You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Kags challenge

edited March 2016 in Poker Chat

Hi everyone, I am not much of the posting type but I read almost all. Well the good stuff anyhow.

Please excuse my writing and general awkward  way of getting my point across.

Its a work in progress I hope.

Recently We had a welcome addition to the HU hilo lobby, nothing major just some micro stakes added, the stakes now range from £10+£1 all the way down as far as £1.05.

This doesn't seem like a big deal to most people and I suppose its not, but for myself and a few others its means a lot.

Thanks tony and dan for sorting it with minimum fuss.

So seen as I kicked up a fuss to get this addition I am going to set myself a challenge.

Will post separate in my next post, think it might be easier. :)

Comments

• edited August 2015
    Dont leave us hanging!!!!
  • edited August 2015

Challenge: €25 - €1000

Timeframe : 1 Year

I am going to try to achieve this by playing £1.05 and £2.10 games only.

I know that seems like a long drawn out process but I intend to go ahead with it anyhow.

I don't consider myself a great hilo hu player but I am better than the average tikay, sorry I mean joe.

And in my limited experience its more about persistence in the long term, and I have that in my locker.

I am going to try and make this an honest diary so my biggest challenge is TILT, which is why I am keeping it to the levels I mentioned above, also I am hoping by updating this regularly it motivates me to see the bigger picture when things get a little rough, which in hu is about everyday.

Anyhow wont bore ye any longer I hope someone finds this interesting and if not, I do anyhow :)

Kags
  • edited August 2015

I would also like to add if any holdem players come across this diary
     and are wondering about this Omaha hilo, come along for a game either with me at the hu or there is plenty of dym,s running also.

You will get plenty of advice if you need it, cant promise it will be accurate but advise none the less.

Wont be answering too many questions on hilo strategy on this diary as in my opinion there is people way better qualified to give than me.

Will start recording my results good or bad from tomorrow onwards
    And I promise to put all sessions in.

laters

Kags
  • edited August 2015
    welcome back kag will give you a few games over the weekend help you get too that target quicker.
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Kag

Really enjoyed our game was really a good battle

My first ever HU omaha hi low and loved it

• edited August 2015
    In Response to Re: Kags challenge:
    welcome back kag will give you a few games over the weekend help you get too that target quicker.
    Posted by churchy18
              Thanks churchy, no need to come my way though. Just saying :)
  • edited August 2015
    Hi Kag Really enjoyed our game was really a good battle My first ever HU omaha hi low and loved it
    Posted by stuarty117
            That was your first ever hu hilo, my god well played.

Ok folks challenge over blame this bloke took me out first game.
             Seriously though well played. 

Off to bed on tilt ;) 

Kags

• edited August 2015
    Good luck Kags
    Played a few of these myself recently, so may gatecrash the party.
  • edited August 2015
    Hey Kags, GL with it.. will prob pop in and donate as per :)
  • edited August 2015
    GL with this Kags,

I know you know your PL08 but may still pop in to donate.

• edited August 2015

Thanks Vespa, Sammy, and phantom.
    All donations welcome imagine they will be fairly light with ye lot though. Very tired tonight been a long day but might try a few games, don't like playing when I am tired but cant help myself.

• edited August 2015
    Wishing all my luck your way Kagawa!

Look forward to reading.

Ger
  • edited August 2015

GL Kag, looking forward to the updates. Might drop in myself.
  • edited August 2015

Thanks Ger.

If I get half your luck this will be over by Wednesday :)

Kags

• edited August 2015
       GL Kag, looking forward to the updates. Might drop in myself.
    Posted by pomfrittes
    Cheers Pom, and don't bother please :)
  • edited August 2015
    Gl with this mate. Im sure our paths will cross from time to time.
  • edited August 2015

Day 1      Played :  8 x £ 1.05 hu   

won 4
                                   lost  4            br € 24.10

In a strange kind of way even though not the greatest of starts I am happy with that, played no where near my best, mixture of tiredness 
    and high expectations I suppose from starting this challenge.

Had some nice messages of support from some of the hilo dym regs which is nice as sometimes being a hu player you are a bit isolated.
    Even had a vote of confidence from footsie66 who is my mentor in hu he just doesn't know it:).
    Been watching his games for 2 years and have learnt everything I know about this form of the game from him.
    Surprisingly it has been more about the mental side of the game than the normal abc stuff. He is a class act and you never know he might even contribute here if any newbies or anyone in general have any questions about hu hilo.

Laters

Kags

• edited August 2015
    Gl with this mate. Im sure our paths will cross from time to time.
    Posted by Hotwheals
    Thanks very much hotwheals, but unless you drop down a few levels are paths certainly wont cross.
    If I gain anything from this challenge I am hoping to teach myself that having a bad run at my levels doesn't excuse a leap up in stakes to play better players at higher cost. Even though to be honest that were I learnt the most from, but man it costs. Often built up I don't know few hundred quid grinding £2 games to lost it all over a night by jumping stakes.
    Anyhow I am rambling thanks for your well wishes

Kags
  • edited August 2015
    Good morning Kagawa.
    The very best of luck in your challenge.
    All the best.
    Rainman397.
  • edited August 2015
     Best of luck in your challange Kag, hope you make it.
  • edited August 2015

Thanks rainman and 67bhoys.

Day 2     Played 3     w3

Br :  € 28.20

Kags

• edited August 2015
    Day 3

2 x £ 1.05   won 2
                        lost 0                      BR =  € 30.88

Have not got the time to put in any sort of volume at the minute but I am hoping to do a few decent sessions next week. But for the time being I am happy with my progress. Sometimes i think the more i play the less focused i am, so might not be a bad thing at the minute.

Kags

• edited August 2015
    Wishing all my luck your way Kagawa! Look forward to reading. Ger
    Posted by gerardirl
    Ger i am very sorry for the loss of your friend, i am thinking of you at this time.

Rip silve
  • edited August 2015
    Day 4 played 1 x £1.05  w1

day 5 played 1 x £1.05 w1

day 6 played 9 x £1.05 w3 L6
                       1 x £2.10 w1                  Current br  €27

Slow progress but just finding my feet a bit at the minute.
    Cant wait for the weekend to give it a good go. Think my record for sng in a day is around 50 or so, will be aiming for that on sat and sun to hopefully get this thing moving in the right direction.   

Not a great night tonight obviously but I don't pay too much attention to that, you get runs like that played some decent players in that group of 10 games so not too worried. Had a visit from the champ himself played well too beat me as usual.
    GG AJ and please don't come back, ;)

Later folks

Kags

• edited August 2015

The very best of luck with this Jim.

As you say, persistence is key, just keep doing the right things, & that overcomes the variance. Not that I'm in any position to give you advice, of course.

You won't be getting a donation from me, that's for sure. I know a better player when I see one.

Hope the new job is going well.

• edited August 2015
    Day 1       Played :  8 x £ 1.05 hu                                   won 4                                lost  4            br € 24.10 In a strange kind of way even though not the greatest of starts I am happy with that, played no where near my best, mixture of tiredness  and high expectations I suppose from starting this challenge. Had some nice messages of support from some of the hilo dym regs which is nice as sometimes being a hu player you are a bit isolated. Even had a vote of confidence from footsie66 who is my mentor in hu he just doesn't know it:). Been watching his games for 2 years and have learnt everything I know about this form of the game from him. Surprisingly it has been more about the mental side of the game than the normal abc stuff. He is a class act and you never know he might even contribute here if any newbies or anyone in general have any questions about hu hilo. Laters Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_
    +1 to all that about footsie66.

Hard to think of a better player & a nicer bloke. Genuine class act, & plays the game in exactly the right spirit. I've watched him time & time again, & I still can't quite see what he does that sets him apart from the rest of us. Maybe he drinks Carling.
  • edited August 2015
    The very best of luck with this Jim. As you say, persistence is key, just keep doing the right things, & that overcomes the variance. Not that I'm in any position to give you advice, of course. You won't be getting a donation from me, that's for sure. I know a better player when I see one. Hope the new job is going well.  
    Posted by Tikay10
    Better player hu prob ,better player in general, def not.
    You and ger are untouchable at dyms hilo, and of course the queen of hilo herself, the one that eats a lot.

Laters Kags
  • edited August 2015
    Day 7 played 17 x £1.05   w12  L5 

BR = € 34 

Happy enough with the way I am playing. Probably could have played better,  but I am realistic to know even if you are playing your A game every time this is pretty much as good as it gets in a hu session.

Some people are probably reading and thinking this bloke is raving he is never getting to €1000 playing £1 and 2 hilo hu,
    well I assure you folks I will.

I plan hitting the £2.10 stakes when my bankroll is able to take it, not quite sure when that is, as I have not worked it out yet, but I imagine around the €60 mark. And when there you could potentially have a £30 + night. But anyhow wont speak too much about that now will make up my mind first what my target is to move up. I will keep ye posted. Riveting innit.

Just a quick shout out to a long term plopper Churchy18 , fwiw I think you do an amazing job on the league thingy, and in my own opinion a great deal for our game in general, hilo that is your a questionable holdem player :).
    Keep it up wont be joining you because as you know I am a horrendous tournay player.

Laters Kags 
  • edited August 2015
    day 8

Played 16 x £1.05     W9 L7

BR €35.66

Had a run of 5 loses in a row in there which can be pretty demoralising, and in the past would have led me to jump up stakes. This time I just kept my focus and won the next 6 from 8.

kags

• edited August 2015
    day 9

Played 31 x £1.05     w18  L13

Br € 40.47

Played over 60 odd games over the last 3 days and not much to show for it, but I am still heading in the right direction which is good. There was a stage today when I was wondering if I am going to able to keep this up but I read garyqqq story that he posted in another thread earlier and it gave inspiration to keep on track. And you never know someday my diary might do the same for someone else, we will see.

Kags