You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

Kags challenge

Comments

• edited October 2015
    Thanks for the kind words Kag and TK 
    I will give a response tomorrow or over the w/end 
    i finish work Friday, and don't go back till the 3rd of November.

So there will be plenty of time to explain what the champ
    is planning to do with his poker in the near future. 
    GL with your challenge Kag lad.
    GL TK with ermmm..... staying alive (how old are you anyway) 

Regards  Alan (plo8 serious champ)

• edited October 2015
    Hi Kag,

GL when you decide to reload and have another crack - playing in the right frame of mind with a £50 B/R you will be fine I am sure. I have bust and nearly bust a couple of times recently and I'm nursing a small roll. 

I think reloading now for me would be a mistake, trying to get back to good BRM and winning habits and sounds like we are in a similar place.

I also had a 7/8 loss run which dented my confidence - posted a few hands for comments which definitely helped.
  • edited October 2015
    Hey Kag,

The cup game was good fun, I play a few of the £11 DYMs although only really break-even at best, probably cause I sometimes play them more like a standard SNG!

Having read your diary I tried playing a bit of the PLO8 with play money on stars, but had no idea what I was doing! Can't believe they charge for play money once you have used your free allowance, think I would rather lose real money to real people than pay a poker site for play money. May give it a go one day on here.

Hope you get back on track soon.

All the best

Greg.
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Kags challenge:
    Played a good few games tonight, much to no avail to be honest. I have started to see a pattern developing with my play and I imagine its been there all along, just have not seen it as much till tonight. It seems the lower the standard of player I play and I don't mean that in a mean way, but maybe a less experienced hilo player maybe, the worse I play and the better the standard of player the better I play. Example played 6/8 very average players won 2 games, vespa came for a game by far the best player of all and immediately I switched on, and played the best game of the night. Why do I have to wait till I feel challenged before I play anything like my A game. Its really headwrecking considering there is more inexperienced players turning up than Vespas, if you get what I mean. Anyhow carry on regardless, BR not looking good atm. Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_
    Just been catching up and this made me think what a soft night it must have been :@P

Also agree with this bit as well....A well done to a virtual friend AJMILTON who in the last few weeks is doing one thing different, playing hilo like it should be played  and has stopped the messing around and the results are showing.

Great too see him get some results as his enthusiasm for the game has been brilliant remember his thread...
    https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a56b9fd9c-62ed-4ed0-8966-e861e040c8cf&plckCurrentPage=0

just a good feel good read  filled with the joy of playing poker the way it should be
  • edited October 2015
    In Response to Re: Kags challenge : Just been catching up and this made me think what a soft night it must have been :@P Also agree with this bit as well.... A well done to a virtual friend AJMILTON who in the last few weeks is doing one thing different, playing hilo like it should be played  and has stopped the messing around and the results are showing. Great too see him get some results as his enthusiasm for the game has been brilliant remember his thread... https://www.skypoker.com/secure/poker/sky_lobby?action=show_static&page=poker_community_forums&plckForumPage=ForumDiscussion&plckDiscussionId=Cat%3a57795ac2-1793-4377-b4cf-e124b0f555f4Forum%3adf77f82c-151f-4bea-aae1-fb423dcae1faDiscussion%3a56b9fd9c-62ed-4ed0-8966-e861e040c8cf&plckCurrentPage=0 just a good feel good read  filled with the joy of playing poker the way it should be
    Posted by churchy18
    Totally agree with you Bri, someone should revamp it was great fun :))

Regards Alan (head screwed on plo8 champ)
  • edited October 2015
    Deposited £8 tonight had zero in the balance,  nothing strange there then I here the majority say, and rightly so.
    But tonight was my night, and I am gonna enjoy it, as ye all know by now I post here good or bad mostly bad truth be known.

But tonight I played the hilo league for first time in an age, and god did I enjoy it, not because I did ok, but mostly cause I really did enjoy it.

Played 3 of the mtt and at one stage I was sat at the table with Pom, Mmmchips and suzy666, now to me this is as good as it gets, and I will give you the reasons why, firstly all unbelievable hilo players suzy being streets ahead obv, but all great players in there own right, but on top of that the banter at the table was excellent.

I won 1 of them tournays but in truth it was all down to a horrendous call versus ice-tiger very early in the mtt to build a good stack, there is not too many better players than him in these tournays so to get very lucky versus him was a major bonus.

Made another FT and Veronab was on it another excellent player, and great bloke.
    Well done to Pomfrittes who completely wiped out the field in another one of these tonight standard for him but.

Anyhow if it seems like I am having a brag its cause I am.

BR €70 Kags is back

Kags
  • edited October 2015
    Deposited £8 tonight had zero in the balance,  nothing strange there then I here the majority say, and rightly so. But tonight was my night, and I am gonna enjoy it, as ye all know by now I post here good or bad mostly bad truth be known. But tonight I played the hilo league for first time in an age, and god did I enjoy it, not because I did ok, but mostly cause I really did enjoy it. Played 3 of the mtt and at one stage I was sat at the table with Pom, Mmmchips and suzy666, now to me this is as good as it gets, and I will give you the reasons why, firstly all unbelievable hilo players suzy being streets ahead obv, but all great players in there own right, but on top of that the banter at the table was excellent.   I won 1 of them tournays but in truth it was all down to a horrendous call versus ice-tiger very early in the mtt to build a good stack, there is not too many better players than him in these tournays so to get very lucky versus him was a major bonus. Made another FT and Veronab was on it another excellent player, and great bloke. Well done to Pomfrittes who completely wiped out the field in another one of these tonight standard for him but. Anyhow if it seems like I am having a brag its cause I am. BR €70 Kags is back Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_
    VWP Kag lad, 
    Enjoyed sharing a table with you tonight m8.
    Even tho you decimated my chip stack. (don't ever do that again)
    GL with your roll (i'll be coming for it lol)

Regards Alan (plo8 finished 4th in 1 tonight (thin) champ)

• edited October 2015
    Deposited £8 tonight had zero in the balance,  nothing strange there then I here the majority say, and rightly so. But tonight was my night, and I am gonna enjoy it, as ye all know by now I post here good or bad mostly bad truth be known. But tonight I played the hilo league for first time in an age, and god did I enjoy it, not because I did ok, but mostly cause I really did enjoy it. Played 3 of the mtt and at one stage I was sat at the table with Pom, Mmmchips and suzy666, now to me this is as good as it gets, and I will give you the reasons why, firstly all unbelievable hilo players suzy being streets ahead obv, but all great players in there own right, but on top of that the banter at the table was excellent.   I won 1 of them tournays but in truth it was all down to a horrendous call versus ice-tiger very early in the mtt to build a good stack, there is not too many better players than him in these tournays so to get very lucky versus him was a major bonus. Made another FT and Veronab was on it another excellent player, and great bloke. Well done to Pomfrittes who completely wiped out the field in another one of these tonight standard for him but. Anyhow if it seems like I am having a brag its cause I am. BR €70 Kags is back Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_

Very well done Kags.

You mentioned "mmmchips" - now that man is, by some distance, quite the wittiest player you'll ever have the pleasure of sharing a able with, & a real Gentleman, too. When the Smart Alecs start with the chat box trolling, mmmchips is an absolute master.  

Has a most amusing nickname (no, not a dirty one), but I'm not sure I should reveal that. Feel free to ask him though.

• edited October 2015
    VWP. 

See you in the UKOPs PLO8 next Thursday?
  • edited October 2015
    Posted by _kagawa_

very well played mate
  • edited October 2015

GL with your roll (i'll be coming for it lol)
    cheers Alan I think

quite the wittiest player you'll ever have the pleasure of sharing a able with, & a real Gentleman, too.
    As Pom pointed out major bromance going on there.
    Cheers Tikay

See you in the UKOPs PLO8 next Thursday?
    Def Phantom and gl to you in that

very well played mate
    Cheers Brian

Played the £1 hilo mtt tonight out in 5 
    Mins that is not hands.  
    BAU then.

Kags

• edited October 2015
    Just when I see Churchys post there and  it reminds me of a night nearly 2 years ago, cant remember what I had for dinner yesterday but when it comes to cards no problem why is that?.

Anyhow it was 2-3 in the morning both well oiled I would say, and we played 18 games of £2 hu hilo, he won 15 of em.
    Raging I was and that's an understatement, called him a fish and a donk and all the usual bs cause obv he must be if he can beat me 15 times from 18 games, woke up next morning and felt horrible, I respect him a lot and here I was calling him these names, felt terrible really did.

So I searched him in find a player for 3-4 nights couldn't find him I really wanted to say sorry, but he wasn't on.
    A week later he sat at my HU hilo game and I punched in very sorry mate didn't mean the names I called ya, I wasn't expecting a very pleasant response I mean why would ya, no problems kags gl in your games tonight was the reply.
    I have loads of faults and sometimes I am a jerk, but I love the game to bits and I think these guys are great and that includes all the plo08 crew even AJ, but especially Tikay he keeps us all in check, he is the reason most of us fell in love with the game in the first place.

And for anyone who thinks different about these boys and gals from the plo crew you are badly mistaken.

Goodnight

Kags

• edited October 2015
    Thanks bud remember that night quite well as i was rather quite chuffed i did so well against the best or 2nd best on ss at that time for the stakes you where playing pretty sure you finished round about there that year as well.

Think u have had the odd mouthful from me as well but think most of us know it is more of frustration and not bitterness or badness more just a case a mix of how lots of different little things are going and how life is going at that point in time that is not an excuse for people over stepping the mark but a realisation that sometimes we type/say stuff in the heat of the moment.

I for 1 admit i get annoyed but hopefully if i ever overstep the mark with people i apoligise and move on and hope they except it and realise we all have bad nights still no excuse .

Maybe just now your expectations are too high as your looking at the past and there are so many new players/styles that it is like playing on a new site there is probably 250+ different plo8 players and when you think back a couple of years there was probably less than 75 in a month so there is going too be so much more swings.

I used too think i was ok nothing special but ok but too be honest i must be rotten as i can barely win 3 in a row nowadays.

I would wish you luck but don,t think you need it just think u need too get your head right and play your own game and the results will come.

All the best brian.

• edited November 2015
    CONGRATULATIONS TOO THIS WEEKS WINNER _kagawa_ WITH A 1ST AND 4THPLACE FOR A SCORE OF 5 POINTS BEATING IC_DEADPPL WHO HAD A SCORE OF 8 POINTS VERY WELL PLAYED KAG U WILL BE ENTERED INTO ALL 4 NEXT WEEK GOOD LUCK IN THEM..

You must be well chuffed with that performance Kag lad, VWP.
    Indeed Kag is back.

Regards Alan (plo8 i'll do it one Thursday champ) 
  • edited November 2015

Well played sir, excellent performance all round. Use the boosted bankroll well m8y.
  • edited November 2015
    Gutted I got held up at work this evening for the first time since I started.                                                                        
    so happened to be the one night I was registered into the 4 hilo mtts and the hilo ukops was on.

Wasn't registered in the ukops so that wasn't too bad, but was really looking forward to playing it.
    Ah well not the end of the world, really hope they keep the £11 hilo mtt in the next ukops just a shame I will have to wait till then to get a chance to play one again.

Was talking to a hilo reg at the table tonight and he was saying the hilo sats were interesting to say the least, a lot of shall we say speculative hands being played, 9996 I think was one, pushed all in for 3000 chips and obviously won.
    But I think that's good for the game and certainly no different than what goes on in holdem sats for big tournays.
    Its are job to as hilo regulars to spot those situations and navigate through the minefield.

There really should be at least 1 £11 hilo mtt every week on sky, with sats without sats who cares but it should happen.
    Cmon sky it it a go even for a trial period, if it doesn't work well just drop it again, no harm done.

Kags

• edited November 2015
    Railing Onejohnb in final table of ukops 6 currently 5/5

Go on lad tid,
  • edited November 2015
    Fellow Plopper bty :)
  • edited November 2015
    Well he only went and took it down, unreal ft too, some great poker played brilliant to watch.

Well played onejohnb, very happy for ya over £4700 richer, see ya back at the  micro hilo mtts lol.

Kags
  • edited November 2015
    Well he only went and took it down, unreal ft too, some great poker played brilliant to watch. Well played onejohnb, very happy for ya over £4700 richer, see ya back at the  micro hilo mtts lol. Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_
    That's wonderful news, well done him.
  • edited November 2015
    Onejohnb! excellent, great player that guy, delighted for him!

Trevil finished runner up in the £11 plo8 ukops the other day also, another very good player.

Well done on building that bankroll Kags, keep it going.

We have a new plopper now I think we can say its official, Stuarty117. I have known this guy (through sky) a while now and he has moved from a losing player to a winning player quite a while back. Stu is a perfect example of someone listening and learning and improving as a result. He is currently loving the plo8 game and btw also crushing I might add. Great guy and great player, we may have lost robertod but we have gained Stu ;). So Tikay wont be too sad :).

Ger
  • edited November 2015
    Well he only went and took it down, unreal ft too, some great poker played brilliant to watch. Well played onejohnb, very happy for ya over £4700 richer, see ya back at the  micro hilo mtts lol. Kags
    Posted by _kagawa_
    You sir are a gent and thanks for the support. Delighted that someone noticed my best game on sky poker.
  • edited November 2015
    Posted by _kagawa_
    You sir are a gent and thanks for the support. Delighted that someone noticed my best game on sky poker.
  • edited November 2015
    Nice one johnb.
    Onwards and upwards kag. Gl Gl

• edited November 2015
    Another plopper doing amazing in a ukops event, Hotwheals.

Currently 7/18 in the high roller, brilliant stuff, and a few  of the plo crew railing him/her.

Cmon mate take it down
  • edited November 2015
    Make that 5/16 now

Cmon m8
  • edited November 2015
    Really need to hit the sack, but want to see how this goes.

Hotwheals 4th with 12 left

Played so well all night really want them to make the money at least, maybe even final table.

Cmon m8
  • edited November 2015
    That's it out in 8th for £1777.50

Amazing effort all from a freeroll, very well played Hotwheals, very happy for ya.

Right bed zzzzzzzzzzz

Kags
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks for all the support mate, it means alot. :) p.s. my names Carl. :)
  • edited November 2015
    Thanks for all the support mate, it means alot. :) p.s. my names Carl. :)
    Posted by Hotwheals

Very well done hottie