You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!

Comments

• edited September 2016
    I'm pretty darn busy the next two weeks with live poker! 3rd of October around 5pm? 
  • edited September 2016
    Hi buzka, ready when you are.
    I'm available after 7pm  every night .
    It's up to you which night you want to lose (any will do me)
    Just pop a convenient time on this thread, 
    as to when you would like to lose, i mean play.

Regards Alan (plo8 oh yes, and hu holdem champ)

ps. Graham start engraving the trophy....it's in the bag surely
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. QUARTER FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    Hi buzka, ready when you are. I'm available after 7pm  every night . It's up to you which night you want to lose (any will do me) Just pop a convenient time on this thread,  as to when you would like to lose, i mean play. Regards Alan (plo8 oh yes, and hu holdem champ) ps. Graham start engraving the trophy....it's in the bag surely
    Posted by ajmilton
    omg dying here lol tears streaming down my face with laughter. Gl Aj xx
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. QUARTER FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    I'm pretty darn busy the next two weeks with live poker! 3rd of October around 5pm? 
    Posted by IanSimpson
    Hope the live poker is going well!  3 October is a good day, but it's unlikely I'll be home from work by 5pm.  Are you around later that evening at all?

Otherwise if you're playing the roller on Sunday we squeeze in our game then?  Might help me play a few less hands.
  • edited September 2016
    Hi buzka, ready when you are. I'm available after 7pm  every night . It's up to you which night you want to lose (any will do me) Just pop a convenient time on this thread,  as to when you would like to lose, i mean play. Regards Alan (plo8 oh yes, and hu holdem champ) ps. Graham start engraving the trophy....it's in the bag surely
    Posted by ajmilton
    No comment 
    8:30 pm tonight is ok for me.

• edited September 2016
    Nice one buzka, 8.30pm  will be fine, 
    I'll find you or vice versa. so that we can sync up 
    in the chat box and reg for the game.

OK Peeps It's game on 8.30 tonight Be there or be a
    four sided shape with four sides of equal length.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ)
  • edited September 2016
    Nice one buzka, 8.30pm  will be fine,  I'll find you or vice versa. so that we can sync up  in the chat box and reg for the game. OK Peeps It's game on 8.30 tonight Be there or be a four sided shape with four sides of equal lenth. Regards Alan (plo8 champ)
    Posted by ajmilton

I'll be on the rail, gl both!
  • edited September 2016
  • edited September 2016
    Ajmilton won 3-2.well deserved and gl in the next round.
    stella beat me:)
    thanks all for rail.
  • edited September 2016
    ajmilton 3   buzka 2

1 hour and 40 minutes of intense poker folks.
    great epic battle against buzka.
    This game could have gone either way, many times.
    have to say one of the best if not the best hu games i've played
    very well played buzka, quality game 

Regards Alan (send in the next for the slaughter) 

• edited September 2016
    Could do 6pm on oct 3rd? Or possibly very late on The Sunday on the 2nd October when I'm playing less tables, during the roller is peak time for me!
  • edited September 2016
    ajmilton 3   buzka 2 1 hour and 40 minutes of intense poker folks. great epic battle against buzka. This game could have gone either way, many times. have to say one of the best if not the best hu games i've played very well played buzka, quality game  Regards Alan (send in the next for the slaughter) 
    Posted by ajmilton

Classic match, very well played both!

Thanks for supporting this buzka, and all the best for the semi-final AJ!

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Well done AJ ul Buzka gg both

Can't wait for the rest of the matches to conclude and then the semi final draw. :)
  • edited September 2016
    Could do 6pm on oct 3rd? Or possibly very late on The Sunday on the 2nd October when I'm playing less tables, during the roller is peak time for me!
    Posted by IanSimpson
    Hi Ian

Sorry 6pm is unlikely to work for me on a school night.   Happy to play late on Sunday 2nd depending on how your other games are going.  I'll come and find you if you're on sky and ask!  I'm playing tonight also, so same applies.

If you get any other windows 7pm onwards before then please give me a shout and we can try and sort.

Cheers
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks very much to Ian for a very enjoyable game.  We managed to fall short of  AJ's 1hr40 match by around 1hr20, but it was fun.

Anyhow, with a large dollop of luck and a truckload of Angel Dust, I managed to sneak it 3-1.

Cheers

Matt
  • edited September 2016
    Thanks very much to Ian for a very enjoyable game.  We managed to fall short of  AJ's 1hr40 match by around 1hr20, but it was fun. Anyhow, with a large dollop of luck and a truckload of Angel Dust, I managed to sneak it 3-1. Cheers Matt
    Posted by mattprawn
    Was a fun game to rail and to watch. :D I still want to hear that story Ian. Well done to you both.

• edited September 2016
    Thanks very much to Ian for a very enjoyable game.  We managed to fall short of  AJ's 1hr40 match by around 1hr20, but it was fun. Anyhow, with a large dollop of luck and a truckload of Angel Dust, I managed to sneak it 3-1. Cheers Matt
    Posted by mattprawn

Lightning fast match. Sorry I missed it.

Well played Matt and unlucky Ian.

As always thanks for the support Ian, and all the best in the semi-final Matt!
  • edited September 2016
    Omg I can't wait for the last match to be over and done with, wanting semi final draw.

Good luck Danny and Monkey. Please hurry up and get it on :) look forward to railing this one.
  • edited September 2016
    Right back from the weekend in Eire and ready to do this .... when you free groggy? I am good most evenings now 

Gary - MonkeyGLB

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY:
    Right back from the weekend in Eire and ready to do this .... when you free groggy? I am good most evenings now  Gary - MonkeyGLB
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

Hi Gary. I spoke with FeelGroggy yesterday. He's in Manchester playing live until Sunday.

I am sure he'll post his availability upon his return.

GL to you both.

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Hi all.

As I am sure most of you know the monies pledged by sponsors, unless a specific charity is specified, goes into the prize pool for the charities of the top 4 players of the 2016 TLB comp.

However it was suggested to me that some monetary award should go to the charities of the winner and runner up of the heads up comp.

So I posted a while back on this thread that I was planning to take £320 out of either the TLB or Tournament Wins prize pool and allocate £200 of it to the charity of the heads up comp winner and £120 to the runner up's charity.

I said I would do this if there were no objections. No one has objected so far, so please do so now if anyone is not happy with this. If not, I'll assume this is all OK.

We have the following 5 players and their chosen charities left.

FeelGroggy - Career's Trust
    MonkeyGLB - Chestnut Tree House
    mattprawn - NSPCC
    IrishRose   - TBD
    ajmilton     - TBD

AJ and Rose, could you please post your chosen charity? It can be one already chosen by one of the TLB competitors, or indeed any charity of your choice. The semi-finalists just need to win one more match to ensure at least £120 goes to their chosen charity.

GL to all 5 of you!

Cheers,

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY:
    We have the following 5 players and their chosen charities left. FeelGroggy - Career's Trust MonkeyGLB - Chestnut Tree House mattprawn - NSPCC IrishRose   - TBD ajmilton     - TBD AJ and Rose, could you please post your chosen charity? It can be one already chosen by one of the TLB competitors, or indeed any charity of your choice. The semi-finalists just need to win one more match to ensure at least £120 goes to their chosen charity. GL to all 5 of you! Cheers, G 
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I love the "just need to win one more match" lol.

I doubt I'll get much further in this - but on the off chance that I do can I please ask for a local hospice to be my charity?  It's a hospice for terminally ill people and it's where my mum received fantastic care in the last 8 weeks of her life before she died of cancer.  It's a completely free hospice - and relies heavily on donations etc.

If local charities are not allowed then please can I ask for MacMillan Cancer instead?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY : I love the " just need to win one more match" lol. I doubt I'll get much further in this - but on the off chance that I do can I please ask for a local hospice to be my charity?  It's a hospice for terminally ill people and it's where my mum received fantastic care in the last 8 weeks of her life before she died of cancer.  It's a completely free hospice - and relies heavily on donations etc. http://www.royaltrinityhospice.london/ If local charities are not allowed then please can I ask for MacMillan Cancer instead?
    Posted by IrishRose

Hi Rose

It's absolutely fine to have a local charity. http://www.royaltrinityhospice.london it is!

I know they do some wonderful work in these places, and it would be great if we can make a donation to a charity that helped your Mum so much.

Best of luck for the semi-final

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Hi all. As I am sure most of you know the monies pledged by sponsors, unless a specific charity is specified, goes into the prize pool for the charities of the top 4 players of the 2016 TLB comp. However it was suggested to me that some monetary award should go to the charities of the winner and runner up of the heads up comp. So I posted a while back on this thread that I was planning to take £320 out of either the TLB or Tournament Wins prize pool and allocate £200 of it to the charity of the heads up comp winner and £120 to the runner up's charity. I said I would do this if there were no objections. No one has objected so far, so please do so now if anyone is not happy with this. If not, I'll assume this is all OK. We have the following 5 players and their chosen charities left. FeelGroggy - Career's Trust MonkeyGLB - Chestnut Tree House mattprawn - NSPCC IrishRose   - TBD ajmilton     - TBD AJ and Rose, could you please post your chosen charity? It can be one already chosen by one of the TLB competitors, or indeed any charity of your choice. The semi-finalists just need to win one more match to ensure at least £120 goes to their chosen charity. GL to all 5 of you! Cheers, G 
    Posted by StayOrGo
    Hi Graham, I forgot about the extra prize fund, very generous of you.
    If possible, and if i'm lucky enough to get to the final.
    I would like the prize fund to go to Macmillan

Hope the link works

Max ball (ballboy) as completed 12 challenges in support of Macmillan
    during 2016, in support of his father Steve Ball (ice_tiger) 
    who is continuing his battle against cancer.
    Absolutely great achievement by Max, so would be great to get extra money 
    for his efforts.

Regards Alan 

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. ONE LAST QUARTER FINAL MATCH TO GO. MONKEYGLB v FEELGROGGY : Hi Graham, I forgot about the extra prize fund, very generous of you. If possible, and if i'm lucky enough to get to the final. I would like the prize fund to go to Macmillan via   https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/MaxAndTheMac12 Hope the link works Max ball (ballboy) as completed 12 challenges in support of Macmillan during 2016, in support of his father Steve Ball (ice_tiger)  who is continuing his battle against cancer. Absolutely great achievement by Max, so would be great to get extra money  for his efforts. Regards Alan 
    Posted by ajmilton

Hi AJ.

MacMillan is a great charity. In fact, it is the charity that I am representing this year in the TLB comp.

Regarding the "extra" prize fund for the heads up comp, this is coming out of the donations from all the competitors and sponsors, like yourself.

So it is yours and their generosity, not mine, that is providing the prize pool for the heads up comp.

I join you, and many others I'm sure, in wishing ice_tiger, ballboy and their family, all the best in this difficult time. It looks like Max has done an outstanding job with the 12 challenges! I will endeavour to raise as much as possible for MacMillan this year, via the TLB and Tournament Wins comp.

Thanks again for your support AJ!

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Monkey, I'm now back and will be free to play in the coming days
  • edited September 2016
    So our remaining 5 players and their charities are:

FeelGroggy -  Carer's Trust (still to play 1/4 final match)
    MonkeyGLB - Chestnut Tree House (still to play 1/4 final match)
    mattprawn -  NSPCC
    IrishRose   -  Royal Trinity Hospice
    ajmilton     -  MacMillan Cancer Support

GL to all of you. Some tremendous causes!
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Monkey, I'm now back and will be free to play in the coming days
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Hi Groggy

How does Monday evening sound? Maybe 7pm ish

Time isn't much of an issue for me tbh

Gary
  • edited September 2016
    monday 7 sounds good
  • edited September 2016
    monday 7 sounds good
    Posted by FeelGroggy
    Excellent see you then