You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD:TOTAL PLEDGES £4,525. FINAL RESULTS ARE IN. OUR CHAMPION. YEP YOU GUESS

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: INTERESTED IN PLAYING A POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? SIGN UP HERE!:
    Sign me up for the last north spot, south are going down
    Posted by FeelGroggy

Nice one Danny, quite a team the North have, I must admit.

Calling all Southerners, two more players from South of The Watford Gap needed!

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Hi Graham

Good stuff.  Given we're now full on the Northern team and in line with th Ryder cup I'd like to propose an honourary captain to lead the Valiant Northern troops into battle.  Would DarkAngel do us the honour?

Matt
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: INTERESTED IN PLAYING A POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? SIGN UP HERE!:
    Hi Graham Good stuff.  Given we're now full on the Northern team and in line with th Ryder cup I'd like to propose an honourary captain to lead the Valiant Northern troops into battle.  Would DarkAngel do us the honour? Matt
    Posted by mattprawn

Excellent suggestion Matt.

With it just being 6 each side, we could make the captain role an official one.

They'd need to pick the pairings and order for the foursomes, fourballs and singles.

The North and South captains then submit their pairings at the same time, or via a neutral.

Are you up for it Donna? Or would you prefer the matches to be randomly generated?

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Love the idea of the captain choosing the pairings. adds a real strategic dynamic to it.
  • edited October 2016
    I would love to do it. Thanks Matty and Graham :)
  • edited October 2016
    Donna, should you choose to accept this key role, all you would need to do is email or message the neutral person, your players A, B, C, D, E and F. The Southern captain would need to do the same.

See below for pairings and who'd play who etc.
    RYDER CUP “FOURSOMES”

MATCH NO NORTH PLAYER SOUTH PLAYER
    ONE PLAYER A PLAYER A
    ONE PLAYER B PLAYER B

TWO PLAYER C PLAYER C
    TWO PLAYER D PLAYER D

THREE PLAYER E PLAYER E
    THREE PLAYER F PLAYER F

• edited October 2016
    If you're stealing the Angel Dust for North Captain - can I ask if Misty could be Misty Magic South Captain lol - evens the luck a bit..... :)
  • edited October 2016
    So we need a captain for the South, as well as two more Southern players.

Any volunteers?
  • edited October 2016
    If you're stealing the Angel Dust for North Captain - can I ask if Misty could be Misty Magic South Captain lol - evens the luck a bit..... :)
    Posted by IrishRose
    Yes Misty for South Captain would be great.

Can you get him to post on here Rose to confirm that he wants to do it and that he understands the format/role.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    I'll play for the Saaf, if you're short. If others volunteer, I'll gladly step aside.

Surprised that the North filled up so quick-didn't know that many could read :)

Phil
  • edited October 2016
    I'll play for the Saaf, if you're short. If others volunteer, I'll gladly step aside. Surprised that the North filled up so quick-didn't know that many could read :) Phil
    Posted by Essexphil

Great to have you in the team Phil.

One more Southerner required. :=)
  • edited October 2016
    I'll play for the Saaf, if you're short. If others volunteer, I'll gladly step aside. Surprised that the North filled up so quick-didn't know that many could read :) Phil
    Posted by Essexphil

Maybe not Phil, but reckon we can all read you! :)

• edited October 2016
    Think there might be a few needle matches here. LOL

You can cut the tension with a knife. :=)

Reminds me of my times in the terraces at West Ham when we faced "Northern" Opposition.

Some of the banter was quite fun as you can imagine. I would post some of the exchanges on here.

But don't want to get banned from the forum.:=)

Any news on Misty yet Rose? Is he clued up on the Ryder Cup format, and has he accepted the captaincy?
  • edited October 2016
    Only thing with Misty is he aint a true southener :P He's a Yorkshire lad from sheffield lol
  • edited October 2016
    Only thing with Misty is he aint a true southener :P He's a Yorkshire lad from sheffield lol
    Posted by Darkangel7

He lives in the South though right? Surely must be converted by now.

We really want him as captain, so like Jackie Charlton, we'll claim him as our own, if he's willing to convert! :=)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: INTERESTED IN PLAYING A POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? SIGN UP HERE! : He lives in the South though right? Surely must be converted by now. We really want him as captain, so like Jackie Charlton, we'll claim him as our own, if he's willing to convert! :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    lol Yes lives down souf, am chatting to him now about it. Makes it more fun.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: INTERESTED IN PLAYING A POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? SIGN UP HERE! : lol Yes lives down souf, am chatting to him now about it. Makes it more fun.
    Posted by Darkangel7

Lol, N1.

I think the captain picks and order will be a key role here regarding who comes out on top!

Do you put the big guns together or go for a balanced approach? Do you put the top players out first to gain momentum, or leave them to last to cope with the pressure! Or will the strength be in the rookies? Tough decisions. No pressure! :=)

Having said that, looking at the teams, every player is pretty decent!
  • edited October 2016
    RYDER CUP TEAMS: ONE MORE SOUTHERNER NEEDED
    ===================================

THE NORTH: (CAPTAIN: DARKANGEL7)    

rspca12
    MAXALLY
    mattprawn
    ajmilton
    thisltedu
    FeelGroggy

THE SOUTH: (CAPTAIN: MISTY, TBC)

StayOrGo
    IrishRose
    Jordz16
    MonkeyGLB
    EssexPhil
    TBD
  • edited October 2016
    Here's the overall scoring spreadsheet that will be used.

Hopefully it makes sense to all, especially the captains who will be required to order their players

A,B,C,D,E and F for "foursomes"

1,2,3,4,5 and 6 for "fourballs"

and

U,V,W,X,Y and Z for singles.

I recommend that the foursomes can be played in any order to ease scheduling. When complete, the fourballs in any order, but coming to the singles, order may be critical, so play those sequentially if possible. The captains will only order the fourballs, when the foursomes are complete, and only order the singles, when the fourballs are complete.

There are 12 points up for grabs, with the winning team needing to reach 6.5 points to win. GL!

Captains can discuss draw tactics with their team, but must not discuss selections with opposing team members or opposing captain. Any questions, queries, let me know.
    RYDER CUP “FOURSOMES” (FIVE GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)

MATCH SCORE

MATCH NO NORTH PLAYER SOUTH PLAYER NORTH SOUTH NTH COMB STH COMB RESULT
    ONE PLAYER A PLAYER A

0 0
    ONE PLAYER B PLAYER B

TWO PLAYER C PLAYER C

0 0
    TWO PLAYER D PLAYER D

THREE PLAYER E PLAYER E

0 0
    THREE PLAYER F PLAYER F

RYDER CUP “FOURBALLS” (THREE GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)

MATCH SCORE

FOUR PLAYER 1 PLAYER 1

0 0
    FOUR PLAYER 2 PLAYER 2

FOUR PLAYER 1 PLAYER 2

FOUR PLAYER 2 PLAYER 1

FIVE PLAYER 3 PLAYER 3

0 0
    FIVE PLAYER 4 PLAYER 4

FIVE PLAYER 3 PLAYER 4

FIVE PLAYER 4 PLAYER 3

SIX PLAYER 5 PLAYER 5

0 0
    SIX PLAYER 6 PLAYER 6

SIX PLAYER 5 PLAYER 6

SIX PLAYER 6 PLAYER 5

RYDER CUP “SINGLES” (SIX GAMES PLAYED IN EACH MATCH)

MATCH SCORE

SEVEN PLAYER U PLAYER U

0 0

EIGHT PLAYER V PLAYER V

0 0

NINE PLAYER W PLAYER W

0 0

TEN PLAYER X PLAYER X

0 0

ELEVEN PLAYER Y PLAYER Y

0 0

TWELVE PLAYER Z PLAYER Z

0 0

OVERALL SCORE

NORTH 0 SOUTH 0

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    P.S. We still need one more player for the South and for Misty to confirm his captaincy of the South.

It looks like the North team is all set. :=)
  • edited October 2016
    I think I've got my team sorted but will take a bit more time to think lol 
  • edited October 2016

Wow....you have put a lot of work into this Graham. Like me, it looks good.

Just a small Q though.

Is it worth all them graphics when the North are gonna win 12 zero anyway?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED!:
    I think I've got my team sorted but will take a bit more time to think lol 
    Posted by Darkangel7

Nice one Donna.

How did the discussions with Misty go?

Are you happy to captain the South Misty?

Could you post on here, if happy to do so, and if you have any questions re format, captains role etc. :=)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED!:
    Wow....you have put a lot of work into this Graham. Like me, it looks good. Just a small Q though. Is it worth all them graphics when the North are gonna win 12 zero anyway?
    Posted by MAXALLY

LOL, the North might manage to win 3 points, and that's only if we can't find a sixth player :=)
  • edited October 2016
    Will look for him later G. Just out celebrating kids b.days hope to be back to rail rose. 
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Nice one Donna. How did the discussions with Misty go? Are you happy to captain the South Misty? Could you post on here, if happy to do so, and if you have any questions re format, captains role etc. :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham.....sorry I haven't replied before now, but I only found out about it yesterday. Obviously I would love to join in and be a Captain (South......hmmmmmmm, though I now live along way South, I am a born n bred Northerner you know.... but I would be happy to Captain the South), I do have a few questions and possible issues though. I'm currently working at a golf course during the week, and don't get home 'til 8pm, and I'm not around on a Saturday at all. I don't know how hands on you would want a Captain to be, coz I'd hate to let anyone down. What does the Captain's role entail other than picking the pairings?
    (p.s. I'm also not on Facebook !!!)
    Sorry to sound a bit negative coz I think it's a wonderful idea.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Hi Graham.....sorry I haven't replied before now, but I only found out about it yesterday. Obviously I would love to join in and be a Captain (South......hmmmmmmm, though I now live along way South, I am a born n bred Northerner you know.... but I would be happy to Captain the South), I do have a few questions and possible issues though. I'm currently working at a golf course during the week, and don't get home 'til 8pm, and I'm not around on a Saturday at all. I don't know how hands on you would want a Captain to be, coz I'd hate to let anyone down. What does the Captain's role entail other than picking the pairings? (p.s. I'm also not on Facebook !!!) Sorry to sound a bit negative coz I think it's a wonderful idea.
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Hi Misty, thanks for the post. It would be great to have you as Captain of the South.

There isn't really much more to do, other than pick the pairings, and support when you can. it's just my OCD about how it will work, probably makes it sound harder than it is lol.

The important thing is that it is a "blind" draw. (Neither side should know their opponents pairings) until both teams pairigs are finalised.

It's just a bit of fun really, so no problem if you are unavailable some days.

All we would need to do is confirm a deadline for the pairings to be picked, that both you and DarkAngel agree to.

If you want to discuss pairings with your team, then I would suggest you PM them as a group via the forum. Just something like, "Was thinking of these parings, what do you think?" I'm sure we will all be happy with your picks anyway, so if you want to just pick them yourself, that would be fine too.

That's pretty much it, would be great if you decide to do it. You and DarkAngel are two of the most supportive and encouraging people on SkyPoker, so would be wonderful to have you both as Captains!

Let me know if you are happy to do it!

Cheers,

G

P.S. We still need one more player for the South.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Nice one Donna. How did the discussions with Misty go? Are you happy to captain the South Misty? Could you post on here, if happy to do so, and if you have any questions re format, captains role etc. :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham.....sorry I haven't replied before now, but I only found out about it yesterday. Obviously I would love to join in and be a Captain (South......hmmmmmmm, though I now live along way South, I am a born n bred Northerner you know.... but I would be happy to Captain the South), I do have a few questions and possible issues though. I'm currently working at a golf course during the week, and don't get home 'til 8pm, and I'm not around on a Saturday at all. I don't know how hands on you would want a Captain to be, coz I'd hate to let anyone down. What does the Captain's role entail other than picking the pairings?
    (p.s. I'm also not on Facebook !!!)
    Sorry to sound a bit negative coz I think it's a wonderful idea.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Hi Misty, thanks for the post. It would be great to have you as Captain of the South. There isn't really much more to do, other than pick the pairings, and support when you can. it's just my OCD about how it will work, probably makes it sound harder than it is lol. The important thing is that it is a "blind" draw. (Neither side should know their opponents pairings) until both teams pairigs are finalised. It's just a bit of fun really, so no problem if you are unavailable some days. All we would need to do is confirm a deadline for the pairings to be picked, that both you and DarkAngel agree to. If you want to discuss pairings with your team, then I would suggest you PM them as a group via the forum. Just something like, "Was thinking of these parings, what do you think?" I'm sure we will all be happy with your picks anyway, so if you want to just pick them yourself, that would be fine too. That's pretty much it, would be great if you decide to do it. You and DarkAngel are two of the most supportive and encouraging people on SkyPoker, so would be wonderful to have you both as Captains! Let me know if you are happy to do it! Cheers, G P.S. We still need one more player for the South.
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Well if anyone can take on the 'Angel of the North'......  it has to be me with ALL of my 'Misty Magic' !!!
    Yes I'd love to do it Graham. I'll have a word with my mate Will (HANSON) who i'm sure WILL join our team in the final spot.
    Never ever thought I'd say it but.......
    ''Cam on the Saaaaaarff''
  • edited October 2016
                          ^^^^^^^^^^^^^  Lol, that's the widest duplicate I've ever seen.  Just a thought, knowing your habits misty you are likely to come up against your south team players while trying for, and playing in ukops.   Awkward............
    Posted by chilling
    Hi Chill..... I can't understand why it came up again either......not even 2nd thoughts!!!!
    I have tried to delete it too. Must be something to do with my -s-s-s-s-tammmmmmer

Do you fancy joining the Southern Softies if Will can't make it?.... All for good causes at the end of the day.