You need to be logged in to your Sky Poker account above to post discussions and comments.

You might need to refresh your page afterwards.

Sky Poker forums will be temporarily unavailable from 11pm Wednesday July 25th.
Sky Poker Forums is upgrading its look! Stay tuned for the big reveal!

TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. GARY BURNLEY (MONKEYGLB) WINS AN EPIC HEADS UP FINAL!

Comments

• edited September 2016
    Gary what about 8.30 tomorrow night to get it going. Have spoken to rose and she looked for you tonight but couldn't find you. So said would pop it on here. If you find her on a table then that way will be able to start the game, instead of waiting for her to arrive and others jumping in?
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    Hello Mr AJ, looking forward to the semi final.  Let me know how you're fixed for our game. I can usually do most nights, so long as after 7pm. Cheers Matt (Prawn08 champ)
    Posted by mattprawn
    Hi matty lad, any night suits me after 7pm 
    I'll leave it up to you, to decide what night you want to lose.

Because you will lose, look into my eyes 
    not around the eyes, but into the eyes
    you will fold to my raise, look at the eyes
    you will always fold to my 3-bet, look at the eyes
    you will feel weak, and give in to my superior play
    Look at my eyes

So any night after 7  would be great, matty lad gl

Quick question for Graham, how big is the trophy?
    I going to order the cabinet, 
    so need to know what size, cheers.

Regards Alan (plo8 champ and the prawn cracker)

• edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Hi matty lad, any night suits me after 7pm  I'll leave it up to you, to decide what night you want to lose. Because you will lose, look into my eyes  not around the eyes, but into the eyes you will fold to my raise, look at the eyes you will always fold to my 3-bet, look at the eyes you will feel week, and give in to my superior play Look at my eyes So any night after 7  would be great, matty lad gl Quick question for Graham, how big is the trophy? I going to order the cabinet,  so need to know what size, cheers. Regards Alan (plo8 prawn crusher)
    Posted by ajmilton

LOL.

GET A BIG CABINET!
  • edited September 2016
    Prawn cracker would have been better me thinks aj! ;)
  • edited September 2016
    These trophies, do they get presented or dropped off by white van man ( woman ).Ah, 30 second slot on tuesdays  skypoker night.
    Posted by chilling

I will try and get them presented. Hopefully there'll be a UKPC early next year which may present an opportunity.

I did have to send GSmith13's TLB trophy through the post last year, as we didn't manage to meet up.

However hopefully we will be able to find an opportunity to do something "official".

Cheers,

G
  • edited September 2016
    Hi Rose/Angel 

I am away for the weekend, however I do have my new tablet so may be able to play tonight. I will either search out Rose or post on here if I am about and see if we can get the Semi underway.

Gary (ooh ooh Monkey)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Hi matty lad, any night suits me after 7pm  I'll leave it up to you, to decide what night you want to lose. Because you will lose, look into my eyes  not around the eyes, but into the eyes you will fold to my raise, look at the eyes you will always fold to my 3-bet, look at the eyes you will feel weak, and give in to my superior play Look at my eyes So any night after 7  would be great, matty lad gl Quick question for Graham, how big is the trophy? I going to order the cabinet,  so need to know what size, cheers. Regards Alan (plo8 prawn crusher)
    Posted by ajmilton
    You forget dearest hubby, he's got the angel dust on his side :P lol
  • edited September 2016
    Prawn cracker would have been better me thinks aj! ;)
    Posted by gerardirl
    nice one ger, i like it 
    post has been edited 
    The eyes have it, look out matty lad.
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : You forget dearest hubby, he's got the angel dust on his side :P lol
    Posted by Darkangel7
    Oh, so you favour the other guy.
    Thanks for letting me know, 
    I wasnt aware that we had an open marriage.

Regards Alan (the faithful plo8 champ)
  • edited September 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : How many cans of stella will it hold should be the question.
    Posted by chilling
    Already have one to accommodate miss art-wa, 
    within arms reach chilling lad.
    this is all about the silverware 
    (which i assume already has my name on )

Regards Alan (best plo8 player on sky ever)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Already have one to accommodate miss art-wa,  within arms reach chilling lad. this is all about the silverware  (which i assume already has my name on ) Regards Alan (best plo8 player on sky ever)
    Posted by ajmilton

Are you around tonight? I'd hate to delay you on the path to glory any longer.

Looking forward to turning you into Prawn Toast.  Paradise Lost perhaps for Mr Milton?

Mattp

• edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Are you around tonight? I'd hate to delay you on the path to glory any longer. Looking forward to turning you into Prawn Toast.  Paradise Lost perhaps for Mr Milton? Mattp
    Posted by mattprawn
    Tonight will be fine matty lad 
    Glad to see we are both on the same wave length.
    Don't forget to read my post to you, 
    on page 20 (this thread) before we start the match. 
    you find me or i'll find you later gl matt.

Regards Alan (prawn cocktail anyone)
  • edited October 2016
    GL both. What time are you playing? So the railer's know.

Best of 7 remember!

Cheers,

G
  • edited October 2016
    GL both. What time are you playing? So the railer's know. Best of 7 remember! Cheers, G
    Posted by StayOrGo
    I can't find matt at any tables at the moment 
    Will post on here as soon as match starts
    or give advanced warning  
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : I can't find matt at any tables at the moment  Will post on here as soon as match starts or give advanced warning  
    Posted by ajmilton
    Excellent, looking forward to it already.

How about 8.30pm this evening?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Excellent, looking forward to it already. How about 8.30pm this evening?
    Posted by mattprawn

Excellent, may the best man win!

I daren't ask AJ who he thinks that is. :=)

But seriously, best of luck to you both.

G
  • edited October 2016
                                                          8.30pm 
                                       Game on

Can someone pass me the mint sauce 
    I want this one to taste good 
  • edited October 2016
                                                          8.30pm                                     Game on Can someone pass me the mint sauce  I want this one to taste good 
    Posted by ajmilton
    Marie Rose maybe more appropriate?
  • edited October 2016
                                                          8.30pm                                     Game on Can someone pass me the mint sauce  I want this one to taste good 
    Posted by ajmilton

Lamb to the slaughter ay?
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : Marie Rose maybe more appropriate?
    Posted by mattprawn
    No matt when it's lamb to the slaughter
    has to be mint (read the post on page 20 mwha ha ha)
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : No matt when it's lamb to the slaughter has to be mint (read the post on page 20 mwha ha ha)
    Posted by ajmilton
    Can't find you, assume you busted that strange 4 card game you were playing.  

Playing the main if you want to come and find me. Nta
  • edited October 2016
                                               Match started

Live match results

ajmilton  =4    mattprawn   =2
  • edited October 2016
    Great match up this one, 
    again this one could have gone either way.
    Seemed longer but lasted just short of 1 hour
    Very  close game,  score ajmilton 4  mattprawn 2

But seriously, was there ever any doubt.
    prawn cocktail on a plate.
    despite the support matt got from my 2-forum wive's
    oh, i'll name and shame them, irishrose and darkangel7

between them all I could see in the chatbox was, 
    gl matty wp matty  glglglglgl
    A pair of 2 timing cheatbox's
    At the end of the match, it was, wp aj xx gg aj, 
    makes me want to heave.

I did get some good support from a couple of the reg ploppers 
    cheezy, vespa and stu, ty lads
    and of course Graham and a few others 
    were there supporting both us players.

Looking forward to the final ....Bring it on.

Regards Alan (charity HU finalist go aj, go aj,)  

• edited October 2016
    Great match up this one,  again this one could have gone either way. Seemed longer but lasted just short of 1 hour Very  close game,  score ajmilton 4  mattprawn 2 But seriously, was there ever any doubt. prawn cocktail on a plate. despite the support matt got from my 2-forum wive's oh, i'll name and shame them, irishrose and darkangel7 between them all I could see in the chatbox was,  gl matty wp matty  glglglglgl A pair of 2 timing cheatbox's At the end of the match, it was, wp aj xx gg aj,  makes me want to heave. I did get some good support from a couple of the reg ploppers  cheezy and vespa, ty lads and of course Graham and a few others  were there supporting both us players. Looking forward to the final ....Bring it on. Regards Alan (charity HU finalist go aj, go aj,)     
    Posted by ajmilton
    I was neutral no lucky dust was sprinkled tonight and it could have been so there :P
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: OFFICIAL TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE : I was neutral no lucky dust was sprinkled tonight and it could have been so there :P
    Posted by Darkangel7
    No back tracking now wench
    Your angel dust is proberbly talc anyway. :-)

• edited October 2016
    Great game Matt and AJ.

All the best for the final AJ, and congrats too for Matt, who earned his charity, NSPCC, a very welcome £50.

Cheers,

G

• edited October 2016
    Great games to watch Mr AJ and Mr Matt

I love you both really - but had to give extra shout out for my TPT man lol

Very well played both of you xx
  • edited October 2016
    Very well play AJ and best of luck for the final.

Really enjoyed the game, but you were the deserved winner.  Largely felt I was hanging on, so no complaints whatsoever.

Key moment for me was effectively a flip for the game at 2-2.  My JJ v your AK.  Think I lost a chunk more in the deciding game with AK v QJ on an AK10 flop?  Memory like a goldfish, never mind a prawn.

Good luck to Monkey and Roseee in the other semi final, I'm looking forward to it.

Finally, many thanks to Graham for organising this.  Fantastic effort and a great contribution to a number of deserving charities as a result of his efforts.  Top effort mate.

Cheers

Matt
  • edited October 2016
    Hey Limp2lose

Fancy playing the HU tonight ?? 

I am free now ??

Gary aka MonkeyGLB
  • edited October 2016
    In Response to Re: TLB2016 HEADS UP COMP THREAD. SEMI FINAL DRAW IS HERE:
    Hey Limp2lose Fancy playing the HU tonight ??  I am free now ?? Gary aka MonkeyGLB
    Posted by MonkeyGLB

I'm confused. Limp2Lose is my son, your match is against IrishRose. :=)