You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD:TOTAL PLEDGES £4,525. FINAL RESULTS ARE IN. OUR CHAMPION. YEP YOU GUESS

Comments

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED!:
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Hi Chill..... I can't understand why it came up again either......not even 2nd thoughts!!!! I have tried to delete it too. Must be something to do with my -s-s-s-s-tammmmmmer Do you fancy joining the Southern Softies if Will can't make it?.... All for good causes at the end of the day.
    Posted by MISTY4ME

That's great that you are leading us into battle Misty.

Just for clarification, I'm running this as a trial this year, so there is no cost to be in the team.

Most the guys playing it, have already supported the charities massively, so no need for anyone in this to contribute further.

Would be great to have either Will or Chill in the team.

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    Ooooh misty feighting talk bring it on ya traitor lmao luvs ya xx 
  • edited October 2016
    Am away from tonight as daughters b.day today she made it just to become  a teenager.  Will be back on Sunday late on my sons birthday he will be 8 so can't pm over weekend as be on my phone.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED!:
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Hi Chill..... I can't understand why it came up again either......not even 2nd thoughts!!!! I have tried to delete it too. Must be something to do with my -s-s-s-s-tammmmmmer Do you fancy joining the Southern Softies if Will can't make it?.... All for good causes at the end of the day.
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Bit worried about our own Captain calling us "Southern Softies" lol.

Remember, you're one of us now Mist! :=)

Need to practice singing "Roll out the Barrell" and "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner" and leave all that "Ilkley Moor Bar-tat" nonsense behind. (Just kidding btw, I know you'll be a great captain for the SOUTH!)

Don't worry, you're not the only one with split loyalties. DarkAngel probably for the first time ever, may have to root against Rose, never thought I'd see the day. :=)
  • edited October 2016
                                             Bump 

come on you southern softies.
    What are you afraid of?

Regards Alan (sigh plo8 ukops champ)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: POKER "RYDER CUP" NORTH V SOUTH COMP? ONE MORE SOUTHERNER REQUIRED! : Bit worried about our own Captain calling us "Southern Softies" lol. Remember, you're one of us now Mist! :=) Need to practice singing "Roll out the Barrell" and "Maybe it's because I'm a Londoner" and leave all that "Ilkley Moor Bar-tat" nonsense behind. (Just kidding btw, I know you'll be a great captain for the SOUTH!) Don't worry, you're not the only one with split loyalties. DarkAngel probably for the first time ever, may have to root against Rose, never thought I'd see the day. :=)
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Its gonna kill me. Not being able to root for rose. But as a good captain does is be a good sports person and wish the opposition good luck too. Know rose won't take it personally. Lol
  • edited October 2016
    Hiya, 

I'd like to play. I'm from the South!

Thanks
  • edited October 2016
    nice one mania, just seen your post on fosp
    I was going to pencil you in, 
    but you beat me to it... 
    Welcome to the forum and gl 

• edited October 2016
    cheers.

I see Misty wanted to ask Will (Hanson), he's a friend of mine and he can take my spot if he wants it. i'll ask.
  • edited October 2016
    cheers. I see Misty wanted to ask Will (Hanson), he's a friend of mine and he can take my spot if he wants it. i'll ask.
    Posted by mania1129

Would be very happy for you to represent the South mania.

If you know Hanson and Misty, just have a word with them to see what's what.

Cheers,

Graham

• edited October 2016
    cheers. I see Misty wanted to ask Will (Hanson), he's a friend of mine and he can take my spot if he wants it. i'll ask.
    Posted by mania1129
    Hi Mania
    I spoke to Will yesterday, and he would have played but he's going away for 2 weeks, so it would delay all the matches. So it would be great to have you on board representing The South. Always good to have at least 1 of the 'Bexhill Mafia'
  • edited October 2016
    Are we on the first tee then? Or still at the bar.
    Posted by chilling

Hi Chill and all.

It looks like we are all set.

Our teams are:

THE NORTH: (CAPTAIN: DARKANGEL7)    

rspca12
    MAXALLY
    mattprawn
    ajmilton
    thisltedu
    FeelGroggy

THE SOUTH: (CAPTAIN: MISTY4ME)

StayOrGo
    IrishRose
    Jordz16
    MonkeyGLB
    EssexPhil
    mania1129

I will create a new thread specifically for this comp shortly.

Thanks to all who have volunteered. Especially our captains.

On that note.

Misty/Angel.

Would it be possible to have your foursomes selections finalised by Tues evening?

You will need to label players A,B,C,D,E and F.

The players who's scores are combined will be AB, CD and EF respectively. As per spreadsheet.

Please don't post them to the thread on Tues, but just have them ready and set in stone by then. It's important to keep it a "blind" draw, so please ensure that non of the opposition are aware of you selections, although if you wish you can discuss selections with your own team members.

Is that OK or do you either of you need more time?

Cheers and GL all. Yes, even the North! :=)

G

• edited October 2016
    Hi G yes that's fine. Looking forward to this one. Misty I knew Will was going away on hols. Thanks Aaron for stepping up. Long time no see hope your well.
  • edited October 2016
    Yes G.....shudn't be a problem.
  • edited October 2016
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Great I will start a new thread for this, where scores, pairings etc can be posted.

Misty, I remember you saying you work until 8pm most days.

So how about we finalise the pairings anytime before 9.30pm on Tuesday?

Is that OK for you and Angel?

When your pairings are finalised, please post on the new thread when your pairings are ready.

When you are both ready we will synch up a time to actually post them, hopefully concurrently.

But as long as you each stick with the pairings, if one posts slightly before the other, it won't matter. But in an ideal world, concurrent posting would be perfect.

ONE OTHER IDEA

Perhaps Chilling wants to act as middle man/referee. In which case you can each send him your pairings when they are ready (at approx same time, but doesn't need to be exact) and when he has received them both, he can post them on the thread.

Fancy the job, Chilling? Strictist confidence and neutrality required of course :=)

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    Got my pairs sorted out. :)
  • edited October 2016

ALREADY DONNA! N1!
  • edited October 2016
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Hi Misty.

Great stuff, it looks like Angel is ahead of the game.

So if you do end up in a position to finalise pairings earlier, let me know.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    OUR HEADS UP CHAMP, MONKEYGLB HAS SOME VIP TICKETS FOR TWO, FOR MAN UTD 'V' FEYENOORD ON 24/11/2016.

He can't go himself, and has kindly given them to the TLB2016 charity initiative. Any money raised from them will go in the TLB2016 SkyPoker Leader Board charity prize pool.

They have a face value of £357.60, and we will auction them for the charity on here.

I suggest we start bidding at £200.00, however if anyone is prepared to pay £300.00, you can have them here and now.

Please post here if interested, or if you need any further details from Gary.

Cheers,

G.

P.S. Many thanks MONKEY (Trust me, he ain't no chimp, he's a CHAMP!)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: VIP TICKETS FOR TWO AVAILABLE FOR MAN UTD 'V' FEYENOORD ON 24/11/2016 COURTESY OF HEADS UP CHAMP, MONKEYGLB. MANY THANKS GARY!:
    OUR HEADS UP CHAMP, MONKEYGLB HAS SOME VIP TICKETS FOR TWO, FOR MAN UTD 'V' FEYENOORD ON 24/11/2016. He can't go himself, and has kindly given them to the TLB2016 charity initiative. Any money raised from them will go in the TLB2016 SkyPoker Leader Board charity prize pool. They have a face value of £357.60 , and we will auction them for the charity on here. I suggest we start bidding at £200.00 , however if anyone is prepared to pay £300.00 , you can have them here and now. Please post here if interested, or if you need any further details from Gary. Cheers, G. P.S. Many thanks MONKEY (Trust me, he ain't no chimp, he's a CHAMP!)
    Posted by StayOrGo

OK, not much bidding going on.

So that we get something for it, I'm going to HALF the opening bid. That's right. Just £100.

Closing date for bids midnight on Sunday 16th Oct (this weekend)

That really is a steal!

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    I'm surprised Hhfty hasnt bid yet....
  • edited October 2016

As tempting as it is to watch Feyenoord, I'm washing my hair that night.
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: VIP TICKETS FOR TWO AVAILABLE FOR MAN UTD 'V' FEYENOORD ON 24/11/2016 COURTESY OF HEADS UP CHAMP, MONKEYGLB. MANY THANKS GARY!:
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: VIP TICKETS FOR TWO AVAILABLE FOR MAN UTD 'V' FEYENOORD ON 24/11/2016 COURTESY OF HEADS UP CHAMP, MONKEYGLB. MANY THANKS GARY! : OK, not much bidding going on. So that we get something for it, I'm going to HALF the opening bid. That's right. Just £100. Closing date for bids midnight on Sunday 16th Oct (this weekend) That really is a steal! Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    im not much of a footie fan but what do you get with the tickets ..i:e is it some kind of a private box or are they in a stand some where near the pitch ...i went with a friend who had vip tickets to (dont laugh) west ham a few yrs ago it was more like a party.. food..beer included met geof hurst who is a lengend at west ham dont exspect to meet him again at man utd just saying ..could monkey give some details as im sure details of what the tickets get you could drive up the price and i would defo give a bid or 2 if theres a free bar involved and take MISTY4ME with me ...
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: VIP TICKETS FOR TWO AVAILABLE FOR MAN UTD 'V' FEYENOORD ON 24/11/2016 COURTESY OF HEADS UP CHAMP, MONKEYGLB. MANY THANKS GARY! : im not much of a footie fan but what do you get with the tickets ..i:e is it some kind of a private box or are they in a stand some where near the pitch ...i went with a friend who had vip tickets to (dont laugh) west ham a few yrs ago it was more like a party.. food..beer included met geof hurst who is a lengend at west ham dont exspect to meet him again at man utd just saying ..could monkey give some details as im sure details of what the tickets get you could drive up the price and i would defo give a bid or 2 if theres a free bar involved and take MISTY4ME with me ...
    Posted by HANSON

MONKETGLB, could you answer  HANSON question please, when you get a chance.
  • edited October 2016
    *brag bump*

Won the mini-iceman (sorry Matt)
  • edited October 2016

N1 Adam.

I will be updating the leader board spreadsheets on 1st Nov, so I will make sure that is recorded.

Well played.

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    £10 more from me Graham,  Managed to win the 10.30pm speed.   4th in the 9pm BH too, so a narrow miss on a nice double, but not a bad night nonetheless.

Best

Mattp
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: ADAM BROMLEY WINS THE MINI. VWP ADAM!:
    £10 more from me Graham,  Managed to win the 10.30pm speed.   4th in the 9pm BH too, so a narrow miss on a nice double, but not a bad night nonetheless. Best Mattp
    Posted by mattprawn
    WELL DONE Matt....nice one.....and WELL DONE Adam too...(Shoes or Handbag Natalie?)

I'm sorry I missed railing you, though it looks like you coped without me !!

Just got to  see Graham's last hand HU in Midnight Express, as all the chips went in .....

The Misty Magic didn't quite get there in time having flopped top pair. Very unlucky G. Sorry i didnt get there 10minutes earlier but I was indulging in your great write-up and videos on the POKER Ryder Cup. What was it Queen said again?.......

Oh yessssss......  "WE ARE THE CHAMPION'S"
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: ADAM BROMLEY WINS THE MINI. VWP ADAM!:
    In Response to Re: 2016 TLB CHARITY THREAD: ADAM BROMLEY WINS THE MINI. VWP ADAM! : WELL DONE Matt....nice one.....and WELL DONE Adam too...(Shoes or Handbag Natalie?) I'm sorry I missed railing you, though it looks like you coped without me !! Just got to  see Graham's last hand HU in Midnight Express, as all the chips went in ..... The Misty Magic didn't quite get there in time having flopped top pair. Very unlucky G. Sorry i didnt get there 10minutes earlier but I was indulging in your great write-up and videos on the POKER Ryder Cup. What was it Queen said again?....... Oh yessssss......   "WE ARE THE CHAMPION'S"
    Posted by MISTY4ME

Hi Mist, yes no worries mate. Thanks again for the great job you did as the Sky Poker "Ryder Cup" Captain for the South.

I know there was a lot to organise, and you did a great job and were so supportive. It was great having you leading us into battle and secure a 6.5 - 5.5 victory for the South.

The good old Misty Magic does come in handy, I must admit.

Glad you enjoyed the write up and videos. For those wondering what Misty is refering too. I have cut and paste the write up below, if you have time the associated video links are quite fun:

THE "POKER" RYDER CUP AS IT HAPPENED

Well it all started off as you would expect. The North playing it up and telling the South how great they were. The South took this in their stride and reminded the Northerners just how grim it was up there, compared to the sophistication of the southern counties. So the North called us all softies which really intimidated the Londerners (not)

So here's a couple of links to give you a sense of the atmosphere:

Queue, North South perimeter disputes link below:

A bit of banter then occured over house prices and standard of living. Queue the South's opinion of the North below:

Well that kinda sets the tone, so on to the matches.

The foursomes saw the South take an early 2-1 lead, thanks to some fine play particularly from Jordz, Mania and EssexPhil, while FeelGroggy and MattPrawn starred for the North.

We then encountered several scheduling problems for the fourballs, which did cause a little stress to yours truely, as he barked at everyone about playing their fixture and generally got everyone's back up. Leaving everyone stressed and StayOrGo feeling like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od6hY_50Dh0 (including guest appearance from GLB)

However, after questioning whether it was worth all the stress, he decided:

So onto the fourballs:

Match four was severely delayed, however the South cruised to victory in match five. EssexPhil and Jordz proving unstoppable. Queue Music:

A great captain pairing saw IrishRose avail her earlier defeat, teaming up yours truely to see off MattPrawn and Ice_Tiger, who battled well, but the Anglo/Irish combo proved too strong.

Queue music as the South go into a seemingly comfortable 4-1 lead:

Then the game takes a dramatic twist. Queue outstanding performance by Donald (thisltedu)

Donald was unavailable at the weekend so he played his remaining games on Friday night. He saw off EssexPhil 4-1 in the singles and beat Misty 2-1 adding to his 2-1 victory over MonkeyGLB. Let me tell you they are all some scalps indeed.

So a revitalised and invigourated Northern team, started to feel a bit more chipper and confident. Now bringing it, big time, to the South. The North were already starting to prepare a somewhat premature, victory dance.

Northern Super Sub, Limp2Lose, makes his entrance:

Limp2Lose kindly offered to stand in for FeelGroggy, but was not best pleased when he realised the start time of his first match would only allow for him to have four hours sleep:

However after a slow start he managed to close out the outstanding fourballs match, leaving the North just one point behind at 4-3. The sleep deprived GARY, still proved to be quite a ROCK for the Nothern team:

Meanwhile, a slight rescheduling meant that MattPrawn was playing Misty4Me earlier than planned, while a repeat of the Heads Up Cup Final, saw ajmilton trying to seek revenge over cup final conqueror, MonkeyGLB.

Mattprawn and Misty4Me fought out an honourable and crucial draw, while MonkeyGLB raced to a 3-0 lead.

AJ was having non of it though, and just like in the Cup Final, he fought back well to make it 3-2. But some Monkey Magic in the last game secured a win for Monkey and at least a draw for the South:

Queue Monkey Magic:

So with the South now 6-4 up. It was a battle of student versus teacher. Father v Son in fact.

As hard as I tried, the now fully awake (and less grumpy) Limp2Lose was too hot to handle and disposed of his Dad StayOrGo with consumate ease and a 4-1 scoreline

He did however hit running 6's in the third game, for a rather fortuitous, 2-1 lead.

However after that, son was just too good.

So that tee'd it up perfectly for the final match, with IrishRose needing a half against MAXALLY for the SOUTH to win.

You really couldn't have script it, as it went to 2-2, and then MAXALLY won the 5th game, setting it up for a nail biting final game. The rail could hardly contain themselves, except of course poor DarkAngel, who just didn't know who to cheer for. Her loyal friend Rose or her Northern team.

Shouts of "COME ON MAX" and "GO ROSIE!" filled the chat box, but the Irish Eyes were smiling and with astounding composure, Rose prevailed in the last game, to secure the required half point for the South.

Queue music for Rose:

So the South prevailed 6.5 to 5.5, what else is there to say, other than:

Last but by no means least, a shout out to both captains, who did a fantastic job, albeit a bit stressful for them at times.

It wouldn't have worked without you, many thanks to both Misty4Me who was truely inspirational for the South and also DarkAngel who was just brilliant and so supportive for the North.

So lets give it up with a musical tribute to our Captains!

This one for Donna

So Jez, thanks for everything. it's goodbye for now from your adopted friends in the South. Until next year!