longer what I signed up for! And others who are starting later have a view on how the scores or shaping up.

To be honest I'm happy to continue with the bet we made the three of us (whether that means there will be multiple bet groups in play or not) or leave you to it. I know it's a small sum of cash but that's almost a good reason not to cause a load of hassle when it comes to settling up.

• edited June 2015
    I'm happy to leave the side bet to the 2 of you too. It was never about the money for me anyway, just the fun factor.
  • edited June 2015
    forgot to mention, please don't include me in the £10 side pot
  • edited June 2015
    That makes sense Mike, and best to call it now.

I was never in the side bet anyhow simply because of that reason ....if you win what if people dont bother paying up....fine if its 2 or 3 people you know but if you win the side bet and are owed £80 then thats a bit different. There is no way your gonna get everyone to pay up.

Im curious Stu how do you intend to pay RLT? or should I say how will he pay you lol.

Its not my competition but Im sure if someone did choose to pull out anyhow they should have that option as people are not necessarily gonna want their results on view to all - regardless of winning or losing thats irrelevant. I imagine being in this challenge might make you a target in the dyms and thats not a disadvantage you want. I dont have that issue as Im playing PLO8 and no one else in the challenge plays PLO8 but Im sure it is the case in the holdem dyms now.

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange:
    That makes sense Mike, and best to call it now. I was never in the side bet anyhow simply because of that reason ....if you win what if people dont bother paying up....fine if its 2 or 3 people you know but if you win the side bet and are owed £80 then thats a bit different. There is no way your gonna get everyone to pay up. Im curious Stu how do you intend to pay RLT? or should I say how will he pay you lol. Its not my competition but Im sure if someone did choose to pull out anyhow they should have that option as people are not necessarily gonna want their results on view to all - regardless of winning or losing thats irrelevant. I imagine being in this challenge might make you a target in the dyms and thats not a disadvantage you want. I dont have that issue as Im playing PLO8 and no one else in the challenge plays PLO8 but Im sure it is the case in the holdem dyms now. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Hi ger

think i said at the start by paypal 

Rlt is that ok just u and me then.

want everyone to keep going 
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : Hi ger think i said at the start by paypal  Rlt is that ok just u and me then. want everyone to keep going 
    Posted by stuarty117
    I'm def going to the 1000 barrier mate, win or lose its all good fun!
  • edited June 2015
    yeh im good with whatever u guys decide, like i said in my post last night the most enjoybale partaboutthis has been the banter and extra chat at the tables. i was always going to win anyway so an extra £10 or £80 makes no difference to me :)
  • edited June 2015
    I'm quite happy to not be in the side bet and just leave it between the 2 of you as originally planned, just competing for the fun of it and as a little challenge to myself.  Probably no chance of winning it anyway lol.

Haven't had much chance to play this week, been a busy one, but hopefully will catch up a bit over the weekend.
  • edited June 2015
    Oh and by the way Im not a girl, its irl not girl lol.

irl for Ireland

Good luck tonight all

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Oh and by the way Im not a girl, its irl not girl lol. irl for Ireland Good luck tonight all Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    its was the avatar that made me assume not the name :)
  • edited June 2015
    67/100

Round 2 commences now!

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    Hi guys so so today......3/5.

Need to do better tomorrow but beware tomorrow is.........SATURDAY!!! the maniacs and lunatics will be out in force......can Ger crack the maniacs....stay tuned for results tomorrow at midnight and all will be revealed!

muahaha...lol

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    had an up and down night with a final score of 12/17 which is still a very good score so i dont know why im annoyed at it :/ probably just the bad run at the end makes it feel worse than it was will update the table in the morning :)
  • edited June 2015
    gl folk... just randonly spamming the forum @)
  • edited June 2015
                                 Good day yesterday manage to get 11 games in winning 9 with a win streak of 7
  • edited June 2015
    ok small session tonight but job done 4 out of 4. GL all
  • edited June 2015
    62 out of 98 and had a bad session this afternoon after someone got me mad and I messed up a bet on the royal ascot resulting in me making bad calls :(
  • edited June 2015
    And slightly later than promised the announcement is............... won 7 from 9 today wooohooo!!!!

So overall 113 played and 67.3%

Good luck all

Ger
  • edited June 2015
    another good profitable sessionf ro me tonight although i didnt feel like it at times, finished with a score of 12/18 which is good by all standards but really wasnt happy with some of my play today. got a very busy week ahead so you probably wont see me playing poker much, but il pop on t keep track fo how u gus are doing and update the table. gl all hope you run well
  • edited June 2015

played a few last night, but after winning the first and sitting on a win streak of 9 I imploded and lost every other one I played (thankfully I gave up when it became apparent I was just donating) think it was 1 win 5 losses but I am not sure and I don't want to check ;-)

• edited June 2015
    played a few last night, but after winning the first and sitting on a win streak of 9 I imploded and lost every other one I played (thankfully I gave up when it became apparent I was just donating) think it was 1 win 5 losses but I am not sure and I don't want to check ;-)
    Posted by HENDRIK62

I remember you telling me off for crapness calls... standard :)
  • edited June 2015
    In Response to Re: RLT16 vs stuarty117 (and multiple others) in a DYMathon challange : I remember you telling me off for crapness calls... standard :)
    Posted by samantha25
    Yes I remember well, worst call in the history of hi lol.......you placated me by offering unlimited beer and cake at MK, fair swap I thought. ;-)
  • edited June 2015
    9 out of 11

Well that went to plan, best I've ran for a long long long long time. I've literally been waiting for a session like that for months.
  • edited June 2015
    27/43 last few sessions for me back on the right track. 
  • edited June 2015
    127/200 63.5% after such a bad start to this challenge I am very happy to be on track of hitting my min ain of 60%
  • edited June 2015
    Only got the 4 in today but won 3...such a difference between 3-1 and 2-2! , good day yesterday too.

Im 84/124 so 67.7%.

Good luck tomorrow folks!

Ger