You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD:TOTAL PLEDGES £4,525. FINAL RESULTS ARE IN. OUR CHAMPION. YEP YOU GUESS

Comments

• edited October 2016
    Hi, with everything going on, I have been a bit remiss regarding the TLB2016 league standings.

In the TLB "Most Profit from MTT's" comp.

MattBates has a decent lead over FeelGroggy, however GSmith13 has made giant strides into 3rd place.

With UKOPS and Xmas UKOPS to come, could it be a repeat of last year where Gareth went on to win by a wide margin, largely thanks to winning both High Rollers!

GL to all, everything to play for in the minor honours too.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Hi, note for Aussie.

Sponsor donations has gone up to £1,410, making the total pledged as I write this £3,700. Many thanks all.

Also with UKOPS, can the £22 UKOPS BH's that start at 9pm, please carry 2 points, I would also like the £55 Turbo UKOPS BH that start at 10pm to carry two points and the Quickdraw, stay as it is, with one point.

We could also make the 7pm UKOPS event worth two points.

What do you think? Is this implementable for you, and is it easy enough to revert back when UKOPS finishes?

Many thanks once again for your help.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: NOTE FOR AUSSIE + GARETH SMITH AGAIN MAKES GIANT STRIDES WITH UKOPS LURKING:
    Hi, note for Aussie. Sponsor donations has gone up to £1,410 , making the total pledged as I write this £3,700 . Many thanks all. Also with UKOPS, can the £22 UKOPS BH's that start at 9pm, please carry 2 points , I would also like the £55 Turbo UKOPS BH that start at 10pm to carry two points and the Quickdraw, stay as it is, with one point . We could also make the 7pm UKOPS event worth two points . What do you think? Is this implementable for you, and is it easy enough to revert back when UKOPS finishes? Many thanks once again for your help. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

hi graham,

yes, noted.  it will be a manual change.  it will snapshot the figures today just in case.  we can reconcile things after UKOPS if need be.

rob.

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: NOTE FOR AUSSIE + GARETH SMITH AGAIN MAKES GIANT STRIDES WITH UKOPS LURKING:
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: NOTE FOR AUSSIE + GARETH SMITH AGAIN MAKES GIANT STRIDES WITH UKOPS LURKING : hi graham, yes, noted.  it will be a manual change.  it will snapshot the figures today just in case.  we can reconcile things after UKOPS if need be. rob.
    Posted by aussie09

Thanks Aussie.

Should we make the 7pm UKOPS worth 2pts too? Up to you, your call.

Also the two High Rollers will count as main events and carry 10pts, as they did last year.

Let me know what you think about the 7pm.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: NOTE FOR AUSSIE + GARETH SMITH AGAIN MAKES GIANT STRIDES WITH UKOPS LURKING : Thanks Aussie. Should we make the 7pm UKOPS worth 2pts too? Up to you, your call. Also the two High Rollers will count as main events and carry 10pts, as they did last year. Let me know what you think about the 7pm. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

7pm?  if you would like included, i will.

ps  only one highroller i think

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: NOTE FOR AUSSIE + GARETH SMITH AGAIN MAKES GIANT STRIDES WITH UKOPS LURKING : 7pm?  if you would like included, i will. ps  only one highroller i think
    Posted by aussie09

Hi Aussie, ok, yes, lets include the 7pm as a two pointer

Regarding the High Roller, I know there is a £530 one and also a £220 one, but the £220 one, might be a main event anyway.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Aussie, following on from my previous post a few days back.

I managed to get lucky and win the 7PM UKOPS yesterday. I don't think the 2pts have been added to the league total. Also I believe MattBates also won the 7PM on Day2 of UKOPS.

Thanks again for your help.

Cheers,

Graham
  • edited November 2016
    Hi Aussie, following on from my previous post a few days back. I managed to get lucky and win the 7PM UKOPS yesterday. I don't think the 2pts have been added to the league total. Also I believe MattBates also won the 7PM on Day2 of UKOPS. Thanks again for your help. Cheers, Graham

Posted by StayOrGo

well played graham. I saw your win. Noted too.

I will update all 7pm wins after UKOPS. Manual tweaks all at once.

good luck too.

• edited November 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: NOTE FOR AUSSIE + GARETH SMITH AGAIN MAKES GIANT STRIDES WITH UKOPS LURKING : well played graham. I saw your win. Noted too. I will update all 7pm wins after UKOPS. Manual tweaks all at once. good luck too.
    Posted by aussie09

That's great, thanks Aussie.

So for clarification, all 7pm, 9pm and 10pm UKOPS wins will carry 2 points and count as if they were a normal 9pm BH win.

Thanks again,

G

• edited November 2016
    Hi all.

The opening post has been updated with the latest Leader Board spreadsheets.

10 competitors are in the Sharkscope TLB top 30, however the remarkable thing, is that all 10 of them are in the top 15!

VWP guys. It will be interesting to see how they all jostle for position in an attempt to win some money for their chosen charities.

Best of luck to you all, as we now approx. the final few weeks.

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016
    Hi all.

A few people have asked me how/when they should make the payments for their pledges.

I will start collecting payments on Jan 3rd 2017.

I will post details on this thread on January 2nd, with all the details of how to pay.

Thanks again, to all who have supported.

Cheers,

G
  • edited November 2016

With just over six weeks until the year end, the title race is hotting up in both the TLB and Tournament Wins comps.

We are currently at the £3.8K mark in pledges. The spreadsheets have been updated on the opening post.

GL all!

• edited December 2016
    Following on from the "Ice Tiger" Ryder Cup charity changes.

I have spoken with Danny Grogan (FeelGroggy), and we have decided to change his TLB2016 charities to be as follows:

Money won by Danny from the Tournament Wins comp will go to:

The Hilbrae Rescue Centre: Where Ice_Tiger got his pet dog, Splashy from.

Money won by Danny from the Main TLB2016 comp will go to:

Severn Hospice, who not only helped Ice_Tiger so much, but have also been a great support to Ice_Tiger's family during this difficult time.

Danny is currently 2nd in the TLB comp, and 4th in the "Tournament Wins" comp, with the top 4 in each comp earning money for their charities, it could be a nice amount of money going to Severn Hospice and/or The Hilbrae Rescue Centre. GL Danny! 

My charity has always been, MacMillan Cancer Support, and will remain so for 2016, although any funds due to my chosen charity will specifically go on Max Ball's MacMillan Just Giving web page below:

In 2017 my chosen charity for the TLB and Tournament Wins comps will be: https://www.thameshospice.org.uk/

On that note, could existing TLB2016 competitors please post here if you would like to be involved again in 2017. If you would like to represent a different charity in 2017, please post that too.

Also we would be very happy to have some new blood volunteer for 2017, so please post here if you would like to do so.

With just one month to go, the opening post spreadsheets have been updated with the latest standings and charity changes.

Cheers,

G

• edited December 2016
    With just 20 days to go until the end of the year, it's all to play for.

Is anyone going to be able to stop MattBates from lifting both trophies?

Meanwhile in both competitions it's nip and tuck for the minor honours. With FeelGroggy, DevilTear, Wacko90, GSmith13, Limp2Lose, DustoLucko and SoLack all in contention.

Remember the charities of the first four (in both comps) all get paid in a 40/30/20/10 split.

So what happens in the next couple of weeks could really affect how much each specific charity gets.

So far we have £3,920 in pledges. It's going to be close to last year where we raised £4,188, so it will probably depend upon how much we collect. Last year we collected over 90% of the pledges, so we'll see how it goes this year.

I will try and keep the opening post up to date so we can all see the state of affairs as we approach the conclusion of the leagues.

Thanks again to all who have supported this!

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    Hi Graham 

Although my tournement play has been low this year, I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the TLB and to those who consider making a pladge next year, why not just join in !!! The community here on Sky is exceptional and unknown in modern online sites so to be a part of things like this help keep that community going strong.

COUNT ME IN FOR 2017 - My charity for next year will be the RNLI.

Hopefully next year, I will find more time to play, my position in the TLB can only get better !!

Good luck to all those in the running this year

Gary - MonkeyGLB and HU Champ/Chimp

p.s. Graham, let me know if you are attending any festivals in the New Year and maybe the winners/runners up's can meet up to get some sort of official trophy presentation??
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: £3,920 PLEDGED: UPDATED LEADER BOARD SPREADSHEETS ON OPENING POST:
    Hi Graham  Although my tournement play has been low this year, I have thoroughly enjoyed being part of the TLB and to those who consider making a pladge next year, why not just join in !!! The community here on Sky is exceptional and unknown in modern online sites so to be a part of things like this help keep that community going strong. COUNT ME IN FOR 2017 - My charity for next year will be the RNLI. Hopefully next year, I will find more time to play, my position in the TLB can only get better !! Good luck to all those in the running this year Gary - MonkeyGLB and HU Champ/Chimp p.s. Graham, let me know if you are attending any festivals in the New Year and maybe the winners/runners up's can meet up to get some sort of official trophy presentation??
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Thanks for the kind words Gary, so pleased that you are joining us again next year!

Congratulations once again on winning the Heads Up comp, and thank you for the very generous extra donations.

Last year, I attempted to meet up with the various trophy winners, at the UKPC at Dusk Till Dawn in February, but I assume there won't be one this year.

However, yes, lets try and meet up at a festival in February next year. (I'll need January to get the remaining "Tournament Wins" trophy back and get all the engraving done)

Just to clarify, there are no trophies for the runners up, sorry guys. Although the runner up in the Heads Up comp is also engraved on the winners trophy. So this year the engraving will be:

"2016: GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB BEAT AJMILTON 5-3)"

All the money raised goes to the charities. I buy the trophies and get the engraving done out of my own pocket.

I am happy to do that, however with the various comps we now have, it would get a bit too pricey for me if I were to do trophies for all the runners up too.

All the best,

G

• edited December 2016
    Well, very happy about tonights performance and run good.  I managed to take down both the main event (first one for me this year) and the £220 High Roller.

Doesn't happen often for me, so I would like to increase the £10 due to £100 please Graham.  Nice to chuck a bit more in the pot and hopefully get us closer to beating last year's target.

Cheers

Mattprawn
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: £3,920 PLEDGED: UPDATED LEADER BOARD SPREADSHEETS ON OPENING POST:
    Well, very happy about tonights performance and run good.  I managed to take down both the main event (first one for me this year) and the £220 High Roller. Doesn't happen often for me, so I would like to increase the £10 due to £100 please Graham.  Nice to chuck a bit more in the pot and hopefully get us closer to beating last year's target. Cheers Mattprawn
    Posted by mattprawn

Many congratulations, VWP, and thanks again for your generosity.

Outstanding performance to win both of these on the same night!

So that the formulas etc all work, I have added the extra £90 to the Sponsor spreadsheet. I will post all the updated spreadsheets in the next day or two.

This takes the total pledged to £4,020, which is awesome!

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    The opening post spreadsheets have been updated to reflect mattprawn's generous additional pledge and also the latest TLB standings.

GL all!

Cheers,

G

P.S. Note for Aussie. With the additional £90 pledge from Matt, the FOSP donations now totals £1,500, and the overall pledged amount is currently £4,020. Thanks to all involved.
  • edited December 2016
    Many thanks to IrishRose and asmithx for their additional £20 donation.

Anna won £10 off Rose in a "last longer", and Rose added an additional £10 to round her pledge up to £150.

Thank you both for your generosity.

FOSP donation now total £1,520 and total pledges currently stand at £4,060!

Cheers,

G
  • ommomm
    edited December 2016
    Hi Graham, been following everyone's progress, great result again this year. Add £20 into the winners charity please. I know it's not over yet but some fantastic performances. Of course Matt Bates has been a force to reckon with but particularly well done to Feel Groggy and LimptoLose who have seemed to have come out of nowhere, must have a good Jedi teaching them
    ;-), I'm hoping to possibly get involved next year as I look to take Poker more serious. Health and job permitting obviously. Well done again.
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: WE HAVE NOW PASSED THE 4K MARK THANKS TO MATTPRAWN'S GENEROUS DONATION FOLLOWING ON FROM HIS INSPIRATIONAL DOUBLE:
    Hi Graham, been following everyone's progress, great result again this year. Add £20 into the winners charity please. I know it's not over yet but some fantastic performances. Of course Matt Bates has been a force to reckon with but particularly well done to Feel Groggy and LimptoLose who have seemed to have come out of nowhere, must have a good Jedi teaching them ;-), I'm hoping to possibly get involved next year as I look to take Poker more serious. Health and job permitting obviously. Well done again.
    Posted by omm
    That's great, thanks Omm.

It would be great to have you on board as a competitor next year!

The opening post has been updated to reflect Omm's latest pledge and the standings as of 21/12/2017.

Thanks and GL all!

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    Regarding Xmas UKOPS the points for the "Tournament Wins" comp will be as normal, with the following exceptions.

The 9PM UKOPS event will always carry 2pts regardless of buy in and format.

The 10PM UKOPS Turbo BH will carry two points.

The UKOPS main (8.00pm) and mini (8.30pm) will carry 10 and 7 points respectively, as usual.

Other UKOPS tournaments do not carry any points. The Quickdraw and Sheriff if in the schedule, will be as normal.

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    £20 macmillan please :)
  • edited December 2016
  • edited December 2016
    I have now added the pledges from the confirmed Ryder Cup players.

I am happy to report that the total pledges, as things stand, are £4,420.

Last year we raised £4,188, so depending on how the sponsor money collection goes, we may pass that figure.

It will be close as there is inevitably a little bit of fallout between the total amount pledged and the total amount we are able to collect.

The opening post has been updated to reflect these changes, along with the latest leader board standings.

Thanks again to all who have supported.

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: WE HAVE NOW REACHED THE £4,100 MARK. LATEST STANDINGS ON OPENING POST:
    Regarding Xmas UKOPS the points for the "Tournament Wins" comp will be as normal, with the following exceptions. The 9PM UKOPS event will always carry 2pts regardless of buy in and format. The 10PM UKOPS Turbo BH will carry two points. The UKOPS main (8.00pm) and mini (8.30pm) will carry 10 and 7 points respectively, as usual. Other UKOPS tournaments do not carry any points. The Quickdraw and Sheriff if in the schedule, will be as normal. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

Following on from this, it has also been agreed that the £220 UKOPS H/R and the £530 UKOPS H/R will each carry 10 points.

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    With just four days to go, the opening post has been updated with the latest standings.

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    Hi all, with just two days to go, it is nip and tuck for some of the minor placings.

With the pay outs to the charities being 40%, 30%, 20% and 10% in both the TLB comp and the Tournament Wins comp, it is all to play for.

The opening post has been updated.

GL guys!

Cheers,

G
  • edited December 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: WE HAVE NOW REACHED THE £4,100 MARK. LATEST STANDINGS ON OPENING POST:
    Regarding Xmas UKOPS the points for the "Tournament Wins" comp will be as normal, with the following exceptions. The 9PM UKOPS event will always carry 2pts regardless of buy in and format. The 10PM UKOPS Turbo BH will carry two points. The UKOPS main (8.00pm) and mini (8.30pm) will carry 10 and 7 points respectively, as usual. Other UKOPS tournaments do not carry any points. The Quickdraw and Sheriff if in the schedule, will be as normal. Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo

Opps, based on the above criteria which I set out before XMAS UKOPS started. Devil_Tear gets what may be a crucial two points for winning the £20 UKOPS Rebuy at 9pm yesterday. (for ease's sake it will go down as a 9PM £55 BH win)

Well done Tim, can Danny respond?

I will update the opening post now.

Aussie, please could you amend your website accordingly.

Thanks again Aussie for all your assistence throughout the year.

Happy New Year!

G